kjbmore

Free Agency 2017 (Players from Other Teams We Should Consider)

2,450 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, PurpleCity5 said:

I like what Wallace did here as well, but if we're paying Britt that $8M salary than having Mike Wallace at that 8M cap hit just isn't something you would want. I think Perriman kind of relieves Wallace of his duties, being that speed guy and someone who can highpoint the ball and make those tough grabs, things that I don't think are Wallace strongest qualities. I'd also point to Wallace 2nd half decline, to be honest with you it's something I would be concerned about. 

Watching the Falcons offense, iv notice that outside of Julio they have guys who just get free runs, what I mean by that is play designs that get guys open. I want to see more from that from the Ravens, scheme guys open when playing a zone coverage. 

Personally, I love a Perriman-Britt pairing. For one, Kenny Britt could really do some great things here, he was really limited in the Rams offense. We all know about Perriman and the things that held him back, I feel that his route running is going to be worked on this off season and if he improves on that then I'm thinking he truly breaks out next season. We could have 2 1,000 yard WRs IMO. 

I don't think Wallace is playing at 8M next year for the Ravens at all. If he stays it's gonna be at a lower cap number. He either takes the pay cut or get cut. I can't see him here at 8M. Wallace is really limited in this offense. Much like Pitta his numbers look good but  imo he's one of the guys that held this offense back after watching the games again. If he can win off the LOS then he's an option on those slants and shallow crosses. However if the CB plays tight man he usually doesn't win. 

Yea they definitely have guys outside of Julio, which is one of the biggest reasons I want Britt, but having Jones really helps to open things up for that offense. I think he only had like 4 catches but you see that even with Sherman on, the Hawks defense gave him a ton of attention. Ravens definitely need to scheme better, but something else I noticed watching the games again was that the Ravens schemed guys like Wallace, Sr and Pitta to match up 1on1 with a MLB numerous times and they didn't win. So while scheme needs to improve, the players have to win. 

For me the Perriman-Britt pairing would be great because they are basically the same WR but go about things differently. Both are big physical guys who can work every area of the field. With Britt you have a guy who works the intermediate areas so well that the it opens up down field opportunities for him. Because he uses his body well, you rarely see him getting jammed at the LOS because DBs can't stop him from getting to his spot. He really dominate that 12-16 yard range. With 4 yards or more to go on 3rd downs Britt's numbers are eye popping. 35 targets 25recs 71% with 16 1st downs converted. This opens things up down field for him. With Perriman he's more of a speed guy who will be able to get to any spot he wants because DBs will be scared of him running past them. If he learns how to use his big body the Ravens have something special on their hands. Britt at 6'3 225 and Perriman at 6'3 210 would cause some problems on the outside. 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2017 at 7:40 PM, JO_75 said:

The Rams are likely to let "Jeff Fisher guys" walk in FA, including WR Kenny Britt. What do you guys think his value will be?

I never liked Britt, he didn't appeal to me at Rutgers and doesn't appeal to me now. Wallace is ok, but if you have hit him when he's wide open or in stride, because he will never win a contested ball. It's time for Perriman to supplant Wallace and we should add a chain mover like Kendall Wright. He would be asset in our offense, and we can add another Wr in the draft.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cillmatic said:

Bush is washed.

You never know,,Ravens sign him and then bamm he runs wild and wins the Ed Block award after season 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Steve0x said:

You never know,,Ravens sign him and then bamm he runs wild and wins the Ed Block award after season 

Just makes zero sense to bring in a 31 year old running back that cant stay healthy and hasnt looked good in 3 years when we have Dixon and West

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, usmccharles said:

Just makes zero sense to bring in a 31 year old running back that cant stay healthy and hasnt looked good in 3 years when we have Dixon and West

Dixon and West are not super stars. 

-3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Steve0x said:

Dixon and West are not super stars. 

And a RB that finished with negative yards is?

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ravensfan23 said:

I don't think Wallace is playing at 8M next year for the Ravens at all. If he stays it's gonna be at a lower cap number. He either takes the pay cut or get cut. I can't see him here at 8M. Wallace is really limited in this offense. Much like Pitta his numbers look good but  imo he's one of the guys that held this offense back after watching the games again. If he can win off the LOS then he's an option on those slants and shallow crosses. However if the CB plays tight man he usually doesn't win. 

Yea they definitely have guys outside of Julio, which is one of the biggest reasons I want Britt, but having Jones really helps to open things up for that offense. I think he only had like 4 catches but you see that even with Sherman on, the Hawks defense gave him a ton of attention. Ravens definitely need to scheme better, but something else I noticed watching the games again was that the Ravens schemed guys like Wallace, Sr and Pitta to match up 1on1 with a MLB numerous times and they didn't win. So while scheme needs to improve, the players have to win. 

For me the Perriman-Britt pairing would be great because they are basically the same WR but go about things differently. Both are big physical guys who can work every area of the field. With Britt you have a guy who works the intermediate areas so well that the it opens up down field opportunities for him. Because he uses his body well, you rarely see him getting jammed at the LOS because DBs can't stop him from getting to his spot. He really dominate that 12-16 yard range. With 4 yards or more to go on 3rd downs Britt's numbers are eye popping. 35 targets 25recs 71% with 16 1st downs converted. This opens things up down field for him. With Perriman he's more of a speed guy who will be able to get to any spot he wants because DBs will be scared of him running past them. If he learns how to use his big body the Ravens have something special on their hands. Britt at 6'3 225 and Perriman at 6'3 210 would cause some problems on the outside. 

 

I doubt Wallace is playing at that number and I did notice some of Wallace struggles in tight man, what he excelled against was man coverage and struggled against the zone, which isn't a huge surprise given the nature of the coverage. He struggled with it more on those crossing routes though and I think our slower guys struggled with that, Pitta really did because not only did he not beat linebackers/safeties but he just didn't get to those soft spots on defenses, which is unusual because that's something Pitta always did well.

Julio for sure helps, but even in games where he didn't play, I just noticed how the Falcons just had guys open in play after play. The Falcons just did a great job in exploiting defenses and got guys who had free releases, defenses played back because of the speed guys and they managed to have WRs matched up on linebackers in numerous plays and yeah, their guys won. 

I really do agree with your opinion on the Perriman/Britt pairing, the Ravens were 23rd in the league in 3rd down conversions in the league, to add to that in YPP(Yards Per Play), the Ravens were 24th with 5.2...That's just awful. I think we can attribute a lot of that from those dump-offs to the RB/Pitta that went nearly nowhere. Converting on 3rd down, getting 1st downs, and YPP have to be three things that need to improve going into next season. 

I honestly feel really good about the offense. If we decide to keep Wagner, and upgrade the C spot, then I think we could have a top 5 OL. Not only that but I feel really good about Kenneth Dixon and one of the TEs breaking out. 

Edited by PurpleCity5
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Steve0x said:

Dixon and West are not super stars. 

Neither is Reggie bush. However they both have done more splitting carries in one year than bush has done in multiple years. 

Next.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There were rumors about this, and if true, would anyone want the Ravens to try to trade for Brandin Cooks? If so, what do you think it would take to bring him on from NO? Also on this note, what are some teams and players you could see being traded specifically at the WR position? We've gone that route before with Boldin so its not out of the question. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2017 at 9:23 PM, rmcjacket23 said:

While these are all hypothetical salary ranges, keep in mind that if you were to sign somebody like Britt to, say, a 4 year deal at an $8M AAV, his first year cap hit would likely be a lot less than that... maybe even in the $4-5M range. 

So you could afford to have both of those players playing at a cap hit in the range of $12-15M if you wanted to. Not sure we will pay that much for a "complimentary" receiver as the FO referenced though, but Wallace only has one more year on his deal and probably isn't a player we are interested in keeping beyond 2017 anyway. So if you only had those cap concerns for a single season, it could be feasible. 

Again, not saying we will go this route, but I don't think we will spend that kind of money on a receiver. 

We could technically have both, but I don't think the Ravens go that route, I think it's possible the Ravens structure his contract to take the cap hit early on, but at the same time with Jernigan and Mosley hitting FA they probably would push the money to take his cap later on but of course that makes cutting him later a bit tougher. 

 

I don't think the Ravens would view Britt as just a complimentary WR when he hits the market. I think Oz would view Britt as a stud. When you look at the #s, it's impressive given in the type of offense he was in, it was an awful one and the QB situation was just too much to go through. The Ravens might view Britt as a problem solver for the 3rd down and YPP woes. Yeah, Ozzie doesn't overpay for guys, but what he does love is a bargain. I think a guy like Britt who'll get $7-8M who can do so much for this O would present some good value. I don't think there is someone just as good as Britt or better at that price. After Britt they I don't think they pay anyone. They probably would just settle for a complimentary option and call it a day. 

Edited by PurpleCity5
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, juanman7 said:

There were rumors about this, and if true, would anyone want the Ravens to try to trade for Brandin Cooks? If so, what do you think it would take to bring him on from NO? Also on this note, what are some teams and players you could see being traded specifically at the WR position? We've gone that route before with Boldin so its not out of the question. 

All that was quashed by NO. He didn't have any targets in one game and someone wanted to be clever speculating on trade. He went 1st round and showed he's that good, might only cost more in a trade, so even if that was an option, Ravens would never do it, I reckon.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2017 at 1:41 AM, JoeyFlex5 said:

release doom and pitta, try to cut and re-sign webb. let wagner walk since hes rumored to be seeking 10m a year. right price only for bwill. 

move alex lewis to RT. commit to bolstering the interior through the draft, trade back and take a dan feeney or quenton nelson, or hope to land forrest lamp or dorian johnson in the 3rd. make a strong push for JC tretter in FA, hope for guillermo to fall to you in the 3rd. 

make a push for vincent jackson to be a big bodied dependable veteran, thats the kind of FA signing flacco has done very well with. then make a push for either robert woods or kenny britt, do you think perriman is legit? then go for robert woods who is the cheaper less risky options. do you think you desperately need a #1 and playmaker because perriman isnt the guy? go for kenny britt. 

thats a general outline id like to see for our free agency.

I for the most part agree with you; although I might try to re-negotiate a deal/seek a paycut with Pitta before outright releasing him due to his chemistry with Flacco--but, we can't afford him back in my opinion on his current deal--so if he doesn't do that, then he's gone--much like Webb I believe.

My gut has always been to move Lewis to RT too, but it seems like the Ravens are not interested in that--there have been many comments by Harbaugh and others that they see Lewis as a guard.  I still think you can't overpay Wagner, so that means probably looking for a quality RT in the draft.

I definitely think we need another WR as well and I would be happy with any of those 3 names-Jackson, Woods, or Britt--depending on price. 

I think those are the realistic things I would like to see in free agency--of course if a C, CB, S, or pass rusher suddenly come avaiable at the right price (not likely) I would love to upgrade there.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PurpleCity5 said:

We could technically have both, but I don't think the Ravens go that route, I think it's possible the Ravens structure his contract to take the cap hit early on, but at the same time with Jernigan and Mosley hitting FA they probably would push the money to take his cap later on but of course that makes cutting him later a bit tougher. 

 

I don't think the Ravens would view Britt as just a complimentary WR when he hits the market. I think Oz would view Britt as a stud. When you look at the #s, it's impressive given in the type of offense he was in, it was an awful one and the QB situation was just too much to go through. The Ravens might view Britt as a problem solver for the 3rd down and YPP woes. Yeah, Ozzie doesn't overpay for guys, but what he does love is a bargain. I think a guy like Britt who'll get $7-8M who can do so much for this O would present some good value. I don't think there is someone just as good as Britt or better at that price. 

But that's the point... I think the Ravens are looking for a complimentary receiver, not a #1 WR. That's why I don't think they'll shoot for one of the more expensive FA WRs on the market. I don't suspect we would spend more than $5-6M for such a player.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, PurpleCity5 said:

I doubt Wallace is playing at that number and I did notice some of Wallace struggles in tight man, what he excelled against was man coverage and struggled against the zone, which isn't a huge surprise given the nature of the coverage. He struggled with it more on those crossing routes though and I think our slower guys struggled with that, Pitta really did because not only did he not beat linebackers/safeties but he just didn't get to those soft spots on defenses, which is unusual because that's something Pitta always did well.

Julio for sure helps, but even in games where he didn't play, I just noticed how the Falcons just had guys open in play after play. The Falcons just did a great job in exploiting defenses and got guys who had free releases, defenses played back because of the speed guys and they managed to have WRs matched up on linebackers in numerous plays and yeah, their guys won. 

I really do agree with your opinion on the Perriman/Britt pairing, the Ravens were 23rd in the league in 3rd down conversions in the league, to add to that in YPP(Yards Per Play), the Ravens were 24th with 5.2...That's just awful. I think we can attribute a lot of that from those dump-offs to the RB/Pitta that went nearly nowhere. Converting on 3rd down, getting 1st downs, and YPP have to be three things that need to improve going into next season. 

I honestly feel really good about the offense. If we decide to keep Wagner, and upgrade the C spot, then I think we could have a top 5 OL. Not only that but I feel really good about Kenneth Dixon and one of the TEs breaking out. 

Yeah I agree about that Falcons offense. It just seems wide open. I didn't realize Coleman was that fast. I don't know if I just missed his speed coming out of Indiana or playing in that offense makes him look fast. Kind like the greatest show on turf, all those guys weren't blazers but that offense made them look untouchable in space. I think the Ravens would be wise to look at how that offense is built and run because we have a lot of the same weapons minus a Julio of course. 

I like the offense as well. I like it even more with Roman now in the mix. Having more balance will open up space for play action and we've seen what guys like Perriman, Dixon and Wallace can do in space. I'd love Britt to sign but the most important position is Center. I think Alex Mack helps that ATL offense so much. I don't know if it's draft, trade or Skura from the PS but the Ravens have to improve the Center. Improve there and I think LG takes care of itself with Stanley on the outside. If Lewis turns into a stud it's just a plus. 

Can't wait for the SB to be over so the draft and FA season can start. I think I like this time of year more than the season. How this team goes about improving will be interesting to me. 

Also looking going back to the falcons, I think a guy like Kenny Bell could battle his way onto this team and be a Gabriel or Robinson type deep threat. I really liked him in college and think a handful of snaps per game might be beneficial

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, PurpleCity5 said:

I doubt Wallace is playing at that number and I did notice some of Wallace struggles in tight man, what he excelled against was man coverage and struggled against the zone, which isn't a huge surprise given the nature of the coverage. He struggled with it more on those crossing routes though and I think our slower guys struggled with that, Pitta really did because not only did he not beat linebackers/safeties but he just didn't get to those soft spots on defenses, which is unusual because that's something Pitta always did well.

Julio for sure helps, but even in games where he didn't play, I just noticed how the Falcons just had guys open in play after play. The Falcons just did a great job in exploiting defenses and got guys who had free releases, defenses played back because of the speed guys and they managed to have WRs matched up on linebackers in numerous plays and yeah, their guys won. 

I really do agree with your opinion on the Perriman/Britt pairing, the Ravens were 23rd in the league in 3rd down conversions in the league, to add to that in YPP(Yards Per Play), the Ravens were 24th with 5.2...That's just awful. I think we can attribute a lot of that from those dump-offs to the RB/Pitta that went nearly nowhere. Converting on 3rd down, getting 1st downs, and YPP have to be three things that need to improve going into next season. 

I honestly feel really good about the offense. If we decide to keep Wagner, and upgrade the C spot, then I think we could have a top 5 OL. Not only that but I feel really good about Kenneth Dixon and one of the TEs breaking out. 

Yeah I agree about that Falcons offense. It just seems wide open. I didn't realize Coleman was that fast. I don't know if I just missed his speed coming out of Indiana or playing in that offense makes him look fast. Kind like the greatest show on turf, all those guys weren't blazers but that offense made them look untouchable in space. I think the Ravens would be wise to look at how that offense is built and run because we have a lot of the same weapons minus a Julio of course. 

I like the offense as well. I like it even more with Roman now in the mix. Having more balance will open up space for play action and we've seen what guys like Perriman, Dixon and Wallace can do in space. I'd love Britt to sign but the most important position is Center. I think Alex Mack helps that ATL offense so much. I don't know if it's draft, trade or Skura from the PS but the Ravens have to improve the Center. Improve there and I think LG takes care of itself with Stanley on the outside. If Lewis turns into a stud it's just a plus. 

Can't wait for the SB to be over so the draft and FA season can start. I think I like this time of year more than the season. How this team goes about improving will be interesting to me. 

Also looking going back to the falcons, I think a guy like Kenny Bell could battle his way onto this team and be a Gabriel or Robinson type deep threat. I really liked him in college and think a handful of snaps per game might be beneficial

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won't go through the effort of quoting anyone since it's been a discussion for awhile and I've only been popping in here and there recently, but here are my thoughts on the WR names mentioned in this thread:

1.  Mike Wallace - I'm no longer of the opinion that he's a lock to stay, but I still think it's incredibly likely.  In fact, I believe he'll stay at his current cap number even if we don't get a small extension done, which I believe is the likeliest course of action.  If you do let him go, you're looking at this team then having to invest into 2 or maybe even 3 receivers to fill the void, because they can't and shouldn't trust Perriman to step up just yet.  He's not ready.  For that reason, Wallace likely stays.

2.  Kenny Britt - I want to like Britt so much, but at the same time, I have so many concerns.  He's sort of reinvented himself as a quiet, solid contributor in STL/LA, but still doesn't jump off the pages for me.  I know some high prices have been quoted and I wouldn't be interested in him anywhere near that price, even though that's pretty much what contracts are nowadays.  He's going to be looking to cash in since this will be his only big contract, and he'll be 29 years old.  I feel at that age, this could easily turn into another bad contract that we really need to start avoiding.

3.  Kendall Wright - This one makes a ton of sense to me as a 1 year, prove it type of deal.  With that being said, I don't think he can be your only addition because I don't think he's exactly the type of guy the FO has in mind.  Wright is the only guy I see in this instance that you might drop Wallace for, and that's because I still think you need to add someone else with Wright.  I think they're looking for that big, physical WR who can move the chains.  Wright is a chains mover but not the contested ball type.

4.  Pierre Garcon - I still think Garcon is the perfect fit but I honestly don't know what his price tag is going to be.  I fear it's going to be too high, and thus, carry the risk of a bad contract like I fear could be the case with Britt.  If teams do look at this age though and the offers stay reasonable, he's still the guy I want.  There's not a better fit out there in terms of skill set.

5.  Vincent Jackson - This one is just a no for me.  He hasn't been healthy and doesn't represent any sort of multi-year option, which means we'd be doing this over again next year.  At least guys like Britt and Garcon have a couple of years left.

6.  Robert Woods - This is my second want to Garcon.  He may not fit the exact style of play that we might be looking for, but I think he'd be a great option for us in the slot.  He may not have ever lived up to his draft expectations, but he's turned into a solid WR in Buffalo and I think he'd do well here.  I don't think he'll be too expensive and you could probably snag him for a decent 3 year deal.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rmcjacket23 said:

But that's the point... I think the Ravens are looking for a complimentary receiver, not a #1 WR. That's why I don't think they'll shoot for one of the more expensive FA WRs on the market. I don't suspect we would spend more than $5-6M for such a player.

Not to say that Britt is a #1 but he could play at a really high level. I also wouldn't rule out on the FO shelling out money for a WR. Let's not forget that we did trade for Boldin a while back and I think his cap number was fairly high at the time we got him. A lot of people including me said that paying Weddle just isn't something the Ravens would do and they got him.

I don't think the Ravens are opposed to giving someone good money as long as they're getting a really good player at a good price. The Ravens know what they need on offense, someone who can keep drives alive and being a big body in the redzone. I think Oz would look at Britt to a solution to his problems. 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rmw10 said:

I won't go through the effort of quoting anyone since it's been a discussion for awhile and I've only been popping in here and there recently, but here are my thoughts on the WR names mentioned in this thread:

1.  Mike Wallace - I'm no longer of the opinion that he's a lock to stay, but I still think it's incredibly likely.  In fact, I believe he'll stay at his current cap number even if we don't get a small extension done, which I believe is the likeliest course of action.  If you do let him go, you're looking at this team then having to invest into 2 or maybe even 3 receivers to fill the void, because they can't and shouldn't trust Perriman to step up just yet.  He's not ready.  For that reason, Wallace likely stays.

2.  Kenny Britt - I want to like Britt so much, but at the same time, I have so many concerns.  He's sort of reinvented himself as a quiet, solid contributor in STL/LA, but still doesn't jump off the pages for me.  I know some high prices have been quoted and I wouldn't be interested in him anywhere near that price, even though that's pretty much what contracts are nowadays.  He's going to be looking to cash in since this will be his only big contract, and he'll be 29 years old.  I feel at that age, this could easily turn into another bad contract that we really need to start avoiding.

3.  Kendall Wright - This one makes a ton of sense to me as a 1 year, prove it type of deal.  With that being said, I don't think he can be your only addition because I don't think he's exactly the type of guy the FO has in mind.  Wright is the only guy I see in this instance that you might drop Wallace for, and that's because I still think you need to add someone else with Wright.  I think they're looking for that big, physical WR who can move the chains.  Wright is a chains mover but not the contested ball type.

4.  Pierre Garcon - I still think Garcon is the perfect fit but I honestly don't know what his price tag is going to be.  I fear it's going to be too high, and thus, carry the risk of a bad contract like I fear could be the case with Britt.  If teams do look at this age though and the offers stay reasonable, he's still the guy I want.  There's not a better fit out there in terms of skill set.

5.  Vincent Jackson - This one is just a no for me.  He hasn't been healthy and doesn't represent any sort of multi-year option, which means we'd be doing this over again next year.  At least guys like Britt and Garcon have a couple of years left.

6.  Robert Woods - This is my second want to Garcon.  He may not fit the exact style of play that we might be looking for, but I think he'd be a great option for us in the slot.  He may not have ever lived up to his draft expectations, but he's turned into a solid WR in Buffalo and I think he'd do well here.  I don't think he'll be too expensive and you could probably snag him for a decent 3 year deal.

Out of the three I would say Woods along with Wright is the most likely. He should come in at a low price and the Ravens need production out of the slot. 

As for Wallace, I think he goes if the Ravens upgrade the #1 spot. From what I've seen the Ravens are relying on Perriman to step up big time regardless if Wallace stays or not. You just got to not only trust his draft position but the potential as well, what rmc said certainly isn't wrong, the Ravens are looking for a complimentary guy so someone like Woods would only fill the void as a #3. He's not going into the off-season next year with the same off-field situations and injuries, he's going in with the opportunity to build a relationship with Joe and work on his craft, something he wasn't able to do. 

A lot of people and my self are talking about Perriman as a #2, but funny thing is Harbaugh talked about him as a potential #1. I think the guy is going to have plenty of expectations going into next season. 

Garcon is going to get paid, but his age could effect things and Vincent Jackson is a #3 at this point. 

Edited by PurpleCity5
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ravensfan23 said:

Yeah I agree about that Falcons offense. It just seems wide open. I didn't realize Coleman was that fast. I don't know if I just missed his speed coming out of Indiana or playing in that offense makes him look fast. Kind like the greatest show on turf, all those guys weren't blazers but that offense made them look untouchable in space. I think the Ravens would be wise to look at how that offense is built and run because we have a lot of the same weapons minus a Julio of course. 

I like the offense as well. I like it even more with Roman now in the mix. Having more balance will open up space for play action and we've seen what guys like Perriman, Dixon and Wallace can do in space. I'd love Britt to sign but the most important position is Center. I think Alex Mack helps that ATL offense so much. I don't know if it's draft, trade or Skura from the PS but the Ravens have to improve the Center. Improve there and I think LG takes care of itself with Stanley on the outside. If Lewis turns into a stud it's just a plus. 

Can't wait for the SB to be over so the draft and FA season can start. I think I like this time of year more than the season. How this team goes about improving will be interesting to me. 

Also looking going back to the falcons, I think a guy like Kenny Bell could battle his way onto this team and be a Gabriel or Robinson type deep threat. I really liked him in college and think a handful of snaps per game might be beneficial

ATL has speed guys all over the place its crazy.

I think the offensive line is a Center away from being great, if Wagner is retained. I expect great things from Stanley and Lewis should progress. I'm a big fan of Dixon and I feel like he's going to make his mark. Center is very important right now for us and I think the Ravens are looking for someone big and strong there, I think it could arrive via trade because the FA market is dry and I don't know if the Ravens can be aggressive there in the draft.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PurpleCity5 said:

Out of the three I would say Woods along with Wright is the most likely. He should come in at a low price and the Ravens need production out of the slot. 

As for Wallace, I think he goes if the Ravens upgrade the #1 spot. From what I've seen the Ravens are relying on Perriman to step up big time regardless if Wallace stays or not. You just got to not only trust his draft position but the potential as well, what rmc said certainly isn't wrong, the Ravens are looking for a complimentary guy so someone like Woods would only fill the void as a #3. He's not going into the off-season next year with the same off-field situations and injuries, he's going in with the opportunity to build a relationship with Joe and work on his craft, something he wasn't able to do. 

A lot of people and my self are talking about Perriman as a #2, but funny thing is Harbaugh talked about him as a potential #1. I think the guy is going to have plenty of expectations going into next season. 

Garcon is going to get paid, but his age could effect things and Vincent Jackson is a #3 at this point. 

I don't see him as a #1 next season either, but boy is this offseason a crucial one for him. He's gotta long ways to go to make that leap to be our #1. I do like the fact that Flacco will work with him and the other guys just so they can be on the same page. 

59 minutes ago, PurpleCity5 said:

ATL has speed guys all over the place its crazy.

I think the offensive line is a Center away from being great, if Wagner is retained. I expect great things from Stanley and Lewis should progress. I'm a big fan of Dixon and I feel like he's going to make his mark. Center is very important right now for us and I think the Ravens are looking for someone big and strong there, I think it could arrive via trade because the FA market is dry and I don't know if the Ravens can be aggressive there in the draft.

 

 

I envy the Falcons offense to the point where I become sad watching them. It's funny how you mentioned being a center away because I believe the best addition the Falcons made was bringing in Alex Mack. He's done wonders for them.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DomMcRaven said:

I don't see him as a #1 next season either, but boy is this offseason a crucial one for him. He's gotta long ways to go to make that leap to be our #1. I do like the fact that Flacco will work with him and the other guys just so they can be on the same page. 

I envy the Falcons offense to the point where I become sad watching them. It's funny how you mentioned being a center away because I believe the best addition the Falcons made was bringing in Alex Mack. He's done wonders for them.

I actually see the a lot of Julio in Perriman. Problem is Perriman was less polished out of college and got hurt right away. I think in a year or two he will break out. Obviously we cannot count on him being as good as Julio, but I do think those splash plays he made were a sign of things to come. Need a guy to develop him more.

Also watching Tevin Coleman yesterday reminds me a lot of Kenneth Dixon. Except I think Dixon is harder to bring to the ground. Ravens need to get him going. Hopefully this Roman signing is a sign the Ravens will actually give Flacco some help with the run game.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PurpleCity5 said:

Out of the three I would say Woods along with Wright is the most likely. He should come in at a low price and the Ravens need production out of the slot. 

As for Wallace, I think he goes if the Ravens upgrade the #1 spot. From what I've seen the Ravens are relying on Perriman to step up big time regardless if Wallace stays or not. You just got to not only trust his draft position but the potential as well, what rmc said certainly isn't wrong, the Ravens are looking for a complimentary guy so someone like Woods would only fill the void as a #3. He's not going into the off-season next year with the same off-field situations and injuries, he's going in with the opportunity to build a relationship with Joe and work on his craft, something he wasn't able to do. 

A lot of people and my self are talking about Perriman as a #2, but funny thing is Harbaugh talked about him as a potential #1. I think the guy is going to have plenty of expectations going into next season. 

Garcon is going to get paid, but his age could effect things and Vincent Jackson is a #3 at this point. 

That's the thing though.  You aren't going to get a #1 unless you draft a guy.  It's not like there are #1 WRs just hanging out there.  For that reason, I see no reason to move on from Wallace unless they think they can get a cheaper option for the time they feel Wallace may be here.

I disagree on Perriman.  I don't think the team is going to rely on Perriman.  I think it would be a disaster if they chose to do that.  The potential is nice, but there's no way this team hands him a job unless they feel they aren't going to compete.  They may be talking about him as a potential #1, but that doesn't mean this year.  There have been flashes, but I'd honestly be shocked if they just handed him the #2 job.  He's got way too many issues right now.

Perriman should enter the beginning of the season as no higher than the #3.  Thrusting him into a true, full time role would only be something I'd condone if this team is looking at this year as a rebuilding year.  I highly doubt that's going to be the case.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DomMcRaven said:

I don't see him as a #1 next season either, but boy is this offseason a crucial one for him. He's gotta long ways to go to make that leap to be our #1. I do like the fact that Flacco will work with him and the other guys just so they can be on the same page. 

I envy the Falcons offense to the point where I become sad watching them. It's funny how you mentioned being a center away because I believe the best addition the Falcons made was bringing in Alex Mack. He's done wonders for them.

Alex Mack has done some really great things for them, especially how well they've been able to run up the middle. They have a very physical presence there. I also don't think he's the #1, that's doubtful. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, trevorsteadman said:

I actually see the a lot of Julio in Perriman. Problem is Perriman was less polished out of college and got hurt right away. I think in a year or two he will break out. Obviously we cannot count on him being as good as Julio, but I do think those splash plays he made were a sign of things to come. Need a guy to develop him more.

Also watching Tevin Coleman yesterday reminds me a lot of Kenneth Dixon. Except I think Dixon is harder to bring to the ground. Ravens need to get him going. Hopefully this Roman signing is a sign the Ravens will actually give Flacco some help with the run game.

Interesting comparison. Perriman totally needs to improve his HANDS first and foremost, but he seems like the guy with a really good work ethic so I don't I'll be too worried about him. Speaking of splash plays, that TD against Miami was just......wow. Talking about speed. 

Call me crazy, but with an improved o-line, I think Dixon can have a better season than Forsett did in 2014 just because all he does is gain positive yards (barring getting blown up in the backfield).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DomMcRaven said:

Interesting comparison. Perriman totally needs to improve his HANDS first and foremost, but he seems like the guy with a really good work ethic so I don't I'll be too worried about him. Speaking of splash plays, that TD against Miami was just......wow. Talking about speed. 

Call me crazy, but with an improved o-line, I think Dixon can have a better season than Forsett did in 2014 just because all he does is gain positive yards (barring getting blown up in the backfield).

I mean the measurables for Perriman and Julio are similar as well. Perriman is huge. Once he learns how to use his size in the NFL he will be tough to stop. I agree those concentration drops are still an issue. I don't understand how he catches the hard ones and then misses the easy ones. Just needs to develop, but the potential big play threat is there.

Dixon showed he can make plays. But I am afraid that the team strictly sees him as a #2 running back going forward after what they said during the press conference. I haven't been so excited for a running back since Ray Rice after what I saw this season.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, trevorsteadman said:

I mean the measurables for Perriman and Julio are similar as well. Perriman is huge. Once he learns how to use his size in the NFL he will be tough to stop. I agree those concentration drops are still an issue. I don't understand how he catches the hard ones and then misses the easy ones. Just needs to develop, but the potential big play threat is there.

Dixon showed he can make plays. But I am afraid that the team strictly sees him as a #2 running back going forward after what they said during the press conference. I haven't been so excited for a running back since Ray Rice after what I saw this season.

I don't understand how Dixon isn't the #1. West is the perfect #2 for us. I really hope we don't look for a RB no earlier than round 5. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DomMcRaven said:

I don't understand how Dixon isn't the #1. West is the perfect #2 for us. I really hope we don't look for a RB no earlier than round 5. 

Pass protection.  Dixon has really struggled there, especially in picking up the blitz.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rmw10 said:

Pass protection.  Dixon has really struggled there, especially in picking up the blitz.

Gotcha. I know nothing about Dalvin Cook except he plays for Florida St (lol, right), but a lot of people are really high on him. As much as I would HATE it if we got a RB with our first rounder, is he a good pass protector?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@rmw10

1.  Wallace - Im in the same boat as you now, as much as i think it would be a mistake to cut him without bringing in another WR, i cant see him playing at that number.   Also, with how much WRs have been getting paid, is it really that bad to have Wallace at the price he's at, especially with the cap rising. 

2.  Britt - I kind of agree, he has incredible potential but it would be very risky to only add him to the team.  But im all for him coming in, depends on price, obviously. 

3. Wright - I like the idea of bringing him in as well, think he could provide, i think he could become a good slot guy for us

4.  Garcon - Ive be avid about bringing him in since last off-season.  I agree i think hes the perfect fit.  I think hes going to be around what Sanu got, 7ish a year, might be too steep for us.

5.  Vjax - just a no

6.  Woods - I really like him, just a hunch.  Him in the slot i think could do some damage. Should be cheap. 

I think this is a good list of our options this off-season.  My wants, in order:  Garcon, Britt, Wright, Woods, Wallace

2 hours ago, DomMcRaven said:

Gotcha. I know nothing about Dalvin Cook except he plays for Florida St (lol, right), but a lot of people are really high on him. As much as I would HATE it if we got a RB with our first rounder, is he a good pass protector?

Just please, god no lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, rmw10 said:

That's the thing though.  You aren't going to get a #1 unless you draft a guy.  It's not like there are #1 WRs just hanging out there.  For that reason, I see no reason to move on from Wallace unless they think they can get a cheaper option for the time they feel Wallace may be here.

I disagree on Perriman.  I don't think the team is going to rely on Perriman.  I think it would be a disaster if they chose to do that.  The potential is nice, but there's no way this team hands him a job unless they feel they aren't going to compete.  They may be talking about him as a potential #1, but that doesn't mean this year.  There have been flashes, but I'd honestly be shocked if they just handed him the #2 job.  He's got way too many issues right now.

Perriman should enter the beginning of the season as no higher than the #3.  Thrusting him into a true, full time role would only be something I'd condone if this team is looking at this year as a rebuilding year.  I highly doubt that's going to be the case.

I talked about Britt as an option but that's a toss up, who's to say they really pay for a WR. He isn't a #1, but he could be a very high end #2 and solve a lot of our problems. Not getting one via FA is the problem though, how are they going to plug in the holes at WR? Even #2 WRs come at a pretty good price now, Muhammad Sanu got 7M per year, that's not something the Ravens would even think about for a player like that, unless he's a difference maker for the offense. Draft I think is nearly out of the question. I think Breshad competes for the starting job, I don't think he's given it but I don't know if the Ravens pay up for someone worthy of a starting spot. I think the best they'll do with is Robert Woods/Kendall Wright, however those are not guys who I think are going to lock down the #2 spot, they aren't starting material and probably are best served as 3s/slots. Those guys are a good fit for a WCO and are effective in slant/crossing patterns so under that circumstance Wallace is a near lock to stay.  Do you think the Ravens pay up for a #2 WR at a high price? After seeing what these young guys are making I wouldn't be so inclined. 

They're likely not paying for a WR and are not drafting one either so regardless they might have to rely upon him to step up as a default. They can keep Wallace but is he really a guy you want as your #1? I would much rather go for someone better and let go of Mike, I don't think he's a guy on the rise and I feel like he's got one foot on the door in terms of what he has left in the tank, that would sound surprising given that he had a 1000 Yard season here, but looking closely, you could see that Mike sometimes struggled to win against tight man, you could see that he couldn't get a good release on those slant/shallow routes and that really limited the WCO. I think this really explain his decline this season, because he didn't burn out and we didn't hear about any injuries that he dealt with during the year.

Edited by PurpleCity5
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now