• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
kjbmore

Free Agency 2017 (Players from Other Teams We Should Consider)

2,503 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, omar586 said:

i hope claiborne isn't another foxworth signing. 

Or a Kyle Arrington. Foxworth was a decent signing imo. 

10 minutes ago, omar586 said:

its up to the coaches to utilize a player strength and make him productive.

Hard to do that with a guy that can't catch the football. It seemed like the tank emptied completely with Jacoby Jones when it did empty.

Just now, hen826957 said:

Sumari Rolle anyone? He was healthy but toasty.

2 minutes ago, EdTheMythicalOne said:

Sumari Rolle anyone? He was healthy but toasty.

You spelled "Samari" wrong by the way. Lol 

In other news, earlier this off season Anquan Boldin had previously stated if he couldn't get another deal done in Detroit that he'd likely retire.

Seems like that news has changed. He has decided not to hang them up yet and is now believed to be seeking a job close to his Florida home.

Maryland isn't exactly close, but it is closer than Detroit.

Boldin I think is a good fit for our team because he gives us that tough, veteran, possession receiver we currently lack and he is a red zone threat. He fights for contested passes which is also something our other receivers often get panned for not doing.

2 minutes ago, hen826957 said:

You spelled "Samari" wrong by the way. Lol 

I didn't look it up. Didn't care enough to do so. Maybe if he played better as a Raven I might have.

Edited by EdTheMythicalOne

53 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

The Chargers just released King Dunlap.  He might be an interesting option on the right side.  He had his best years with our new OL coach.  He's definitely more of a run blocker/road grader type and comes with size.  I'm certainly thinking that option might be realistic.

Dude I'm all about that move. Perfect fit at this point in time. He's potentially the perfect veteran stop gap RT that lets us worry about fixing center before right tackle. Him and Yanda on the right side could be money. What I'd give to watch them collapse the right side on a power play...

Sign me up. He's at least a solid insurance policy if Deondre Wesley -- who I do think is the current frontrunner for RT -- craps the bed. I think that the FO is banking on Wesley starting next year unless we find a pleasant surprise somewhere.

Edited by The Raven

19 hours ago, Halshayeji said:

I'm so sorry bro I thought that was a given. Judon is our current McPhee. He'll play OLB and DE here and there. He'll be a great player for another 3 years then probably land us a comp. I really like this kid

I think you are way, WAY off on this. It is clear to ME that in one year Judon has the tools to surpass McPhee completely.

8 minutes ago, The Raven said:

Dude I'm all about that move. Perfect fit at this point in time. He's potentially the perfect veteran stop gap RT that lets us worry about fixing center before right tackle. Him and Yanda on the right side could be money. What I'd give to watch them collapse the right side on a power play...

Sign me up. He's at least a solid insurance policy if Deondre Wesley -- who I do think is the current frontrunner for RT -- craps the bed. I think that the FO is banking on Wesley starting next year unless we find a pleasant surprise somewhere.

It makes too much sense to me.  Dunlap probably should have always been on the right side, but played LT in SD because they had no other option.  D'Allesandris really turned him into a viable, and even at times, good starter in his time there.  Like you said, I think he's the perfect bridge player to maybe a later round guy that you think can start but might need a year or two of seasoning, much like Wagner.

I have heard time and time again that they like Wesley though.  Certainly fits the size profile and looked good in limited preseason action the last 2 years.  Literally no way of us knowing what we have in him at this point though.  They clearly wanted to keep both him and Nembot based on their IR situations last year.

just read a cowboys article suggesting we are likely to sign claiborne and are trying to re-sign webby as well - if we ended up with both these guys suddenly this free agency period looks unbelievable - making money appear out of thin air...

46 minutes ago, hen826957 said:

Foxworth was good when he was on the field but that was a rare occurrence, and he made a ton of money

31 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

It makes too much sense to me.  Dunlap probably should have always been on the right side, but played LT in SD because they had no other option.  D'Allesandris really turned him into a viable, and even at times, good starter in his time there.  Like you said, I think he's the perfect bridge player to maybe a later round guy that you think can start but might need a year or two of seasoning, much like Wagner.

I have heard time and time again that they like Wesley though.  Certainly fits the size profile and looked good in limited preseason action the last 2 years.  Literally no way of us knowing what we have in him at this point though.  They clearly wanted to keep both him and Nembot based on their IR situations last year.

Looks like done deal to me

33 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

Yeah, Wesley's gotten so few meaningful snaps I can't really say how he is. From what I remember, I was really impressed with his mobility and burst but he seemed to struggle with anchoring against a bull rush. 

47 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

Dunlap right now is dealing with some off the field issue. He was arrested for violating  the protection order in which i believe his ex girl friend has against him. He could be a option for The Ravens if  the charges and etc are dropped.

Edited by jazz1988

1 hour ago, EdTheMythicalOne said:

In other news, earlier this off season Anquan Boldin had previously stated if he couldn't get another deal done in Detroit that he'd likely retire.

Seems like that news has changed. He has decided not to hang them up yet and is now believed to be seeking a job close to his Florida home.

Boldin I think is a good fit for our team because he gives us that tough, veteran, possession receiver we currently lack and he is a red zone threat. He fights for contested passes which is also something our other receivers often get panned for not doing.

I would be fine bringing boldin back for the vet minimum. He can play the slot and move the chains. But it would be wrong to bring him in and think he'll take over as #1 again

Edited by Davesta

1 hour ago, hen826957 said:

Speaking of Kyle Arrington, l think once Morris Claiborne is sign here l believe he gets cut. Use that space and sign "Zack Brown."

2 hours ago, purpletide said:

Great player. He's young, but plagued with injuries. As much as he will improve the secondary, I don't like the chance of re-injuring himself. What do you think this does to the draft situation? One less urgent matter for the draft, but I'm not sure if we look for a game-breaker, address another need, or still go with an early corner with the depth.

We will still address corner early. We'll just be stacked at the position incase we get plagued with injury at the position like 2014.

1 hour ago, EdTheMythicalOne said:

That is one reunion I could get behind. Nobody would expect him to be the #1 or put up huge numbers- just a reliable chain mover. He's still got juice left- caught more TDs last year than Wallace and Smith combined. 

King Dunlap would also be a great pickup. If we end up with any 2 out of him, mangold, Claiborne and Boldin I'll be very excited.

Hell we'll take all the old chargers castoffs lol

5 minutes ago, hen826957 said:

Speaking of Kyle Arrington, l think once Morris Claiborne is sign here l believe he gets cut. Use that space and sign "Zack Brown."

Arrington isn't cut yet because he needs to be medically cleared first, Ravens aren't waiting to sign another vet before releasing him

1 minute ago, allblackraven said:

Arrington isn't cut yet because he needs to be medically cleared first, Ravens aren't waiting to sign another vet before releasing him

Thanks for the clarify, but it's looks like it's guarantee he gets cut.

Just now, hen826957 said:

Thanks for the clarify, but it's looks like it's guarantee he gets cut.

Yep, I think he was the most obvious one of all.

1 hour ago, gtalk12 said:

I think you are way, WAY off on this. It is clear to ME that in one year Judon has the tools to surpass McPhee completely.

I respect your opinion and I really hope your right. Judon did show flashes of being great but kind of faded as the year went on. For that reason, I wouldn't hand him the reigns just yet but I'd gladly admit that I was wrong if he gets 10 sacks and earns a starting role.

1 hour ago, allblackraven said:

Looks like done deal to me

At this point, just give Weddle a job in the front office. I hope we are interested in him, would be a great pickup and cheaper option than Wagner. So... are we going to start collecting former Chargers instead of Texans now?

7 minutes ago, JO_75 said:

At this point, just give Weddle a job in the front office. I hope we are interested in him, would be a great pickup and cheaper option than Wagner. So... are we going to start collecting former Chargers instead of Texans now?

Nah, next year we re-commit our efforts back to Houston and bring Hopkins

Claiborne is actually a really solid signing. He might not play like he had hoped for after being a first round pick, but he provides excellent depth. Get Dunlap next and this would be a very successful offseason minus the draft. 

13 minutes ago, allblackraven said:

Hopkins and Watt(to replace Jernigan who is a FA) correct?

1 minute ago, JO_75 said:

Hopkins and Watt(to replace Jernigan who is a FA) correct?

Watt unfortunately won't be available before he becomes useless

To be the Top Defense in 2017 Ravens need Shutdown Corner. Besides #22 Jimmy Smith, Ravens do not have elite cornerback.  I would like to see Eric DeCosta & Ozzie Newsome to try to make a deal on Patriots CB Malcolm Butler. We know Pat's traded away their 1st rounder to NO, so their first pick will be at #64. I see an opportunity for Ravens here. Could we make a deal to trade our 1st rounder for Butler? Could we make our secondary better than Seahawks or Broncos? 

41 minutes ago, Deflated Football said:

Claiborne is actually a really solid signing. He might not play like he had hoped for after being a first round pick, but he provides excellent depth. Get Dunlap next and this would be a very successful offseason minus the draft. 

We need clear starter next to Jimmy Smith. I don't know if Claiborne is the answer. I think we have plenty of depth CB's, but not a clear Solid Shutdown Corner. And even if we draft talented one, how long before he could make an impact? What we need is someone like Malcolm Butler.

12 minutes ago, Martin Maryland said:

To be the Top Defense in 2017 Ravens need Shutdown Corner. Besides #22 Jimmy Smith, Ravens do not have elite cornerback.  I would like to see Eric DeCosta & Ozzie Newsome to try to make a deal on Patriots CB Malcolm Butler. We know Pat's traded away their 1st rounder to NO, so their first pick will be at #64. I see an opportunity for Ravens here. Could we make a deal to trade our 1st rounder for Butler? Could we make our secondary better than Seahawks or Broncos? 

I would not wait until 5th May to leave the forum if we traded 1st rounder for Butler.

1 hour ago, allblackraven said:

I would lose my mind if we got DeAndre Hopkins next year.  It'd be such a fantastic signing

20 minutes ago, Martin Maryland said:

I would lose my mind if this happened also, but for the opposite reason.  This would be a huge blunder by the front office to trade the #16 pick for Malcolm Butler