• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
kjbmore

Free Agency 2017 (Players from Other Teams We Should Consider)

2,454 posts in this topic

I have to wonder if the Ravens will get heavily involved in Pryor. 

Many teams are balking at paying him $10M per year, and the Ravens paid Wallace around $8M, so we know the Ravens ARE willing to pay.

Have to wonder if the Ravens would pony up $9M per year to have Wallace/Pryor/Perriman. That'd make me one happy fan and would make Joe very happy.

13 minutes ago, ravensdan said:

16 mil for a second round pick?  I'd hardly call that a great move. 

All the cap they have, they know they aren't in it this year, they take the cap hit, tank for another year as expected, and they have 26 picks in the next 2 drafts.

this was the most brilliant piece of team managing I've seen as far as I can recall

9 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

Many teams are balking at paying him $10M per year, and the Ravens paid Wallace around $8M, so we know the Ravens ARE willing to pay.

Have to wonder if the Ravens would pony up $9M per year to have Wallace/Pryor/Perriman. That'd make me one happy fan and would make Joe very happy.

If the browns don't think he's worth it with all their cap space, I think it's a red flag. I don't see him as a #1 

I think Cordarrelle Patterson is a free agent, I don't think it would be a break the bank deal to get him to come to Baltimore.

Besides Pryor, what free agent out there would help this team alot and not be a CAP issue?

Edited by Sunday QB

24 minutes ago, Davesta said:

If the browns don't think he's worth it with all their cap space, I think it's a red flag. I don't see him as a #1 

The Browns aren't exactly the greatest decision makers 

10 minutes ago, Sunday QB said:

I think Cordarrelle Patterson is a free agent, I don't think it would be a break the bank deal to get him to come to Baltimore.

Besides Pryor, what free agent out there would help this team alot and not be a CAP issue?

If Boldin isn't dead set on his retirement if he doesn't get a deal from Detroit, I think he's a fit for this team. If you look at our WR corps now and assume Kamar Aiken is gone, this is what you have:

Mike Wallace: Speed Burner

Breshard Perriman: Speed Burner

Chris Moore: Speed Burner

Michael Campanaro: Route Runner/slot

Keenan Reynolds: Route Runner/slot

We don't have that tough possession/fights for the ball guy that can just pick up some first downs and be a redzone threat.

10 minutes ago, EdTheMythicalOne said:

If Boldin isn't dead set on his retirement if he doesn't get a deal from Detroit, I think he's a fit for this team. If you look at our WR corps now and assume Kamar Aiken is gone, this is what you have:

Mike Wallace: Speed Burner

Breshard Perriman: Speed Burner

Chris Moore: Speed Burner

Michael Campanaro: Route Runner/slot

Keenan Reynolds: Route Runner/slot

We don't have that tough possession/fights for the ball guy that can just pick up some first downs and be a redzone threat.

I hope we see a lot from Chris Matthews in training camp to give him a shot this year.

44 minutes ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

All the cap they have, they know they aren't in it this year, they take the cap hit, tank for another year as expected, and they have 26 picks in the next 2 drafts.

this was the most brilliant piece of team managing I've seen as far as I can recall

The move is high risk/high reward. They probably are trading for Garoppolo, and if they use that 2nd on him, he might cost them something like a 1st and a pair of 2nd's (one of which they essentially bought for $16M). If he plays well, it's a good move. If not, they not only lost the picks but got themselves into some dead money as well.

33 minutes ago, Sunday QB said:

Michael Floyd maybe. Red flags but on a cheap prove it deal it could pay off. 

4 minutes ago, Number23 said:

The move is high risk/high reward. They probably are trading for Garoppolo, and if they use that 2nd on him, he might cost them something like a 1st and a pair of 2nd's (one of which they essentially bought for $16M). If he plays well, it's a good move. If not, they not only lost the picks but got themselves into some dead money as well.

Even still the Brock trade nets them a pick or picks they wouldn't have had anyways and so lessens the picks lost in a Jimmy G trade. Essentially just giving up a first bc they recoup the other picks they'll have to trade to land him. 

Either way the Brock move was brilliant on their part. 

And it's now possible they only eat $8m and trade Brock for a 2018 3rd. 

So 2017 4th, 2018 2nd and 3rd for $8m in '17 dead cap where they have more cap space than they can spend on players????

How exactly could it be a negative for them?

49 minutes ago, Davesta said:

They made him an offer just not as high as he wanted and now he's finding out that no ones offering what he wants. 

And no ones considering the possibility that maybe Pryor doesn't really want to go back to the Browns. He's not exactly young, they don't have a QB, and signed Britt. Lots of guys to share the ball with at WR and prob aren't gonna throw the ball much with how they just built the line + no QB. 

Pryor may be thinking if he can get equal money on a team that can win he'd much rather leave. 

21 minutes ago, Sunday QB said:

I hope we see a lot from Chris Matthews in training camp to give him a shot this year.

He's had what, two seasons now to show something and he's been leap frogged by Aiken, Butler, and even Dan Brown. He is a big body and was a weapon in the super bowl, but he's been a ghost since. It is like he's got Marlon Brown's plague. Sure, I hope he shows something to deserve a roster spot, or maybe even Waller wakes up and can be that guy. If not I think the Ravens need to draft that guy or try to find him on the FA market.

y'all are crazy.. I don't want any of these free agent WRs left.. now that BMARSH and Alshon are gone, none of these people would be good enough for us to be worth the cash.. and I ABSOLUTELY don't want old man boldin in here..

We need to focus on bringing back Brandon Williams, make sure we do all we can to strengthen the OL.. and then TAKE MIKE WILLIAMS. if that requires moving up a few picks who cares.. do it..

also pick up a corner in the second or third round (deeeeeeep CB class) and get as a good a RT as possible after Mike in the draft

Let webb walk, let pitta walk and let Kyle Arrington walk..

I am SICK of small body receivers. I want a 6'3" 200-250lb+ WR with HANNNNNDS.. are you going to send breshad over the middle against james Harrison or hightower lol he will shatter..

Imagine if we had a megatron WR for Joe... If bisciotti is willing to trade an entire draft for matt ryan, he absolutely would be willing to trade up a few picks to snag mike

Edited by PurpleandBlackBlood

1 hour ago, BmoreBird22 said:

We were interested as of yesterday but I haven't heard of any visits. I hope we at least bring him in since he'll be in Washington for a visit 

Edited by Deflated Football

10 minutes ago, PurpleandBlackBlood said:

y'all are crazy.. I don't want any of these free agent WRs left.. now that BMARSH and Alshon are gone, none of these people would be good enough for us to be worth the cash.. and I ABSOLUTELY don't want old man boldin in here..

We need to focus on bringing back Brandon Williams, make sure we do all we can to strengthen the OL.. and then TAKE MIKE WILLIAMS. if that requires moving up a few picks who cares.. do it..

also pick up a corner in the second or third round (deeeeeeep CB class) and get as a good a RT as possible after Mike in the draft

Let webb walk, let pitta walk and let Kyle Arrington walk..

I am SICK of small body receivers. I want a 6'3" 200-250lb+ WR with HANNNNNDS.. are you going to send breshad over the middle against james Harrison or hightower lol he will shatter..

Imagine if we had a megatron WR for Joe... If bisciotti is willing to trade an entire draft for matt ryan, he absolutely would be willing to trade up a few picks to snag mike

250 lb receiver?? That's called a TE  we have 20 of them already.

Breshad is 6'2" and over 200lbs. He's thin in the legs but big upper body. 

Pryor is like 6'4" 215. Big dude. 

Not sold on Williams. Not a good route runner and is slower. Treadwells skill set hasn't projected to the NFL and I see Williams as somewhat similar. Prob better overall but he's not the slam dunk everyone makes him out to be. I like Davis much better. 

I agree OL should be a priority and CB depth in the 2nd/3rd. But I'd much rather grab Barnett in the first if he's there. Prob would take Foster over a WR too. Tim Williams and maybe Charles Harris. Those would be a close call. 

And if BWill is gonna cost us $9-10m idk. Love him and at $8m/yr or so I'd be happy with it. But don't wanna break the bank for a NT who only plays 60% of our D snaps. 

Especially when Pierce, albeit in limited snaps, looked like a monster run stopper but with much better penetration as opposed to just eating blocks (though he does that too) and far better pass rush. 

Edited by BOLDnPurPnBlacK

35 minutes ago, Number23 said:

If they cut him, the dead money lasts for only one year, in a year where they have 100m in space and zero chance of contending. 

Zero risk all reward, no immediate payoff but definitely big picture a brilliant move

5 minutes ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

If they cut him, the dead money lasts for only one year, in a year where they have 100m in space and zero chance of contending. 

Zero risk all reward, no immediate payoff but definitely big picture a brilliant move

Exactly. 

The argument that if they use those picks on Jimmy G and he's not good then it's a bad move doesn't make sense. 

If they didn't make the Brock move then they'd still be trading picks. Now if they include a 2018 2nd in the Jimmy G deal they still have another 2nd left to pick a player. 

And if they can now flip Brock again, only eating $8m in dead cap while grabbing an additional 2018 3rd in the process -- the move is genius. Period. 

Taking an unusable asset (cap space... cap space they couldn't use even if they tried to sign every FA available) to grab up draft assets.

Edited by BOLDnPurPnBlacK

11 minutes ago, Deflated Football said:

We were interested as of yesterday but I haven't heard of any visits. I hope we at least bring him in since he'll be in Washington for a visit 

Eric Weddle is working on that as we speak.

1 minute ago, JO_75 said:

Eric Weddle is working on that as we speak.

What's this you speak of???

1 minute ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

What's this you speak of???

Just a reference to the fact Weddle recruited Tony Jefferson to sign with us.

12 minutes ago, JO_75 said:

Just a reference to the fact Weddle recruited Tony Jefferson to sign with us.

Haha alright. 

I thought u meant he actually was... like a twitter interaction or something you saw. 

If Williams comes at to high of a price I'm good with him walking, I have to believe in what I saw in Pierce, Jernigan, and Carl Davis.

They key here is Carl Davis, his rookie year he came out looking like some sort of possessed animal and then trailed off towards the end which was a concern going into that draft for him. 2nd year he was hurt. I want to see this guy on the field

1 hour ago, Deflated Football said:

The Browns aren't exactly the greatest decision makers 

I think The Browns have been moving a little smart this off season . They offered Pryor  8 millon a year and he turned it down because he thinks that his market value is at 9 or 10 million a year.  No team at this moment is willing to pay that much and it's telling that other receivers with less production/upside  have been signed to  long term deals and he  still a free agent. Pryor agent for some reason believes his client has shown enough to be paid like one of the top receivers in The NFl but teams are playing it smart and believe one year  for a player to play at  the wide receiver position for the first time for a season isn't enough to warrant such a big pay.

Jeff Zrebiec‏ @jeffzrebiecsun

Ravens agency confirms that it's a 5-year deal for Williams to stay. Big re-sign for Ravens who had prioritized re-signing Williams.

8:41 PM · Mar 9, 2017

I'm super hype about retaining Williams. 

At first I was a little down on him after he faded down the stretch, but the entire defense faded with him. He is the anchor of that front seven. I'm hype.

4 minutes ago, jazz1988 said:

I think The Browns have been moving a little smart this off season . They offered Pryor  8 millon a year and he turned it down because he thinks that his market value is at 9 or 10 million a year.  No team at this moment is willing to pay that much and it's telling that other receivers with less production/upside  have been signed to  long term deals and he  still a free agent. Pryor agent for some reason believes his client has shown enough to be paid like one of the top receivers in The NFl but teams are playing it smart and believe one year  for a player to play at  the wide receiver position for the first time for a season isn't enough to warrant such a big pay.

So.... I saw a report Pryor got offered a 3 year deal $65 million dollar contract via Adam Schefter........

Did anybody else see this earlier? My buddies and I were laughing.

3 minutes ago, trevorsteadman said:

So.... I saw a report Pryor got offered a 3 year deal $65 million dollar contract via Adam Schefter........

Did anybody else see this earlier? My buddies and I were laughing.

I don't see that any where..