• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
JoeyFlex5

2017 DB Thread

774 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, rossihunter2 said:

i dont know, i have a round 1 grade on him but there are a number of corners where it may well be 'pick your poison' time for teams at the end of the 1st beginning of the 2nd: conley, humphrey, white, jackson, tabor, king, tankersley - now id only want the first 4 of those guys maybe at our pick in the 2nd round but i could see seattle falling for humphrey or tabor or eveven king and tankersley - i think white might have the best coverage tape of all of them he just happens to be slightly shorter - my hope is that the other guys get plucked earlier and it pushes conley back

Yeah I don't know if that happens but I do think we have a shot of sitting at our second round pick and getting someone like Tabor, King, or Tankersley. Would be thrilled if Conley were there in the second though

1 hour ago, 52520Andrew said:

Oh what does everyone think on Colorado CB Ahkello Witherspoon?

He can cover very well. His length is certainly a plus, he has good feet and mirroring skills not to mention he has good deep speed/recovery speed. He played on an island at times so he's used to being on his own. He played against some decent WR's in the Pac 12. My one negative is he seems to be allergic to being physical. Of all the CB's in this class who don't like to tackle or be physical he has to be the worst. If a WR gets his hands on Witherspoon to block, Witherspoon will simply quit on the play. He makes no effort to get off of a block. What's more is if you run at him he will simply Oley you and step aside. People on these threads talk about not caring about tackling and justifiably so, but with this guy he's not just not tackling, he's eliminating himself as a defender for a lot of the plays. Playing against the Steelers and Bengals twice a year would be very bad for him. So for simply not being physical in any way I've greatly lowered his value. Love him as a cover guy, but he literally can't do much else on the field. Earliest I'd take him is round 4

Sidney Jones apparently suffered a significant leg injury at his pro day 😩😩😩

1 minute ago, rmw10 said:

Looks like it:

8 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

Wow man that sucks for him if it is serious.  I want every player to get the most money and draft high as possible 

That is rough. If it is significant this will likely hurt him a good amount, I hope Washington covered or he has an insurance on his draft position as you never want to see this.

Just had NFL source (in attendance at Washington pro day) text:

"It's a torn Achilles" he was told for CB Sidney Jones. As feared. per Eric Edholm

Edited by Ravenskid52752

Just now, SepticeyePoe said:

How badly will it affect his stock?

I personally can't see him going further than late 1st-early 2nd round. An achilles is not the worst injury and he has some talent..I am thinking if Myles Jack and Jaylon Smith still went early 2nd last year with far worse concerns (albeit higher rated prospects) he should not be hampered too bad by this one. All in all I expect him gone by our 2nd rounder

1 minute ago, Dubs said:

I personally can't see him going further than late 1st-early 2nd round. An achilles is not the worst injury and he has some talent..I am thinking if Myles Jack and Jaylon Smith still went early 2nd last year with far worse concerns (albeit higher rated prospects) he should not be hampered too bad by this one. All in all I expect him gone by our 2nd rounder

Would he still be an option at 16 then? Or would we target someone else?

2 minutes ago, SepticeyePoe said:

Not sure...my guess he would drop a little and not be nearly high on our boards and I would expect us to have 16 guys ranked ahead of him. If anything I think this opens the door more for us to take Humphrey, Forrest Lamp, Cam Robinson, Quincy Wilson, Barnett, we may even really like a guy like Reddick who could be very much like Orr. 

12 minutes ago, Dubs said:

I think there is no chance he's now going that high with such top heavy CB class, if it really is achilles. 

This is just terrible for Jones. In just over a month, he was going to sign $12-15M rookie deal, live the dream and forever change his life. Hopefully he'll recover and still ball in pros, just a little later.

Figures... We had a real shot at him at 16 too.. He probably had one of the best shots at bein a raven. Feel bad for the kid, don't get much more unlucky than that. He could probably be put on the pup list and make it back by seasons end for whatever team takes a shot on him- but it won't be us. Not at 16 anyway. Maybe if he falls significantly into the 2nd but I still doubt it. Pass rusher is lookin like a sure bet for our first pick- either that or Quincy Wilson or Dan Feeney.

16 minutes ago, SepticeyePoe said:

I think The Ravens would target someone else unless they trade down in the draft and get more picks with the idea that they can get Sidney Jones and another corner back  .  Of course the other corner would have to be a corner that can play right away  but Marshon Lattimore stock has definitely went up on other teams board for sure if they didn't have him as the better corner by now.

The real question to ask is where does this put him for the regular season? He's about six months out from the regular season. 

If he's able to start the season, it won't affect his draft stock at all. If he'll be held out for any part of the season, he'll drop.

man this hurts. i think pass rusher might be top of our list now. im getting the feeling that we could be the team to take a shot on tim williams early if the board isnt falling in our favor. 

of the realistic options, id have to think our board is somewhere along the lines of having barnett tops, probably having humphrey as our top realistic corner with jones' injury, and then i think forrest lamp, haason reddick, and tim williams may be in a tie for the next highest priority, they just seem like fits for what the ravens need and want. i personally would now have tj watt very high on our boards at 16, but im not sure any team is gonna envision watts true potential and may see him as a reach..

Just now, JoeyFlex5 said:

man this hurts. i think pass rusher might be top of our list now. im getting the feeling that we could be the team to take a shot on tim williams early if the board isnt falling in our favor. 

of the realistic options, id have to think our board is somewhere along the lines of having barnett tops, probably having humphrey as our top realistic corner with jones' injury, and then i think forrest lamp, haason reddick, and tim williams may be in a tie for the next highest priority, they just seem like fits for what the ravens need and want. i personally would now have tj watt very high on our boards at 16, but im not sure any team is gonna envision watts true potential and may see him as a reach..

I'm pretty sure Cam Robinson is near the top of the Ravens board. TJ Watt should have stayed in college, would have been 1st round lock in '18.

4 minutes ago, allblackraven said:

I'm pretty sure Cam Robinson is near the top of the Ravens board. TJ Watt should have stayed in college, would have been 1st round lock in '18.

agreed on watt, if he stayed in college with his athleticism trending upwards the way it has since the combine, he couldve found himself top 10. 

really im hoping the ravens could project that ceiling man, im a big fan of his and since seeing his combine numbers i like him even more, looks like hes got a lot of room for growth athletically, the right conditioning and training will have this guy a machine and being a watt im sure he has access to the best knowledge of conditioning. 

cam robinson very well could be near the top of the board for us, its starting to make more and more sense, I just dont like him too much as a tackle, but if we take him we may not have a choice. as a RT i think he'll bring some great push on the ground and have his fair share of hiccups as a pass protector, as a guard i think he could be amazing. im just not totally sold on him at 16, id much prefer a trade back if we target him, and honestly i prefer lamp as a swing guy, feeney as a guard, and value wise i think moton in the third is a much better option. robinson just kinda takes the backseat to alot of linemen by just a hair imo.

1 minute ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

agreed on watt, if he stayed in college with his athleticism trending upwards the way it has since the combine, he couldve found himself top 10. 

really im hoping the ravens could project that ceiling man, im a big fan of his and since seeing his combine numbers i like him even more, looks like hes got a lot of room for growth athletically, the right conditioning and training will have this guy a machine and being a watt im sure he has access to the best knowledge of conditioning. 

cam robinson very well could be near the top of the board for us, its starting to make more and more sense, I just dont like him too much as a tackle, but if we take him we may not have a choice. as a RT i think he'll bring some great push on the ground and have his fair share of hiccups as a pass protector, as a guard i think he could be amazing. im just not totally sold on him at 16, id much prefer a trade back if we target him, and honestly i prefer lamp as a swing guy, feeney as a guard, and value wise i think moton in the third is a much better option. robinson just kinda takes the backseat to alot of linemen by just a hair imo.

I think most NFL teams view Robinson as a guard to begin with, backup tackle if needed. Probably not the worst option for us with how OL free agency is going.

And I just noticed, this quickly went off topic. I apologise, will sit in the corner facing wall for 30min

1 hour ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

In my mind this makes trading back the way to go. At 16 we would still have a litter of great prospects to choose from (just none of them CB) I envision us trading back a few spots for a 3 and 4 or maybe for just a 2nd, and then taking whoever best fills our needs. I might be alone in this but I still feel like WR is in play for us at the trade back spot, say if Corey Davis falls to the 20's. If a trade happened I would go Davis, Reddick, Lamp, or Conley (who I'm completely sold on but like). Honestly I feel like Tim Williams will slide because he's basically going down the same path as Randy Gregory with his substance abuse problems. He'll be there at our second just because there's a great risk he's never available to play because of suspension. And I think it's very possible that S.Jones falls to our 2nd because Achilles takes 5 months alone to just become functional again and then about another 7 to 8 months to get it back in athletic shape. If I can get Reddick, T. Williams, and S. Jones in the same draft and then get a good Mo Claiborne in FA to cover for a while I'd be satisfied

1 minute ago, raven94 said:

In my mind this makes trading back the way to go. At 16 we would still have a litter of great prospects to choose from (just none of them CB) I envision us trading back a few spots for a 3 and 4 or maybe for just a 2nd, and then taking whoever best fills our needs. I might be alone in this but I still feel like WR is in play for us at the trade back spot, say if Corey Davis falls to the 20's. If a trade happened I would go Davis, Reddick, Lamp, or Conley (who I'm completely sold on but like). Honestly I feel like Tim Williams will slide because he's basically going down the same path as Randy Gregory with his substance abuse problems. He'll be there at our second just because there's a great risk he's never available to play because of suspension. And I think it's very possible that S.Jones falls to our 2nd because Achilles takes 5 months alone to just become functional again and then about another 7 to 8 months to get it back in athletic shape. If I can get Reddick, T. Williams, and S. Jones in the same draft and then get a good Mo Claiborne in FA to cover for a while I'd be satisfied

i dont see williams and gregory in the same light, williams actually seems like a really good guy and great teammate, his postgame interviews are very humble and he shares the blame and accolades with his teammates, but on the field he has a madman mentality, i like his character tbh and i think he may have just been a dummy in college, it happens. gregory on the other hand was close to a justin blackmon, dude has mental issues and he is legitimately dependent on weed and cant give it up, you can see in his interviews that he isnt right in the head, i mean hell im almost certain he was high at the draft, he sure as hell looked and acted like it. i wont bank on it, because his brandon chicken story and the fact that he thought a receipt was a good enough carry permit show bad judgement and general stupidity lol, but im not convinced he'll have a drug problem or that hes a bad kid. 

reddick williams and jones would be a freaking coup, nobody would be touching the top of our draft class. i dont see sidney falling to 48 though, he should be back by midseason at the latest and likely wont have many lingering effects, the kids too talented to fall that far from one injury.

2 hours ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

2 hours ago, allblackraven said:

Going to be honest, Marlon Humphrey is the one name I think the Ravens will target. Matt Miller very frequently singles him out as a name that is being talked about by the Ravens dating back to the Senior Bowl.

39 minutes ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

i dont see williams and gregory in the same light, williams actually seems like a really good guy and great teammate, his postgame interviews are very humble and he shares the blame and accolades with his teammates, but on the field he has a madman mentality, i like his character tbh and i think he may have just been a dummy in college, it happens. gregory on the other hand was close to a justin blackmon, dude has mental issues and he is legitimately dependent on weed and cant give it up, you can see in his interviews that he isnt right in the head, i mean hell im almost certain he was high at the draft, he sure as hell looked and acted like it. i wont bank on it, because his brandon chicken story and the fact that he thought a receipt was a good enough carry permit show bad judgement and general stupidity lol, but im not convinced he'll have a drug problem or that hes a bad kid. 

reddick williams and jones would be a freaking coup, nobody would be touching the top of our draft class. i dont see sidney falling to 48 though, he should be back by midseason at the latest and likely wont have many lingering effects, the kids too talented to fall that far from one injury.

As far as Jones goes anything can happen, I can see him falling. No one thought Myles Jack would go where he did. And I agree with you on williams. He is truly a good guy and is very genuine. I watched all of his interviews, dealing with Saban, being at Bama, having the teamates he had I think have all made him a good guy. I love Williams for us. With that being said it only takes one failed drug test and you can be out for 10 games. Gregory has unfortunately set the standard and the expectations of GM'S and front offices. T Williams honestly deserves to go in round 1, but in such a loaded edge class on top of the Gregory issue he's going to fall to round 2. Maybe not to 48 which changes things, but I think he will go in round 2. Yes it would be a couple, I'm an optimist and so I'll throw options like this around in my head sometimes