RaineV1

Mock Drafts from the Media

1,097 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, Underdogsontop! said:

Fournette wouldn't even make it past 16 because our FO would take him. Unless he has a video leak with a mask on.:P

Whoever neg this comment wouldn't want fournette at 16??

Reuben Fosters rotator cuff is not fully healed after going through combine re check ups. He could require additional surgery. Kinda like what happened to shaq lawson last year

37 minutes ago, Underdogsontop! said:

Whoever neg this comment wouldn't want fournette at 16??

I would absolutely hate him or any other running back at 16 this year

20 minutes ago, allblackraven said:

I would be happy if fournette became a Raven! But no other RB at 16. 

39 minutes ago, allblackraven said:

I'm not saying I would hate Fournette at #16, but I would be slightly disappointed over drafting a RB. I think Fournette is slightly overrated as a top-5 pick; something in the 8-16 range seems more appropriate to me. To put it another way, I'd be more excited if we drafted a less highly ranked player like Howard or Barnett. 

I'd be happy with fournette at 16... ecstatic as a matter of fact, under one condition. We make a very honest effort to stack the offense around him and joe and don't run him into the ground before it's time to make a serious run at a ring.

stop insisting that Alex Lewis is set in stone at LG and get a dominant man blocker, stop searching for zone blockers and stop trying to force the inside zone which is an extremely difficult scheme to execute. Start utilizing pull blocks and pre snap motions with our TEs and H-backs(something cam Cameron actually did well and created a lot of production in the power run game). 

If we got fournette at 16, first off, it's a total steal, but this team is not built right now to make a hefty investment in a workhorse RB, use a multi back system and don't force touches and destroy our prized back early in his career, once we beef up the front some more and maybe get a legit receiving threat, then we can start pounding the rock 25 times a game with fournette and another 10 times with Dixon. 

13 minutes ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

I'd be happy with fournette at 16... ecstatic as a matter of fact, under one condition. We make a very honest effort to stack the offense around him and joe and don't run him into the ground before it's time to make a serious run at a ring.

stop insisting that Alex Lewis is set in stone at LG and get a dominant man blocker, stop searching for zone blockers and stop trying to force the inside zone which is an extremely difficult scheme to execute. Start utilizing pull blocks and pre snap motions with our TEs and H-backs(something cam Cameron actually did well and created a lot of production in the power run game). 

If we got fournette at 16, first off, it's a total steal, but this team is not built right now to make a hefty investment in a workhorse RB, use a multi back system and don't force touches and destroy our prized back early in his career, once we beef up the front some more and maybe get a legit receiving threat, then we can start pounding the rock 25 times a game with fournette and another 10 times with Dixon. 

With Greg Roman I think you'll get those pulling gaurds. I just didn't like some of Romans passing plays. We have to beef up our o line some how or some way no matter who's at RB. Imagine the possibilities with fournette behind a strong o line. IMO he has big potential of being a home run hitter. To be honest Id hate to face him twice a year too. 

Edited by Underdogsontop!

I'd be happy with a Fournette pick, even though I'm pretty much against taking RBs in the first round and I'm not the biggest fan of Fournette around, but having a smash mouth defense and a smash mouth offense that just burns time is a recipe for having a great defense all season long. The defense won't be stuck on the field with limited rest if our offense is burning at minimum a few minutes per drive, they'll stay fresh and a big reason our defense just fell off a cliff over the last few games was because our offense were kings of 3 passes and out. Also, pounding a defense is the best way to wear them down and that opens up the play action which Joe has historically ran so well - and getting Joe out of the pocket early will give him more time if we can't sure up our line pass-blocking-wise by the start of the season.

We wouldn't be the most excited team to ever show up on the scene, but winning is winning, even if it ain't pretty - though I personally love to watch great defenses

Edited by hn68wb4

4 hours ago, Ravenskid52752 said:

Yeah traded back twice and got 2 3rd rounder which is in there mock we have 4. Which at 26 they got Tim willimas which i like but yeah Ethan pocic in the 2nd is a reach but I understand why he did it because he didn't think in the mock he last all the way to the 3rd round but he might last that long in the real draft next week 

I just don't think Pocic will be that good in the pros. Too tall and not strong enough. I think there's potentially better centers to get in the draft.

A lot of Mike Williams scenarios. I would lose it if we got him. I'd be beyond stoked. Zierlein just mocked him and so did SB Nation. He is the receiver Flacco is missing. 

Russell Street just did a 6 round mock draft that I absolutely loved because it seemed too good to be true. We land Davis, Tim Williams, Pal Elflein and JuJu Smith Schuster in the first 4 rounds. That would make me very happy but I don't think it is going to happen.

2 hours ago, ellicottraven said:

Russell Street just did a 6 round mock draft that I absolutely loved because it seemed too good to be true. We land Davis, Tim Williams, Pal Elflein and JuJu Smith Schuster in the first 4 rounds. That would make me very happy but I don't think it is going to happen.

It was one poster. Not the site

It seems pretty obvious from all the mocks that one of the following players will be available to us: Corey Davis, Mike Williams, OJ Howard, Derek Barnett, Haason Reddick, Td White and multiple o-linemen. Any one of these players should make most Raven fans happy and day 2 should be equally productive. I hope we don't trade back and go with the best players that fill our needs. 

Walter Football has been doing prospect stock watches and they're pretty insightful. I'd recommend all to check them out.

Apparently most of the teams theyve talked to have Humphrey as the 2nd CB and some have him rated higher than Lattimore. A couple teams theyve spoken to have Humphrey in play for their pick in the Top 10. Theyre expecting him to go much higher than most expect.

Taco Charlton is another one where their sources are telling them he will almost definitely go in the 6-14 range... almost assuredly ahead of Barnett. Another surprise is that theyre hearing that Charles Harris is often seen as the 2nd pure edge rusher for 4-3 teams behind Garret (Solomon Thomas being classified as more of an interior rusher). Theyve heard hes in play for a quite a few mid-1st round teams.

Chidobe Awuzie is another thats really high on some boards and low 3rd on others... but some teams in the mid-1st to the 20's have him in the conversation for their pick.

And Reuben Foster is lower on a lot of boards than most would expect. Theyre reporting that up to half of the teams theyve talked to have Jarrad Davis as the 1st LB on their board.... with Foster very much a boom/bust prospect.

Of course some, most or all of this could be smoke screen, bad sources, or simply conjecture.... but i think draft day is going to be full of surprises.

36 minutes ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

Walter Football has been doing prospect stock watches and they're pretty insightful. I'd recommend all to check them out.

Apparently most of the teams theyve talked to have Humphrey as the 2nd CB and some have him rated higher than Lattimore. A couple teams theyve spoken to have Humphrey in play for their pick in the Top 10. Theyre expecting him to go much higher than most expect.

Taco Charlton is another one where their sources are telling them he will almost definitely go in the 6-14 range... almost assuredly ahead of Barnett. Another surprise is that theyre hearing that Charles Harris is often seen as the 2nd pure edge rusher for 4-3 teams behind Garret (Solomon Thomas being classified as more of an interior rusher). Theyve heard hes in play for a quite a few mid-1st round teams.

Chidobe Awuzie is another thats really high on some boards and low 3rd on others... but some teams in the mid-1st to the 20's have him in the conversation for their pick.

And Reuben Foster is lower on a lot of boards than most would expect. Theyre reporting that up to half of the teams theyve talked to have Jarrad Davis as the 1st LB on their board.... with Foster very much a boom/bust prospect.

Of course some, most or all of this could be smoke screen, bad sources, or simply conjecture.... but i think draft day is going to be full of surprises.

The Taco one is that might not be a smokescreen because the Saints Love him at 11 

49 minutes ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

I like Charles Harris better than most here. But mid round one is little high for him. I could actually see Foster falling. A one year player who is a touch on smallish side. He is compared to Willis Bowman who play slightly more physical than Kuechly and Mosley. But he isn't quite as big as those players. So he could fall to 13-20 range

Big third round with four picks for the Ravens https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-live-seven-round-mock-draft/  added Chris Godwin, Pat Elflein, Carlos Henderson and Justin Senior

PFF mock Draft

I like the Elfien, Godwin and Henderson picks

Justin Senior is a hella reach which hes a 5th or 6th round pick

why take Elflein when they have Pocic in the 2nd makes no sense

1 hour ago, Ravenskid52752 said:

Big third round with four picks for the Ravens https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-live-seven-round-mock-draft/  added Chris Godwin, Pat Elflein, Carlos Henderson and Justin Senior

PFF mock Draft

I like the Elfien, Godwin and Henderson picks

Justin Senior is a hella reach which hes a 5th or 6th round pick

why take Elflein when they have Pocic in the 2nd makes no sense

Some see Elflein projecting better at OG than C... and we could potentially have holes at both if we slide Lewis out to RT.

Whats more confusing to me is that we take Pocic in the 2nd with Cam Robinson, Dan Feeney and Garrett Bolles all still on the board. There is just no way we would do that. Never.

If we got Tim Williams in the 1st, then grabbed Cam Robinson in the 2nd (as this mock suggests being possible), then theres no reason to take Senior in the 3rd. You grab Elflein, i like Godwin and instead of taking Henderson id take Juju (if we're just doing a like for like replacement with who is still available).

Then i prob grab a CB with the Henderson pick... probably Fabian Moreau.

Thatd have given us:

Tim Williams (1)

Cam Robinson (2)

Pat Elflein (3)

Chris Godwin (3)

Fabian Moreau (3)

Juju Smith-Schuster (3)

I would take that all day. Maybe trade out one of the WR's for Tanoh Kpassagnon to give us some interior pass rush and id be ecstatic.

Hit on a stud pass rusher, 2 OL that along with Lewis and Stanley give us 4 potential studs in their 1st and 2nd years, a WR with huge upside, a 1st round talent at CB who only fell bc of injury, and then either another high upside WR or raw but freak athlete at DE.

Sign me up.

32 minutes ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

Some see Elflein projecting better at OG than C... and we could potentially have holes at both if we slide Lewis out to RT.

Whats more confusing to me is that we take Pocic in the 2nd with Cam Robinson, Dan Feeney and Garrett Bolles all still on the board. There is just no way we would do that. Never.

If we got Tim Williams in the 1st, then grabbed Cam Robinson in the 2nd (as this mock suggests being possible), then theres no reason to take Senior in the 3rd. You grab Elflein, i like Godwin and instead of taking Henderson id take Juju (if we're just doing a like for like replacement with who is still available).

Thatd have given us:

Tim Williams (1)

Cam Robinson (2)

Pat Elflein (3)

Chris Godwin (3)

Fabian Moreau (3)

Juju Smith-Schuster (3)

I would take that all day. Maybe trade out one of the WR's for Tanoh Kpassagnon to give us some interior pass rush and id be ecstatic.

Hit on a stud pass rusher, 2 OL that along with Lewis and Stanley give us 4 potential studs in their 1st and 2nd years, a WR with huge upside, a 1st round talent at CB who only fell bc of injury, and then either another high upside WR or raw but freak athlete at DE.

Sign me up.

Exactly like wth is Gordon Mcguinness doing with the ravens picks like jeez I can do better 

4 hours ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

I cant waittttt

5 hours ago, Sami84 said:

Guys., i think we're trading back into the early mid 20's and taking jordan willis

great pick.

Only about two rounds too early for him to go

3 hours ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

Thatd have given us:

Tim Williams (1)

Cam Robinson (2)

Pat Elflein (3)

Chris Godwin (3)

Fabian Moreau (3)

Juju Smith-Schuster (3)

Sign me up.

it's crazy that all these guys would be available at these picks - i can see 1 or 2 of them slipping to the 3rd maybe but all of them? that's crazy - i wouldn't even necessarily want to swap out one of the receivers in this scenario but if i did it would be godwin - i think juju is the 4th best receiver in this class

that would be an amazing draft though - i agree that moreau is a borderline 1st rounder at corner, tim williams and cam robinson are both 1st rounders, juju is a high 2nd, kpassagnon and elflein i see as being mid-2nd guys and godwin as a late 2nd round talent - ill be honest and say that kpassagnon, elflein and godwin are not guys i'd take at our 2nd pick but i'd legitimately love them in the 3rd

5 hours ago, Sami84 said:

Guys., i think we're trading back into the early mid 20's and taking jordan willis

great pick.

you're welcome to like willis as much as you want but what evidence do you have that the ravens are even moderately considering him in the 1st round?

10 hours ago, rossihunter2 said:

you're welcome to like willis as much as you want but what evidence do you have that the ravens are even moderately considering him in the 1st round?

We did have a private workout with him, so it's not entirely out of the blue.

Kiper had Barnett falling to 28 in a recent mock; gave us Lamp at #16

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/insider/story/_/id/19185386/mel-kiper-jr-three-round-grade-mock-draft-2017-nfl-draft

Round 1 (16): Forrest Lamp, OG, Ball State
Round 2 (47): T.J. Watt, OLB, Wisconsin
Round 3 (74): Jake Butt, TE, Michigan
Round 3 (78): Carlos Henderson, WR, Louisiana Tech

Lamp is the best guard in this class and won't last long if he gets past the Ravens at 16. After a run on pass-rushers, Baltimore might not like the outside linebackers available, so it could get Lamp, who'll be a Day 1 starter at left guard or center. Then the Ravens' best-case scenario would be a 3-4 pass-rusher such as Watt falling to them in the second round. At 6-foot-4, 252 pounds, T.J. is a much different player than his brother J.J., but he's a solid player. I'm not as high on him as some -- he started only one season -- but you can't deny his production, including 11.5 sacks and 63 total tackles. Butt might have been a top-40 pick if he hadn't torn his ACL in Michigan's Orange Bowl loss. Dennis Pitta took a pay cut to remain in Baltimore, but the Ravens still need an eventual replacement. Henderson isn't big (5-foot-11, 199 pounds), but he's explosive (4.46 40 and 36-inch vertical). He's also my No. 2-ranked kick returner.

50 minutes ago, 52520Andrew said:

Zrebiec just participated in a mock draft and got us Corey Davis at 16

Which is fun because I know he's been advocating against taking a WR in the first round.  He's really come around on Davis recently - not as much Williams and Ross.

6 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

Which is fun because I know he's been advocating against taking a WR in the first round.  He's really come around on Davis recently - not as much Williams and Ross.

There also wasnt much of an alternative with how it played out... All the top prospects were off the board including Barnett, Foster, Takk (i believe), Mike Williams.

So without trading back as an option he was forced to go with Corey Davis, reach for a lower graded pass rusher, or grab an OL there... which probably is a reach too.