• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
sflegend89

Joe Flacco: Tough Talk

3,204 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Ravens4Real said:

I'm not sure how anyone can make the argument that Joe Flacco is elite. Unless you are John Clayton or the other clowns in the media that believe there are 15 elite QB's in this league. 

One would have to put a percentage on what elite actually is or a number. Is he top 5? Heck no? Top ten? I'd say ehhh. I would probably rank him around 11-13. But I'd also argue that the elite QB's in this league are the top 5 or so.

I agree 

My only question is this.......... Why must we wait until we hear the coach and the owner admit that he needs to play better before it's considered credible information?  

You guys love Flacco to a fault.  

The man is seriously an average QB at best.

He is the standard, if you're looking for mediocrity. 

3 minutes ago, Virginia 55 said:

My only question is this.......... Why must we wait until we hear the coach and the owner admit that he needs to play better before it's considered credible information?  

How about when he said it himself in October - http://www.cecildaily.com/sports/pros/article_1115ee90-5fde-5bf5-bc34-bd27bab29f9d.html

What suits your timeline? He needs to play better.

3 minutes ago, Virginia 55 said:

stop spreading fake news and trying to reconstruct a false narrative - literally no one on this thread is saying that flacco played well enough and that he doesnt need to improve - this idea you're peddling that any fans who think positively about flacco are just sheep for the ownership's decisions is lamentable and frankly insulting - stop making lazy assumptions: most posters on this board criticised flacco mercilessly through the season as he was playing badly - to assume they are blindly supporting him now just because they defend him against the idea that he isn't a good qb is just unnecesary - the debate is about whether there were mitigating factors that might lead to improvement this coming season or whether (as some of the "haters" are suggesting) he's not a good qb anymore which i think is a ridiculous thing to say after only 2 years of bad football and 1 of those seasons coming off an injury - the idea that a qb is done and cannot do something he has already done before in the past is a ridiculous notion that certainly doesnt come from analysis of form, history or any other relevant factors - there is no logical reason to believe flacco would be "done" at this point which is why people so vehemently defend him against your narrative - i dont see how defending flacco against criticism that he might not be worthy of starting for the ravens anymore is unreasonable given he has done it for so many years with great success

you can acknowledge he has not played well and still think he's a good qb the two are not mutual exclusive

7 minutes ago, Virginia 55 said:

I would like him to retire!

I dont believe this team will win another bowl with him at the helm. 

i wish id seen this before i posted the thing above... i wouldnt have bothered because your immensely factual point backed with enormous quoted evidence is just too true - i cant believe i never realised this before - you're a genius

18 minutes ago, Virginia 55 said:

You must not know how to read, almost every single member here has said he needs to play better, Joe himself has said it.  If you continue to ignore what everyone says it just makes you look flat out stupid.  Its like going to McDonalds complaining that there isn't any big macs, while they are fully stocked....You just whine to whine and like the attention while you never make and solid points.

2 hours ago, Virginia 55 said:

You're kidding, right?  Joe Flacco is the greatest QB of all time. He is on track to be a first ballot HOFer. Why would he need to play better?

8 hours ago, The Raven said:

With all due respect, what the hell does that even mean? I'll forgive poor spelling if you actually convey a thought (it doesn't even have to be an intelligent one) but I don't even think you managed to pull that off this time. 

And I don't give a crap about yardage when his efficiency was garbage. Joe Flacco is about as efficient as a Hummer, but at least he's big and flashy with the big plays.

that basicily what I said.  joe owns more bad ratins than bout any other nfl qb.  what I said was after collectin the big contrac and then the renegoatiated contrac joe has played like he got paid.  his numbas are bout the same but your right he got bad gas mileaege.

10 hours ago, rossihunter2 said:

you mean eating the bad record for the next decade...

skary thing is without the comprehesuv plan  you might see that bad decaid run without the good draff possitions.

Edited by RayRayRaven

5 hours ago, Virginia 55 said:

I would like him to retire!

I dont believe this team will win another bowl with him at the helm. 

and that's the bottom line. I'm not enjoyin the post season no more. we got no real mojo at all. rememba how when the season started you knew we were in it to win it and right there for the big prize. if joe retires we still got a cuple yrs of alloccated bonus money.  I jus believe if u make a bad move you doan stick it out when ya know its bad.  theres a price to coff up for misstakes. ya cant hide from it. it aint goin away.

1 hour ago, Edgar said:

Joe breaks down film every Monday night for two hours along with Dennis Pitta.

ya and they got a good thing goin.  they are the lords of the three yard pass no yac

43 minutes ago, ThatsMyJoeTerback said:

They do? If only Joe can review tape with the rest of the receivers.

Not football film. Oh no, I meant the bachelor.

1 hour ago, RayRayRaven said:

that basicily what I said.  joe owns more bad ratins than bout any other nfl qb.  what I said was after collectin the big contrac and then the renegoatiated contrac joe has played like he got paid.  his numbas are bout the same but your right he got bad gas mileaege.

eye gvie up. u r 2 gd argemruents. wuts ven the piont in dnying ur brlllanc. yu w1n.

Just now, rossihunter2 said:

eye gvie up. u r 2 gd argemruents. wuts ven the piont in dnying ur brlllanc. yu w1n.

this was literally the most time i've ever spent on a post this short...

19 hours ago, Virginia 55 said:

So how many people exactly don't agree flacco needs to play better? The consensus of about half the ravens fans like him but admit he needs to be better, the other half bash him into the ground with zero context.

One of those halves is logical and pays attention, the other half is a bunch of simpletons who stick their fingers in their ears and yell "LALALA I CANT HEAR YOU!". Can you guess which half is which?

14 hours ago, RayRayRaven said:

and that's the bottom line. I'm not enjoyin the post season no more. we got no real mojo at all. rememba how when the season started you knew we were in it to win it and right there for the big prize. if joe retires we still got a cuple yrs of alloccated bonus money.  I jus believe if u make a bad move you doan stick it out when ya know its bad.  theres a price to coff up for misstakes. ya cant hide from it. it aint goin away.

Lol the irony of you saying this. 

Cant hide from his 47m in guaranteed money either, and THATS the bottom line.

50 minutes ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

So how many people exactly don't agree flacco needs to play better? The consensus of about half the ravens fans like him but admit he needs to be better, the other half bash him into the ground with zero context.

One of those halves is logical and pays attention, the other half is a bunch of simpletons who stick their fingers in their ears and yell "LALALA I CANT HEAR YOU!". Can you guess which half is which?

I'm struggling with this one... can you give me a clue?

37 minutes ago, rossihunter2 said:

I'm struggling with this one... can you give me a clue?

For a clue, see first paragraph, should make it obvious 

4 hours ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

Lol the irony of you saying this. 

Cant hide from his 47m in guaranteed money either, and THATS the bottom line.

421a48955ca438a67aa424d6937b9f3f.jpg