usmccharles

ESPN-Merged

42 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, JO_75 said:

:o 

That is ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised to see MNF moved to ABC next season or all together removed from ESPN and onto a new network. I could see FOX wanting to jump in and take over the MNF slot so FOX, NBC, CBS and NFL Network all own the rights to telecasting NFL games. Though if the NFL was smart they start looking into streaming games to catch those people who have cut the cord. 

So, coach Gruden going back to coaching?

Just now, allblackraven said:

So, coach Gruden going back to coaching?

I would hope, but some other Network would force us to listen to him call games. It seems to me as much as NFL teams recycle the same coaches over and over, Sports Networks do the same. Ray Lewis went from ESPN to FOX, Adam Schefter was NFL Network's insider for a long time then he jumped to ESPN. That troll Skip Bayless went from ESPN to FOX, Mike Trico already left ESPN for NBC, Michelle Beadle was on ESPN, left ESPN then came back. Lindsay Rhodes was on NBC before joining NFL Network in 2008. Our very own Amber Theoharris went from MASN to NFL Network. It's the same reporters over and over. These Networks keep recycling the same reporters and not doing anything to get new blood in their networks.

ESPN profits are down 11%.  Not looking good, obviously. 

Edited by Moderator 3
Inappropriate link

2 minutes ago, Moderator 3 said:

Perhaps they need to show more actual sports and talk less.

If you read the article, it just isnt a good business model. 

9 hours ago, usmccharles said:

If you read the article, it just isnt a good business model. 

The first few paragraphs were fine, but once they started preaching politics, I had to take the link down.  That just plain is not appropriate for our site

They're paying too much for their coverage rights but not doing anything to encourage subscribers. 

On 2/9/2017 at 5:06 AM, Moderator 3 said:

The first few paragraphs were fine, but once they started preaching politics, I had to take the link down.  That just plain is not appropriate for our site

They're paying too much for their coverage rights but not doing anything to encourage subscribers. 

I didnt even realize you took it down.  My bad. 

On 10/02/2017 at 2:06 AM, Moderator 3 said:

I don't know that site but was going to ask whether they have a habit of spinning stuff through their political hyperbola?

21 hours ago, allblackraven said:

I don't know that site but was going to ask whether they have a habit of spinning stuff through their political hyperbola?

Well Clay Travis runs the site and he has the mindset that espn is extremely conservative and makes stories out of things that don't matter. I listen to him every day.   More of a "suck it up" mindset.   Without using political terms,  I align  with most of his views and I voted for the same person he did, maybe that's why I enjoy his material and no filter.   That being said,  it's hard to read that article without having any context of his overall beliefs and forming a certain opinion.   I think his sports show is the best out there,  even if you don't agree with his beliefs he's extremely entertaining and highly educated.  

He used to be a lawyer.. Not sure if that helps his case lol (pun intended) 

More bad news for ESPN. ESPN's next round of layoffs will include on-air personalities. 

"SI has learned that ESPN will have significant cost-cutting over the next four months on its talent side (people in front of the camera or audio/digital screen). Multiple sources said ESPN has been tasked with paring tens of millions of staff salary from its payroll, including staffers many viewers and readers will recognize. Those with contracts coming up would be particularly vulnerable, sources said."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/report-espns-next-round-layoffs-161500192.html