RedFire

APPRECIATION THREAD: Joe Flacco was a couple of possessions away from being in 4 Superbowls in 8 years!!!!

280 posts in this topic

Steelers just turned the ball over twice inside their own 20 and gave us the ball twice at our 40 and still managed to beat us. Not sure overrated is the right word..just comes off as sour grapes

On 12/28/2016 at 8:23 PM, RedFire said:

Playoff Joe is the truth! If we can carry the man to the post season he turns into a HOFer!

"If we can carry the man to the post season?"  Are you serious???

On 12/29/2016 at 2:17 AM, Ravens4Real said:

To the person who made this thread, pathetic. 

The last sentence is also hilarious. "If we can carry Joe to the playoffs", the guys is getting paid $20 million a year. Should anyone be having to carry him to the playoffs??

THANK YOU!!

On 12/29/2016 at 11:21 AM, AsianRice said:

It's a team sport so he can't do that by himself, can he?

Even Rodgers can't even do it if his WR couldn't catch the ball or his defense collapse on the lead.

It takes 3 phases to win on Sunday.

It is a team sport.  So, when his "team" was 4-6, Aaron Rodgers, the QUARTERBACK or the so-called "leader" and "face" of the franchise came out and made the following statement to the press; "I feel that we can run the table.  I really do!"  He then elevated his own gameplay as the QB in those remaining games and his teammates followed his lead.  Look where they are now!

21 minutes ago, Militant X 1 said:

It is a team sport.  So, when his "team" was 4-6, Aaron Rodgers, the QUARTERBACK or the so-called "leader" and "face" of the franchise came out and made the following statement to the press; "I feel that we can run the table.  I really do!"  He then elevated his own gameplay as the QB in those remaining games and his teammates followed his lead.  Look where they are now!

Relax...............:th_laundry:

When push comes to shove, Joe can show up. The problems are many.

yes,sometimes the accuracy isn't there, because he is not good under blitz pressure. He is a QB who needs time to make the play in the pocket. i still think he needs a great QB coach who he can connect with. He has had a new OC almost every year, no consistency.

dropped balls are a problem, we need some guys with great hands as well as speed. Big plays to open the field would help. 

Of course bottom line is, get in the end zone. Many times I wish we could get in the red zone. But then we need to score TDs.

Joe can do it, he needs help on both sides of the game, quality players and coaches.

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 8:23 PM, RedFire said:

50% average...amazing!

2009- Rookie mistake with a middle of the field pass against the Steelers end of game to take the lead for the win.

2012- Lee Evans drops the ball

2013- Superbowl MVP

2015- Pats cheated with eligbiles, cheated with not letting us sub and cheated with defeated balls. Flacco was out slinging Tom and the pats had to cheat to overcome two 14-point deficits. 

Playoff Joe is the truth! If we can carry the man to the post season he turns into a HOFer!

you gotta be kiddin me?  you're taking his one great year and saying he's Tom Bradied us to greatness?

Now I've read everything here.

Trade baby trade. eat the dead money but get a good number 1 and number 2 for him. course that means we got to draft well and do you really want oz and company making those selections.  Not so much.

On December 29, 2016 at 9:14 AM, jimmypowder said:

While he started off pretty bad , he was starting to get into a groove lately. 

If we had beat Pitt and gotten into the playoffs I think we could have done some real damage. 

Lol. Was this serious? The team could have done damage or Flacco could have? After the Dolphins game Flacco was a roller coaster. He looked good against Philadelphia, despite the fumble that lead to 6 and the interception that Hellen Keller could have seen coming. The patriots game he didn't do bad but he took the safe route and threw dozens of check downs and showed 9 years later that he cannot handle audibles or coverage diagnosis. The steelers game he actually balled out. His receivers let him down. Pitta, Perriman, and Waller should have reeled in three different TDs. The bengals game was another check down mania. 

9 hours ago, mdrsharon said:

When push comes to shove, Joe can show up. The problems are many.

yes,sometimes the accuracy isn't there, because he is not good under blitz pressure. He is a QB who needs time to make the play in the pocket. i still think he needs a great QB coach who he can connect with. He has had a new OC almost every year, no consistency.

dropped balls are a problem, we need some guys with great hands as well as speed. Big plays to open the field would help. 

Of course bottom line is, get in the end zone. Many times I wish we could get in the red zone. But then we need to score TDs.

Joe can do it, he needs help on both sides of the game, quality players and coaches.

Joe wants to be blitzed like all top 10 QBs. Now, Pressure with a front four is deadly as everyone else is in coverage....But that applies to Tom Brady as well. 

2 minutes ago, Rav'n Maniac said:

For a appreciation thread, this one sure went south quickly.

Well, you know.......You can't have people acting like "homers", speaking positively and appreciating the talents of the QB of the team they root for. They need to find a player on a another team to appreciate and ignore their faults because you know, that's what you are supposed to do.   lol

3 minutes ago, Tank 92 said:

Well, you know.......You can't have people acting like "homers", speaking positively and appreciating the talents of the QB of the team they root for. They need to find a player on a another team to appreciate and ignore their faults because you know, that's what you are supposed to do.   lol

I'm with ya Tank. I think they see a thread with Flacco's name in it and it's like, let's rush to go bash it. Obviously, some people live to just complain.

This place has gone insane. 

I think I might leave till the weather gets better or something. 

But the fact remains,,He's no Terry Bradshaw,,,He's no Joe Montana,,And he's no Tom Brady

Look, im a staunch Joe Flacco supporter -- but this thread is silly.

While he played really well at times, he was also a problem in quite a few games.

But, I trust the ship to get righted. Just not in a celebratory mood for an 8-8 season... even though its better than the 9-7 season and non-playoffs we couldve had by winning that last game. Much rather have the better draft pick.

17 hours ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

Look, im a staunch Joe Flacco supporter -- but this thread is silly.

While he played really well at times, he was also a problem in quite a few games.

But, I trust the ship to get righted. Just not in a celebratory mood for an 8-8 season... even though its better than the 9-7 season and non-playoffs we couldve had by winning that last game. Much rather have the better draft pick.

How much does 2016 (1yr) have to do with his overall body of work? This thread is about his overall body of success (4/8 yrs)

Edited by RedFire

On 12/29/2016 at 2:17 AM, Ravens4Real said:

To the person who made this thread, pathetic. 

The last sentence is also hilarious. "If we can carry Joe to the playoffs", the guys is getting paid $20 million a year. Should anyone be having to carry him to the playoffs??

Exactly LMAO !! Heck if you can carry me all week i am pretty sure i can cash the paycheck. 

7 hours ago, RedFire said:

How much does 2016 (1yr) have to do with his overall body of work? This thread is about his overall body of success (4/8 yrs)

Since when the hell is being good at your job 50% of the time good?

Again, people will say Pees collapses in the 4th quarter.  3/4 = 75% but people here don't get the frustration with Joe.   LMAO.

Edited by redrum52

6 minutes ago, redrum52 said:

Clearly when you get to the bottom of a bottle of Jack

Edited by usmccharles

Just now, redrum52 said:

Designated hitter.  Weatherman. 

Just now, usmccharles said:

Clearly when you get to the bottle of a bottle of Jack

Someone is past 50%...

Just now, Moderator 3 said:

Designated hitter.  Weatherman. 

Baseball was first thing that popped into my head after submitting.. Nice touch with weatherman.

Look if Joe had Leveon Bell and Antonio Brown he would beat the Patsies and be on his way to the Super Bowl this year

even though he is not fully recovered from the knee injuries. 

Look if Joe had Leveon Bell and Antonio Brown he would beat the Patsies and be on his way to the Super Bowl this year

33 minutes ago, jimmypowder said:

And if Matt Ryan had our defenses he might have a couple of rings.  If Peyton was on the Pats maybe he doesn't only get 2.  The what if game gets us no where.  Are you going to sit and make an excuse for every qb who has failed then?  

1 hour ago, jimmypowder said:

Right. The point being that the Ravens lack, and have been lacking playmakers.  Some seem to think it's not a requirement, but it's fact that all successful franchises have playmakers other than their QB. 

2 hours ago, jimmypowder said:

nah can't support that any longer.  joe is the prototype one hit wonder.  we need to get some value for him for the tear down that is comin

On 1/4/2017 at 8:24 PM, RayRayRaven said:

nah can't support that any longer.  joe is the prototype one hit wonder.  we need to get some value for him for the tear down that is comin

Let's trade for Dalton then

On 12/28/2016 at 8:23 PM, RedFire said:

50% average...amazing!

2009- Rookie mistake with a middle of the field pass against the Steelers end of game to take the lead for the win.

2012- Lee Evans drops the ball

2013- Superbowl MVP

2015- Pats cheated with eligbiles, cheated with not letting us sub and cheated with defeated balls. Flacco was out slinging Tom and the pats had to cheat to overcome two 14-point deficits. 

But they cant ever hold a lead, and we score 3 or worse in the RZ consistently, so we lose. 

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 8:24 PM, RayRayRaven said:

Wrong thread! Wrong conclusion!! Harry Houdini couldn't turn some of our mediocre WRs into stud WRs like Beckham, Brown, Fitzgerald et cetera. He could make them disappear though. Would you rather have Cap'n Kirk? I hear he's goin to get a big paycheck soon. Maybe we could do a swap or maybe we can get The Red Rifle in a bargain-basement deal with Cincy. Who knows? Maybe they'd consider a two for two deal and we could swap Harbaugh for Hue Jackson too!!! Get real, Ra Ra!!!