RedFire

APPRECIATION THREAD: Joe Flacco was a couple of possessions away from being in 4 Superbowls in 8 years!!!!

280 posts in this topic

This thread is so meaningless at this point of time really. Especially when Joe's going nowhere and coming off a terrible season or 3. I'm not bashing Flacco but you don't appreciate abject mediocrity not do you felicitate a 4 yr old act! You do that when he's leaving or retiring. That's the time to appreciate what good he's done for the Ravens and that is certainly not now.

-2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i wanna point out what our record would be if flacco hadnt been constantly let down by his teammates: 

perriman not getting his foot down on that perfect back shoulder fade vs the skins: 9-7 

chris moore dropping an obvious td pass that hit him clean in his hands, in stride, for an easy catch: 10-6 

the 2 definite tds dropped vs pitt, and the possible but iffy one to BP, and pittas inexcusable out of bounds catch inside the 5: 11-5 

were welcoming miami back to the bank tomorrow if flacco isnt once again let down over and over and over by his receivers. and hell, idk about the tiebreakers and seeding and all, but maybe we go into week 17 looking to lock up the 2 seed if possible if the tiebreakers allow it and beat the bengals and we are looking at a bye this week. 

sure though, lets blame flacco. hes done enough to get us there time and time again, just like when owen daniels dropped a game sealing TD right in his hands vs NE in 2014. just like lee evans did the same to send us to the super bowl. just like anquan boldin did the year prior in pittsburgh. it is ABSURD how close he has come to being in 1 more super bowl, and 2 more AFC championships where we wouldve faced the sanchize at home and a horrible colts team and likely won both. Flacco made all of those happen while his receivers screw him over time and time again.

9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, frozen joe flacco fan said:

Wrong thread! Wrong conclusion!! Harry Houdini couldn't turn some of our mediocre WRs into stud WRs like Beckham, Brown, Fitzgerald et cetera. He could make them disappear though. Would you rather have Cap'n Kirk? I hear he's goin to get a big paycheck soon. Maybe we could do a swap or maybe we can get The Red Rifle in a bargain-basement deal with Cincy. Who knows? Maybe they'd consider a two for two deal and we could swap Harbaugh for Hue Jackson too!!! Get real, Ra Ra!!!

Dalton signed a pretty big contract but yah hes better than joe but for the playoff record.  we can find a cheaper Dalton though and furthermore we have to. I've appreciated joe flacco but its ovah.  he needs a great oline a stud runnin game and receivers he can trust.and an effective defense.  joe is what you call an expensive date. he is high  maintainence, you know like the woman that has to salon every other day and coordinate outfits with accessories. buys tons of  the best makeup and looks like a man unless shes got all her paint on.  joe needs far too much paint. he got to go two good picks and he gone

6 hours ago, frozen joe flacco fan said:

 

 

-3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RayRayRaven said:

Dalton signed a pretty big contract but yah hes better than joe but for the playoff record.  we can find a cheaper Dalton though and furthermore we have to. I've appreciated joe flacco but its ovah.  he needs a great oline a stud runnin game and receivers he can trust.and an effective defense.  joe is what you call an expensive date. he is high  maintainence, you know like the woman that has to salon every other day and coordinate outfits with accessories. buys tons of  the best makeup and looks like a man unless shes got all her paint on.  joe needs far too much paint. he got to go two good picks and he gone

 

Andy Dalton is not a good qb. He has been on one of the most loaded rosters in the NFL for years now and aside from last year's playoff loss he has been the reason they can't win a playoff game. He gets to the playoffs and stinks it up and brings their stacked team a loss.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

Andy Dalton is not a good qb. He has been on one of the most loaded rosters in the NFL for years now and aside from last year's playoff loss he has been the reason they can't win a playoff game. He gets to the playoffs and stinks it up and brings their stacked team a loss.

to be fair to dalton - he has looked like a franchise qb the last 2 years and was legitimately brilliant up until his injury in 2015

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rossihunter2 said:

to be fair to dalton - he has looked like a franchise qb the last 2 years and was legitimately brilliant up until his injury in 2015

he has had a ridiculous roster around him. when people make comparisons like this they dont take these things into account. the OL, the run game with 2 very good backs, aj green, marvin jones, mohammad sanu(who was at least a solid possession guy), tyler eifert, jermaine gresham, and hes always had a very strong defense that he can always fall back on. 

i dont think any qb in the league has had it as easy as dalton and all hes done is put up decent regular season numbers and choke in the playoffs. put him on the ravens and see how awful he/the team looks. then imagine flacco playing on that stacked roster. 

fortunately we will never see that play out, but you would never be able to convince me that flacco on that bengals squad wouldnt be setting the league on fire.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2017 at 4:01 PM, JoeyFlex5 said:

Andy Dalton is not a good qb. He has been on one of the most loaded rosters in the NFL for years now and aside from last year's playoff loss he has been the reason they can't win a playoff game. He gets to the playoffs and stinks it up and brings their stacked team a loss.

Dude legitimately has like 1 playoff TD pass. Look it up. It's like one or two maybe. Dalton is a joke.  

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2017 at 1:25 AM, ellicottraven said:

This thread is so meaningless at this point of time really. Especially when Joe's going nowhere and coming off a terrible season or 3. I'm not bashing Flacco but you don't appreciate abject mediocrity not do you felicitate a 4 yr old act! You do that when he's leaving or retiring. That's the time to appreciate what good he's done for the Ravens and that is certainly not now.

Actually it's the perfect time...Ozzie talking crazy....

 

"You have to have two quality quarterbacks in this league to be successful year-in and year-out," Newsome added. "We realize that Joe is one play away from being injured. We have seen that."

 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000775593/article/ozzie-newsome-ravens-need-joe-flacco-insurance

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course it is too much to ask to have some positivity in an appreciation thread. Smh. There are hundreds of threads with the names "Joe" and "Flacco" in the title, all of which are full of all the bashing and negativity any one could ever wish for.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh man, just walked in to see the Dalton comments....No. It's why I've cared less and less about QB stats and debates, I watch his games and see him bailed out repeatedly by insane catches by Green and Eifert, the year before he had those guys and Sanu and Jones as well as two good running backs and the number one o line, it's a joke.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2017 at 8:03 PM, JoeyFlex5 said:

he has had a ridiculous roster around him. when people make comparisons like this they dont take these things into account. the OL, the run game with 2 very good backs, aj green, marvin jones, mohammad sanu(who was at least a solid possession guy), tyler eifert, jermaine gresham, and hes always had a very strong defense that he can always fall back on. 

i dont think any qb in the league has had it as easy as dalton and all hes done is put up decent regular season numbers and choke in the playoffs. put him on the ravens and see how awful he/the team looks. then imagine flacco playing on that stacked roster. 

fortunately we will never see that play out, but you would never be able to convince me that flacco on that bengals squad wouldnt be setting the league on fire.

1,000% agree as someone who has seen the stark contrast in surrounding circumstances between Joe and Andy by virtue of watching every game they've both played.

Without a doubt Dalton held them back, he had one good season and got hurt throwing an awful pick on a screen pass. The windows he gets, the WR separation, the YAC, the protection, the supporting run game, are all night and day to what Flacco has. The degree of difficulty on the throws  they are asked to make is night and day, we see this every Ravens Bengals game, just watch the difference, how hard it is for Joe and how easy it is for Dalton. Jaws pointed this out when defending Flacco, we ask him to make more difficult throws on a more consistent basis, stats do not reflect this in the manner in which we relate stats to an 'elite' QB.

Bengal fans have become accustomed to such great o line play and wr talent they were acting like they had the league worst WRs and O line this year, I had to point out once again the Ravens o line was ranked worse. Dalton literally did nothing half his games, threw the ball away because he can't make difficult throws and can't make it happen without elite WR talent.

Dalton is not a better QB and if you think this you do not understand football.

Edited by OUravensfan
4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OUravensfan said:

Oh man, just walked in to see the Dalton comments....No. It's why I've cared less and less about QB stats and debates, I watch his games and see him bailed out repeatedly by insane catches by Green and Eifert, the year before he had those guys and Sanu and Jones as well as two good running backs and the number one o line, it's a joke.

It's not like he didn't play well though - he'd had those guys for years and played much worse - he finally put it together with hue Jackson and I'll give him credit for playing well even with the weapons given that once they left he still played well - that being said he doesn't carry his team and so id much rather have flacco - by defending dalton im not trying to disparage flacco - if anything it just emphasises how fickle form is from season to season - flacco has the higher ceiling and won us a Super Bowl (hopefully more to come) but dalton had been the better qb the last 2 years

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, rossihunter2 said:

It's not like he didn't play well though - he'd had those guys for years and played much worse - he finally put it together with hue Jackson and I'll give him credit for playing well even with the weapons given that once they left he still played well - that being said he doesn't carry his team and so id much rather have flacco - by defending dalton im not trying to disparage flacco - if anything it just emphasises how fickle form is from season to season - flacco has the higher ceiling and won us a Super Bowl (hopefully more to come) but dalton had been the better qb the last 2 years

This is fair, he definitely had a strong 2015 campaign, can't argue that. Everyone mentioned his off season work with a certain QB coach I can't think of as a big factor, maybe we should find Joe that guy.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On December 29, 2016 at 7:21 PM, AsianRice said:

It's a team sport so he can't do that by himself, can he?

 

Even Rodgers can't even do it if his WR couldn't catch the ball or his defense collapse on the lead.

 

It takes 3 phases to win on Sunday.

True, it's a team game and it takes a team to win. But even Flacco himself would admit that he didn't help the cause as much as hed like. He had one of his worst years of not his worst. I'm not asking him to put up breese or Rodgers numbers because that's not Flacco. But he does need to come back next year hungrier than ever because he's done a lot more with a lot less. 

since you used Rodgers as an example.... 2015 was considered Rodgers worst year statisticslly when he had 31 TDs to 8 INTs and a 92 passer rating. He did that without a running game or anything that resembles a defense and his WRs were horrendous when Nelson got hurt. I'm not saying Flacco needs to match those numbers but he's supposed to make the best of what he has because he certainly has the talent to do so and is paid handsomely to do so.

Flacco in comparison only beat that passer rating once in 9 years. Yes it's like comparing apples to oranges but one thing is for sure. Flacco is not the only one to blame for this offense stalling but he carries a big share of the responsibility.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, OriolesMagicPlease said:

Of course it is too much to ask to have some positivity in an appreciation thread. Smh. There are hundreds of threads with the names "Joe" and "Flacco" in the title, all of which are full of all the bashing and negativity any one could ever wish for.

I for one hate how the this season turned out and hate that Flacco had one of his worst years statistically but your absolutely right. There's always a time and place to appreciate the best quarterback in this Franchises history. There's always room to thank Flacco for a marvelous SB run and there's always room for hoping we get those performances again in the near future. 

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2017 at 7:00 AM, RayRayRaven said:

Dalton signed a pretty big contract but yah hes better than joe but for the playoff record.  we can find a cheaper Dalton though and furthermore we have to. I've appreciated joe flacco but its ovah.  he needs a great oline a stud runnin game and receivers he can trust.and an effective defense.  joe is what you call an expensive date. he is high  maintainence, you know like the woman that has to salon every other day and coordinate outfits with accessories. buys tons of  the best makeup and looks like a man unless shes got all her paint on.  joe needs far too much paint. he got to go two good picks and he gone

 

I think this is my favorite part of anyone's post.

1. Call Dalton better than Flacco
2. Say Flacco needs a great o-line, stud running game, stud WRs, and an effective defense to succeed
3. Fully ignore the fact that Dalton has had all that practically his whole career 

6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Purple_City39 said:

I think this is my favorite part of anyone's post.

1. Call Dalton better than Flacco
2. Say Flacco needs a great o-line, stud running game, stud WRs, and an effective defense to succeed
3. Fully ignore the fact that Dalton has had all that practically his whole career 

I'd have killed to see Dalton play behind our 2013 roster, it would have been atrocious and so much worse 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why does this say Joe Flacco instead of The Ravens lol. 

When I talk to people about football or my favorite team, I don't say Joe Flacco came so close this year and that year. I say the Ravens were so close. 

 

Like a week ago I was saying it's funny the Steelers in playoffs because we couldn't get one stop basically. Then I went on a tangent about how in 2008 S.Holmes catch was ruled a TD even though the ball never crossed the end zone line, that gave them the division and playoff home field. I felt if it went our way things would have been different. 

 

2011 - People still don't give Sterling Moore an ounce of credit for getting his arm in there and slapping the ball out smh.  Lee Evans didn't just drop it.  

I generally think of Cundiff blowing a short routine FG. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, jdynamite said:

Why does this say Joe Flacco instead of The Ravens lol. 

When I talk to people about football or my favorite team, I don't say Joe Flacco came so close this year and that year. I say the Ravens were so close. 

 

Like a week ago I was saying it's funny the Steelers in playoffs because we couldn't get one stop basically. Then I went on a tangent about how in 2008 S.Holmes catch was ruled a TD even though the ball never crossed the end zone line, that gave them the division and playoff home field. I felt if it went our way things would have been different. 

 

2011 - People still don't give Sterling Moore an ounce of credit for getting his arm in there and slapping the ball out smh.  Lee Evans didn't just drop it.  

I generally think of Cundiff blowing a short routine FG. 

it's more of an antithesis to the mind-numbing flacco hate in the flacco talk thread than it is an actual comment on the title

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, jdynamite said:

Why does this say Joe Flacco instead of The Ravens lol. 

When I talk to people about football or my favorite team, I don't say Joe Flacco came so close this year and that year. I say the Ravens were so close. 

 

2011 - People still don't give Sterling Moore an ounce of credit for getting his arm in there and slapping the ball out smh.  Lee Evans didn't just drop it.  

I generally think of Cundiff blowing a short routine FG. 

Probably because he's one of the few players left that was on all of those teams?   And he constantly gets slammed by "fans"?    smh

And you're exactly right.......Evans didn't drop that TD, he just failed to make a fundamental football catch that every receiver is taught to do even in Pop Warner leagues. Moore would never had touched the ball if Lee had caught the ball with his hands and tucked it away rather than letting it come to his body.  

Edited by Tank 92
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:59 AM, Purple_City39 said:

I think this is my favorite part of anyone's post.

1. Call Dalton better than Flacco
2. Say Flacco needs a great o-line, stud running game, stud WRs, and an effective defense to succeed
3. Fully ignore the fact that Dalton has had all that practically his whole career 

rooted for joe for years. thought he turned th e corner in 2012.  he didn't. just would point out in the last meetin of the year dalton lacked most of his weapons. green, ifert, hill, givovana. dalton had a 101 ratin to joes 70. 8 yards per attempt to joes 5.  we just gota trade joe asap

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 7:06 PM, OUravensfan said:

I'd have killed to see Dalton play behind our 2013 roster, it would have been atrocious and so much worse 

our red riffle is sam darnold. it we don't go hard for him it would be a big big mistake

1 hour ago, rossihunter2 said:

it's more of an antithesis to the mind-numbing flacco hate in the flacco talk thread than it is an actual comment on the title

don't think anyone hates joe. just don't want to endur his average play with elite pay smh and the horror cap probs it causes. the comprehensuv plan to gain from joes leavin is the sure way to turn us around and drink sweet lemonaid from a sour lemon.

Edited by RayRayRaven
-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RayRayRaven said:

rooted for joe for years. thought he turned th e corner in 2012.  he didn't. just would point out in the last meetin of the year dalton lacked most of his weapons. green, ifert, hill, givovana. dalton had a 101 ratin to joes 70. 8 yards per attempt to joes 5.  we just gota trade joe asap

our red riffle is sam darnold. it we don't go hard for him it would be a big big mistake

don't think anyone hates joe. just don't want to endur his average play with elite pay smh and the horror cap probs it causes. the comprehensuv plan to gain from joes leavin is the sure way to turn us around and drink sweet lemonaid from a sour lemon.

.. and by "ASAP", I hope you realize that is leading up to the 2019 season . If you want to see some REAL "horror cap probs" - work out a trade for him for this offseason. smh. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rossihunter2 said:

it's more of an antithesis to the mind-numbing flacco hate in the flacco talk thread than it is an actual comment on the title

Wow it's that bad huh. Haven't visited any of those in weeks..  

just got tired of reading "cut him, trade him" when these people don't understand salary cap lol

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tank 92 said:

Probably because he's one of the few players left that was on all of those teams?   And he constantly gets slammed by "fans"?    smh

And you're exactly right.......Evans didn't drop that TD, he just failed to make a fundamental football catch that every receiver is taught to do even in Pop Warner leagues. Moore would never had touched the ball if Lee had caught the ball with his hands and tucked it away rather than letting it come to his body.  

 

When's the last time you looked at that play?  Lee Evans is spinning around and back peddling with defender barely a foot away, Flacco put it in a tight window. 

 

IMG_6822.JPG

He couldn't attempt an all hands catch there, that would have made it even easier for S.Moore. 

Now instead of try to land both feet he should have just cradled the ball and fell to the ground.. I remember Chris Carter saying if he had just fell then one knee is as good as 2 feet and the defender can't make a play for the ball. 

Regardless Evans should have hung on to it even with Moore in there.  But Moore did get his arm in there for the breakup.  

Lee Evans "drop" wasn't  like TJ Housh. drop vs the Steelers in playoffs when the ball hit him directly in the hands and the defender W.Gay was beat. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jdynamite said:

 

Regardless Evans should have hung on to it even with Moore in there.  But Moore did get his arm in there for the breakup.  

Lee Evans "drop" wasn't  like TJ Housh. drop vs the Steelers in playoffs when the ball hit him directly in the hands and the defender W.Gay was beat. 

luv ur posts, they are beautiful and smart. the best. luv the vids too. when we talk about joe we talk about one year or one throw and he has had a good yr and can make a good throw. but it s his body of play that comes up every time not enuff. that's the problem and the years make it clear where his max abilety is.  we need sam darnold and we are near position to make it happin. if we act now

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jdynamite said:

Now instead of try to land both feet he should have just cradled the ball and fell to the ground.. I remember Chris Carter saying if he had just fell then one knee is as good as 2 feet and the defender can't make a play for the ball.  

Ugh ... I hate revisiting this play. But this is spot on and I remember Carter's comments the next day on Mike and Mike. Not only did he try to land on both feet, it looked like he wanted to turn up field. You are in the end zone ... where else do you need to go? A receiver that knows how to catch TDs envelops that ball and there is no chance for a defender to poke it away. 

So - semantics ... it was not a "drop", but it was a play that absolutely should have been made (not that there was a lot at stake ...) 

6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jdynamite said:

 

When's the last time you looked at that play?  Lee Evans is spinning around and back peddling with defender barely a foot away, Flacco put it in a tight window. 

 

IMG_6822.JPG

He couldn't attempt an all hands catch there, that would have made it even easier for S.Moore. 

Now instead of try to land both feet he should have just cradled the ball and fell to the ground.. I remember Chris Carter saying if he had just fell then one knee is as good as 2 feet and the defender can't make a play for the ball. 

Regardless Evans should have hung on to it even with Moore in there.  But Moore did get his arm in there for the breakup.  

Lee Evans "drop" wasn't  like TJ Housh. drop vs the Steelers in playoffs when the ball hit him directly in the hands and the defender W.Gay was beat. 

Catches it with his hands, wraps it up immediately and Moore never has time to strip it. Not turning and just falling down would have worked as well. Ball game and on the the SB. Worst play in Ravens history. 

If I remember correctly Boldin dropped a TD late in that same playoff game against the Steelers where who's your momma dropped the 4th down pass. 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, balfan23 said:

Ugh ... I hate revisiting this play. But this is spot on and I remember Carter's comments the next day on Mike and Mike. Not only did he try to land on both feet, it looked like he wanted to turn up field. You are in the end zone ... where else do you need to go? A receiver that knows how to catch TDs envelops that ball and there is no chance for a defender to poke it away. 

So - semantics ... it was not a "drop", but it was a play that absolutely should have been made (not that there was a lot at stake ...) 

yah but you goin back.  on that roster were a bunch of stars and solid role  players.  you cant go back. joe can't go back not even to 2012. you can only move on.  the huge dead cap hit by tradin joe this offseason is part of the comprehensuv plane. strong pic position and strong pics is the only way to get this team back. otherwis you got joe playin out his deal on a team without league class stars and play makers which is mendosa line from now until who knows when. we may be able to get even mor than two 1's from clevland but first you have to admit the problem. if he cant admit the problem he cant fix it. pitsburg is in the AFC title game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a big Flacco fan PERIOD!!! That said this year he has to improve but Oz and Harbs have to get him guys who can make plays at the right time.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now