• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
Moderator 2

Next Up: Ravens Free Agents--Who goes? Who stays?

2,540 posts in this topic

Only real prediction I can think of that doesn't already seem incredibly obvious is that they lowball Wagner because of Lewis.

Smith retiring, Dumervil cut, Williams being overpaid elsewhere, Zuttah being replaced, and even possible Wallace and Webb being cut due to money all seem obvious at this point

Who goes? Brandon Williams, Doom, Pitta and Aiken.

Who stays? Ricky Wagner, Vlad(if he's a FA), and Wallace.

These last few games made it a no brainer regarding Wagner and Williams. Wagner is simply both more needed and a superior player.

I think pees is gone we know Marty is this next season I really am starting to think next year is make or break for harbaugh after that performance but I don't really believe players were giving up just most don't know what it's like to play for nothing and it probably deflated them 

26 minutes ago, Purple_City39 said:

Only real prediction I can think of that doesn't already seem incredibly obvious is that they lowball Wagner because of Lewis.

Smith retiring, Dumervil cut, Williams being overpaid elsewhere, Zuttah being replaced, and even possible Wallace and Webb being cut due to money all seem obvious at this point

wallace isn't going anywhere man. 

10 minutes ago, Ravens419 said:

I think pees is gone we know Marty is this next season I really am starting to think next year is make or break for harbaugh after that performance but I don't really believe players were giving up just most don't know what it's like to play for nothing and it probably deflated them 

I dont think Harbaugh is on the hot seat just yet. I like him and all and as our superbowl winning coach he's gonna get a pass most of the time but if next season doesn't go well, that seat is gonna start to sizzle.

1 minute ago, reed20 said:

I dont think Harbaugh is on the hot seat just yet. I like him and all and as our superbowl winning coach he's gonna get a pass most of the time but if next season doesn't go well, that seat is gonna start to sizzle.

I agree he will be here but I think we see all new coaches which really I'm excited for we shall see it'll be interesting.... when do you guys think we will start seeing moves sooner or later? 

Looks like we're picking #16! We have a chance to move up and get Derek Barnett!

Edited by Cillmatic

22 minutes ago, Cillmatic said:

These last few games made it a no brainer regarding Wagner and Williams. Wagner is simply both more needed and a superior player.

100 % agree. Save the money and add an impact Wr/CB/pass rusher. 

I'm starting to think if the team keeps going on this path, Decosta leaves before he's held responsible for their deficiencies. 

Unrestricted FAs:

1.  Kamar Aiken - I think Kamar will end up heading elsewhere in search of more opportunity.  Last year was definitely inflated by being the only option, but he's still better than the opportunity we gave him this year.  GONE

2.  Vladimir Ducasse - He should be cheap and is a decent depth option at G.  I would be interested in him returning for another year.  There likely won't be guaranteed money associated so we can cut him if he's not needed.  STAY

3.  Matt Elam - For some reason, I think the team still likes him and wants to see what he can do.  Much like Ducasse, there shouldn't be any guaranteed money associated.  I'd be open to a 1 year prove it deal.  STAY

4.  Lawrence Guy - He's one of the more under appreciated guys on the team.  He does well against the run and as a pass rusher.  I'd be highly interested in a 2-3 year deal for him.  STAY

5.  Kyle Juszczyk - I don't see the team letting him go.  I wasn't sure how he was going to be used before the season, but after seeing the results, I think he'l; get a decent deal from us.  STAY

6.  Anthony Levine - There's huge talk about how much we like Levine, but it never really shows on the field.  With that being said, he's one of the leaders on the ST unit and he should be cheap once again.  STAY

7.  Chris Lewis-Harris - He's a CB with a pulse who is a solid STer.  Maybe he stays and maybe he doesn't, but I'll lump him in with most guys I've already discussed.  He's cheap.  STAY

8.  Ryan Mallett - It's time to start looking for a younger QB who can start to push Flacco.  I think Mallett was a solid backup, but I expect him to seek out a better opportunity to play.  GONE

9.  Jerraud Powers - I don't think he's played near as poorly as many make it out to be, but I fully expect the team to look for a younger option to take his place. Maybe we revisit after the draft.  GONE

10.  Rick Wagner - I think he should be the priority.  He had a strong end to his season, and I think he's shown that last year was more about the recovery from Lisfranc than a true regression.  STAY

11. Brandon Williams - I love Brandon, but I think we'd be better off using what cap space we do have on another position.  He should break the bank somewhere, and I don't think it will be here.  GONE

Restricted FAs:

1.  Michael Campanaro - I think we'll explore non-tendering him and offering him a decent 2 year deal much like we've done with many of our RFAs in the past.  He should stay regardless.  STAY

2.  Marqueston Huff - Much like Campanaro, he should be non-tendered and receive a cheap deal to stay.  He's been a solid STer for us in his time here, and provides some depth at S.  STAY

3.  James Hurst - I think the team will prioritize upgrading the backup T position.  I think Hurst could stay on a cheap deal, but will ultimately end up being cut at some point.  GONE

4.  Ryan Jensen - I really don't know what to think here.  It was once said that the team was high on him, but judging on his playing time, that opinion must have changed.  I'd go for a non-tender and eventual re-signing, but maybe the low tender.  STAY

5.  Zach Orr - No question here.  Place the round 2 tender on him and explore some sort of extension for him.  He has some issues in coverage, but was an above average LBer for us all year.  STAY

6.  Chris Matthews - Here's a guy that could go either way.  He almost surely won't get tendered, but could be brought back for some competition at WR in camp.  I'll go with stay, but could go either way.  STAY

7.  Jumal Rolle - Ditto what I said about Matthews, but he's a CB with a pulse instead of a WR.  He could be one that is brought back for the time being but cut early in minicamps.  STAY

8.  Terrance West - I think you're probably safe giving him the low tender, but maybe they go for a 2nd.  Regardless, he should be back in his time share with Dixon to start the season again.  STAY

Cuts:

1. Kyle Arrington - This one is obvious.  He had a pretty gnarly concussion, but otherwise, the only reason he stuck on IR all year was that it cost more to cut him than keep him.  The cut comes now.

2. Elvis Dumervil - It's time to get younger at the OLB position.  It's nice to know an injury may have been holding him back, but at his salary, we can't afford to take that chance.

3. Kendrick Lewis - He hardly got on the field on defense this year with Webb and Elam playing so well, and eventually found himself on IR.  I think Huff is a similar player.

4. Dennis Pitta - Pitta has a great comeback story.  The stats look great, but as you've seen today, most of that work has come as the check down option.  It should be time to get younger at the position and rely on some of the young guys to step up.

5. Ben Watson - I thought Watson was a good signing for 1 year, but the Achilles happened, and now, he probably never plays a down for the Ravens.  He saves $3M and I can't see us paying that.

6. Shareece Wright - I expect us to essentially redo the CB position outside of Smith, Young, and some of the bottom of the roster players.  Much like Powers, I think he's better than many believe, but the salary is the kicker here.

Extensions:

1. Mike Wallace - Wallace is the only legit WR we have on the team at this moment outside of Perriman who is still a work in progress.  He'll either stay at his current deal or get a small extension to spread the cap out.

2. Lardarius Webb - He was a solid contributor next to Weddle this year and has been known to help the team out with the cap in the past.  I expect him to also get a short extension to spread the cap out.

As you can see, there's a lot of work to be done this season.  The good thing is that a lot of our FAs are on the lower end, so it shouldn't be too difficult to retain them.  As far as UFAs, I'd think Wagner, Juice, and Guy are the only ones that will get multi-year deals for significantly more than the minimum.

Edited by rmw10

9 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

Unrestricted FAs:

1.  Kamar Aiken - I think Kamar will end up heading elsewhere in search of more opportunity.  Last year was definitely inflated by being the only option, but he's still better than the opportunity we gave him this year.  GONE

2.  Vladimir Ducasse - He should be cheap and is a decent depth option at G.  I would be interested in him returning for another year.  There likely won't be guaranteed money associated so we can cut him if he's not needed.  STAY

3.  Matt Elam - For some reason, I think the team still likes him and wants to see what he can do.  Much like Ducasse, there shouldn't be any guaranteed money associated.  I'd be open to a 1 year prove it deal.  STAY

4.  Lawrence Guy - He's one of the more under appreciated guys on the team.  He does well against the run and as a pass rusher.  I'd be highly interested in a 203 year deal for him.  STAY

5.  Kyle Juszczyk - I don't see the team letting him go.  I wasn't sure how he was going to be used before the season, but after seeing the results, I think he'l; get a decent deal from us.  STAY

6.  Anthony Levine - There's huge talk about how much we like Levine, but it never really shows on the field.  With that being said, he's one of the leaders on the ST unit and he should be cheap once again.  STAY

7.  Chris Lewis-Harris - He's a CB with a pulse who is a solid STer.  Maybe he stays and maybe he doesn't, but I'll lump him in with most guys I've already discussed.  He's cheap.  STAY

8.  Ryan Mallett - It's time to start looking for a younger QB who can start to push Flacco.  I think Mallett was a solid backup, but I expect him to seek out a better opportunity to play.  GONE

9.  Jerraud Powers - I don't think he's played near as poorly as many make it out to be, but I fully expect the team to look for a younger option to take his place. Maybe we revisit after the draft.  GONE

10.  Rick Wagner - I think he should be the priority.  He had a strong end to his season, and I think he's shown that last year was more about the recovery from Lisfranc than a true regression.  STAY

11. Brandon Williams - I love Brandon, but I think we'd be better off using what cap space we do have on another position.  He should break the bank somewhere, and I don't think it will be here.  GONE

Restricted FAs:

1.  Michael Campanaro - I think we'll explore non-tendering him and offering him a decent 2 year deal much like we've done with many of our RFAs in the past.  He should stay regardless.  STAY

2.  Marqueston Huff - Much like Campanaro, he should be non-tendered and receive a cheap deal to stay.  He's been a solid STer for us in his time here, and provides some depth at S.  STAY

3.  James Hurst - I think the team will prioritize upgrading the backup T position.  I think Hurst could stay on a cheap deal, but will ultimately end up being cut at some point.  GONE

4.  Ryan Jensen - I really don't know what to think here.  It was once said that the team was high on him, but judging on his playing time, that opinion must have changed.  I'd go for a non-tender and eventual re-signing, but maybe the low tender.  STAY

5.  Zach Orr - No question here.  Place the round 2 tender on him and explore some sort of extension for him.  He has some issues in coverage, but was an above average LBer for us all year.  STAY

6.  Chris Matthews - Here's a guy that could go either way.  He almost surely won't get tendered, but could be brought back for some competition at WR in camp.  I'll go with stay, but could go either way.  STAY

7.  Jumal Rolle - Ditto what I said about Matthews, but he's a CB with a pulse instead of a WR.  He could be one that is brought back for the time being but cut early in minicamps.  STAY

8.  Terrance West - I think you're probably safe giving him the low tender, but maybe they go for a 2nd.  Regardless, he should be back in his time share with Dixon to start the season again.  STAY

Cuts:

1. Kyle Arrington - This one is obvious.  He had a pretty gnarly concussion, but otherwise, the only reason he stuck on IR all year was that it cost more to cut him than keep him.  The cut comes now.

2. Elvis Dumervil - It's time to get younger at the OLB position.  It's nice to know an injury may have been holding him back, but at his salary, we can't afford to take that chance.

3. Kendrick Lewis - He hardly got on the field on defense this year with Webb and Elam playing so well, and eventually found himself on IR.  I think Huff is a similar player.

4. Dennis Pitta - Pitta has a great comeback story.  The stats look great, but as you've seen today, most of that work has come as the check down option.  It should be time to get younger at the position and rely on some of the young guys to step up.

5. Ben Watson - I thought Watson was a good signing for 1 year, but the Achilles happened, and now, he probably never plays a down for the Ravens.  He saves $3M and I can't see us paying that.

6. Shareece Wright - I expect us to essentially redo the CB position outside of Smith, Young, and some of the bottom of the roster players.  Much like Powers, I think he's better than many believe, but the salary is the kicker here.

Extensions:

1. Mike Wallace - Wallace is the only legit WR we have on the team at this moment outside of Perriman who is still a work in progress.  He'll either stay at his current deal or get a small extension to spread the cap out.

2. Lardarius Webb - He was a solid contributor next to Weddle this year and has been known to help the team out with the cap in the past.  I expect him to also get a short extension to spread the cap out.

As you can see, there's a lot of work to be done this season.  The good thing is that a lot of our FAs are on the lower end, so it shouldn't be too difficult to retain them.  As far as UFAs, I'd think Wagner, Juice, and Guy are the only ones that will get multi-year deals for significantly more than the minimum.

No way should Elam stay

I agree, Elam should go.

love to see them keep Williams, and Pitta is Flacco 's guy. He will stay.

always a money thing.

24 minutes ago, reed20 said:

No way should Elam stay

1 minute ago, mdrsharon said:

I agree, Elam should go.

love to see them keep Williams, and Pitta is Flacco 's guy. He will stay.

always a money thing.

What you want and what you think should happen are always 2 different things though.  The team still seemingly likes Elam.  He shouldn't be expensive, and for that reason, I think he'll be back.  Now, whether he makes the 53 next year is a whole different question.  I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him on the 90 though.

@rmw10

Okay, so comments here on your list:

I'm not so sure about Ducasse but I don't think he belongs here.  I get your rationale, but I think he made it because of the injuries to Yanda.  I fully expect Ducasse to be gone. I do not see him returning.  On Hurst, I think he is likely gone but I wouldn't rule out him sticking around.  OL depth isn't good league-wide, so unless something changes, I think he'll last at least on the 90.  As for West, I think it's more likely they go with the original round tender, which would be a 3rd round pick.  

I'm too lazy to look myself, but what's our cap look like with those projected moves?  

1 minute ago, GrimCoconut said:

@rmw10

Okay, so comments here on your list:

I'm not so sure about Ducasse but I don't think he belongs here.  I get your rationale, but I think he made it because of the injuries to Yanda.  I fully expect Ducasse to be gone. I do not see him returning.  On Hurst, I think he is likely gone but I wouldn't rule out him sticking around.  OL depth isn't good league-wide, so unless something changes, I think he'll last at least on the 90.  As for West, I think it's more likely they go with the original round tender, which would be a 3rd round pick.  

I'm too lazy to look myself, but what's our cap look like with those projected moves?  

I think that's fair.  I think Ducasse could just as well be gone as it is that Hurst could stay.  I wanted to approach this one with no 50/50s though, so I had to pick one way or the other.

To focus mainly on Ducasse, I really only picked him to stay because I don't think they really believe in Urschel as a G.  Depending on what they feel on Jensen (and I honestly have no clue), we'd have virtually 0 depth there.  With Ducasse starting the latter half of the season and with a need for depth, I think he could stay.  I wouldn't expect him to get much more than the minimum if he even gets that, so it's a low risk signing.  If you find somebody better, you can cut him.  If not, you have him on a cheap deal.

As far as the cap, I really have no idea.  Wagner is obviously the big contract and I don't even expect that to be that big.

56 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

Unrestricted FAs:

4.  Lawrence Guy - He's one of the more under appreciated guys on the team.  He does well against the run and as a pass rusher.  I'd be highly interested in a 203 year deal for him.  STAY

Restricted FAs:

Cuts:

Extensions:

Thanks for giving an actual breakdown.  I was unsure who was under contract and who was not. 

I agree with most, for one of two reasons, 1) It has good reasoning 2) I have no clue but it sounds good to me.

I disagree with the following.  Chris Matthews. He has been just too MEH.
Matt Elam I think he will get a low ball offer from the Ravens, but he will go elsewhere for more money but not much more.
I think Aiken stays though, although you are likely right, I think Ozzie will put forth some effort to keep him.  I am not sure what the market will put on him.  Either way, no surprise if he is not a Raven nest year, no surprise if he is.
Lastly I think Pitta stays.  He and Joe are clearly in love, and it works well.  No need to upset that love boat.  

I'd be surprised if Elam is back. I think Pitta stays if we can restructure his contract to a more decent number. 

With the #15 pick, we need a playmaker/cover corner in the secondary. We tried to get Ramsey this year and given how ''meh'' our offence was this year, I think that was the difference between making the playoffs and not. I like Stanley though.

1 hour ago, rmw10 said:

This business is so cutthroat we're going for his grandchildren

4 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

This business is so cutthroat we're going for his grandchildren

I figured his headstone might be a long term option at OL for us.

1 hour ago, rmw10 said:

What you want and what you think should happen are always 2 different things though.  The team still seemingly likes Elam.  He shouldn't be expensive, and for that reason, I think he'll be back.  Now, whether he makes the 53 next year is a whole different question.  I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him on the 90 though.

Honestly l think it's a waste a time for Elam because he not gonna be close making the 53 man roster unless he wants to be in shape for his well being then get cut LOL. 

Coach harby and flacco gotta go...............Find a way to bring back Ray Lewis into this organization.................

12 minutes ago, Bohica5 said:

Coach harby and flacco gotta go...............Find a way to bring back Ray Lewis into this organization.................

Probably not, no chance in the world that happens, and that benefits us not at all.

stays: guy, juice, wagner, ducasse, aiken, 

gone; marty, pees, powers, elam, wright, 

heneslty wagner should be our priority this offseason, williams has priced himself out bmore, GUY is underrated, elam is gone and powers they suck bad, with their missed tackles, mccoy is available for OC now the chargers fired him, bradly is available for DC or promote within frazier.

the only thing  i will miss about this season is SSS, it will hard to replace his production and spark that he gives this offense. Garcon hopefully will be scooped up by the ravens to help with that.

our focus should be OL depth> passrush> CB.  our OL depth is horrible, and we might lose wagner, pass rush dead, and CB is worst than the OL depth.

58 minutes ago, rmcjacket23 said:

Probably not, no chance in the world that happens, and that benefits us not at all.

No i agree they both need to go, their fates are linked. They came in together they should go together.

Hard thing about pass rushers is that they are as hard to find as QB's, in free agency. The only real way to get them is via draft.