Neal Could Block the SUN!!

Alex Smith or Joe Flacco???

6 posts in this topic

Folks

I made it to the Championship round at my favorite pub.  Now I need one last push to take home the fame and glory!

I have Joe Flacco through thick and thin and was able to survive some of his less productive outings with a solid roster.  This past week I grabbed Alex Smith (KC QB) of the waiver wire as a stop gap in case Flacco was sporadic in performance against Philadelphia (best option available).  Between Miami, New England, and Philadelphia I have no clue which Joe will show up this weekend.  I think 20 solid points from Smith would be better than a feast or famine Joe.  Not saying that Smith is the better of the two, but maybe the better option this coming week.  Thoughts?

Alex Smith is up against the Titans

Joe Flacco is up against the Steelers (of course)

10 hours ago, Neal Could Block the SUN!! said:

Folks

I made it to the Championship round at my favorite pub.  Now I need one last push to take home the fame and glory!

I have Joe Flacco through thick and thin and was able to survive some of his less productive outings with a solid roster.  This past week I grabbed Alex Smith (KC QB) of the waiver wire as a stop gap in case Flacco was sporadic in performance against Philadelphia (best option available).  Between Miami, New England, and Philadelphia I have no clue which Joe will show up this weekend.  I think 20 solid points from Smith would be better than a feast or famine Joe.  Not saying that Smith is the better of the two, but maybe the better option this coming week.  Thoughts?

Alex Smith is up against the Titans

Joe Flacco is up against the Steelers (of course)

Chiefs played Titans last week and lost 19 - 17.  Shut out(that's a big 0) second half. Broncos this week.  I'd take Flacco.

Edited by Tank 92

Flacco's probably good for 250 - 280 yards and a couple TDs. Alex Smith against the Donkeys? Yeah, I'd go with Flacco.

I'd go Flacco. Smith has scored 14 or under fpts in 10 out of 15 games. 

Not much different with Flacco, but I think he has a better chance against a Pittsburgh defense than Smith against Denver defense. 

Plus, Flacco might throw 73-74 times.

Thanks for the replies.  Based on the comments above, I made a waiver swap and let Alex Smith go and grabbed Matt Barkley. 

Now the choice is Matt Barkley v. Redskins or Joe Flacco v. Steelers. 

Based on the two defenses, I'm leaning towards Barkley who has over 300 yards in his last few games going against a Redskins team that had allowed 350+ in their last few games.  Of course to make things complicated the forecast is rain in Chicago. 

Really need to get this right as I'm in the championship and want them green backs!!:wootwoot: