• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
kjbmore

Free Agency 2017 (Players from Other Teams We Should Consider)

2,450 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, omar586 said:

i think BARWIN would b a nice addition along with MANGOLD.

I think Zach Brown would be a better addition than Barwin. Replace Zach Orr perfectly and was in the Pro bowl last year. 149 tackles, 4 sacks, and 1 int last year and is still a free agent. 

23 minutes ago, hen826957 said:

I think Zach Brown would be a better addition than Barwin. Replace Zach Orr perfectly and was in the Pro bowl last year. 149 tackles, 4 sacks, and 1 int last year and is still a free agent. 

It's not all about those numbers. He had the good contract year at Titans as well but finished last year on a low note, kind of disappeared. That being said, he is very good in coverage, Brown and Jefferson together would be great tandem for our zone.

4 minutes ago, allblackraven said:

It's not all about those numbers. He had the good contract year at Titans as well but finished last year on a low note, kind of disappeared. That being said, he is very good in coverage, Brown and Jefferson together would be great tandem for our zone.

I agree. 👍

I think someone should kick the tires on Cordarelle Patterson. We could get him cheap and grab a WR in maybe the second or third round.

1 minute ago, Ulawun said:

I think someone should kick the tires on Cordarelle Patterson. We could get him cheap and grab a WR in maybe the second or third round.

I don't think he brings anything at WR. Almost all of his limited production comes on manufactured touches... screens, quick slants, etc. 

He doesn't separate well, doesn't run routes, doesn't have good hands. Nothing that we need. 

And for what he'll likely cost his return skills just aren't worth it imo. Camp/Moore/Dixon/Reynolds and maybe a draft pick should give us what we need in the return game. 

Camp is a very good PR. I'm happy with that. 

as a KR/PR he's better than what we have. plus a change of scenery is what he needs, remember Jacoby in Houston,

21 minutes ago, omar586 said:

as a KR/PR he's better than what we have. plus a change of scenery is what he needs, remember Jacoby in Houston,

Remember Jacoby here. One good season, then Sweet Pea.

4 hours ago, The Raven said:

I do, but I don't think he's what we should be looking for. I'd like to see us find a long term answer in the first round of the draft.

Well it depends on what you consider "long term". The NFL is a win now league. So basically no one really thinks 6 or 7 years down the road unless your talking QB. 

Here's how I look at it. If you draft someone then there's absolutely no guarantee that the player stays on your team after the rookie deal(4 years). Even if you do keep the player, your paying market value and that's like signing the best FA in that position. So I'd say a 3 or 4 year starter is long term. In Connor Barwin case, he's 30 and in Pass Rusher years he still has gas in the tank.

now Barwin or not the Ravens should take a pass rusher with one of the first 2 picks regardless. With that being said, there's no guarantee that pass rusher is a 3 down NFL ready pass rusher day one. (Those guys will probably be gone in the top 10)

so ideally we'd have Barwin and Suggs starting 2017 and a rookie playing in situations where he excels untill he is 100% NFL ready. Next year, Suggs (35) can play in specific situations and Barwin would start with that rookie.

i really think Barwin is a perfect fit! He's the perfect guy as we transition to the next generation of pass rushers without real downtime

16 minutes ago, Halshayeji said:

Well it depends on what you consider "long term". The NFL is a win now league. So basically no one really thinks 6 or 7 years down the road unless your talking QB. 

Here's how I look at it. If you draft someone then there's absolutely no guarantee that the player stays on your team after the rookie deal(4 years). Even if you do keep the player, your paying market value and that's like signing the best FA in that position. So I'd say a 3 or 4 year starter is long term. In Connor Barwin case, he's 30 and in Pass Rusher years he still has gas in the tank.

now Barwin or not the Ravens should take a pass rusher with one of the first 2 picks regardless. With that being said, there's no guarantee that pass rusher is a 3 down NFL ready pass rusher day one. (Those guys will probably be gone in the top 10)

so ideally we'd have Barwin and Suggs starting 2017 and a rookie playing in situations where he excels untill he is 100% NFL ready. Next year, Suggs (35) can play in specific situations and Barwin would start with that rookie.

i really think Barwin is a perfect fit! He's the perfect guy as we transition to the next generation of pass rushers without real downtime

No mention of Judon? 

4 hours ago, hn68wb4 said:

Do you think Darrelle Revis is done? his drop off last year was steep and he admitted to weight issues, but I think somewhere I read that he lost a bunch of weight already for next season. Just throwing that out there.

Don't hold this against me if I'm wrong because Iv never encountered such a weird situation and contract. Sorry it's gonna be a long one....

1- I have never seen a superstar fall off a cliff so fast in my life. Like he didn't decline, he just nose dived! Part of that is his desire to play for the sorry jets, part of it is his injury ( revis was arguably the best bump CB in history and you can't do that with a busted wrist) And finally Father Time took its toll on him in those 2 years so no one really knows how much he has left in the tank. Are we ever going to see revis island again, probably not. Is he worse than 64 starting NFL CBs, I doubt it.

2- his contract is so weird. The Jets are on the hook for the first 6 or 8 million of his contract. So basically if a team signs him for the minimum, the Jets pay the rest. If a team signs him for 10 mil, the jets pay 6 of that. Here's the catch. If revis stays at home or retires that money is gone. Thus, I find it hard to believe that he's just gonna throw away 6 million dollars.

3- Then there is his arrest. If that isn't resolved then no one is touching him with a wooden stick. If he does resolve that then you will see teams showing interest. The risk is literally zero to sign him and the jets are forced to pay the difference.

Last but not least, I want to see how much pride Revis still has. Last year, he wasn't just bad. He was literally getting picked on by young cats. The NFL literally had to intervene to prevent him from getting insulted publicly. If revis feels that he can't recover from that then he should just retire. Don't even think of that 6 mil because all the money in the world can't buy your reputation back. On the other hand, if revis can be 70 or 80 percent of what he was. I can see him helping a team. Let's say he goes to the patriots for the minimum. The jets pay him 5 mil and Gilmore plays agains the best WR every week. That leaves Revis against #2 WRs on a week to week basis. I think he can pull that off and retire on a good note. O certainly hope he doesn't if that's how he does it lol

16 minutes ago, Jonah DeVito said:

No mention of Judon? 

I'm so sorry bro I thought that was a given. Judon is our current McPhee. He'll play OLB and DE here and there. He'll be a great player for another 3 years then probably land us a comp. I really like this kid

Edited by Halshayeji

14 minutes ago, Halshayeji said:

Don't hold this against me if I'm wrong because Iv never encountered such a weird situation and contract. Sorry it's gonna be a long one....

1- I have never seen a superstar fall off a cliff so fast in my life. Like he didn't decline, he just nose dived! Part of that is his desire to play for the sorry jets, part of it is his injury ( revis was arguably the best bump CB in history and you can't do that with a busted wrist) And finally Father Time took its toll on him in those 2 years so no one really knows how much he has left in the tank. Are we ever going to see revis island again, probably not. Is he worse than 64 starting NFL CBs, I doubt it.

2- his contract is so weird. The Jets are on the hook for the first 6 or 8 million of his contract. So basically if a team signs him for the minimum, the Jets pay the rest. If a team signs him for 10 mil, the jets pay 6 of that. Here's the catch. If revis stays at home or retires that money is gone. Thus, I find it hard to believe that he's just gonna throw away 6 million dollars.

3- Then there is his arrest. If that isn't resolved then no one is touching him with a wooden stick. If he does resolve that then you will see teams showing interest. The risk is literally zero to sign him and the jets are forced to pay the difference.

Last but not least, I want to see how much pride Revis still has. Last year, he wasn't just bad. He was literally getting picked on by young cats. The NFL literally had to intervene to prevent him from getting insulted publicly. If revis feels that he can't recover from that then he should just retire. Don't even think of that 6 mil because all the money in the world can't buy your reputation back. On the other hand, if revis can be 70 or 80 percent of what he was. I can see him helping a team. Let's say he goes to the patriots for the minimum. The jets pay him 5 mil and Gilmore plays agains the best WR every week. That leaves Revis against #2 WRs on a week to week basis. I think he can pull that off and retire on a good note. O certainly hope he doesn't if that's how he does it lol

I don't believe that's how it works. 

The contract only effects what happens between the Jets and Revis -- not the team that signs him. 

Revis will make at minimum the $6 or $8m whatever it is. If we paid him $2m, the Jets would have to pay him the difference. 

If someone pays him $10m the Jets don't have to pay anything. It only comes into play if Revis makes less than the contract number and the Jets won't be paying anything FOR his new team. 

They only pay Revis if his new team doesn't pay him up to that threshold. 

5 minutes ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

I don't believe that's how it works. 

The contract only effects what happens between the Jets and Revis -- not the team that signs him. 

Revis will make at minimum the $6 or $8m whatever it is. If we paid him $2m, the Jets would have to pay him the difference. 

If someone pays him $10m the Jets don't have to pay anything. It only comes into play if Revis makes less than the contract number and the Jets won't be paying anything FOR his new team. 

They only pay Revis if his new team doesn't pay him up to that threshold. 

Thanks for clearing that up

Either way, I don't think any GM is stupid enough to offer him more than 6 mil at this point lol

Edited by Halshayeji

2 hours ago, EdTheMythicalOne said:

Without Jacoby Jones, This franchise has 1 super bowl ring instead of two..... just food for thought. 

3 hours ago, EdTheMythicalOne said:

remember the SB

3 hours ago, Tyler said:

Without Jacoby Jones, This franchise has 1 super bowl ring instead of two..... just food for thought. 

now doan be talkin facts to opinon ty, that can be confusin. myself thought jj was the mvp that game but u know

Mangold or flowers wouldn't cost us a compensatory pick. I think they are our best bet and would be great additions. I just can't wait to get the notification asayin zuttah has been released lol

Looks like Morris Claiborne is expected to come over and provide some depth. We're looking good.

1 hour ago, January J said:

Mangold or flowers wouldn't cost us a compensatory pick. I think they are our best bet and would be great additions. I just can't wait to get the notification asayin zuttah has been released lol

Really hope Mangold is brought along but that seems doubtful right now, it really depends on his market, he would be such a well needed addition here and one that we would love to have. If healthy and still shown that he can play at a competitive level, then it would be a game-changer for this OL. 

Edited by PurpleCity5

28 minutes ago, reed20 said:

Looks like Morris Claiborne is expected to come over and provide some depth. We're looking good.

Great player. He's young, but plagued with injuries. As much as he will improve the secondary, I don't like the chance of re-injuring himself. What do you think this does to the draft situation? One less urgent matter for the draft, but I'm not sure if we look for a game-breaker, address another need, or still go with an early corner with the depth.

2 hours ago, January J said:

I really think Mangold would have come off the boards by now.  There are some from NY saying his performance wasn't all that great the last couple of years.  I don't think we need to pump out cash to a veteran past his prime.  Zuttah probably won't be released until June.  Ravens don't want the cap hit and they've nothing to lose keeping him until then. 

Green Bay is going be on the prowl for a C and a Guard now with Tretter and Lang signing elsewhere.....If we're going to strike, now is the time for a FA guard/center.

The Chargers just released King Dunlap.  He might be an interesting option on the right side.  He had his best years with our new OL coach.  He's definitely more of a run blocker/road grader type and comes with size.  I'm certainly thinking that option might be realistic.

5 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

The Chargers just released King Dunlap.  He might be an interesting option on the right side.  He had his best years with our new OL coach.  He's definitely more of a run blocker/road grader type and comes with size.  I'm certainly thinking that option might be realistic.

Get on it Weddle!

Morris Claiborne is a great pick up; he's past injuries are concerning but we have dominant Tavon Young to fill the void just in case. I want them to sign one more player and that's Zach Brown to replace Zach Orr. 

1 hour ago, redlobster said:

and the mile high miracle

That was more a broken coverage on the defense than it was anything special Jacoby Jones did. I am not saying he was worthless, but we got that one season out of him and he was gone...and I think he's better than Patterson is at WR.

15 hours ago, RayRayRaven said:

now doan be talkin facts to opinon ty, that can be confusin. myself thought jj was the mvp that game but u know

And the facts are:

Was a very good return man while in Baltimore, probably had his best seasons ever.

Was a decent receiver, not a great one.

The playoff miracle catch was more of the deep safety forgetting his assignment and then falling down. It wasn't that Flacco launched a perfect pass, or that Jacoby blew off the LOS and beat his man. If my memory serves, Jacoby actually had to stop and wait for the pass.

After 2012 he was not nearly as effective and he all but disappeared in 2014. He played for two other teams in 2015 and never caught a pass for any of them and he didn't play in 2016.

Patterson has almost completely vanished as an offensive weapon. He is a kick returner only whereas Jacoby Jones was a KR & PR.

Nothing confusing about those facts.

12 minutes ago, EdTheMythicalOne said:

That was more a broken coverage on the defense than it was anything special Jacoby Jones did. I am not saying he was worthless, but we got that one season out of him and he was gone...and I think he's better than Patterson is at WR.

its up to the coaches to utilize a player strength and make him productive.

Barwin would be a nice pick up for us, simply because he's a disruptive player, just imagine that with the DLine we have.