kjbmore

Free Agency 2017 (Players from Other Teams We Should Consider)

2,450 posts in this topic

On 11/22/2016 at 6:36 PM, kjbmore said:

Is it too early to start a free agency thread for 2017?

was reading the cowboys post game good bad ugly thread - talk of a bit of cap space rolling around if we clean house - $20 mil or so

i think we can plug a few with our early draft picks - cb, rush, centre - but its still going to leave a few holes

one area i hope we spend some money because im sick of our anemic offense, cant put points on the board, have struggled in the redzone since our superbowl win and surely we cant wait any longer or waste any more of flaccos career - if steve smith retires, we dont know what we have in perriman, if we draft somebody, its going to leave a need at another position or  trying to throw a lower pick at that area of concern,  wouldnt mind throwing some cash at the receiver position - i think its time we gave joe a nice big target again - im thinking terrelle pryor - with wallace and perriman could be a nice group - like pryor hes got some fire about him

anyway lot of season still to be played but whatever can always dream - who would you like to see on the ravens sideline

Yes i've been saying that as well too we need pryor to help complete ou4 reciever core..imagine... Perriman and pryor outside, mike wallace slot, joe flacco will push defenders out the box... Draft another OL (garret bolles) first round and CB second round (kevin king) and 3rd rounds two more OL ...guarntee we become top 5 off and top 5 def..

Incarcerated Bob reporting that Torrey to Ravens is a go. It's not Schefter or a true reputable source but this guy is pretty spot on and has broke some other deals early. 

I actually think Torrey has made some strides as a player since he left. The stat sheet may not show it but he has certainly been getting better. I think he could have a big bounce back year, the transition should be seamless. Wonder what this means for Wallace, likely will be cut unless we try to kill teams with speed, I kinda like the Wallace/Torrey/Perriman/Moore combo.

1 hour ago, sflegend89 said:

Incarcerated Bob reporting that Torrey to Ravens is a go. It's not Schefter or a true reputable source but this guy is pretty spot on and has broke some other deals early. 

I actually think Torrey has made some strides as a player since he left. The stat sheet may not show it but he has certainly been getting better. I think he could have a big bounce back year, the transition should be seamless. Wonder what this means for Wallace, likely will be cut unless we try to kill teams with speed, I kinda like the Wallace/Torrey/Perriman/Moore combo.

Not even close to a formidable unit. Not one of those players can consistently get open intermediate level between the hash. Wallace and Torrey aren't exactly spring chickens. But are one trick pony's. Ravens go cheap again while we fans try to convince ourselves like always that it was the perfect move to make. Not even close.

1 minute ago, PurpleHorseman said:

Not even close to a formidable unit. Not one of those players can consistently get open intermediate level between the hash. Wallace and Torrey aren't exactly spring chickens. But are one trick pony's. Ravens go cheap again while we fans try to convince ourselves like always that it was the perfect move to make. Not even close.

Well, if they pick up Pryor and let Wallace go it could make sense. 

4 hours ago, BOLDnPurPnBlacK said:

It's his quickness that matters. 

Good route runner, shifty and gets open quick. Separation. 

Doesnt need to rely on speed which takes time to separate. 

Helps with pass protection and is a reliable safety net for Joe to get 4-5 yards whenever he needs it plus the toughness to get YAC. 

People forget. Before the ACL tear he was one of the better fantasy RBs the prior two years. Really effective runner and great in the passing game. 

And he can play on the field with Dixon. Flex either one to the slot. Both could run, chip, stay in and block or go out on a pattern. 

Love this signing. 

A 32 year old RB?? Why are you convincing yourself this is some game changing move? We have Dixon. Joe doesn't need any further checkdown nets. This team is being ran into the ground now. Think a week ago if  somebody told us the big offensive acquisitions would be 32 yr old Woodhead and bringing Torrey back? We would be like your joking.

50 minutes ago, Davesta said:

I'm going to bed, hoping I don't wake up to the news of us signing Torrey smith. 

Here's something for when you wake up

1 hour ago, allblackraven said:

Here's something for when you wake up

Well let me just drink myself to sleep

I really have no problem with bringing Torrey back. I welcome anyone who can score TDs. I do wonder if they're going to keep Wallace.  

I don't mind bring back Torrey Smith if it doesn't mean they stop looking for another receiver.

Is that dude Bronson healthy? Maybe we don't need to sign a  pass rusher to replace Doom.. I would like to get another CB or move Webb back to CB

5 hours ago, PurpleHorseman said:

A 32 year old RB?? Why are you convincing yourself this is some game changing move? We have Dixon. Joe doesn't need any further checkdown nets. This team is being ran into the ground now. Think a week ago if  somebody told us the big offensive acquisitions would be 32 yr old Woodhead and bringing Torrey back? We would be like your joking.

I didn't same its game changing. 

Why are you crying like its franchise killing?

And who says these are the big offensive acquisitions? Trading Woodhead for resigning Juice saves money. I wouldn't agree with it but if they sign Torrey and cut Wallace to save money it could very well be to add a Pryor or Alshon. 

Let it play out and stop crying. We haven't even hit free agency yet and you're whining about what we haven't done. 

Stephon Gilmore is going to New England. Cross him off your list.

Rapaport is saying it will eclipse $14M per year.

Have to believe NE won't retain Malcolm Butler next year.

Edited by BmoreBird22

1 minute ago, BmoreBird22 said:

Rapaport said Perry is going back to the Packers. Another name off the market.

@ 11 mil + a year tho

Just now, bravensfan52 said:

@ 11 mil + a year tho

For a premiere talent, you gotta pay up.

I'd be more willing to pay Perry $11M per year than Gilmore $14M per year, honestly.

1 minute ago, bravensfan52 said:

At this point I think we are drafting Robinson and getting a CB in the second round.

I don't think Robinson is viewed as a first round talent, honestly. 

Reiff is still out there, too.

7 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

Forgot that. Reiff and mangold. Dom oline

Forgot that. Reiff and mangold. Dom oline

I'd rather not get Mangold. He's old and hasn't been nearly the same lately.

Just now, BmoreBird22 said:

I'd rather not get Mangold. He's old and hasn't been nearly the same lately.

Upgrade over zutta for sure tho

1 minute ago, bravensfan52 said:

Upgrade over zutta for sure tho

No, not really. I'd say while Zuttah isn't the best, they're right on par with each other lately.

At this point I think we are drafting Robinson and getting a CB in the second round.

I'd be shocked by this. Robinson isn't viewed as a first round talent and with the incredible top end talent of corner, teams are going to fly to them quickly, meaning the Ravens will need one early. Plus, pass rusher is going to dry up very quickly.

32 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

ive been watching more of robinson's tape and he looks like a strong first round pick to me - but probably as a guard rather than a tackle

Just now, rossihunter2 said:

ive been watching more of robinson's tape and he looks like a strong first round pick to me - but probably as a guard rather than a tackle

And the Ravens won't be looking for a guard.

Just now, BmoreBird22 said:

And the Ravens won't be looking for a guard.

i didnt say hed be a ravens first round pick - was just saying he's got first round talent

44 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

Stephon Gilmore is going to New England. Cross him off your list.

Rapaport is saying it will eclipse $14M per year.

Have to believe NE won't retain Malcolm Butler next year.

I wonder if NE thinks or knows that Butler might be getting snatched from another team willing to pony up a first rounder and long term contract