Cillmatic

2017 WR prospect thread

507 posts in this topic

After seeing the first half oft his Oklahoma game Dede Westbrook is hands down the best WR of this draft. Expect his hype to SOAR. 

18 minutes ago, Cillmatic said:

After seeing the first half oft his Oklahoma game Dede Westbrook is hands down the best WR of this draft. Expect his hype to SOAR. 

i really liked what i saw from austin carr today from northwestern. he was clutch on shield-off and box-out catches. he was getting open without getting separation and securing catches on key downs. good size, strictly business on the field, nothing flashy but looked extremely dependable and i believe the commentators were calling out some stats that back up what i saw. 

1 hour ago, Cillmatic said:

Id say mike williams. He reminds me so much of an aj green, hopkins type player. Both him and hopkins went to clemson although i see williams having more speed than him

Edited by ravensnation5220

9 hours ago, ravensnation5220 said:

Id say mike williams. He reminds me so much of an aj green, hopkins type player. Both him and hopkins went to clemson although i see williams having more speed than him

Yes, Williams is hands down the best WR, he's going to be a premiere WR1 in the NFL. He's also a better route runner than Hopkins.

One of my favourites is KD Cannon. I don't necessarily want him here as his skillset is not what we need, but boy he's really good. He's fast and super quick, good route runner. He does resemble Corey Coleman but he's a bit less physical but better at getting separation due to better quickness and routes.

7 hours ago, BmoreBird22 said:

Mike Williams is easily the best WR and could have been the Ravens pick last year if he had stayed healthy.

I doubt we would have picked him at #6 over a LT

I've already said that I love James Washington from Oklahoma St., he's only a junior so he may not declare but he's got great hands, quick, fast, and he wins jump balls. He's also a high character guy and humble, which is always a great added bonus.

2 hours ago, hn68wb4 said:

I doubt we would have picked him at #6 over a LT

He was quite possibly the best offensive player in the class.

I truly believe that if Elliot were at 6, they'd have taken him.

Remember, they wanted to trade up for Ramsey, so they weren't set on a LT

One sleeper dude in the later rounds is Cooper Kupp. Seriously, watch his tape. Nothing too impressive, but good enough to be an NFL possession WR? Yes.

5 hours ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

One sleeper dude in the later rounds is Cooper Kupp. Seriously, watch his tape. Nothing too impressive, but good enough to be an NFL possession WR? Yes.

I'm not much a fan of Kupp but his stock has been rising, I've seen him as high as a second rounder in some early mocks.

Kupp reminds me of Jordy. He's a physical dude but when he gets the ball you realize he's crazy fast, when he turns on the jets it's goodbye. 

Jamari Staples from the Louisville Cardinals has some good potential. He's a tall guy with a huge catch radius.

On 10/31/2016 at 7:25 AM, Jacquouille said:

Kupp reminds me of Jordy. He's a physical dude but when he gets the ball you realize he's crazy fast, when he turns on the jets it's goodbye. 

Yeah he's a gym rat. Sneaky fast. High football IQ. Lives in the film room. First one in, last one to leave. He's got the hard hat mentality. 

Mike Williams will probably be the only guy viable with how high a pick the Ravens will have, assuming Davis doesn't blow up the combine.

Another guy I like that I posted in the "on your radar" thread and forgot about is Torii Hunter Jr. from Notre Dame.

On October 31, 2016 at 0:07 AM, hn68wb4 said:

I'm not much a fan of Kupp but his stock has been rising, I've seen him as high as a second rounder in some early mocks.

How are his routes though?

Edited by Cillmatic

40 minutes ago, Cillmatic said:

How are his routes though?

From what I remember it was pretty basic. However I remember he was really smart and put himself in the soft place of the zone on a regular basis

On 10/31/2016 at 7:25 AM, Jacquouille said:

Idk what your watching cause hes not that fast lol at best he runs a 4.5 maybe the level of competition makes him look fast, he reminds me more of an anquan boldin. Tough, physical kid who finds ways to get open and use his frame to his advantage. I love his work ethic and attitude. Super smart kid in school too. 3.62 gpa, and an economics major

7 hours ago, ravensnation5220 said:

Idk what your watching cause hes not that fast lol at best he runs a 4.5 maybe the level of competition makes him look fast, he reminds me more of an anquan boldin. Tough, physical kid who finds ways to get open and use his frame to his advantage. I love his work ethic and attitude. Super smart kid in school too. 3.62 gpa, and an economics major

There was one play against Oregon where he caught a short pass and took it 40yards further by running down the sideline. 

I did get caught up when I said "crazy fast", "sneaky fast" would have been more correct lol.

James Washington. 6'0 200lbs savvy route runner, soft hands when catching the ball, but violent hands when winning at the LOS. Big play WR that isn't super fast but he wins with his route running and release which is good in any offense. I think he'll run somewhere in the 4.40-4.44 range, which is good speed but isn't really considered fast by today's standards. He makes some amazing catches and I rarely see him brought down by the first defender. He's one of those WR that you hate if he's not on your team because he uses his hands so well that OPI could be called on him but never is, just like the greats. 

As for the person, he's said to be a great guy. So people might not like to here that because they think Harbs only drafts choir boys, but he's the type of guy you'd love to be the face of your team. Soft spoken guys that just goes to work. Gained 32lbs from his freshman year to Junior year without losing any speed or quickness, so his work ethic shows up. He gets a lot of attention from opposing defenses but he still finds a way to win. Haven't really seen anything that he doesn't do well enough. Maybe the way he high points the ball, but he wins the majority of jumpballs so if he does improve it'll be scary. 

Huge combine will probably get him into the 2nd round and I think he'd be a great addition for the Ravens in that 2-3 round range. 

This was interesting, but Isaiah Ford and Corey Davis were dropped from Matt Miller's top 50. 

They were replaced by John Ross in the top 50 as one of three(?) receivers. 

Also, depending on how you look at Bucky Hodges, he came in at 43 in the new top 50 and would be the fourth receiver if he's viewed that way.

On 11/3/2016 at 7:13 PM, ravensnation5220 said:

I wouldn't say he's a super burner but he has unexpectedly good open field ability. He's more quick than fast, but he's deceptively fast, and his bigger frame makes him that much harder to tackle in the open field. 

If he's there in the second or third I don't see why we should pass him up. He's the type of player Flacco would thrive with.

7 hours ago, BmoreBird22 said:

This was interesting, but Isaiah Ford and Corey Davis were dropped from Matt Miller's top 50. 

Also, depending on how you look at Bucky Hodges, he came in at 43 in the new top 50 and would be the fourth receiver if he's viewed that way.

I'm not sure if I buy Ross yet, so far I just don't see how he's above Davis - and I still haven't seem much of Ford.

I'm not sure if I buy Ross yet, so far I just don't see how he's above Davis - and I still haven't seem much of Ford.

Yeah, I'm really confused on how you drop two of your top 32 players out of the top 50 entirely and put in a player you never talked about over them.

I'm with you here, really unimpressed with Ross. 

14 minutes ago, Jacquouille said:

I'm with you here, really unimpressed with Ross. 

Ive been more and more impressed with ross. Hes a big play kid who is just unbelievably fast and you cant discountvhis production. 16 total TDs in 9 games

He honestly reminds me of desean jackson. 

Edited by ravensnation5220

Haven't had the chance to evaluate prospects too much as I have been enjoying games in general when I have been able to watch college ball. One guy who looked good from what I saw was Chad Hansen out of Cal though

On November 5, 2016 at 7:57 PM, BmoreBird22 said:

If we can steal Corey Davis in the 2nd rd.... Man I'll be jumping up and down with joy