Moderator 2

Next Up: Ravens Free Agents--Who goes? Who stays?

2,723 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, BmoreBird22 said:

This was actually my major area of concern for KO following the playoff run. I didn't think he moved well enough to the second level or identified second level blocks well enough. 

Of course, I'm not expert on the line and that clearly turned out wrong.

I wouldn't say wrong - some guys just need more time.

3 hours ago, jboy19 said:

I think the loss of Watson was definitely a problem. He was one of the best red zone weapons in 2015 with the Saints. Then the Ravens had redzone nightmares in 2016. 

He would have been good here IMO. It's sad but it is what it is, I wouldn't mind holding onto him. He could still show that he has plenty left in TC.

15 hours ago, BmoreBird22 said:

This was actually my major area of concern for KO following the playoff run. I didn't think he moved well enough to the second level or identified second level blocks well enough. 

Of course, I'm not expert on the line and that clearly turned out wrong.

You weren't wrong by any means. KO was immobile as a statue as a rookie, but he just got better. He committed himself to getting leaner and quicker and it paid off in dividends.

17 hours ago, PurpleCity5 said:

He would have been good here IMO. It's sad but it is what it is, I wouldn't mind holding onto him. He could still show that he has plenty left in TC.

If we had Watson instead of Pitta catching all those 80 catches, he would've had over a 1000 yards and 7+ TDs for the amount of receptions Pitta had. It was unfortunate we lost him. I still believe we shoudn't cut him and make him TE#1 and Pitta and Boyle TE#2 depending on whether we pass or run. Watson is a superior athlete and a better TE even at his age than Pitta is.

17 minutes ago, JetLife94 said:

Would love to bring dumervil back for cheap he's not gaining any interest on the market.

I've heard we're possibly going to take him back. Heard the same about Webb, which I'd also love to have back.

I really would love to see Webb back here, I personally think Judon needs to get the nod, he was highly effective and looked primed for a breakout(and the ZDS rookie year is apples and oranges here, one looked very good and the other got lucky on blown assignments, save it please). Webb is excellent depth and having an extra guy who plays both s and cb inside and out is huge. If anyone goes down we have a veteran and perhaps the 2nd smartest/savviest db on the team who can fill in anywhere.

7 minutes ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

I really would love to see Webb back here, I personally think Judon needs to get the nod, he was highly effective and looked primed for a breakout(and the ZDS rookie year is apples and oranges here, one looked very good and the other got lucky on blown assignments, save it please). Webb is excellent depth and having an extra guy who plays both s and cb inside and out is huge. If anyone goes down we have a veteran and perhaps the 2nd smartest/savviest db on the team who can fill in anywhere.

I think Webb can still contribute whether or not someone goes down. We could find ways to get him in as a 3rd safety, but yeah I think if someone goes down he'll easily step up and we won't be in a bad spot. I really hope we get Webb back.

21 minutes ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

Not as if this would determine whether he comes back but

19 hours ago, allblackraven said:

Not as if this would determine whether he comes back but

I think l like number 23 for Jefferson better imo but 21 is a good number. 

Edited by hen826957

Lagarett Blount streight up for Terrance West. anyone?

clady, mangold... They promised to upgrade the run game...

Edited by Halshayeji

On 3/17/2017 at 8:54 AM, Jon_21 said:

Does Marqueston Huff signing with the Chiefs count in the comp pick formula?  Obviously driven a little by contract size and years but would he be a qualifying FA given we rescinded his tender and he became a UFA?

No it doesn't really count especially since he didn't get alot of snaps on defense and wasn't major contributor to the team.

7 hours ago, purpletide said:

I think Webb can still contribute whether or not someone goes down. We could find ways to get him in as a 3rd safety, but yeah I think if someone goes down he'll easily step up and we won't be in a bad spot. I really hope we get Webb back.

I'td be great to get Webb to back up the safety position but usually  backups especially on D gotta perform on sp teams. Thats a big hangup.

11 hours ago, ellicottraven said:

If we had Watson instead of Pitta catching all those 80 catches, he would've had over a 1000 yards and 7+ TDs for the amount of receptions Pitta had. It was unfortunate we lost him. I still believe we shoudn't cut him and make him TE#1 and Pitta and Boyle TE#2 depending on whether we pass or run. Watson is a superior athlete and a better TE even at his age than Pitta is.

I don't know if he would have put up those numbers, I think he would have match Pitta in terms of receiving yards, maybe hit that 800 mark along with 7 TDs but I think he would have been really good here. I know he played in an amazing offense with a top 5 QB ever but Watson did a great job of exposing deep middle coverages and beating Linebackers like a drum. Those are things you credit the player for doing and Watson was spectacular at that. I personally think he would have been a beast here. 

9 hours ago, Willbacker said:

I'td be great to get Webb to back up the safety position but usually  backups especially on D gotta perform on sp teams. Thats a big hangup.

Returner?

12 minutes ago, lgcs27288 said:

Returner?

Way too fragile to be an everyday returner. Anytime he filled in there it was an automatic fair catch.  I think it would still be great to have him back for depth in the secondary. 

3 hours ago, Tank 92 said:

Way too fragile to be an everyday returner. Anytime he filled in there it was an automatic fair catch.  I think it would still be great to have him back for depth in the secondary. 

Pretty crazy how they usually stick A DB back there to make the sure handed catches lol.

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 9:04 AM, ellicottraven said:

Short answer I really don't know. But, my guess is the front office especially Eric DeCosta has a good sense of other team's rosters and is very adept at projecting where teams may make their cuts. So my guess is the Ravens are confident that the losses can very easily be supplemented with cuts from other teams or in the worst case scenario they've a trade situation figured out if neither cuts or the draft work out.

:229031_rofl:

3 hours ago, RayRayRaven said:

I was going to type a long paragraph on why what ellicott said is true, but decided it wasnt worth it.

On 3/18/2017 at 4:02 PM, JoeyFlex5 said:

I definitely think Judon has a role here going forward, not a starter but I think he's definitely going to be a contributor. I honestly wouldn't flinch if Za'darius Smith was cut. 

4 hours ago, RayRayRaven said:

This is by far the most effective post you've made even though you're rolling in laughter at something that is logical and perhaps right. See you can convey a lot more if you don't type words and make sentences.

10 hours ago, ellicottraven said:

This is by far the most effective post you've made even though you're rolling in laughter at something that is logical and perhaps right. See you can convey a lot more if you don't type words and make sentences.

Wut en Tarantination? Dood, downt desraspekt tha man's genuiz. Nawt kewl

Edited by LosT_in_TranSlatioN

15 hours ago, RayRayRaven said:

Just getting around to reading your own posts?

Figures. Cuz thats been my reaction the whole time.

On 3/19/2017 at 0:50 AM, B-more Ravor said:

Jefferson also said this tho:

Tony Jefferson@_tonyjefferson

@FilmstudyRavens 21 is best number out there couldn't pass up . In respect to Webb if he's back that's HIS number no questions asked.

Great thing to do Tony. If Webby does come back and I'm hopeful he will, then yes Webby deserves the #21! You'll more than likely be wearing a different number once the season starts. Great gesture on your part!

11 hours ago, ellicottraven said:

surprised he spelled it right....

22 hours ago, PurpleCity5 said:

I definitely think Judon has a role here going forward, not a starter but I think he's definitely going to be a contributor. I honestly wouldn't flinch if Za'darius Smith was cut. 

I really like the potential that Judon has going forward. I see him as being a big contributor for us once he gets some more playing time.

Well Kamar Aiken is gone on a prove it deal to Indy. So with regard to comp picks, where do we stand? We lost Wagner, Juice, Ducasse, Aiken and Guy and have signed Jefferson, Carr and Woodhead. We are 2 up on the comp pick count right?

27 minutes ago, ellicottraven said:

Well Kamar Aiken is gone on a prove it deal to Indy. So with regard to comp picks, where do we stand? We lost Wagner, Juice, Ducasse, Aiken and Guy and have signed Jefferson, Carr and Woodhead. We are 2 up on the comp pick count right?

Isn't there some sort of qualification on this also?  The player must have x amount of time played and the contract must be x amount of money.  If someone knows, please share that info.

1 hour ago, Purple_City39 said:

Isn't there some sort of qualification on this also?  The player must have x amount of time played and the contract must be x amount of money.  If someone knows, please share that info.

Kind of, yes, but no one knows the real formula.  It's some combination of salary, playing time, and accolades (pro bowl, awards, etc.).  However, in this case, we're just determining comp pick eligibility.  The simple math adds up to us being in line for 2 comp picks.  Just to use a player as an example, should Aiken's salary fall below the 32 cut off, we'd only get 1 comp pick.

This prediction shows a good example of contracts that fall under the cut.

https://overthecap.com/projecting-2017-compensatory-draft-picks/