Moderator 2

Next Up: Ravens Free Agents--Who goes? Who stays?

976 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, PurpleCity5 said:

I might be in the minority here, but after thinking about it and talking about it I think we keep both Williams and Wagner and make some cuts that will include Pitta, Watson, Wallace, Wright, and Doom. 

I think the team views them both as priority 1A and 1B and I think we're going to try our hardest to retain both guys.We will have more to work with and both guys should be highly valued and I don't think Williams is making a lot more than Damon Harrison is. I don't think Wagner is setting a new record for RT money and both guys remain here. 

You don't even need to cut Wallace.  Pitta, Watson, Wright, Dumervil, K.Lewis, and Arrington get you 15.86M in cap space immediately.  Right tackles typically average 7M or less (minus one extreme case) and DTs of Williams' one dimensional caliber (although strong at it) shouldn't cost more than a 10M average at worst honestly.  If you consider how all Ravens new contracts have a low first year cap hit, both should be easy to sign.

The reason these six players make the most sense is because they all have a replacement under contract right now and the team wouldn't need to scramble to find players.  Maybe a FA CB if they don't like Canady and want to have numbers before drafting one or two.  Wright and Pitta are the only ones that really played last season and who really thinks we'd crumble with Gillmore/Boyle/Waller and a rookie CB taking over their snaps?

This way, IF it comes to it, you still have another almost 15M to open up from Webb, Wallace, and Zuttah.  Problem is they DON'T have replacements already under contract

14 minutes ago, berad said:

Yeah but he's underachieved for so long, don't know if I can trust it.

I don't think he's underachieved, so much has been expected of him but he's played in a dreadful offense. 

Everyone is talking up Pierre Garcon but let's comparing him side by side to Britt, I don't think he's been all that much better. 

Pierre Garcon 

G GS Rec Yds Avg Lng TD Att Yds Avg Lng TD

2016 Washington Redskins 16 16 79 1,041 13.2 70T 3TD

2015 Washington Redskins 16 16 72 777 10.8 39T 6TD

2014 Washington Redskins 16 14 68 752 11.1 70T 3TD 

Kenny Britt 

SeasonTeamReceivingRushingFumbles

G GS RecYds Avg LngTD AttYds AvgLng TD FUM Lost

2016 Los Angeles Rams 15 15 68 1,002 14.7 66 5TDs

2015 St. Louis Rams 1614 36 681 18.9 60T 3TDs

2014 St. Louis Rams 16 13 48 748 15.6 63T 3TDs 

Like I said before, Garcon played in an offense that was up there with some of the passing offenses in the league and ranked 2nd in the league and 3rd overall offensively. Comparitevly Britt played in an offense that ranked as the 31st ranked passing attack and 32nd ranked offense as a hole. I'll also keep in mind that Kirk Cousins is light years better than anyone the Rams have. I like Garcon, but it's like if Julian Edelman were to come here from New England, that's nice but is he going to be better here than what he was with New England? I could certainly say that in our case, we would get a much better Kenny Britt from LA coming here and that's taking into account his impressive season. 

2 minutes ago, PurpleCity5 said:

Like I said before, Garcon played in an offense that was up there with some of the passing offenses in the league and ranked 2nd in the league and 3rd overall offensively. Comparitevly Britt played in an offense that ranked as the 31st ranked passing attack and 32nd ranked offense as a hole. I'll also keep in mind that Kirk Cousins is light years better than anyone the Rams have. I like Garcon, but it's like if Julian Edelman were to come here from New England, that's nice but is he going to be better here than what he was with New England? I could certainly say that in our case, we would get a much better Kenny Britt from LA coming here and that's taking into account his impressive season. 

You make a compelling case. I guess it's just something I 'feel' - take that for what it's worth, not much.

3 minutes ago, Purple_City39 said:

You don't even need to cut Wallace.  Pitta, Watson, Wright, Dumervil, K.Lewis, and Arrington get you 15.86M in cap space immediately.  Right tackles typically average 7M or less (minus one extreme case) and DTs of Williams' one dimensional caliber (although strong at it) shouldn't cost more than a 10M average at worst honestly.  If you consider how all Ravens new contracts have a low first year cap hit, both should be easy to sign.

The reason these six players make the most sense is because they all have a replacement under contract right now and the team wouldn't need to scramble to find players.  Maybe a FA CB if they don't like Canady and want to have numbers before drafting one or two.  Wright and Pitta are the only ones that really played last season and who really thinks we'd crumble with Gillmore/Boyle/Waller and a rookie CB taking over their snaps?

This way, IF it comes to it, you still have another almost 15M to open up from Webb, Wallace, and Zuttah.  Problem is they DON'T have replacements already under contract

Of course you don't have to cut Wallace but that $6M in savings would help any one of the CB/OLB a ton. We certainly have a replacement in Wallace with Perriman and while he's not a #1 WR, he's certainly might be relied upon as a #2 and I think the team fells strongly about that. I don't think it stops there, I can imagine cutting Wallace would contribute to signing a low cost WR or invest early via draft. I certainly don't think Britt would be the final answer to our WR problems. 

3 minutes ago, berad said:

You make a compelling case. I guess it's just something I 'feel' - take that for what it's worth, not much.

Yeah, I'm just stating my opinion, I just don't think Garcon is a better option right now than Britt and I would 100% take Britt over him right now. 

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 3:39 PM, Moderator 2 said:

Ravens Fullback

Given the current Ravens overage in tight ends, and the possible loss of Kyle Juszyzk to free agency, has any consideration been given to moving Nick Boyle over to fullback?  It seems to me a young, 6'4" 268lb football player with experience, one who knows how to block, can catch, and is fearless might be a great fit, not that there is anything wrong with Kyle, who has been great, but he may be gone.  Nick supposedly runs the 40 in about 5 seconds, which may be a tad slow for a running back, but he brings other pluses to the game.  Besides, he would not be the feature back.

29 minutes ago, PurpleCity5 said:

Yeah, I'm just stating my opinion, I just don't think Garcon is a better option right now than Britt and I would 100% take Britt over him right now. 

Somebody is gonna strike gold with Britt because I feel many will look at his time with the Rams as underachieving. When in reality he's done extremely well for them considering what he's had to deal with and the QBs he's been forced to play with. Garcon is gonna get a ton more than Britt I think and I think Marshall might as well. While teams are fighting over Jeffery, Garcon, DJax and others, I'd attack Britt the minute FA opens, offer him a fair deal, sell playing for a winning team and top level QB and put the ball in his court. 

32 minutes ago, Ravensfan23 said:

Somebody is gonna strike gold with Britt because I feel many will look at his time with the Rams as underachieving. When in reality he's done extremely well for them considering what he's had to deal with and the QBs he's been forced to play with. Garcon is gonna get a ton more than Britt I think and I think Marshall might as well. While teams are fighting over Jeffery, Garcon, DJax and others, I'd attack Britt the minute FA opens, offer him a fair deal, sell playing for a winning team and top level QB and put the ball in his court. 

That's becoming pretty hard sell in a hurry.

@PurpleCity5 thanks for posting those stats.   I'dI'd bebe inintrigued to see targets for each and what the other receiving options did as well.  Britt is clearly the best WR in STL and garcon played with djax and reed,  and there was another guy that I forget his name.  So I think targets ans overall pass attempts could tell a different story as well.  Leaving work now and didn't have time to look up the stats 

2 hours ago, usmccharles said:

@PurpleCity5 thanks for posting those stats.   I'dI'd bebe inintrigued to see targets for each and what the other receiving options did as well.  Britt is clearly the best WR in STL and garcon played with djax and reed,  and there was another guy that I forget his name.  So I think targets ans overall pass attempts could tell a different story as well.  Leaving work now and didn't have time to look up the stats 

Garcon is a possession receiver so I would anticipate that he got plenty of targets, probably even more than Britt given that he plays in a considerably better passing offense. In regards to DJax and Reed, DJax missed a large part of last season and Garcon had stretches of the season in which he was pretty unimpressive. Reed also missed a couple of games as well and there were talks that surrounded Garcon on him being a cap cut, this was during Kirk Cousins career year where the Redskins offense exploded and took off once they got DeSean back and Jordan Reed broke out. I think Garcon rebounded very well but I don't think you're going to get a better Garcon here than what you got in Washington. 

4 hours ago, Ravensfan23 said:

I hope that team is us because I think Oz would go after someone who can be a bargain. If the price is right than I certainly think he would be a great signing. 

4 hours ago, Ravensfan23 said:

While I agree with you that it would be a great signing if we get him at a decent price, I think we sell him as the Baltimore Ravens one of the best run organizations in the NFL, but as for a winning team and top level QB, I think we need to adopt a different strategy to win him over. We may not be a winning team since 2012 but we are a great organization with stability. He knows it as do all the NFL players about the quality of Bisciotti as an owner and Ozzie as GM. I think any free agent would be foolish to walk away from playing for the Ravens.

7 hours ago, ellicottraven said:

While I agree with you that it would be a great signing if we get him at a decent price, I think we sell him as the Baltimore Ravens one of the best run organizations in the NFL, but as for a winning team and top level QB, I think we need to adopt a different strategy to win him over. We may not be a winning team since 2012 but we are a great organization with stability. He knows it as do all the NFL players about the quality of Bisciotti as an owner and Ozzie as GM. I think any free agent would be foolish to walk away from playing for the Ravens.

I chuckled when I read winning team and top level qb. We miss playoffs 2 straight, only 1 blow out win vs the browns. But hey, flacco is better than any QB he played with. I'll give us that. 

15 hours ago, allblackraven said:

That's becoming pretty hard sell in a hurry.

11 hours ago, ellicottraven said:

He's coming from the Rams. They've passed for a total of 5800yds in the last 2 seasons. I don't think Flacco would be a hard sell regardless of what some fans think. Britt has never been to the playoffs in his career, do you really think he'd split hairs between the Ravens being a well run organization or a winning team because they've missed the postseason 3 of the last 4 seasons?

It's funny you guys mentioned that because just last night I was with my mentor and he was telling be about the difference between his time with the Broncos and his time with the Rams. He said with the Broncos no matter the record, the standards among the players were high because they viewed themselves as winners. Even if the record said they weren't winning, guys like Elway, Atwater and Sharpe knew it only took a few tweaks here or there and they were back on the winning track. So it wasn't any walking to drills or sitting on your helmet in practice. So coming in as a 2nd round rookie all he knew was that winning mentality. But with the Rams they weren't known for winning and they didn't have winning habits. So when he was running to each drill in practice and practicing hard each rep, the Rams players called him a suck up(can't use the real language) and eventually his practice habits changed as well because he became a product of his environment. The Ravens still have a standard of winning and Britt or any other FA will see that. I agree anybody would be foolish to walk away from the Ravens especially if they do so beause they haven't been to the playoffs in 2 seasons. 

3 hours ago, Davesta said:

I chuckled when I read winning team and top level qb. We miss playoffs 2 straight, only 1 blow out win vs the browns. But hey, flacco is better than any QB he played with. I'll give us that. 

I chuckle when I see Ravens fans who have experienced nearly 10 years of success consistently, quickly revert to Cleveland Browns fans as soon as the team has a rough few years. Guys like Sr, Wallace, Weddle and Watson had many options to go play for other teams but choose to play for the Ravens and gave the same 3 common factors as reason. Winning culture, Flacco and some other vet spoke so highly of their time with the Ravens. BTW all 4 were offered more money else where but wanted to play for this losing team lol. People who've played or are currently playing the game view the Ravens as winners, but a small group of fans think they aren't. It's a fan forum so i guess the fans have the loudest voice here so i'll give you that. 

Correction: I think the Ravens were the highest offer for Watson. 

3 hours ago, Davesta said:

We whipped the Dolphins pretty good but, yeah, few and far in between.

4 minutes ago, berad said:

We whipped the Dolphins pretty good but, yeah, few and far in between.

I never knew point spread was a determining factor of whether a team were winners or not. I mean it's great to blow teams out but it counts for the same W in the win column. But they do feel better as fans. That Dolphins game was pretty much the most peaceful gameday experiences in my house last season lol. 

1 minute ago, Ravensfan23 said:

I never knew point spread was a determining factor of whether a team were winners or not. I mean it's great to blow teams out but it counts for the same W in the win column. But they do feel better as fans. That Dolphins game was pretty much the most peaceful gameday experiences in my house last season lol. 

Yup, that was as good as they've played since 2014. It was beauty and Flacco played a hell of a game. Our defense made the Dolphins quit, too.

In any case, we're probably on equal footing with other teams as far as the 'winning' goes. What we do have going for us is some good player ambassadors - Weddle, Wallace - that talk to guys around the league.

7 minutes ago, berad said:

Yup, that was as good as they've played since 2014. It was beauty and Flacco played a hell of a game. Our defense made the Dolphins quit, too.

In any case, we're probably on equal footing with other teams as far as the 'winning' goes. What we do have going for us is some good player ambassadors - Weddle, Wallace - that talk to guys around the league.

don't wanna drive too far off topic here but I disagree that we are on par or equal footing to other teams in terms of winning to a certain extent. I think the Ravens are on par with teams like the Steelers, Bengals, Raiders, Chiefs and Broncos in the AFC, but everyone is looking up to the Pats right now. I say the Ravens are on par with these teams because the Ravens are just as likely to win the division as any of those teams and are probably more likely to advance deep into the playoff if they get there than most of them. The Ravens have had some unfortunate occurrences over the past 4 years with injuries, poor play and the Steelers or Pats just making one more play than they did. But as bad as things have been the Ravens haven't fallen down to the Browns, Bills Jets and others level.

Bring it back to Free Agency. If you are a FA and looking for a team. I don't think anyone has to twist your arm to consider a place like Baltimore to play for. There are many reasons to play here and having the chance to win a SB still ranks high imo. Winning isn't just a on field thing. In fact I'd say the on field product is the last area of winning that shows up for a team. To borrow a phrase from business-owner, investor and billionaire Marcus Lemonis it's all about People, Process than Product. The Ravens have great people running this organization and it starts from the top than trickles down to the staff serving the players and fans. Then it's the Process. The Ravens have a great process to keeping this organization successful and it's proven. Finally the Product. Even though the product hasn't been as good of late, because the other 2 are firmly in place, improving the product just takes minor tweaks. Keeping guys healthy, so your depth doesn't have to assume starting roles, drafting better, guys stepping up to play better. The Product is the easiest part to fix in my experience. So because the Ravens still have those first 2 phases in place, they continue to be right there with the other playoff teams trying to knock the Pats down. I think any FA looking at those 3 things will always place the Ravens in the winning column. 

24 minutes ago, Ravensfan23 said:

don't wanna drive too far off topic here but I disagree that we are on par or equal footing to other teams in terms of winning to a certain extent. I think the Ravens are on par with teams like the Steelers, Bengals, Raiders, Chiefs and Broncos in the AFC, but everyone is looking up to the Pats right now. I say the Ravens are on par with these teams because the Ravens are just as likely to win the division as any of those teams and are probably more likely to advance deep into the playoff if they get there than most of them. The Ravens have had some unfortunate occurrences over the past 4 years with injuries, poor play and the Steelers or Pats just making one more play than they did. But as bad as things have been the Ravens haven't fallen down to the Browns, Bills Jets and others level.

Bring it back to Free Agency. If you are a FA and looking for a team. I don't think anyone has to twist your arm to consider a place like Baltimore to play for. There are many reasons to play here and having the chance to win a SB still ranks high imo. Winning isn't just a on field thing. In fact I'd say the on field product is the last area of winning that shows up for a team. To borrow a phrase from business-owner, investor and billionaire Marcus Lemonis it's all about People, Process than Product. The Ravens have great people running this organization and it starts from the top than trickles down to the staff serving the players and fans. Then it's the Process. The Ravens have a great process to keeping this organization successful and it's proven. Finally the Product. Even though the product hasn't been as good of late, because the other 2 are firmly in place, improving the product just takes minor tweaks. Keeping guys healthy, so your depth doesn't have to assume starting roles, drafting better, guys stepping up to play better. The Product is the easiest part to fix in my experience. So because the Ravens still have those first 2 phases in place, they continue to be right there with the other playoff teams trying to knock the Pats down. I think any FA looking at those 3 things will always place the Ravens in the winning column. 

Oh, I agree with that, but when we were in the playoffs every year and capped it with a Super Bowl, we could snatch a guy like Elvis Dumervil, one of the hottest FAs. We still can land great players like Steve Smith, Weddle, and Daryl Smith though.

19 hours ago, PurpleCity5 said:

I don't think he's underachieved, so much has been expected of him but he's played in a dreadful offense. 

Everyone is talking up Pierre Garcon but let's comparing him side by side to Britt, I don't think he's been all that much better. 

Pierre Garcon 

G GS Rec Yds Avg Lng TD Att Yds Avg Lng TD

2016 Washington Redskins 16 16 79 1,041 13.2 70T 3TD

2015 Washington Redskins 16 16 72 777 10.8 39T 6TD

2014 Washington Redskins 16 14 68 752 11.1 70T 3TD 

Kenny Britt 

SeasonTeamReceivingRushingFumbles

G GS RecYds Avg LngTD AttYds AvgLng TD FUM Lost

2016 Los Angeles Rams 15 15 68 1,002 14.7 66 5TDs

2015 St. Louis Rams 1614 36 681 18.9 60T 3TDs

2014 St. Louis Rams 16 13 48 748 15.6 63T 3TDs 

I love ppl proving their points with facts and evidences...good point though....

2 hours ago, Ravensfan23 said:

Most winning teams have good process and we are lucky to be one of them; we are pretty much the only team in AFC to hang around the Pats in the postseason and NFC have the Giants pretty much own the Pats in the post season.  

We have some bad lucks and disappointments in past few years but I feel better when I still see Bisiotti, Ozzie, and Eric still around..... 

8 minutes ago, AsianRice said:

We have some bad lucks and disappointments in past few years but I feel better when I still see Bisiotti, Ozzie, and Eric still around..... 

I would add Harbough as well. No matter what people say he is a great coach. We should keep him as long as the players don't quit and give everything they have.

Most people say 2015 season was a disappointment but for me seeing our backup players beating the Steelers and staying in the game, every game until the end was huge. And that's what I expect from the ravens and our coach, win or lose. 

Edited by TurkishRaven

3 hours ago, Ravensfan23 said:

He's coming from the Rams. They've passed for a total of 5800yds in the last 2 seasons. I don't think Flacco would be a hard sell regardless of what some fans think. Britt has never been to the playoffs in his career, do you really think he'd split hairs between the Ravens being a well run organization or a winning team because they've missed the postseason 3 of the last 4 seasons?

It's funny you guys mentioned that because just last night I was with my mentor and he was telling be about the difference between his time with the Broncos and his time with the Rams. He said with the Broncos no matter the record, the standards among the players were high because they viewed themselves as winners. Even if the record said they weren't winning, guys like Elway, Atwater and Sharpe knew it only took a few tweaks here or there and they were back on the winning track. So it wasn't any walking to drills or sitting on your helmet in practice. So coming in as a 2nd round rookie all he knew was that winning mentality. But with the Rams they weren't known for winning and they didn't have winning habits. So when he was running to each drill in practice and practicing hard each rep, the Rams players called him a suck up(can't use the real language) and eventually his practice habits changed as well because he became a product of his environment. The Ravens still have a standard of winning and Britt or any other FA will see that. I agree anybody would be foolish to walk away from the Ravens especially if they do so beause they haven't been to the playoffs in 2 seasons. 

I chuckle when I see Ravens fans who have experienced nearly 10 years of success consistently, quickly revert to Cleveland Browns fans as soon as the team has a rough few years. Guys like Sr, Wallace, Weddle and Watson had many options to go play for other teams but choose to play for the Ravens and gave the same 3 common factors as reason. Winning culture, Flacco and some other vet spoke so highly of their time with the Ravens. BTW all 4 were offered more money else where but wanted to play for this losing team lol. People who've played or are currently playing the game view the Ravens as winners, but a small group of fans think they aren't. It's a fan forum so i guess the fans have the loudest voice here so i'll give you that. 

Correction: I think the Ravens were the highest offer for Watson. 

You inadvertently diminish the intelligence and information gathering ability of these free agents. At the end of the day it boils down to money. However, if that money could be earned with a reputable organization, that surely counts for something. As for Britt not having been to the playoffs before, I think he realizes that a team that hasn't been to the playoffs 3 of 4 yrs isn't a lock to make the playoffs. He may certainly have better options with teams that have made the playoffs more consistently recently than have the Ravens. We as a fan base need to shake off this feeling of being a great team because we are not. The more we get entrapped into making excuses by citing what we did in prior years only dilutes the pressure on the Ravens to improve at any cost. We (fans) are a force of good in the entire system and can affect positive change. But, supporting everything blindly just because we are the Ravens actually deters from it. I truly believe we are a couple of great playmakers away from winning it all but we aren't going to get there unless we get them. Till then let's not just keep patting ourselves in the back, let's disrupt and improve. 

Edited by ellicottraven

54 minutes ago, ellicottraven said:

You inadvertently diminish the intelligence and information gathering ability of these free agents. At the end of the day it boils down to money. However, if that money could be earned with a reputable organization, that surely counts for something. As for Britt not having been to the playoffs before, I think he realizes that a team that hasn't been to the playoffs 3 of 4 yrs isn't a lock to make the playoffs. He may certainly have better options with teams that have made the playoffs more consistently recently than have the Ravens. We as a fan base need to shake off this feeling of being a great team because we are not. The more we get entrapped into making excuses by citing what we did in prior years only dilutes the pressure on the Ravens to improve at any cost. We (fans) are a force of good in the entire system and can affect positive change. But, supporting everything blindly just because we are the Ravens actually deters from it. I truly believe we are a couple of great playmakers away from winning it all but we aren't going to get there unless we get them. Till then let's not just keep patting ourselves in the back, let's disrupt and improve. 

If it's all about money how do you explain guys coming to the Ravens for less money? I'm not saying the Ravens are end all be all, but if guys like Weddlehttp://larrybrownsports.com/football/eric-weddle-reportedly-took-less-money-to-sign-with-ravens/296518

Steve Smith came here over other places that had way more salary cap then the Ravens and despite being directly involved in one of the worse seasons every by a Ravens team, decide to forgo retirement and return to the team citing that he didn't want to let the Ravens down. I'm not saying the Ravens don't need to improve. I'd hope they go into every FA and draft looking to improve. But if you don't think the Ravens still hold serve as a winning orginization around the NFL because of this rough patch you're kidding yourself.  

To break up this WR talk, here's a link to an interview B-Will did talking about FA. Apparently he's talked to the FO about what he wants. 

He added: "It comes down to me taking care of my family for the long haul. Baltimore knows that. I've talked to [coach John] Harbaugh and Ozzie [Newsome, general manager] and they know the biggest thing is... taking care of my family."[\quote]

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2692985-brandon-williams-talks-2017-nfl-free-agency-possible-return-to-ravens-and-more.amp.html?client=safari

On 2/18/2017 at 3:35 AM, JO_75 said:

To break up this WR talk, here's a link to an interview B-Will did talking about FA. Apparently he's talked to the FO about what he wants. 

I don't think that means he will leave if the difference between us and another team is short of a million. I think he just wants enough to secure a future for himself and his family, what he said might sound like he'll go to the highest bidder but I don't think that's completely the case. As long as the Ravens pursue and continue to show interest, and pay him like a top 5 NT, then I think he'll return. Unless the difference between us and another team is beyond a million. 

Right now I would be happy if we let Williams walk and would be okay if Wagner walked, but would be disappointed if Juice walks. But, will be devastated if we don't find a way to resign Lawrence Guy. He is the most critical guy we absolutely need to re-sign. He delivers the most bang for his contract buck hopefully.

I don't understand why Kamar Aiken is somewhat unappreciated . The guy had 900 receiving yards  and 5 touchdowns in 2015 and caught 60 percent of his passes. He can play outside as well as inside and has shown to be dependable in the past. He had a down year last year and I'm not surprised by that after seeing him being pushed to play on special teams and not getting the chances on offense like he would have expected after his 2015 season..I have seen Ravens fans talk about Pierre Garcon and Robert Woods but I think Kamar Aiken is a similar player as them  and may even be cheaper..

2 minutes ago, jazz1988 said:

I don't understand why Kamar Aiken is somewhat unappreciated . The guy had 900 receiving yards  and 5 touchdowns in 2015 and caught 60 percent of his passes. He can play outside as well as inside and has shown to be dependable in the past. He had a down year last year and I'm not surprised by that after seeing him being pushed to play on special teams and not getting the chances on offense like he would have expected after his 2015 season..I have seen Ravens fans talk about Pierre Garcon and Robert Woods but I think Kamar Aiken is a similar player as them  and may even be cheaper..

I think it's forgone that Kamar would like to go elsewhere.  He was clearly not happy with his lack of playing time and targets last year.  He pretty much said as much at the end of the season.

1 hour ago, jazz1988 said:

For the record, I really like Aiken and think the guy is underrated, but going back to the film this season, I noticed, he sometimes couldn't separate even on one-on-one coverage and even had trouble beating LBs on slant patterns from the slot. That seemed to follow him this year and even last year he had trouble with that. Steve Smith Sr. and Mike Wallace coming in surely didn't help that problem. I don't think Joe looked away from Aiken intentionally, when a guy isn't getting open or making plays then it's tough to look his way in critical moments.