• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
Moderator 2

Next Up: Ravens Free Agents--Who goes? Who stays?

2,534 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, balfan23 said:

Did Gilmore really have the excuse of being banged up this year? I know it was his excuse 2 years ago. I don't know ... he was a big time disappointment last year, so it is getting harder to get excited about him. Still, I'd like to see us try and work more with the young TEs. I grow weary of hearing about how Pitta led the world in receptions when it felt like 1/2 of them were generated in the worst game of the season last year v. the Bengals when it felt like he caught 20 balls for a total of 50 yards.  

Agreed, we likely will employ more 2 TE sets, especially with Juice gone. However, 6 TEs? Something has to give. No doubt the most confusing position group on the team. 

Yea i think he had offseason surgery, actually multiple surgeries... and then hurt his back and maybe had shoulder issues??

He was definitely hurt a good portion of last year.

51 minutes ago, PurpleCity5 said:

I don't think Gilmore is refined much. He doesn't know how to beat double teams and some of his routes are a little rusty. He doesn't move all that well either but I think he's definitely got a spot here. 

I think that guy has such raw talent, I was really looking forward to seeing him develop this last year.  He is a beast, but he might just be a bigger version of Camp

19 minutes ago, usmccharles said:

I think that guy has such raw talent, I was really looking forward to seeing him develop this last year.  He is a beast, but he might just be a bigger version of Camp

they're both from the same class and this is around the time when prospects blow up for us and price themselves out of staying (i realise camp was cut and came back so it's different slightly) - i have a feeling crockett might take on a more boyle-esque role this year if all the tight ends stay healthy (im still assuming watson wont be here when the season starts but i guess there's a possibility he stays - but for the sake of argument let's say he doesnt)

i can see maxx and pitta being the starters with boyle playing more of the juice lead blocker / check down guy and crockett coming in as the 3rd tight end to go back to being a block first guy and occasionally sneaking down the seam or on a shallow cross and then waller coming in towards the red zone - this of course is off the top of my head and i havent really thought about it too comprehensively

6 hours ago, Edgar said:

I've said this before but...had Maxx been drafted by Pittsburgh he would be a budding star...certainly a fan favorite.

They probably would be doing some cutting edge stuff with him....you know, throwing him the ball.

Twice, in his rookie season he played entire games and was TARGETED.....zero times.

Heck, why did they even need to draft Maxx in the second?? They got Jesse James much later in the draft and he has outperformed and helped them much more than Maxx has come anywhere close to for us.

2 hours ago, balfan23 said:

Did Gilmore really have the excuse of being banged up this year? I know it was his excuse 2 years ago. I don't know ... he was a big time disappointment last year, so it is getting harder to get excited about him. Still, I'd like to see us try and work more with the young TEs. I grow weary of hearing about how Pitta led the world in receptions when it felt like 1/2 of them were generated in the worst game of the season last year v. the Bengals when it felt like he caught 20 balls for a total of 50 yards.  

Agreed, we likely will employ more 2 TE sets, especially with Juice gone. However, 6 TEs? Something has to give. No doubt the most confusing position group on the team. 

Gilmore had surgery on his shoulder and his other shoulder just missed the knife. Two separate tears on hamstring. That's not banged up, it's been real injuries.

17 hours ago, RayRayRaven said:

eraven u r legend man, nobody has posted numbers like u an u deserve respekt. when u say walkers like wagner can be supplemented by decosta with cutoffs from other teams why cant they come from r own rosta that decosta builded? thats what funny

yah mighta been a good post anywhares from 2008 to 2012, but that dog wont hunt now.

briefity is the sole of wit

'Briefty is the sole of wit'!! If you gave me a full day to come up with that I would fail miserably! That was just too good RayRayRaven! Don't ever do emoticons any more. Just type away because reading and understanding them while really taxing, is also quite intoxicating!

22 hours ago, usmccharles said:

I think he's a mighty fine player but he needs to improve in the mental and technical aspect of the game. He needs to sell and refine his routes, not only that but find the soft spots in coverages and learn how to beat double teams.

46 minutes ago, Purple Punishment said:

In before the let's sign Art Jones people show up 

surely there won't be...

2 hours ago, Purple Punishment said:

In before the let's sign Art Jones people show up 

1 hour ago, rossihunter2 said:

surely there won't be...

12 minutes ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

dont be surprised...

Hey, we should sign Art Jones ;)

7 hours ago, SepticeyePoe said:

Hey, we should sign Art Jones ;)

The fact that no one else jumped on that wagon in 7 hours gives me much hope for the fanbase

On March 23, 2017 at 10:00 AM, Ravens4Real said:

Heck, why did they even need to draft Maxx in the second?? They got Jesse James much later in the draft and he has outperformed and helped them much more than Maxx has come anywhere close to for us.

That's just how the cookie crumbles some times. Maxx is still young and has a lot more time to get with it and be good for us. I remember thinking we got the better deal with Zadarious smith in the 4th and they took bud Dupree in the 1st. Smith out played Dupree in his 1st year. Don't get me wrong my expectations is high on maxx, but I guess we'll just have to wait.

10 hours ago, rossihunter2 said:

The fact that no one else jumped on that wagon in 7 hours gives me much hope for the fanbase

Lot less traffic in the offseason but the kicker is why not give him a looksee for a cheap short term deal like a 1 yr 1 mil deal especially if these trade rumors bout Jernigan are real and does happen. He wont count against the comp formula and I'm not fully invested into our other dlinemen cuz they've either done nothing or have barely seen the field if at all. We need bodies there and when he was here he was a passrushing threat no different than Jernigan.