Moderator 2

Next Up: Ravens Free Agents--Who goes? Who stays?

2,719 posts in this topic

I wonder if Wagner gets a contract similar to Mitchell Schwartz 5 years , $33 million ,with $15 million guaranteed 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rmw10 said:

I figured his headstone might be a long term option at OL for us.

Wouldn't be any worse than Zuttah. :P 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wagner for the love of God better be priority #1. We finally have both edges sealed off and we cannot afford to add another problem to the problem heading towards the 17' season. 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wagner needs to be top priority. Keep this like together or upgrade. Don't take a risk of playing the unproven Alex Lewis even though I really like him as a RT. 

Continuity up front would be a really nice change of pace for this team.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wallace needs an extension for sure he earned it. Would like to keep Wagner but I see him walking and lewis taking over RT. B.will walks. Aiken I wouldn't mind keeping but I believe he walks also for a better opportunity but with smith retiring he may stay. We know he won't be expensive. Also I know Pitta's not a FA but no way he's cut. He's still very productive and a chain mover. This was his first year back after missing a couple seasons and did great. I'm excited for his future

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BmoreRavens732 said:

Wallace needs an extension for sure he earned it. Would like to keep Wagner but I see him walking and lewis taking over RT. B.will walks. Aiken I wouldn't mind keeping but I believe he walks also for a better opportunity but with smith retiring he may stay. We know he won't be expensive. Also I know Pitta's not a FA but no way he's cut. He's still very productive and a chain mover. This was his first year back after missing a couple seasons and did great. I'm excited for his future

I think your definition of great and everyone else's is drastically different 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Williams and Wagner leave, Wallace too expensive to bring back on his current contract, Dumervil gets cut, Wright gets cut, Webb restructure again or cut. 

-2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, usmccharles said:

I think your definition of great and everyone else's is drastically different 

If pitta had a few more touchdowns this season at least 5 or 6 total your definition would be the same lol

Edited by BmoreRavens732
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BmoreRavens732 said:

If pitta had a few more touchdowns this season at least 5 or 6 total your definition would be the same lol

Glad you can tell me my perception of words. I was not a fan of pitta coming back even at his new price,  he was good in his time but he isn't worth the money.  Touchdowns aren't a good way to judge a player,  it's dependent on the situation.   He did have decent production but at his cost,  no thanks.  And I'm sure alot other players would look great ton paper with 5tds.... Doesn't work that way... Id rather have our young guys get a shot than have a guy that's 30ish off of two bad injuries getting paid what he is.  

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BmoreRavens732 said:

If pitta had a few more touchdowns this season at least 5 or 6 total your definition would be the same lol

The tough part with Pitta is that so many of his catches came via the check down variety, and so many went for such little gain. I want to like Pitta based on the numbers, but the reality is that he's a shell of his former self. The YAC numbers are awful, although he did have a good game in that regard today. 

One of the things that doesn't show up on the stat book though is Joe's reliance on him, which is a blessing and a curse. It's nice that he has a go to option when the going gets tough, but at the same time, he doesn't let anything else develop because he's always looking for Pitta. Joe was very unwilling to throw the deep ball and progressed/skipped through his reads so quickly because he knew more often than not, Pitta was going to be sitting in a pocket 5 yards downfield. Teams let it happen because it wasn't much of a threat to do anything. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why didn't Lewis get the start at RT ?i know he played in packages with an extra lineman of.would have been a great chance to evaluate him there. 

Edited by redlobster
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like they were trying to ease in him or something. Almost as if they thought there were more games to be played after this... But since there isn't I don't know why they didn't just keep him out. 

I can't think of anything. Coaches.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, usmccharles said:

Glad you can tell me my perception of words. I was not a fan of pitta coming back even at his new price,  he was good in his time but he isn't worth the money.  Touchdowns aren't a good way to judge a player,  it's dependent on the situation.   He did have decent production but at his cost,  no thanks.  And I'm sure alot other players would look great ton paper with 5tds.... Doesn't work that way... Id rather have our young guys get a shot than have a guy that's 30ish off of two bad injuries getting paid what he is.  

I see tight end almost like I see our running backs the past few seasons. A revolving door!! Since rice was let go how many backs have we drafted signed or had in our backfield altogether? Same with TE. That's only because pitta went down for a couple seasons. Pitta might be early on the wrong side of 30 but he came back from a career threatening injury TWICE to be our leading receiver flaccos go to guy and a chain mover. Pitta has never been one to stretch the field he dont have that speed and never has! But he's a reliable chain mover who flacco trust probably more then anybody on the field! You dont like his price? Hell me neither but I like what he's done his first season back! I love Darren waller and nick Boyle to. Both have a ton of potential but neither has done anything to take Pitta's job and if pitta is cut were probably right back to a revolving door in TE again with maxx, waller, Gilmore and Boyle and whatever old a** vet we bring in after Pitta's cut. Like I said I think pitta stays and to me he's earned it

Edited by BmoreRavens732
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rmw10 said:

The tough part with Pitta is that so many of his catches came via the check down variety, and so many went for such little gain. I want to like Pitta based on the numbers, but the reality is that he's a shell of his former self. The YAC numbers are awful, although he did have a good game in that regard today. 

One of the things that doesn't show up on the stat book though is Joe's reliance on him, which is a blessing and a curse. It's nice that he has a go to option when the going gets tough, but at the same time, he doesn't let anything else develop because he's always looking for Pitta. Joe was very unwilling to throw the deep ball and progressed/skipped through his reads so quickly because he knew more often than not, Pitta was going to be sitting in a pocket 5 yards downfield. Teams let it happen because it wasn't much of a threat to do anything. 

I get what your saying about check downs but our whole offense has been check down city. We've seen our offense all season send our 2 possession receivers Aiken and smith deep and have Wallace and perriman run slants and crossing routes! Flacco goes to pitta so much cuz he has a proven track record especially with each other. Look at our offense today for example. Nobody was getting separation even Chris Simms of all people was pointing that out all game. Dont matter if pitta was deep or not he was the only one doing anything all game.

-2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Draft a OLB in the first round to pair with Bronson Kaufusi who will replace suggs and dumervil...  Second round we Should draft a CB who is 6`3 to pair with jimmy smith...how bout kevin king CB  out of Washington?  3rd round draft a speedy RB that can take it the distance on checkdowns like a sproles type HB like donnel pumphrey out of San Diego state

-3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BmoreRavens732 said:

Btw today's black Monday! Wonder what breaking news out of Baltimore we wake up to? 

None.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should cut Juice - (special teams player)- not really a hole opener at fullback. we lack playmakers.

 

 

 

-9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BmoreRavens732 said:

I get what your saying about check downs but our whole offense has been check down city. We've seen our offense all season send our 2 possession receivers Aiken and smith deep and have Wallace and perriman run slants and crossing routes! Flacco goes to pitta so much cuz he has a proven track record especially with each other. Look at our offense today for example. Nobody was getting separation even Chris Simms of all people was pointing that out all game. Dont matter if pitta was deep or not he was the only one doing anything all game.

For having 86 catches, Pitta's 8.5 YPC average is by far the lowest of anyone in the upper realm of the reception numbers.  When you see that number of catches with 729 yards, it looks good on first glance.  When you really delve into it though, it's a very inefficient season for him.  It shows that he couldn't get open down the seam and couldn't get separation on anything other than those short routes where he sits in the pocket, which a team will be willing to give up all day depending on the situation.  For a guy that has 0 interest in blocking, that's a death sentence.  It's great that he can sit there for a check down, but so many other TEs can probably give you the same exact production if you used them in the same way.

Edited by rmw10
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, rmw10 said:

The tough part with Pitta is that so many of his catches came via the check down variety, and so many went for such little gain. I want to like Pitta based on the numbers, but the reality is that he's a shell of his former self. The YAC numbers are awful, although he did have a good game in that regard today. 

One of the things that doesn't show up on the stat book though is Joe's reliance on him, which is a blessing and a curse. It's nice that he has a go to option when the going gets tough, but at the same time, he doesn't let anything else develop because he's always looking for Pitta. Joe was very unwilling to throw the deep ball and progressed/skipped through his reads so quickly because he knew more often than not, Pitta was going to be sitting in a pocket 5 yards downfield. Teams let it happen because it wasn't much of a threat to do anything. 

Yesterday looked like Flacco and Pitta had a deal to share Pitta's salary next year if he stays on the team with how much we forced him the ball. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rmw10 said:

For having 86 catches, Pitta's 8.5 YPC average is by far the lowest of anyone in the upper realm of the reception numbers.  When you see that number of catches with 799 yards, it looks good on first glance.  When you really delve into it though, it's a very inefficient season for him.  It shows that he couldn't get open down the seam and couldn't get separation on anything other than those short routes where he sits in the pocket, which a team will be willing to give up all day depending on the situation.  For a guy that has 0 interest in blocking, that's a death sentence.  It's great that he can sit there for a check down, but so many other TEs can probably give you the same exact production if you used them in the same way.

Can we sell another team on Pitta's numbers as justification to trade us a 5th round pick for him? Hopefully they don't watch the film and just go off numbers because we could probably get a 3rd in that case

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On free agency we resign all our ERFA's and RFA's. Its like 12 players. Might as well bring them back.

On our own FAs Id like to see Juice,Wagner,Guy,Elam and Levine resigned back mainly cuz of diversity and SpTeam acumen and solidarity on the OLine and Id like B Will and Aiken but I believe they'll price themselves out and I believe both would bring comp picks.

On cuts according to OverTheCap we already have 5.4 mil dead money mainly cuz of Monroe and Forsett. Doom (2.375 mil dead and 6 mil saved), Wright (2.67 mil dead and 2.67 mil saved), Watson ( 1 mil dead and 3 mil saved), Arrington (666,668 dead and 2.1 mil saved) and Lewis (466,668 dead and 1.8 mil saved) which would give us at the end 12,575,000 mil dead which is rough but nessassary imo but we'd also save 15,566,666 mil which opens up a lot of doors for us.

On paycuts it would be awful tough to ask anybody but I would approach Webb and Pitta to possibly drop some of their 5.5 mil base or Yanda at his 6 mil base. Joe if anybody is curious has a 6 mil base while Jimmy is making 8.5 which is by far the highest. NO DEFERRALS. Tired of passing the buck

Sidenote on Zuttah is right now we have nobody to replace him so I'd keep him for now. 

Edited by Willbacker
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From a OL standpoint. I have a feeling that Lewis gets moved to RG and Yanda stays at LG. Ducasse gets retained cheap as a back up. Wagner becomes the priority and gets resigned. Zuttah gets cut and we use our 2nd  for a starting C, honestly I think Zuttah retires, you can tell his heart just isn't in it anymore. 

Wallace really depends on IF they keep Marty, or go a different direction. But I'm 100% certain he doesn't play under a 8m cap hit next year. He'll be restructured and extended or cut and resigned. Depending on WHO they go after. But the problem is we're not in a position to get, say a Garçon cheap for a chance at a ring. Or a Alshon. Anyone who comes here will want to be paid, albeit maybe they'll except less than someone like Cleve would spend, But if a team like the Packers or someone is also calling they'll answer that phone first. 

Defensively.  I don't think anything really matters if they don't get rid of Pees.

But let's just invision they do. BWill is gone, I think his price tag took a huge hit, and honestly I still don't want him. Doom is gone, notice how our severe drop in run D coinicided with his "return". I have a feeling he'll be cut and come back under a very cheap deal to prove he's not done just so he can leach onto another playoff ready team. Wright is gone, along with Powers. My guess is Arrington stays, because without injury he's one of the better slot CBS in he league(with a competent DC). Speaking of corners no ones talking about Jimmy, again. He'll be restructured. He hasn't lived up to his contract because he can't stay on the field. 

The best part of all this. We can truly stick to BPA in the draft and still fill a need. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, rmw10 said:

The tough part with Pitta is that so many of his catches came via the check down variety, and so many went for such little gain. I want to like Pitta based on the numbers, but the reality is that he's a shell of his former self. The YAC numbers are awful, although he did have a good game in that regard today. 

One of the things that doesn't show up on the stat book though is Joe's reliance on him, which is a blessing and a curse. It's nice that he has a go to option when the going gets tough, but at the same time, he doesn't let anything else develop because he's always looking for Pitta. Joe was very unwilling to throw the deep ball and progressed/skipped through his reads so quickly because he knew more often than not, Pitta was going to be sitting in a pocket 5 yards downfield. Teams let it happen because it wasn't much of a threat to do anything. 

I can imagine the Ravens cutting Pitta in order to force Joe to become more aggressive in his reads, you're right, sometimes he relies too much on Pitta. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GrimCoconut said:

Yesterday looked like Flacco and Pitta had a deal to share Pitta's salary next year if he stays on the team with how much we forced him the ball. 

It pissed me off, why on Earth why was he getting so much targets in Steve Smith Sr.'s final game? You want people to rally behind Steve? Get him the ball and let him make plays and bring some fire out on this team.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rmw10 said:

For having 86 catches, Pitta's 8.5 YPC average is by far the lowest of anyone in the upper realm of the reception numbers.  When you see that number of catches with 729 yards, it looks good on first glance.  When you really delve into it though, it's a very inefficient season for him.  It shows that he couldn't get open down the seam and couldn't get separation on anything other than those short routes where he sits in the pocket, which a team will be willing to give up all day depending on the situation.  For a guy that has 0 interest in blocking, that's a death sentence.  It's great that he can sit there for a check down, but so many other TEs can probably give you the same exact production if you used them in the same way.

Gonna have to agree to disagree then man. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BmoreRavens732 said:

Gonna have to agree to disagree then man. 

To put it into perspective - Pitta was 14th in the league in total receptions.  Pitta was also 131st in the league in YPR.  The only TE worse was Will Tye.  Everyone else underneath of him, from 133 to 154, is a RB.  That's incredibly bad.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

To put it into perspective - Pitta was 14th in the league in total receptions.  Pitta was also 131st in the league in YPR.  The only TE worse was Will Tye.  Everyone else underneath of him, from 133 to 154, is a RB.  That's incredibly bad.

Dude our WHOLE offense was nothing but check downs from TE to WR to RB. We rarely ever took any deep shots and when we did it was to smith and Aiken! Wallace and perriman ran crossing routes and slants which is good they can do more then just run deep but at some point they need to be used to there strengths. I don't care what the stats say I still stand by pitta regardless. I do wish he would restructure tho.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now