RedFire

APPRECIATION THREAD: Joe Flacco was a couple of possessions away from being in 4 Superbowls in 8 years!!!!

280 posts in this topic

50% average...amazing!

 

 

 

2009- Rookie mistake with a middle of the field pass against the Steelers end of game to take the lead for the win.

2012- Lee Evans drops the ball

2013- Superbowl MVP

2015- Pats cheated with eligbiles, cheated with not letting us sub and cheated with defeated balls. Flacco was out slinging Tom and the pats had to cheat to overcome two 14-point deficits. 

 

 

 

Playoff Joe is the truth! If we can carry the man to the post season he turns into a HOFer!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I completely agree he will be our QB until he is done with the game and I'm okay with that I think he is a great QB yes inconsistent at times but we have never given him real weapons for what he's had to work with I give him props and I think next year will be a real eye opener to the flacco haters he's past his injury and I think Looks better then ever.... well besides that 2012 postseason run but my god did he look good then 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look I am a Flacco fan, but an appreciation thread after this season I think is a little much. Also, he isn't going anywhere so why appreciate something that's going to remain here for the foreseeable future right now. Unless you know something I don't....

7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ellicottraven said:

Look I am a Flacco fan, but an appreciation thread after this season I think is a little much. Also, he isn't going anywhere so why appreciate something that's going to remain here for the foreseeable future right now. Unless you know something I don't....

That's like saying Cowboys fans can't appreciate Zeke and Dak right now because they'll be there for a while. Doesn't make sense does it?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the Colts literally hung a banner I laughed...  this is sick.  Please dont tell me this is how bad times have become around here where we compare our team to the Browns and want participation trophies...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, redrum52 said:

When the Colts literally hung a banner I laughed...  this is sick.  Please dont tell me this is how bad times have become around here where we compare our team to the Browns and want participation trophies...

1

I had to look up the banner thing. I'm on the floor.

 

I hope we don't ever do something so stupid

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To the person who made this thread, pathetic. 

The last sentence is also hilarious. "If we can carry Joe to the playoffs", the guys is getting paid $20 million a year. Should anyone be having to carry him to the playoffs??

Edited by Ravens4Real
6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ravens4Real said:

To the person who made this thread, pathetic. 

The last sentence is also hilarious. "If we can carry Joe to the playoffs", the guys is getting paid $20 million a year. Should anyone be having to carry him to the playoffs??

 

Playoffs are important. hence....

 

Tom Brady >>>> Peyton Manning 

-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ellicottraven said:

Look I am a Flacco fan, but an appreciation thread after this season I think is a little much. Also, he isn't going anywhere so why appreciate something that's going to remain here for the foreseeable future right now. Unless you know something I don't....

While he started off pretty bad , he was starting to get into a groove lately. 

If we had beat Pitt and gotten into the playoffs I think we could have done some real damage. 

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Joe but as everyone states all of the time the NFL is a business and Joe needs to play full tilt all season and not just be known for Mr. post-season. Hell, if i just showed up for work only on pay day i would be out of a job very quickly.. LOL  Seriously, Joe has all of the talent when he is motivated so he needs to show it every week (like his "job" depends on it). 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure 2015 is really a great argument. I don't think deflategate actually helped them that much. And the Colts did beat the Ravens earlier that season. 

-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to mention how easy our path to the AFCG wouldve been had we beat Pittsburgh and ended up the #3 seed. 1) Miami at home 2) Oakland  ...both without starting qbs. That would've almost guaranteed us a chance against new England or KC for a trip to Houston. 

 

Makes me sick. Now Pittsburgh has that path. We were so close. Just wasn't meant to be.

10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ravens4Real said:

To the person who made this thread, pathetic. 

The last sentence is also hilarious. "If we can carry Joe to the playoffs", the guys is getting paid $20 million a year. Should anyone be having to carry him to the playoffs??

It's a team sport so he can't do that by himself, can he?

 

Even Rodgers can't even do it if his WR couldn't catch the ball or his defense collapse on the lead.

 

It takes 3 phases to win on Sunday.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, January J said:

Not to mention how easy our path to the AFCG wouldve been had we beat Pittsburgh and ended up the #3 seed. 1) Miami at home 2) Oakland  ...both without starting qbs. That would've almost guaranteed us a chance against new England or KC for a trip to Houston. 

 

Makes me sick. Now Pittsburgh has that path. We were so close. Just wasn't meant to be.

yeah, everything on the table and Joe sees that; the look on the snapshot during post-game press conference tells everything....

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2016 at 8:23 PM, RedFire said:

50% average...amazing!

 

 

 

2009- Rookie mistake with a middle of the field pass against the Steelers end of game to take the lead for the win.

2012- Lee Evans drops the ball

2013- Superbowl MVP

2015- Pats cheated with eligbiles, cheated with not letting us sub and cheated with defeated balls. Flacco was out slinging Tom and the pats had to cheat to overcome two 14-point deficits. 

 

 

 

Playoff Joe is the truth! If we can carry the man to the post season he turns into a HOFer!

Please stop. These what if's and ,"if only's" are unnecessary and only partly reality based. 

"Just get Joe to the playoffs...? So sick of hearing this . He shouldn't be allowed by fans to sleep walk through a majority of regular season games and be, " gotten" to the playoffs. 

He is the leader of this football team. You lead by example....no question who the leader of this team was vs. Pittsburgh...he was the best Raven on the field. Where is this guy the majority of the time?

I hold him to  high standard because I know what he's capable of. I'm disappointed because that Joe shows up only on occasion.

Yes, playoff Joe is a thing. So is getting there once in four years. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2016 at 1:56 PM, Ravenseconbeast said:

"Could've should've maybe"

We should give 49ers our super bowl trophy also if 'maybes' mattered.

 

 

well...what about the buffalo bills 4 superbowl appearances in the 90's? That's still legendary! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2016 at 9:14 AM, jimmypowder said:

While he started off pretty bad , he was starting to get into a groove lately. 

If we had beat Pitt and gotten into the playoffs I think we could have done some real damage. 

 

Look at the way it sets up for the Steelers. If the Raiders retain the #2 seed, the path to the AFC title game for the AFC North champion involves beating Matt Moore at home and beating Matt McGloin on the road.

Not quite the murderers row of QBs we had to beat back in 2012 (Luck, Manning and Brady in three straight weeks)

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2016 at 1:56 PM, Ravenseconbeast said:

"Could've should've maybe"

We should give 49ers our super bowl trophy also if 'maybes' mattered.

Highly ironic post, given that the phrases "could have" and "should have" show up very frequently in the hindsight analysis you provide on these forums.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We could of gone 8 of 8 superbowl champions over the last 8 years if joe threw 8 touchdowns a game, but this is reality not fantasy madden bullcrap, I'll give flacco some appreciation when he plays to what he's payed, and that goes for every player on this team, so far that means I appreciate the rookies for outplaying vets that have bigger salaries

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is this topic not locked? Moderator loves merging threads about how terrible 5 is but this one can stand alone?

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I'm not feeling the meaning or need for this thread right now, it is painful to think that the Ravens were within seconds and inches of what looks to be an easy path back to Foxboro. And while it would seem they really weren't ready to win a championship you never know what could have happened. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bscott57 said:

How is this topic not locked? Moderator loves merging threads about how terrible 5 is but this one can stand alone?

Some are flacco fans first , ravens fans second lol.

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, rmcjacket23 said:

Look at the way it sets up for the Steelers. If the Raiders retain the #2 seed, the path to the AFC title game for the AFC North champion involves beating Matt Moore at home and beating Matt McGloin on the road.

Not quite the murderers row of QBs we had to beat back in 2012 (Luck, Manning and Brady in three straight weeks)

From a normal years perspective I can't be too upset that we missed the playoffs because we made too many of the same mistakes all year and couldn't take it consistently to the next level; however, this breakdown really does bring more pain to missing out, very rarely will the road be that easy. And now the overrated Steelers get it, wow.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now