• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
tubes102

Ravens to visit London 2017? Yes, Week 3

149 posts in this topic

Heavily rumoured here that the Ravens will visit London to play as the 'visiting' team vs Jags next season. As an English Ravens fan obviously I would be thrilled but what would your thoughts be? 

It looks like either the Seahawks or the Ravens will go to London, the reason the Ravens have to be the visiting team is a clause in the lease from their landlord, the Maryland Stadium Authority, that says "All Baltimore Ravens home games, must be played at M&T Bank Stadium" or something similar  to that.

Well, since we are one of 8 teams that haven't played in London and we do play the Jags away next year I'd say there is a decent chance it happens.  

A friend of mine works at The Grove (hotel), says a bunch of guys from the Ravens came over to check the place out. Could all be BS but he was right about the Bengals this year. 

4 minutes ago, GrimCoconut said:

I'm fine with it if it's an away game. It's bound to happen so whatever. 

Exactly how I feel. The travel for the team sucks, but it replaces a true road game with a neutral site game, meaning the Ravens would have 8 home games, 7 road games, and 1 neutral site game.

I'd take a game against the Jags in London. As a few have said it's going to happen sooner or later and as long as it's not a home game it really doesn't matter much.

3 hours ago, trevorsteadman said:

As long as it counts as an away game I don't mind either way.

I have a feeling the players hate the early-morning game, coupled with the long flight to London. Seems like those London games can be pretty unpredictable because of all that.

Maybe it'd give us an advantage though, since we prepare better than most teams, I think. ...Though London is probably becoming a home away from home, since most of the Jags players have probably done it several times already lol.

Edited by Maryland

I wonder if someone is going to put together a travel package . 

I am sure there will be a few options .  I wonder how much . 

1 hour ago, K-Dog said:

I wonder if someone is going to put together a travel package . 

I am sure there will be a few options .  I wonder how much . 

Forget it K-Dog you couldn't afford it. You gotta be rich to go on a trip to England

2 minutes ago, Steve0x said:

Forget it K-Dog you couldn't afford it. You gotta be rich to go on a trip to England

A) You don't know what I can and can not afford . You have no clue.

2) My buddy went when the Bills were out there and he said everything was right around  $6,000.00

1 hour ago, K-Dog said:

A) You don't know what I can and can not afford . You have no clue.

2) My buddy went when the Bills were out there and he said everything was right around  $6,000.00

And it cost me only $3500 to enjoy that Super Bowl in New Orleans 

1 hour ago, Steve0x said:

And it cost me only $3500 to enjoy that Super Bowl in New Orleans 

...and ?

Just now, BmoreBird22 said:

I'm really failing to see the point in what he's saying...

Me too.  Nothing new.

5 hours ago, Maryland said:

I have a feeling the players hate the early-morning game

It won't be early morning for them in London. It'll be 2:30 at game start time over there.

2 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

I'm really failing to see the point in what he's saying...

Im Saying It really cost you $10,000 to go to England. Those hotels are pretty expensive You can buy a used car for $10,000

1 minute ago, Steve0x said:

Im Saying It really cost you $10,000 to go to England. Those hotels are pretty expensive You can buy a used car for $10,000

And how he spends his money is your concern why?

40 minutes ago, Steve0x said:

No you made some claim about how much you spent going to the Super Bowl.  That has absolutely, completely and totally nothing whatsoever to do with a trip to London to see a game.  I think you just wanted to brag you went to the Super Bowl.  I have said before that I am proud of you for going and I still am.  Good for you fella.

No it doesn't.  You are incorrect.

My buddy and his wife did it for a WHOLE WEEK for just above $6,000.00.  The hotel they stayed in was $200.00 per night.  He said there was much cheaper.  As low as under $100.00.  

Further more I don't want a used car, much less a $10,000.00 one. 

If it's an away game on the schedule, absolutely ship them over. I have no issue with it because of the neutral grounds and it gives other countries a chance to see football, which is really cool for them.

This is obviously bound to happen at some point, and next year makes sense since we have the Jags on the road again.

Not sure if I could actually swing it, but I'd love to travel to this one.