sflegend89

Joe Flacco: Tough Talk

3,270 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, redrum52 said:

Why keep quoting him.

Some men just want to watch the world burn

On 3/25/2017 at 4:23 PM, RayRayRaven said:

he did do it one tim e but he had lots more tream aroun him. if we builded a really good team he culd do it again. a runnin team with stars on D. and one clutch ball catcher and maybe 2 of em.  but really hes trent dillfer hopin for anotha one. like i'll have anotha thanx.   doan get me wrong hes better than dillfer kinda the same difference matty ice ryan is better than joe. yah what i'm sayin is superbowels don't matter

Accidentally replied with the wrong account?

7 hours ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

I'm just a sucker for pain. 

if yo a raven fan lately pain is the name of da game

3 hours ago, RayRayRaven said:

I'm convinced this account was made and owned by the Baltimore Ravens last season to boost alcohol sales at games.

4 hours ago, RayRayRaven said:

If you read rayrayravens posts lately pain is da name of da game

8 hours ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

If you read rayrayravens posts lately pain is da name of da game

but theres good news joey they think joe can win multipile superbowls even yet look here

joe can win it all

he says joe can do it he got all the tools. I called and tole him that the tools joe needs he doan hav offensive line ball catchas runnin game outstandin d its 1 part to 4 I says ain't it easiest to get you one new part ratha than 4?  harb says what you m ean?

18 hours ago, OLD SCHOOL SMASH BALL said:

Anybody know what Joes RedZone scoring percentage was? I saw on Nfl network Mariota had the highest at 97%, Brady was at 88%

Im going to guess its terrible

18 hours ago, OLD SCHOOL SMASH BALL said:

Anybody know what Joes RedZone scoring percentage was? I saw on Nfl network Mariota had the highest at 97%, Brady was at 88%

wait, we got into the redzone?

8 minutes ago, gtalk12 said:

wait, we got into the redzone?

I think the team got into the redzone quite a bit. The problem was they ended up settling for field goals most the time.. That is what happens when you have two speed threats, a 5'9 37 year old receiver, and a tight end who only had 2 touchdowns in a 16 game span coming off of grandpa hip surgery twice.

That is why I think the Ravens need height at the wide receiver position. That is why I tell people the Ravens need to get Davis or Williams over Ross if they draft a wide receiver round one. 

On 3/29/2017 at 9:07 PM, RayRayRaven said:

but theres good news joey they think joe can win multipile superbowls even yet look here

joe can win it all

he says joe can do it he got all the tools. I called and tole him that the tools joe needs he doan hav offensive line ball catchas runnin game outstandin d its 1 part to 4 I says ain't it easiest to get you one new part ratha than 4?  harb says what you m ean?

What happened to superbowels? Did we find a cure?

On 3/20/2017 at 10:19 PM, ellicottraven said:

Sure! They're talking about giving up the #1 pick for Garrapolo and perhaps another high draft pick next year. So, what's so strange about expecting 2 first round picks for Flacco who's won a SB in 2012? In fact I would expect more no matter how Flacco has played since then. Garrapolo has exactly 2-4 games of starting experience if that....  and no QB in this league who's a starter is worthless period. Flacco is certainly not. Let me state I don't think he's elite or in the top echelon of QBs' (Brady, Rodgers, Brees, etc.right now, but he's surely somewhere in the second tier.

Well, the comment wasn't directed at people like you, who believe he is a quality QB. So, you value him along the lines of say, Rivers, Romo (pre-2016), Cam, etc...no way a guy like Rivers or Cam goes for just two 1st rounders. Or, as you mentioned, if Garrapolo is worth #1 plus another high draft pick, then Flacco is worth much, much more.

5 hours ago, flynismo said:

Well, the comment wasn't directed at people like you, who believe he is a quality QB. So, you value him along the lines of say, Rivers, Romo (pre-2016), Cam, etc...no way a guy like Rivers or Cam goes for just two 1st rounders. Or, as you mentioned, if Garrapolo is worth #1 plus another high draft pick, then Flacco is worth much, much more.

In fact, I truly believe he is better than Cam in my opinion of course. Cam is a threat that is hard to defend given his athleticism but Flacco is a better QB. I would put Flacco on par with Romo and Eli and Rivers, but below Brady, Rodgers and Brees right now. I also think he is better arm talent than Ben as a QB but Ben has way better intangibles than Flacco does in his escapability and extending plays. So yes, if we are ever stupid enough to trade him, I expect the farm and then some.

Nfl network replaying Christmas vs. Steelers right now.

Flacco is masterful in this game. This is the standard by which he should be measured. This is what he's capable of and it needs to happen more routinely .

20 hours ago, OLD SCHOOL SMASH BALL said:

I found some qb stats, in 2016 inside the 10, Joe was 13 for 27, 9td's and 1 pick, 

Inside the 20, Joe was 44 for 76, 14 td's, 3 picks, and ranked 17th. I would say this is below expectations, for what we are paying him. 

Refrence:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/

I think all this talk can easily be summed up by what most of us here agree upon:   Joe has not performed up to what he is being paid.

It blows my mind this thread has made it this far about something we all basically agree upon. 

18 minutes ago, usmccharles said:

I think all this talk can easily be summed up by what most of us here agree upon:   Joe has not performed up to what he is being paid.

It blows my mind this thread has made it this far about something we all basically agree upon. 

it made it this far cause majority did not agree with that at all making all kinds of excuses.

it was after the season ended which was around page 70 orso when people kinda came around and start agreeing to that.

last 30 pages are just mindless crap about trading flacco with no regard to cap implications and 1 certain person typing god knows what with people quoting him for whatever reason as well......

3 hours ago, Edgar said:

Nfl network replaying Christmas vs. Steelers right now.

Flacco is masterful in this game. This is the standard by which he should be measured. This is what he's capable of and it needs to happen more routinely .

Did you catch first quarter? He missed a easy touchdown pass to perriman. It should of been thrown to the corner but behind him as usual. 

3 hours ago, Tru11 said:

it made it this far cause majority did not agree with that at all making all kinds of excuses.

it was after the season ended which was around page 70 orso when people kinda came around and start agreeing to that.

last 30 pages are just mindless crap about trading flacco with no regard to cap implications and 1 certain person typing god knows what with people quoting him for whatever reason as well......

Valid point.  That guy is absolutely delusional.  I still stick by that the FO hasnt done Joe any favors with his supporting cast

Ya just gotta love Mike Preston. In a recent article in the Baltimore Sun, he is quoted as saying the best way the Ravens can help Joe Flacco is by rebuilding the defense. In the same article, he describes the Ravens offense as boring. Ya can't have it both ways, Mike! We need a Wide Receiver!!! I agree that we could have won five more games last year if our defense could have held a late lead but fixing the defense won't help Joe on offense. This entire thread is delusional. Unless the FO's strategy to fix the offense is addition by subtraction, we're in serious trouble. Upgrading the offensive line has been a priority since 2012. With the exception of Ronnie Stanley, its been a revolving door with very little continuity. Names like Oher, Osemele, McKinney, Monroe, Zuttah, Wagner, Gradkowski and others have passed through but the door still operates like a rusty gate. Giving Joe Flacco more weapons has been a priority since losing Anquan Boldin, Torrey Smith, Ray Rice et al. How's that project coming along? As recent drafts have shown, we're lucky to hit on one or two picks a year. At last count, we need a legitimate center who can solidify the interior of the line, a right tackle, a running back who can run, catch and block in the backfield, a healthy TE and at least one if not two stud WRs. Meanwhile, we've lost a starting center, a starting right tackle and a pro bowl RB, named Huge Check.

Remember, Mike Preston, the best defense is a good offense! Remember the likes of Johnny Unitas to Ray Berry & John Mackey, Peyton Manning to Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne, Aaron Rodgers to Jordy Nelson, Joe Montana to Jerry Rice and Dwight Clark, Terry Bradshaw to Lynn Swann and Franco Harris, Troy Aikman to Michael Irvin and Emmit Smith, Ben Rothlisberger to Antonio Brown and Leveon Bell, The Red Rifle to A.J. Green and two good running backs, Mattie Ryan to Julio Jones and two good running backs, Dak Prescott or Tony Romo to Dez Bryant and Ezekial Elliott. Oh yeah, then there's Tom Brady to Gronkowski, Edelman, Floyd, Hogan, Amendola, Bennett and LaGarrette Blount! Who said it doesn't matter to whom Tom Brady throws? Or how 'bout Trent Dilfer to Shannon Sharpe, Brandon Stokely and Jamaal Lewis? If you don't get it, you don't get it. The point is this. If it ain't broke, make it better. Well, its broke! Fill in the blank: Joe Flacco to ________?

We don't need the best player available in the draft without regard to his position. We need playmakers who can step in on day one and make an immediate impact at specific positions of need - WRs, RT @ C on offense and CB, pass rusher and ILB on defense. We have seven picks and these are our seven biggest needs. Its not deciding who is the "best player available" on the board.    

Edited by frozen joe flacco fan

12 minutes ago, frozen joe flacco fan said:

We don't need the best player available in the draft without regard to his position. We need playmakers who can step in on day one and make an immediate impact at specific positions of need - WRs, RT @ C on offense and CB, pass rusher and ILB on defense. We have seven picks and these are our seven biggest needs. Its not deciding who is the "best player available" on the board.    

yah but u know 1 of 2 things happend either oz and decost got lucky in the 2002-2012 time fram or they both losin it now maybe both is possable.  when u have need u maintan ur draff positshon and fil em. u dont trade back for more pics unless u cant pic  the real life drama is that

Edited by RayRayRaven

45 minutes ago, RayRayRaven said:

yah but u know 1 of 2 things happend either oz and decost got lucky in the 2002-2012 time fram or they both losin it now maybe both is possable.  when u have need u maintan ur draff positshon and fil em. u dont trade back for more pics unless u cant pic  the real life drama is that

I agree with what you said. I believe luck always plays a part in the draft and I believe that Oz and DeCosta have lost their edge when it comes to drafting immediate impact playmakers. Hoarding lower round draft picks is of limited value if they aren't filling the needs with the highest priorities for the team. For instance, drafting a QB right now because he is the "best player available" would be foolish if we could draft another player who might not be the BPA but who would be a starter on this year's team. 

9 hours ago, frozen joe flacco fan said:

I agree with what you said. I believe luck always plays a part in the draft and I believe that Oz and DeCosta have lost their edge when it comes to drafting immediate impact playmakers. Hoarding lower round draft picks is of limited value if they aren't filling the needs with the highest priorities for the team. For instance, drafting a QB right now because he is the "best player available" would be foolish if we could draft another player who might not be the BPA but who would be a starter on this year's team. 

But a qb will likely never be BPA this year because all the qb grades will be much lower because need is inherently reflected in the composition of the board - it's already a big factor in determining the rankings which, once set, will be followed religiously 

13 minutes ago, OLD SCHOOL SMASH BALL said:

We need another Hawaiian, cause after Ngata left, we started sucking! 

Can always look for one at Uncles in Fallston! http://www.eatatuncles.com/

Haloti is Tongan.  lol