RaineV1

Mock Drafts from the Media

782 posts in this topic

So in Charlie Campbell's mock draft we don't come away with any of the top defensive talent available in the first two rounds... he has us going:

RD1: Cam Robinson, RT

RD2: Curtis Samuel, WR/RB

RD3: Wayne Gallman, RB

RD3 Comp: Daeshon Hall, DE

RD4: Jarron Jones, DT

3 minutes ago, Darhk_Raven said:

So in Charlie Campbell's mock draft we don't come away with any of the top defensive talent available in the first two rounds... he has us going:

I don't mind the first 2 rounds but the rest is aweful

1 hour ago, ravensnation5220 said:

I don't mind the first 2 rounds but the rest is aweful

Maybe it just me, but the first two rounds are field with so much potentially on the defensive side. I feel like we should take a shot at someone in one of those rounds. Especially since I feel like this team is good at finding OL talent in middle rounds.

36 minutes ago, Darhk_Raven said:

Maybe it just me, but the first two rounds are field with so much potentially on the defensive side. I feel like we should take a shot at someone in one of those rounds. Especially since I feel like this team is good at finding OL talent in middle rounds.

Well the Robinson pick is good but I guess we could do a lot better in the 2nd

49 minutes ago, ravensnation5220 said:

I just don't think Robinson will be the best player when we pick

57 minutes ago, usmccharles said:

I just don't think Robinson will be the best player when we pick

I agree. And I still really don't like Robinson as a tackle. Could be a really good guard, but I think he'll struggle on the outside.

6 hours ago, Darhk_Raven said:

i would absolutely detest this draft

Bucky Brooks latest Mock is crazy. 

Has us taking Ross which I hate as a pick for us. Don't need another speed receiver especially one with injury concerns. And I can't see him being our BPA with Tim Williams, Humphrey, Wilson, Harris, etc... on the board. 

But he has Tredavious White to the Saints as the 2nd CB. That's not too crazy I guess. 

Then Tabor to the Eagles. 

Then Chidobe Awuzie at 15 to the Colts?!?!

I mean he's got serious ball skills... but I haven't seen anyone Mock him until mid/late 2nd and as the 8th CB highest. 

14 minutes ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

Has us taking Ross which I hate as a pick for us. Don't need another speed receiver especially one with injury concerns. And I can't see him being our BPA with Tim Williams, Humphrey, Wilson, Harris, etc... on the board. 

But he has Tredavious White to the Saints as the 2nd CB. That's not too crazy I guess. 

I mean he's got serious ball skills... but I haven't seen anyone Mock him until mid/late 2nd and as the 8th CB highest. 

He's being way overrated ( Awuzie) Ross is mocked to us a lot.

45 minutes ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

I actually have seen awuzie in the top 15 in another mock can't remember which one. Besides the Colts are gonna screw up that pick anyways

And Ross could very well be BPA for us, hes a high character dude and his tape is pretty solid. Reliable catcher and runs good routes. We've all seen what a good 40 time can do for a prospect as none of us expected Perriman to be ranked so high on our board when we picked him. 

Another thing, why all the fuss about Ross being our pick at 16. We could do a lot worse and it's not like all he can do is run 9 routes. He's a lot more sudden then both Perriman and Wallace. Brings a different element of speed than both. He's a playmaker and thats what we need. The injury concerns I can understand however, but still. We can do a lot worse at 16

Edited by ravensnation5220

11 minutes ago, Edgar said:

He's being way overrated ( Awuzie) Ross is mocked to us a lot.

Around this time in the draft process the last 2 years Perriman(after his pro day) and Stanley were linked to us very often. Just something to keep in mind

43 minutes ago, ravensnation5220 said:

Around this time in the draft process the last 2 years Perriman(after his pro day) and Stanley were linked to us very often. Just something to keep in mind

Man I would be disappointed if we get Ross and say Corey Davis is still on the board. 

We always do a good job shutting down AB, but AJ green always kills us. Not saying they're comparable, but I would rather see us take the bigger outside WR

1 minute ago, Davesta said:

Man I would be disappointed if we get Ross and say Corey Davis is still on the board. 

We always do a good job shutting down AB, but AJ green always kills us. Not saying they're comparable, but I would rather see us take the bigger outside WR

Believe me i do toovand I honestly think he'll be ranked higher on our boards than Ross so I wouldn't worry about that; however i dont think he will be there when we're on the clock. Unless some team prefers Williams over him 

49 minutes ago, ravensnation5220 said:

I actually have seen awuzie in the top 15 in another mock can't remember which one. Besides the Colts are gonna screw up that pick anyways

And Ross could very well be BPA for us, hes a high character dude and his tape is pretty solid. Reliable catcher and runs good routes. We've all seen what a good 40 time can do for a prospect as none of us expected Perriman to be ranked so high on our board when we picked him. 

Another thing, why all the fuss about Ross being our pick at 16. We could do a lot worse and it's not like all he can do is run 9 routes. He's a lot more sudden then both Perriman and Wallace. Brings a different element of speed than both. He's a playmaker and thats what we need. The injury concerns I can understand however, but still. We can do a lot worse at 16

Apparently league circles were pretty high on Perriman all along. Just wasn't getting much love by the media "scouts" until after his blazing 40 at his pro day. 

And I just don't like Ross much, period. I know he's more than a speed merchant, and I do think he can be a good player on the right team. I just don't see us being that team... 

whether he can do other things well or not, his biggest weapon is still his speed... and I don't like taking really any players who rely heavily on speed that high. It's less of an advantage in the NFL, and that weapon can disappear awfully quick with just one serious injury or a line of nagging ones (which he's already shown some potential signs of).

If not for the killer speed the other traits don't project to me a player worth taking that high. 

I want a big, physical jump ball type WR for Joe with vice grip hands. 

For me, in terms of pass catcher it's Williams, Davis and OJ Howard. Only 3 I'd be happy about taking at 16.

But were bringing Ross in for a visit. Might be why he's been a popular Mock to us lately... so we'll see. We must be at least considering him - or throwing out a smoke signal for another team that wants him for a potential trade back...

Hoping it's the latter or just due diligence.

3 minutes ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

Apparently league circles were pretty high on Perriman all along. Just wasn't getting much love by the media "scouts" until after his blazing 40 at his pro day. 

And I just don't like Ross much, period. I know he's more than a speed merchant, and I do think he can be a good player on the right team. I just don't see us being that team... 

whether he can do other things well or not, his biggest weapon is still his speed... and I don't like taking really any players who rely heavily on speed that high. It's less of an advantage in the NFL, and that weapon can disappear awfully quick with just one serious injury or a line of nagging ones (which he's already shown some potential signs of).

If not for the killer speed the other traits don't project to me a player worth taking that high. 

I want a big, physical jump ball type WR for Joe with vice grip hands. 

For me, in terms of pass catcher it's Williams, Davis and OJ Howard. Only 3 I'd be happy about taking at 16.

But were bringing Ross in for a visit. Might be why he's been a popular Mock to us lately... so we'll see. We must be at least considering him - or throwing out a smoke signal for another team that wants him for a potential trade back...

Hoping it's the latter or just due diligence.

See I think he could fit us. Especially if we get our running game going. We really don't have a guy who can win with route running ability and quickness. For a guy who has elite straight line speed he also has that elusiveness we lack on offense. 

Like I said about our running game, if we get that going; we would be unstoppable in play action with the speed of our receivers. Marty also loves his crossing routes and Ross would benefit from those

Another thing he brings to the table is return ability 

As for that jump ball guy. Isn't that what we brought Perriman in for. I mean, he did that a lot on bis college tape from what I can remember. 

12 minutes ago, SepticeyePoe said:

Wow, that's a great story. 

Ya pretty cool. It's funny the things you can find when you look at the type of person these kids are. I've really been focused on that this year more than ever to be honest. 

He's Mormon too. Maybe he'll get along well with kaufusi lol

Just now, ravensnation5220 said:

Ya pretty cool. It's funny the things you can find when you look at the type of person these kids are. I've really been focused on that this year more than ever to be honest. 

He's Mormon too. Maybe he'll get along well with kaufusi lol

and Pitta.

11 minutes ago, SepticeyePoe said:

Oh maybe I did know that and just forgot. I think I've read that before. Still pretty cool though. Although the Mormon religion does confuse me a little lol

How about BRA? Best reciever available. 

-Corey Davis: best overall WR. Physcial, great route runner, speed enough for deep ball, red zone target, etc. 

-Mike Williams: great size and strength, true possession WR, great at contented catches, red zone target. He doesn't have sudden burst though. Would be great complement to Perriman. 

-John Ross: stupid fast, good route runner and deep threat, shifty, playmaker. 

I think any of these dudes can help tremendously and make our team a lot better now and in The future. 

5 hours ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

Bruh I'm with you 100%....if we take John Ross I'm turning my TV off. 

3 hours ago, Davesta said:

I always wonder who seems to be more like AJ green.... Corey Davis? Or Mike Williams?

9 hours ago, Davesta said:

That's the thing though, Davis and Williams are almost definitely going to be gone. 

Ross is a game changer man. I can just see it now. 

6 hours ago, Underdogsontop! said:

Bruh I'm with you 100%....if we take John Ross I'm turning my TV off. 

I don't get the hate for Ross though🤔 I would prefer a big receiver like Williams or Davis, but they likely are not there. 

Ross will be a likely be a TY Hilton / Tyreek Hill like talent. The guy is shifty as it gets and his routes are crisp. He killed it at UW and would have been even better if his QB was better. A lot of his huge plays he had to slow down for and wait for the ball.

Every year Flacco struggles when his receivers cannot gain separation quickly and the longer he holds onto that ball, the more likely a bad play is bound to happen. Ross is so quick off the line and runs such good routes that I think only elite shifty corners will have the chance to contain him. The big physical corners will get toasted. Just like what happened with Sherman vs TY Hilton. 

17 hours ago, ravensnation5220 said:

15 hours ago, RaineV1 said:

I agree. And I still really don't like Robinson as a tackle. Could be a really good guard, but I think he'll struggle on the outside.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/cam-robinson-vs-texas-am-2016/ Watch this game and I am sure your guys' opinions will change.  Note who he is going against.

33 minutes ago, RavensDieHard21 said:

I don't get the hate for Ross though🤔 I would prefer a big receiver like Williams or Davis, but they likely are not there. 

Ross will be a likely be a TY Hilton / Tyreek Hill like talent. The guy is shifty as it gets and his routes are crisp. He killed it at UW and would have been even better if his QB was better. A lot of his huge plays he had to slow down for and wait for the ball.

Every year Flacco struggles when his receivers cannot gain separation quickly and the longer he holds onto that ball, the more likely a bad play is bound to happen. Ross is so quick off the line and runs such good routes that I think only elite shifty corners will have the chance to contain him. The big physical corners will get toasted. Just like what happened with Sherman vs TY Hilton. 

You know what, these are pretty valid points and opened me up a tad more to Ross, but I still wouldn't be happy, but I could see it in a sense.  I would rather have the big body, high pointing type of WR and after watching Williams in the BCS championship game...He could so much for Joe.  All that being said, I hope a CB/pass-rusher is the route we go.