RaineV1

Mock Drafts from the Media

1,108 posts in this topic

On 4/11/2017 at 8:39 PM, ravensnation5220 said:

@rossihunter2 @RaineV1

The one thing that gives me pause on Takk is his IQ. Hes not the smartest guy and i worry his football IQ could falter. I mean he majored in African Amercan studies lol. Sounds like a BS major

same with mcdowell, and the ravens like smart plaers on their football team

If we value intelligence highly, some pretty high picks of late seem to suggest otherwise.

I think we've placed a premium on guys we view as high character .....a good thing to be sure but there has ideally to be a balance.

A football smart guy that will rip your head off...

1 hour ago, ravensnation5220 said:

For those of you who dont believe drafting a right tackle in the first round is a good value pick remember that most elite pass rushers usually line up over the right tackle

my point proven http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/6/28/11641306/nfl-right-tackle-vs-left-tackle-scheme-salary

I'd be fine with it if I felt there were any natural tackles worth the pick this year and they were the BPA - I don't see that this year

The theory was proven to work by the titans last year and I don't think anyone would suggest that Conklin wasn't a great pick but I don't see the value at tackle this year

3 minutes ago, rossihunter2 said:

I'd be fine with it if I felt there were any natural tackles worth the pick this year and they were the BPA - I don't see that this year

The theory was proven to work by the titans last year and I don't think anyone would suggest that Conklin wasn't a great pick but I don't see the value at tackle this year

I honestly think Cam Robinson is worth it. He can provide quality depth at each position on the line (besides center) and fill obe of those holes. Id much rather have cam fill in at left tackle then anyone we have on roster. To me its the best move to make especially with what we want to do on offense. Have a great run game and protect joe. Its not like Cam will have to go up against elite pass rushers all the time other than myles garrett maybe who he has experience against. Guys of Cams caliber dont grow on trees. Id honestly be on board with taking Cam and Elflien with our first 2 picks. Wed have continuity on the oline for years to come and the more then same group of offensive lineman plag together the better they get

On 4/13/2017 at 11:22 AM, RaineV1 said:

McShay released a three round mock:

1: Mike Williams

2: Chidobe Awuzie

3 (1): Ryan Anderson

3 (2): Will Holden

I think it's a reach on Holden, and I'd rather try for a center there depending on who was still available. The first three choices would be great.

Really solid first 3 picks, don't know much about Holden

On 4/14/2017 at 4:48 PM, ravensnation5220 said:

For those of you who dont believe drafting a right tackle in the first round is a good value pick remember that most elite pass rushers usually line up over the right tackle

my point proven http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/6/28/11641306/nfl-right-tackle-vs-left-tackle-scheme-salary

Yea but for your point to make any sense there has to be a RT capable of handling elite level NFL pass rushers in the draft. 

And I don't think that there are. 

Draftsite.com has us taking:

Derek Barnett

Zay Jones

Carlos Watkins

Sidney Jones

with our first 4 picks. I'd be happy with that so long as we sign Mangold. 

5 minutes ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

Derek Barnett

Zay Jones

Carlos Watkins

Sidney Jones

That would be a great draft.

12 minutes ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

Derek Barnett

Zay Jones

Carlos Watkins

Sidney Jones

If Sidney Jones is available at 99 then 32 NFL teams (yes I am including the Ravens in that) have all gone crazy.

8 hours ago, Adreme said:

If Sidney Jones is available at 99 then 32 NFL teams (yes I am including the Ravens in that) have all gone crazy.

78 - but your point still stands

8 hours ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

Derek Barnett

Zay Jones

Carlos Watkins

Sidney Jones

Gave you a thumbs up even tho I know you didn't pick it lol but Sid Jones in the 3rd would be great and we can afford to sit since I think we good at the top 3 plus I'm still high on Canady. Watkins who I haven't even been thinking of could in the long term be better than Jenigan at the 3 and Zay Jones got OBJ qualities and Barnett speaks for himself.

From Bill Barnwell over at Espn, doing a mock of trades.  Every team had a trade, here is the link and here is what he said for us. 

I would be ok with this, depending on who is available at 16.  But coming away with all these picks would be huge. 

49ers get: 1-16, 6-186
Ravens get: 2-34, 4-109, 4-143, 2018 second-round pick

If the 49ers aren't confident about getting Kirk Cousins and want to draft one of the defensive stars with the second overall pick, here's a deal in which they get back into the middle of the first round to nab a quarterback. The Ravens are likely looking for pass-rushers and offensive linemen, and in this draft, it's better to go after those guys in the middle rounds. Ozzie Newsome should be effective at drumming up interest in this pick from teams looking at quarterback options, and while it would be tempting for the Ravens to trade this selection for San Francisco's 2018 first-rounder, my deal provides a mix of useful draft assets for a Baltimore team that is increasingly dependent upon guys playing out rookie deals.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story/_/id/19157025/bill-barnwell-2017-all-trades-mock-nfl-draft-first-round-deals-all-32-teams

9 minutes ago, usmccharles said:

From Bill Barnwell over at Espn, doing a mock of trades.  Every team had a trade, here is the link and here is what he said for us. 

I would be ok with this, depending on who is available at 16.  But coming away with all these picks would be huge. 

If the 49ers aren't confident about getting Kirk Cousins and want to draft one of the defensive stars with the second overall pick, here's a deal in which they get back into the middle of the first round to nab a quarterback. The Ravens are likely looking for pass-rushers and offensive linemen, and in this draft, it's better to go after those guys in the middle rounds. Ozzie Newsome should be effective at drumming up interest in this pick from teams looking at quarterback options, and while it would be tempting for the Ravens to trade this selection for San Francisco's 2018 first-rounder, my deal provides a mix of useful draft assets for a Baltimore team that is increasingly dependent upon guys playing out rookie deals.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story/_/id/19157025/bill-barnwell-2017-all-trades-mock-nfl-draft-first-round-deals-all-32-teams

I don't think there's any way we take future picks in a draft this deep and strong - it'd have to be picks this year to compensate especially for a move this far back - we'd be moving back more picks than will have been picked for essentially a couple of 4ths - obviously the extra 2nd next year is nice but it's also next year and we don't know it's value yet...

27 minutes ago, rossihunter2 said:

I don't think there's any way we take future picks in a draft this deep and strong - it'd have to be picks this year to compensate especially for a move this far back - we'd be moving back more picks than will have been picked for essentially a couple of 4ths - obviously the extra 2nd next year is nice but it's also next year and we don't know it's value yet...

Very true, but in theory we could use that next year second and make a trade this year. 

2 minutes ago, usmccharles said:

Very true, but in theory we could use that next year second and make a trade this year. 

That's true but i still don't really like it as an idea so much to be honest - that's probably where most of my objections come from

2 minutes ago, rossihunter2 said:

That's true but i still don't really like it as an idea so much to be honest - that's probably where most of my objections come from

I would definitely prefer more in this draft.  Would you be overall happy if we did this and lets say took Tim Williams with our first pick available? 

12 minutes ago, usmccharles said:

heres a good write up on our first two picks: Mike Williams and Carl Lawson

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2017/4/17/15315150/2017-nfl-mock-draft-baltimore-ravens-carl-lawson

I've seen absolutely no source or interest of any kind as it pertains to carl lawson and the ravens. Nothing..

which is odd as I think he's an excellent prospect. 

Edited by Sami84

18 minutes ago, usmccharles said:

heres a good write up on our first two picks: Mike Williams and Carl Lawson

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2017/4/17/15315150/2017-nfl-mock-draft-baltimore-ravens-carl-lawson

I'd be ecstatic with those 2 guys as our first 2 picks - and they're right that if both Williams and Lawson are there it's pretty much pick your poison: health issues vs off-field issues and which one you are most comfortable with because the play value is pretty equal between the two of them

32 minutes ago, Sami84 said:

I've seen absolutely no source or interest of any kind as it pertains to carl lawson and the ravens. Nothing..

We rarely show public interest in our mid and late round picks, so... I guess you could look at that as a good thing, considering many project him as a 3rd round pick.

1 hour ago, usmccharles said:

I would love a trade down in this draft, but like others have said, I'd rather have more picks in this draft. That said, you have to assume that 2018 pick is going to be damn close to the top of the round, considering the 49ers are virtually devoid of talent. 

Also, if we're trading down 18 spots into the 2nd, you'd have to give up way more than what that trade is proposing. In addition to the obvious drop in talent, you have to keep in mind first round picks have a 5th year option, which non-first round contracts don't have. This makes first rounders intrinsically more valuable, especially when using the arbitrary Jimmy Johnson chart for pick value. A couple of mid rounders and a 2nd rounder next year isn't going to cut it.

3 hours ago, Maryland said:

Also, if we're trading down 18 spots into the 2nd, you'd have to give up way more than what that trade is proposing. In addition to the obvious drop in talent, you have to keep in mind first round picks have a 5th year option, which non-first round contracts don't have. This makes first rounders intrinsically more valuable, especially when using the arbitrary Jimmy Johnson chart for pick value. A couple of mid rounders and a 2nd rounder next year isn't going to cut it.

Next year's picks are worth a full round lower this year.

It's essentially a 2017 third rounder and a couple fourths. That's horrible value. 

6 hours ago, Sami84 said:

Fortunately, as another thread shows, visits and reported interest actually aren't good indicators of who we're going to take aside from the first round.

PFF is doing a live mock right now, and Fournette fell to pick 40.  No, the 0 is not a typo.  40 as in 2nd round.

1 minute ago, rmw10 said:

PFF is doing a live mock right now, and Fournette fell to pick 40.  No, the 0 is not a typo.  40 as in 2nd round.

Gordon mcguiness drafting for the ravens from pff. Noted raven fan. Traded back twice and picked up 2 extra thirds (I think we will trade back) and picked him tim williams.

Wish he used those thirds to move up into another high second 

25 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

I like the first round he did for the Ravens, but hate the second round selection.

21 minutes ago, RaineV1 said:

I like the first round he did for the Ravens, but hate the second round selection.

Yeah traded back twice and got 2 3rd rounder which is in there mock we have 4. Which at 26 they got Tim willimas which i like but yeah Ethan pocic in the 2nd is a reach but I understand why he did it because he didn't think in the mock he last all the way to the 3rd round but he might last that long in the real draft next week 

Edited by Ravenskid52752

58 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

Fournette wouldn't even make it past 16 because our FO would take him. Unless he has a video leak with a mask on.:P

1 hour ago, rmw10 said:

I think they got the 4 part right as I think the Jags will get him but 40 is just silly. Any reason why he fell?

Edited by 52520Andrew