• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
Moderator 2

Next Up: Ravens Free Agents--Who goes? Who stays?

2,540 posts in this topic

We need to settle the Defensive coordinator position ASAP. Mario Williams got cut, he'd be a semi-cheap sign at this point. His careers had some bumps in production. Maybe he's built for a 3-4?...

1 minute ago, Cillmatic said:

We need to settle the Defensive coordinator position ASAP. Mario Williams got cut, he'd be a semi-cheap sign at this point. His careers had some bumps in production. Maybe he's built for a 3-4?...

No way.  Dude was awful in the 3-4 in Buffalo, and what good does adding yet another borderline done pass rusher do for this team?

7 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

No way.  Dude was awful in the 3-4 in Buffalo, and what good does adding yet another borderline done pass rusher do for this team?

A pass-rusher who did nothing last year.  If  it was a super cheap deal I wouldn't have an issue, but someone will give him a good chunk, Dallas or Oakland maybe.

11 minutes ago, Cillmatic said:

Where are the bumps? All I see is a sharp declining line going straight down in production the last two seasons.

And he was benched the final game of the season, because he's not a good football player.

Edited by rmcjacket23

Sometimes a new voice is needed. I'd remove Marty and Pees from their coordinator positions. Time for younger new minds on both sides of the ball.

The main UFA's I'd try and work out a deal with are: Juice, Wagner and Guy.

Players I'd move on from are: Wallace, Mallet, Doom, Wright, Webb and Powers

Some other stuff on my To-Do list:

- I'd start thinking about new deals for Orr and Jernigan, pending they continue to develop next season. 

- Commit to Dixon being the feature back next season. 

- Focus my draft around the offensive line, pass rush and defensive backs. Ideally, the 16th pick is a top notch pass rusher, and the later rounds are focused around the offensive line and secondary. 

- Flacco needs to spend time this summer with Perriman, Camp, Moore and Maxx. He needs to be on the same pages with these guys. Their development is crucial and I believe in each one of them.

- Speaking of the receiving core, I'd enter free agency looking to acquire a sure handed chain moving WR. I'm a Garcon fan, but that's just tossing a name out there. I don't think Mike Wallace is the guy this team needs. 

- Suggs should be allowed to end his career with Baltimore next season. Any ideas of playing beyond that, he'll have to take his talents elsewhere. Although, I don't want him to be depended on so heavily to get after the QB as he was this season. Hopefully with the new DC and draft class, this won't be the case.

- I love Pitta and there's a spot for him on this team. But at the same time, I think we need more playmaking at the TE position. It's a big offseason for Maxx.

10 hours ago, allblackraven said:

I hope I'm wrong but I think Pitta stays, due to dead money amount and Juice gets paid elsewhere.

We need to do everything we can to keep Rick Wagner.

I think Juice will be smart to stay. There is probably no other team that will seek to use him the way the Ravens do. I think Aiken should also stay. He is mostly reliable and adds experience along with Wallace. I believe Camp stays and shares duties with someone (maybe Chris Moore). Wallace won't be the only one with notable experience so they may keep Aiken around or bring in an older reciever. The team will likely draft a WR. 

The Ravens should be careful not to attempt overhauls in areas where they are well off. But some areas will be unavoidable due to external offers from other teams or the present number of bodies, like TE. I think the team may keep those who were on the field this season in addition to Max Williams.  Pitta probably stays through next season. The team would likely trade him if they got an offer but I don't think that happens but one of the other TE may be offered up for trade.

1 hour ago, rmw10 said:

That's the issue and that's why, despite their friendship, the duo needs to be broken up.  Flacco has such a tendency to look directly at Pitta if his first read isn't there.  That security blanket needs to be taken away from him, because there's been some serious regression when he knows Pitta is right there at all times.  He doesn't progress through any of his other reads.

Any idea on the number of interceptions thrown while targeting Pitta? I know of at least one, which he threw against CIN. 

8 minutes ago, Edug27 said:

Sometimes a new voice is needed. I'd remove Marty and Pees from their coordinator positions. Time for younger new minds on both sides of the ball.

The main UFA's I'd try and work out a deal with are: Juice, Wagner and Guy.

Players I'd move on from are: Wallace, Mallet, Doom, Wright, Webb and Powers

You want to go into the offseason with Aiken, BP, Moore as our top WRs? that's a disaster waiting to happen.  I never thought id see this fan base want to cut a WR that hit 1k yards in a season where our offense was terrible.  He clearly still has plenty of game left. 

Just now, usmccharles said:

You want to go into the offseason with Aiken, BP, Moore as our top WRs? that's a disaster waiting to happen.  I never thought id see this fan base want to cut a WR that hit 1k yards in a season where our offense was terrible.  He clearly still has plenty of game left. 

And we don't even have Aiken, so really just BP, Moore, Mayle, and Kenny Bell.  That's why I don't think people are actually thinking when it comes to Wallace.  You need to add to him, not subtract him.

2 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

And we don't even have Aiken, so really just BP, Moore, Mayle, and Kenny Bell.  That's why I don't think people are actually thinking when it comes to Wallace.  You need to add to him, not subtract him.

Yea, forgot Aiken can and most likely will leave.  Just makes absolute no sense. 

1 minute ago, usmccharles said:

Yea, forgot Aiken can and most likely will leave.  Just makes absolute no sense. 

Basically he feels capable of doing more than Baltimore allows him. After his 2015 year he thinks he can be #2 somewhere.. the carrot was dangled in front of him lol

A lot of talk about Pees being gone.. most agree Harbs needs to make playoffs next year to keep his job safe. So I'm not sure Harbs would want to bring in TWO new coordinators in such an important upcoming season for his job.

1 minute ago, hereweare said:

Basically he feels capable of doing more than Baltimore allows him. After his 2015 year he thinks he can be #2 somewhere.. the carrot was dangled in front of him lol

Yea I have no issue with that, If guys like Sanu and the other guy, name is escaping me can get the money they did...Aiken should feel confident that he can get some money, I just hope we don't pay him

4 minutes ago, usmccharles said:

Yep. I'm going into the offseason with Perriman, Moore, Camp and our TE crew.... and looking to add from there. Wallace is a big name, sure. But we don't need him. There's a reason Wallace keeps jumping teams. He's a deep threat and not much else. We already have fast wideouts. We need better play calling and schemes to get those guys open. Look at what other teams are doing... The Pats come in and scheme up deep routes for players we never heard of before. You watch other teams play one another, and young players are going deep. It's more on the play calling and scheme, rather than recycling these big name vets like Wallace and DJax. You can fall in love with players like Wallace all you want... If I'm Harbs, I'm moving on from him and getting Perriman and Moore out there with Flacco and the new OC. 

4 minutes ago, Edug27 said:

Yep. I'm going into the offseason with Perriman, Moore, Camp and our TE crew.... and looking to add from there. Wallace is a big name, sure. But we don't need him. There's a reason Wallace keeps jumping teams. He's a deep threat and not much else. We already have fast wideouts. We need better play calling and schemes to get those guys open. Look at what other teams are doing... The Pats come in and scheme up deep routes for players we never heard of before. You watch other teams play one another, and young players are going deep. It's more on the play calling and scheme, rather than recycling these big name vets like Wallace and DJax. You can fall in love with players like Wallace all you want... If I'm Harbs, I'm moving on from him and getting Perriman and Moore out there with Flacco and the new OC. 

Haha ok man, have fun with that.  Wallace just had his best season in years.  If you are going to rely on Moore to do anything, I really want whatever your dirnking.  Im not falling in love with Wallace, he produced...I like production, pretty simple.  Lets make BP the #1 option....sounds like a great idea. 

Definitely wont disagree with you about play calling and schemes...but getting rid of our most productive wr normally isn't a recipe for success. 

Edited by usmccharles

3 minutes ago, Edug27 said:

I'm not in love with Wallace as a player, but it makes absolutely no sense to get rid of him.  You're really going to trust Perriman at this juncture?  He still needs a ton of work.  It makes 0 sense to cut Wallace only to sign another player.  You have Wallace who is more than a deep threat.  The priority should be adding something in addition to Wallace.  Getting rid of him only sets the team back.

1 minute ago, usmccharles said:

Haha ok man, have fun with that.  Wallace just had his best season in years.  If you are going to rely on Moore to do anything, I really want whatever your dirnking.  Im not falling in love with Wallace, he produced...I like production, pretty simple.  Lets make BP the #1 option....sounds like a great idea. 

You're falling in love with players man. That's the problem. Just because a player gives you 70 catches in a season where our offense was atrocious, doesn't mean he's the best option for you going forward. We've learned that already with Aiken. Who else was going to catch balls back there? Flacco was slinging that thing recklessly all season. Wallace was brought in to be a deep threat, but was catching all of Flaccos 8 yard throws short of the markers. Was Wallace a dynamic wideout out there? He has 2-3 really good games. Give Perriman 120 targets and he'll come down with 60% of them and 4 TD's. 

2 minutes ago, Edug27 said:

You're falling in love with players man. That's the problem. Just because a player gives you 70 catches in a season where our offense was atrocious, doesn't mean he's the best option for you going forward. We've learned that already with Aiken. Who else was going to catch balls back there? Flacco was slinging that thing recklessly all season. Wallace was brought in to be a deep threat, but was catching all of Flaccos 8 yard throws short of the markers. Was Wallace a dynamic wideout out there? He has 2-3 really good games. Give Perriman 120 targets and he'll come down with 60% of them and 4 TD's. 

No. Wallace was one of the most consistent pieces on this offense. The team has had a hard time replacing Torrey Smith and now the team has a better version of Torrey Smith and you want to trade them? You're the one falling in love with unproven guys expecting them to pull production out of their [profanity deleted]

8 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

I'm not in love with Wallace as a player, but it makes absolutely no sense to get rid of him.  You're really going to trust Perriman at this juncture?  He still needs a ton of work.  It makes 0 sense to cut Wallace only to sign another player.  You have Wallace who is more than a deep threat.  The priority should be adding something in addition to Wallace.  Getting rid of him only sets the team back.

Not saying you're wrong. I just disagree. I don't think our offense can really take a step back from this previous season. If it wasn't for the name on the jersey, I don't think many people would be impressed with Wallace this season, and given the same opportunity, I'm sure Perriman can give you the same production, stats, eye test, etc. 

7 minutes ago, Edug27 said:

Yea, definitely not in love with Pitta and his 70 catches.  Its kind of contradicting of you to say we need better play calling and point out said issues with play calling then blame Wallace for that production of the play calling.  We can just agree to disagree, but I don't see how there is any scenario we are a better team without Wallace than with.  Like RMW said, doesn't make much sense to just cut him, spend money to bring someone else.  I want to bring Garcon in with Wallace still here.  But hey, BP and Moore as your number one and two....see how long it takes for this fan base to lose their mind.

*when did Wallace even become a big name, he disappeared for about 3 years.  I could care less about the name on the Jersey

Edited by usmccharles

Just now, Edug27 said:

Not saying you're wrong. I just disagree. I don't think our offense can really take a step back from this previous season. If it wasn't for the name on the jersey, I don't think many people would be impressed with Wallace this season, and given the same opportunity, I'm sure Perriman can give you the same production, stats, eye test, etc. 

Perriman, while trending up, still needs a ton of work.  He's very, very inconsistent.  You'd be making a huge mistake completely counting on him.  He deserves more snaps going forward for his development, but counting on him would be an awful decision.

The name has absolutely nothing to do with it though.  If that was Chris Moore on his back at the same salary, I'd be advocating for keeping him too.  He gave us production, and more than you believe apparently.

Just now, usmccharles said:

Yea, definitely not in love with Pitta and his 70 catches.  Its kind of contradicting of you to say we need better play calling and point out said issues with play calling then blame Wallace for that production of the play calling.  We can just agree to disagree, but I don't see how there is any scenario we are a better team without Wallace than with.  Like RMW said, doesn't make much sense to just cut him, spend money to bring someone else.  I want to bring Garcon in with Wallace still here.  But hey, BP and Moore as your number one and two....see how long it takes for this fan base to lose their mind.

We can definitely agree to disagree. Not blaming Wallace, but he's replaceable. His season was of product of Joe slinging it for a ridiculous amount of times. He wasn't a game changer out there. I'm a firm believer that Perriman can have the same success next season given that role.  

Perriman, while trending up, still needs a ton of work.  He's very, very inconsistent.  You'd be making a huge mistake completely counting on him.  He deserves more snaps going forward for his development, but counting on him would be an awful decision.

The name has absolutely nothing to do with it though.  If that was Chris Moore on his back at the same salary, I'd be advocating for keeping him too.  He gave us production, and more than you believe apparently.

Its kind of like when we traded Boldin away and expected Torrey to be a number one....Yea, not happening.  BP isn't ready.  Wheres @LosT_in_TranSlatioN and his saying at?

1 minute ago, Edug27 said:

We can definitely agree to disagree. Not blaming Wallace, but he's replaceable. His season was of product of Joe slinging it for a ridiculous amount of times. He wasn't a game changer out there. I'm a firm believer that Perriman can have the same success next season given that role.  

I just don't see how you think its a good idea to go into next year with BP and Moore as our main targets, especially when our TE production was terrible. 

Lol.  He's a product of the system yet everyone else on the receiving group pretty much had bad years?  You get on us for "loving" Wallace but it's clear you have some weird disdain for him.

8 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

Idk man. I just see it differently when it comes to Wallace. Take Wallace's name off his jersey and just watch him play... You'd also say he needs a ton of work as well. He wasn't consistent himself. 4 games of over 60 yards. 1 touchdown in the last 14 weeks. Less than 60% catch% in those weeks as well. Disappeared/dropped/let get intercepted several big throws. I don't know what it is that everyone loves with him. Put the young players out there and they'll give you the similar production with those opportunities.

Edited by Edug27

1 minute ago, Edug27 said:

Idk man. I just see it differently when it comes to Wallace. Take Wallace's name off his jersey and just watch him play... You'd also say he needs a ton of work as well. He wasn't consistent himself. 4 games of over 60 yards. 1 touchdown in the last 14 weeks. Less than 60% catch% in those weeks as well. Disappeated/dropped/let get intercepted several big throws. I don't know what it is that everyone loves with him. Put the young players out there and they'll give you the similar production with those opportunities.

I counted 7 I believe.  You seem the one stuck on his name...

We could argue whether he's a game changer or not all day long, but he's definitely the kind of player you need on a team like this, especially with Perriman not being on his level yet.

As far as his production being a product of Joe throwing more, that's not really an argument you can make, because we can largely quantity that.

He had 117 targets (2nd on the team, just behind Pitta). That's pretty consistent with the targets he saw in Pittsburgh (averaged 111 targets per season in his last three years there), and less than what he averaged in Miami (averaged 128 targets in 2 years there, including a ridiculous 142 in 2013).

If you were to compare this season just to the Miami years, he's a lot more productive on basically the same volume. Receptions didn't deviate much, and he actually had slightly less targets this season.

It COULD be a product of better QB play, but its definitely not just a product of him getting the ball thrown to him more often.

Just now, Edug27 said:

Idk man. I just see it differently when it comes to Wallace. Take Wallace's name off his jersey and just watch him play... You'd also say he needs a ton of work as well. He wasn't consistent himself. 4 games of over 60 yards. 1 touchdown in the last 14 weeks. Less than 60% catch% in those weeks as well. Disappeared/dropped/let get intercepted several big throws. I don't know what it is that everyone loves with him. Put the young players out there and they'll give you the similar production with those opportunities.

If you really believe that, you didn't watch the young WRs.  I like their potential for the future, but come on man.  Perriman has some really good plays in the mix but also a ton of easy drops and a ton of terrible routes.  I also like Moore, but he probably has as many drops as he does catches so far.  Relying on those guys with exactly 0 depth is how you end up with someone like Tandon Doss playing tons of snaps for you.  What happens if one of those guys gets injured?  I know you're proposing that we add someone else, but that's merely a lateral move that doesn't change the situation.