tubes102

Ravens to visit London 2017? Yes, Week 3

149 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, K-Dog said:

Not sure how official this is, It is NFL.com, but this article claims Saints and Dolphins in London 2017

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000729869/article/miami-dolphins-will-play-saints-in-london-in-2017

Think there is 3 London games a year so we'll probably play the Jaguars in one of the other 2 games. I'm fine with it, it doesn't take away a home game from us so I'm all for it.

48 minutes ago, JO_75 said:

Think there is 3 London games a year so we'll probably play the Jaguars in one of the other 2 games. I'm fine with it, it doesn't take away a home game from us so I'm all for it.

Oh, I didn't realize there was more than one.

I am still gonna try and go.  My wife and I celebrate ten years in April, maybe I can talk her into moving the celebration date back a few months. 

7 hours ago, K-Dog said:

I am still gonna try and go.  My wife and I celebrate ten years in April, maybe I can talk her into moving the celebration date back a few months. 

Saints and Dolphins is indeed confirmed already, we had three games this season and talk is possibly four in 2017. 

Take it a step further. Jax is set to be the first london game in the series of 3 next year. The first game typically takes place the first weekend in oct. next year that will be oct 1. The orioles are scheduled to play at home on oct 1, thus its more than likely, the ravens will be a road team that weekend. Since the ravens are supposed to play jax on the road, I think the odds of the london ravens vs jax game for oct 1 2017 are very high...

59 minutes ago, The Raven said:

I'm only mad because I'd have to get up early to catch the game. Sundays are for sleeping.

Lol ditto. London Games start at 630am here in az. While I'm typically awaken around that time I'm not quite at the  "yeah let's watch some damn football" point 

5 minutes ago, Tiznut said:

Lol ditto. London Games start at 630am here in az. While I'm typically awaken around that time I'm not quite at the  "yeah let's watch some damn football" point 

Then with the game at 9:30am, being over by 12:30pm at the latest and then we lose? The rest of the day in Ravens Talk becomes a full weeks worth of complaints about the loss lol.

NO GOD. No god no. No god please no. No... No....

NOOOO.

Why? Don't mess stuff up. Just send like the browns over there to play Jacksonville so they can see an offensive beatdown. As the browns are the browns. They'll find a way to lose

Looking at the known road games for 2017...

Bengals, Browns, Steelers, Jaguars, Titans, Packers, Vikings, + another AFC team not playing in the AFC South (currently it would be either Raiders or Patriots).

We already know one of the 2017 London games... Dolphins vs Saints.

We also known that the Rams and Jaguars will host the other two games in London, as they both have agreements in place to do so. Jags will host a game every year through 2020 in London, and the Rams have agreed to host a game there every year until the completion of their new stadium in 2019, so they will host a game there for the next two seasons.

Given that we don't play the Rams next season, there is only one possible opponent in London, which is Jacksonville.

We are currently one of 8 teams that haven't played an international game, and there are other possible teams that could play Jags or Rams there. The Titans have yet to plan an international game and play Jacksonville in 2017, and the Jags also play the NFC West next season as well, so the Seahawks are also in play there as well.

Edited by rmcjacket23

And to be honest, the "report" on our website is basically just speculation. It basically just says that because we play Jacksonville on the road next season + they're hosting a London game + we haven't traveled overseas yet = we MIGHT play them.

Truth is that there are at least two other teams in the league that fit under the same scenario, as I outlined in a previous post. Tennessee and Seattle can be considered there as well.

Plus it also assumes that they would automatically pick a team who has never been there before, which is not necessarily the case.

Edited by rmcjacket23

On 10/31/2016 at 8:51 PM, Steve0x said:

Im Saying It really cost you $10,000 to go to England. Those hotels are pretty expensive You can buy a used car for $10,000

$10,000?  So what?  You don't know @K-Dog or anyone else's financial status in this place for that matter.  And the word "expensive" is a relative term.  It depends on who you are talking to.  Cause what's "expensive" to you may not be to someone else.  And IF he wanted to spend $10,000 on attending a football game instead of buying a used car...that's his business! 

2 minutes ago, Militant X 1 said:

$10,000?  So what?  You don't know @K-Dog or anyone else's financial status in this place for that matter.  And the word "expensive" is a relative term.  It depends on who you are talking to.  Cause what's "expensive" to you may not be to someone else.  And IF he wanted to spend $10,000 on attending a football game instead of buying a used car...that's his business! 

Quoted for truth. I hate it when people bring up financials on forums. Like, you don't know me personally. Mind your own damn business.

@K-Dog

I will likely be living in Europe next year so if you're going to the game(even if I'm against it), I'll go there and buy you a drink or something along the lines of that. Go Ravens.

On 11/1/2016 at 9:47 PM, K-Dog said:

Congrats to you and your queen for that awesome milestone my brother! And if you guys go, please give me and Mrs. Mili a shout out! :D

If this goes down then for you all situated in the east coat this is a hop skip and a jump. If you are an AARP member book air travel thought the ba.com/aarp portal. They run excellent Euro travel promo's about twice a year. If you are not an AARP member then fork over $16 and you are good not matter what your age is.

I flew to Paris last year in business class for $1,200 RT from NYC. Economy would be around $500 RT. Flights directly into London get hit with an insanely high arrival and departure tax. if you want to make the most out of it; land in Paris, spend a few days there and then boogie over to London on the chunnel train.

The hotels well they are different story they are awful and way over priced.

23 minutes ago, Militant X 1 said:

I'm just baffled at a man spending a few thousand for a weekend in New Orleans has the audacity to say something about a man spending a few thousand for a week in London. 

48 minutes ago, Militant X 1 said:

Congrats to you and your queen for that awesome milestone my brother! And if you guys go, please give me and Mrs. Mili a shout out! :D

Thank you and thank you . 

Yeah. I  will let you for sure.

Maybe some tailgating or pre game meal.

On 01/11/2016 at 4:13 PM, GrimCoconut said:

Do it for @arnie_uk. As long as it's an away game! 

It will be nice not to have to spend a small fortune this time to see the ravens.

3 hours ago, usmccharles said:

Do the teams normally have a bye after their London game? 

Yes, unless you decline to do so. I believe the Colts declined to have the bye following their London game and played the 7 days later.

2 hours ago, JO_75 said:

Apparently, the NFL will ditch the early 9:30am London games so if the Ravens do play the Jaguars next year in London, it won't be an early morning game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/29/report-nfl-will-ditch-early-morning-london-games/

Kinda neat though that the Ravens get to go London next year if this does end up happening.

Interesting. That will certainly be more convenient for US viewers.

1 hour ago, arnie_uk said:

It will be nice not to have to spend a small fortune this time to see the ravens.

I know that an international trip can strain the wallet, but aren't the tickets usually expensive for the London games?

1 hour ago, BigMike said:

ROAD TRIP......

1 hour ago, K-Dog said:

I already said that on the first page . 

So nice of you two to buy everyone tickets and booking the travel of all of us on the forum. ?

Edited by JO_75

7 hours ago, arnie_uk said:

I was initially against them going over there and then I remembered that you were there @arnie_uk.  So for you, yeah they need to get over there so you can see our boys in LIVE action.  What city would they come to and stadium would they play in?

2 hours ago, Militant X 1 said:

I was initially against them going over there and then I remembered that you were there @arnie_uk.  So for you, yeah they need to get over there so you can see our boys in LIVE action.  What city would they come to and stadium would they play in?

London. Would most likely be played at Wembley stadium however Giants and Rams played at Twickenham (still London) this year.