kjbmore

Free Agency 2017 (Players from Other Teams We Should Consider)

2,450 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Ravens4Real said:

Still trying to figure out why one of Watson or Pitta weren't cut to make this type of move? Why do we have 5 TE's on the roster. We could surely cut Watson or Pitta and let a young guy step up.

The pick of Max looks worse and worse by the week. If he can't beat out some of these old hurt vets, then get rid of him too.

Most likely bc they're still trying to do pay cuts or restructures. Even if not if they aren't signing someone imminently they might as well keep them. 

Bc if we don't necessarily need the extra space it won't hurt to have 2 experienced and formerly productive vets at TE.

I sometimes agree with the idea that u don't want vets blocking the path of promising younger players... but ultimately if the younger players are better there's no one in their way. 

54 minutes ago, hn68wb4 said:

So there's a difference between camp cuts and cap cuts in your mind? He's still a good player and will more or less know the defense from the start, will he be as good as he was when he left? no, but that's why he's depth and not a starter, interesting how that works. Just because you sign one quality backup doesn't mean you can't have a young depth piece too. But hey, we've never had problems with injuries before, so why not just hang our season hopes on everyone staying completely healthy.

Are you interested in him as S or CB depth?? Or just DB depth in general?

1 hour ago, Tank 92 said:

He may be catching passes from Colt McCoy instead of Captain Kirk.

Nope - cousins signed the franchise tag I think

39 minutes ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

Are you interested in him as S or CB depth?? Or just DB depth in general?

At this point he's SS depth, but he's not bad in coverage, he'd be another safety that blurs the line between safety spots for us.

Releasing Pitta or Watson, one of which is gone anyway to be able to sign Pryor seems like a no brainer. They must have ALOT more faith in BP than anyone else. 

24 minutes ago, rossihunter2 said:

Nope - cousins signed the franchise tag I think

He did but he's now signed 1y $24M deal

Well I don't think anything major will be done at WR. I think the team is putting way too much on Perriman's plate, if you want to rely on him as the #2 then fine, but at the moment he's sort of the #1 of the team. He's going to demand more targets and they're going to force him the targets nessecary to play as a #1. I really think Mike Wallace is a good #2 but I don't think the way he ended the season indicates that he should be the #1 guy going forward. I think the Ravens really believe that Perriman is going to be star in this league and are going to roll the dice big time on his potential.

48 minutes ago, terrynjulia03 said:

Releasing Pitta or Watson, one of which is gone anyway to be able to sign Pryor seems like a no brainer. They must have ALOT more faith in BP than anyone else. 

Ever think it might have more to do with a lack of faith in Pryor?

1 hour ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

Most likely bc they're still trying to do pay cuts or restructures. Even if not if they aren't signing someone imminently they might as well keep them. 

Bc if we don't necessarily need the extra space it won't hurt to have 2 experienced and formerly productive vets at TE.

I sometimes agree with the idea that u don't want vets blocking the path of promising younger players... but ultimately if the younger players are better there's no one in their way. 

If Pitta didn't restructure he would have been cut and I doubt he would have that strong of a market. Other teams saw the same things we did from him last season. I think because he redid his deal that Ben Watson is now gone. That still leaves us with Pitta, Williams, Gillmore, Boyle, and Waller. Perhaps one of them becomes some sort of hybrid FB and takes Juice's spot on the roster.

52 minutes ago, PurpleCity5 said:

Well I don't think anything major will be done at WR. I think the team is putting way too much on Perriman's plate, if you want to rely on him as the #2 then fine, but at the moment he's sort of the #1 of the team. He's going to demand more targets and they're going to force him the targets nessecary to play as a #1. I really think Mike Wallace is a good #2 but I don't think the way he ended the season indicates that he should be the #1 guy going forward. I think the Ravens really believe that Perriman is going to be star in this league and are going to roll the dice big time on his potential.

That's not to say that they don't draft a Mike Williams or a Corey Davis in the first round to pair with him. Or if not the 1st, Zay Jones, Juju Smith-Schuster, and so on in other rounds. Signing a Jeffrey or a Pryor to a 1 year deal wouldn't make sense to me, honestly. Perriman has the measurables, draft a guy to pair with him and see if this team can actually DEVELOP a group of wide receivers for a change. 

11 minutes ago, hn68wb4 said:

Reportedly Malcolm Butler also a part of the deal

The Pats get to keep Butler, he is not part of the deal.

Just now, EdTheMythicalOne said:

The Pats get to keep Butler, he is not part of the deal.

Saw that, don't mind me, Confora just an idiot

1 minute ago, hn68wb4 said:

Saw that, don't mind me, Confora just an idiot

I wanted to give La Canfora the benefit of the doubt this free agency but he's been wrong on so many things so far.  He's really bad at his job.  Sacrifices being right for being first.

14 minutes ago, hn68wb4 said:

Reportedly Malcolm Butler also a part of the deal

They are pushing  their chips all in with Brady only having a cpl years left. 

Ealy and now Cooks. 

Thats a scary, scary team. 

I think that Cooks trade is good for both teams. The Saints get more picks in a stacked draft to help rebuild their team while send Cooks out of the conference. And Pats are loaded for another run in the near future.

4 minutes ago, Deflated Football said:

Why can't we ever make moves like the Patriots do?

Too busy restructuring the contracts of washed up players.. while Bill sends them packing after the first sign of decline and acquires the 24 year old better version of that player. 

Edited by Edug27

i think we end up trading down in 1st round, and somehow end up with WR Juju in 2nd rnd.

5 minutes ago, Edug27 said:

Too busy restructuring the contracts of washed up players.. while Bill sends them packing after the first sign of decline and acquires the 24 year old better version of that player. 

Yea well having the greatest QB of all time certainly helps that. 

Wont be as easy to be so stingy when he's gone. Just watch. 

1 minute ago, omar586 said:

still waiting on arrington Cut, watson cut, 

Both could take a while if they haven't been medically cleared. 

Otherwise could face I believe injury settlements

18 minutes ago, Edug27 said:

I see people can't handle the truth. I'm not sure our management even knows what it takes to win these days. Why is pitta restructured? There is zero confidence to find young talent on this team. Management is terrified of a player leaving. Even if he is a declined shell of himself. Management is terrified of finding replacements. Known for begging players not to retire. Don't care if he is declined or injured in Zachary Orrs case. Wanted the guy to risk his neck literally! Pretty pathetic 

Edited by PurpleHorseman

26 minutes ago, RaineV1 said:

I think that Cooks trade is good for both teams. The Saints get more picks in a stacked draft to help rebuild their team while send Cooks out of the conference. And Pats are loaded for another run in the near future.

Bree's and Texans makes sense. Round 1 pick in 2018 draft for Bree's. Texans are one team that can contend with patriots if it has the QB. When Watt returns that team could be scary with a QB

9 minutes ago, PurpleHorseman said:

I see people can't handle the truth. I'm not sure our management even knows what it takes to win these days. Why is pitta restructured? There is zero confidence to find young talent on this team. Management is terrified of a player leaving. Even if he is a declined shell of himself. Management is terrified of finding replacements. Known for begging players not to retire. Don't care if he is declined or injured in Zachary Orrs case. Wanted the guy to risk his neck literally! Pretty pathetic 

Same people complaining "how could we let Wagner walk for $10m/yr" also saying "terrified to let anyone leave."

interesting........

and that report of us asking Orr to reconsider came from the same guy who reported just before that that the reason we were meeting him was to sign an extension. 

Believe what you want. They even said there was no way he could ever get medically cleared again. Why would they "beg him to reconsider" when their own doctors wouldn't clear him to play. 

I get your agenda is to smash to FO... but let's at least deal in facts or reality. 

Edited by BOLDnPurPnBlacK

54 minutes ago, Tank 92 said:

it probably wont happen this year anymore - cousins wont turn down the 24 mill because he knows its essentially a 1 year rental

38 minutes ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

They are pushing  their chips all in with Brady only having a cpl years left. 

Ealy and now Cooks. 

Thats a scary, scary team. 

couple of years? not to sound like a troll but brady is changing everything - itll be just everyone else's luck that he decides to defy the sands of time and play well into his 40s