Moderator 2

Next Up: Ravens Free Agents--Who goes? Who stays?

2,512 posts in this topic

Just now, Sami84 said:

ideal..but money tends to win out and the browns will thwart us. 

Money didn't win out with Weddle last year, and he's the one recruiting Jefferson so it's not out of the realm of possibility if our offer is good

Just now, Inqui said:

Looks like we're purging ourselves of that 2013 draft class.

We still have Ryan Jensen...

2 minutes ago, arnie_uk said:

Sign Jefferson cut webb

I wonder what the price difference on that would be? Hmm

Just now, rmw10 said:

So..how bad are this FO. THey have turned the baltimore ravens in a mess.

No O-line outside of stanley and an older yanda

NO pass rush

No Secondary depth

No WR of any real note

Ozzie we trust ay..

5 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

And it looks like the final domino will officially fall soon

How in the the world the Giants still have cap space when they sign a couple of free agents last season with Damon Harrison and everything. Williams and Harrison looks like will be a great tandem if that happens. 

2 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

Just now, allblackraven said:

Has he been tendered? 

Yes. Original Round

4 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

Until they cut him after no other team signs him off his tender deal and the Ravens won't get compensated.

Just now, Cawtious said:

Yes. Original Round

Good. Doesn't say much but I trust him more than Urschel.

3 minutes ago, Sami84 said:

NO pass rush

No Secondary depth

No WR of any real note

Ozzie we trust ay..

Blowing it all up for the next regime? No more Ozzie and no more Harbaugh?

1 minute ago, EdTheMythicalOne said:

Until they cut him after no other team signs him off his tender deal and the Ravens won't get compensated.

Naw, that'd be Zuttah...

2 minutes ago, EdTheMythicalOne said:

Considering we've lost Wagner and depth along the line is questionable anyway, I'd say the chances are pretty good that he makes the team. He's had flashes of good play, he just needs to work on pass blocking, but the guy is a monster of a run blocker, that cannot be denied.

LOL at the 49ers paying a Fullback $5M a year and at the Lions for paying a Right Tackle $9M a year. 

Dumb teams never learn. 

2 minutes ago, EdTheMythicalOne said:

Blowing it all up for the next regime? No more Ozzie and no more Harbaugh?

i think Eric DeCosta has had a big role along with john harbaugh in messing up in drafts. Eric DeCosta in particular from his interviews in the past 4 years and his feeling on players seems to be a poor evaluator of talent.

1 minute ago, Sami84 said:

i think Eric DeCosta has had a big role along with john harbaugh in messing up in drafts. Eric DeCosta in particular from his interviews in the past 4 years and his feeling on players seems to be a poor evaluator of talent.

1 minute ago, Davesta said:

Relax fellas. We're just tanking for Sam darnold. In Ozzie we trust

and now the trolling has truly started...

Assuming we stick to signing FA's that were cuts, what are we looking at if Brandon Williams goes too ... 2 3rd round comps (Williams & Wagner) and a 5th rounder (Juice).  Possibly add another 6th or 7th once you factor in the realistic chance of us losing Guy or Mallet.  Not a bad haul, will hurt losing all 3 of them but I think Pierce can step up with Jernigan.  RT we will have to fix and hopefully can find a value vet to help bridge to whoever we draft this year.  

Juice was a luxury.  I can see us using Boyle in an fullback type of role which will allow us to keep the TE logjam.  Assuming Pitta restructures there is no way we would have kept Pitta/Williams/Gilmore/Boyle/Waller/Watson if Juice was in play.  With Juice gone, I can see the scenario of us keeping all those weapons if we move Boyle to fullback.  This assumes Watson restructures as well.    

Just now, Jon_21 said:

Possibly add another 6th or 7th once you factor in the realistic chance of us losing Guy or Mallet

dont forget maybe aiken as well - we have multiple chances to get 4 comp picks

We better be using this cap to extend Mosley and Jernigan. Something tells me we chose the duo of Mosley/Jernigan over Wagner/Williams. 

17 minutes ago, Sami84 said:

NO pass rush

No Secondary depth

No WR of any real note

Ozzie we trust ay..

Stanley Lewis Yanda is a fine core to any O-Line.  There are also not many teams in the NFL that can claim top depth in the secondary and Mike Wallace is certainly a WR of note, in fact right now he is the best bargain on the Ravens roster at the moment.

7 minutes ago, JO_75 said:

We better be using this cap to extend Mosley and Jernigan. Something tells me we chose the duo of Mosley/Jernigan over Wagner/Williams. 

I hope they sign Mosley can't let him go. If they don't sign Mosley next year, then this team is going down the drain. 

4 minutes ago, OLD SCHOOL SMASH BALL said:

The Sun reporting B Will is gone??? WTH, Will we ever be able to sign our own home grown Ravens anymore? Or will the endless cap hell prwvent tgat from ever happening? https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/03/ravens-expected-to-lose-brandon-williams

Wonder if it took them this long to realize they need to get out of cap hell. Maybe that's what we are doing?

1 minute ago, OLD SCHOOL SMASH BALL said:

The Sun reporting B Will is gone??? WTH, Will we ever be able to sign our own home grown Ravens anymore? Or will the endless cap hell prwvent tgat from ever happening? https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/03/ravens-expected-to-lose-brandon-williams

You don't pay a NT the kind of money he's gonna get if you're cap strapped. Signing bwill is a massive step in the wrong direction for us and this is a good thing, it clears up much needed space and it feels like a rebuild is happening. 

Letting Wagner, williams and juice walk, could save us upwards of 24m per year without accounting for the inevitable backloading which would have those numbers probably around 28m 2-3 years from now. Cutting dumervil and hopefully pitta will give us another 9m, we have young talent for the first time in ages and this is what you do when you have young talent, let the old talent take big money elsewhere while you have younger and faster guys playing for far cheaper.

I love Juice but he is not worth anywhere near that. He's a niche player at the end of the day. Maybe he's worth that to a team loaded with cap space like SF but with our limited cap you can't justify that type of contract to keep him

5 minutes ago, JO_75 said:

Wonder if it took them this long to realize they need to get out of cap hell. Maybe that's what we are doing?

That's realistically one thing we can do this year to make lot of us happy.

The only good news of the day is that Kendrick and Shareece were cut. Can we please sign someone tomorrow?

Just now, Deflated Football said:

The only good news of the day is that Kendrick and Shareece were cut. Can we please sign someone tomorrow?

That was yesterday. There was no good news today at all.

Just now, ThatsMyJoeTerback said:

That was yesterday. There was no good news today at all.

Was it really yesterday? Wow today has been long