Moderator 2

The good, the bad, really bad and ugly week 7 vs Jets vent

471 posts in this topic

The Good: Nothing

The Bad: The Ravens

The Really bad: This organization

The Ugly: Steve Bisciotti's NFL team and Joe Flacco

Edited by Bandwagon

This offense is still putrid, even with a coordinator change. 

I don't think it's a secret that the Ravens lack a ton of depth and talent overall, but Flacco does deserve a ton of blame. 

When he steps into throws and sets his feet, he looks incredible. However, it's a major issue that he's not setting his feet and he's frequently throwing off his back foot. Many times it looks like he's using his upper body only to make throws instead of using his legs and hips. 

I was super hopeful that the ACL tear would allow him to relearn his mechanics, but they look worse than ever. He's relying way too much on his arm talent.

Same old, same old... We can literally just copy-paste the previous game thread, all the same problems. Offense is more than struggling, we made what 16 points to NEW YORK JETS ? smh...

This is just a bad team as it's currently constructed.  I know we're dealing with a lot of injuries, but it's still just ugly week after week.  The offense needs a serious overhaul.

Not even upset anymore.  Accepted that we are just the worst team in football.  Sit Joe until he isn't afraid to step into a throw.

Edited by sharkh20

Just now, BmoreBird22 said:

This offense is still putrid, even with a coordinator change. 

I don't think it's a secret that the Ravens lack a ton of depth and talent overall, but Flacco does deserve a ton of blame. 

When he steps into throws and sets his feet, he looks incredible. However, it's a major issue that he's not setting his feet and he's frequently throwing off his back foot. Many times it looks like he's using his upper body only to make throws instead of using his legs and hips. 

I was super hopeful that the ACL tear would allow him to relearn his mechanics, but they look worse than ever. He's relying way too much on his arm talent.

Yeah, Flacco usually is good to lay an egg once or twice a year.

We need the bye desperately. Just get healthy on the oline. 

I wouldn't be objected to another high draft pick tbh

D your the MVP you did your best we don't blame you

But nooooope O you ugly as hell. It time to start talking about draft picks and o coords and maybe a new  HC

I think the one really telling stat is that before that final drive, the offense had 16 yards on 18 plays and two turnovers. I know you've got a lot of injuries, but seriously?

Flacco was dealing with split personalities today.  1st half Joe was smooth and efficient.  2nd half Joe was nearly as bad as I've ever seen him.

Just now, sharkh20 said:

Not even upset anymore.  Accepted that we are just the worst team in football.

Nah. Cleveland but I'm not sure if they count

Good tucker. Judon played well IMO 

the ravens stink. Beginning of end for harbaugh(of course he won't fired anytime soon)

may be time for Ozzie to step aside. 

Just now, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

Yeah, Flacco usually is good to lay an egg once or twice a year.

We need the bye desperately. Just get healthy on the oline. 

I wouldn't be objected to another high draft pick tbh

It's not once or twice a year. It's been a consistent issue all year. He'll put you in a position to win every game, generally, but this year, his sloppy mechanics are costing them more often than not.

1 minute ago, reed20 said:

Perriman shut down for 7 games now. Bust.

Because if there's anything wrong with this team it's the third/fourth string WR - nice logic bro

1 minute ago, rmw10 said:

Flacco was dealing with split personalities today.  1st half Joe was smooth and efficient.  2nd half Joe was nearly as bad as I've ever seen him.

Guessing his shoulder treatment wore off and the o-line deteriorated.

Just now, BmoreBird22 said:

It's not once or twice a year. It's been a consistent issue all year. He'll put you in a position to win every game, generally, but this year, his sloppy mechanics are costing them more often than not.

But this is the first game that's on him is what I'm saying. Usually can pin one or two. 

Flacco looked good the first half. Horrid the second half. I don't know what happened there. 

And can we please use more West? That'd be great. 

1 minute ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

Nah. Cleveland but I'm not sure if they count

Well, without luck, we would have lost to them too.

1 minute ago, Moderator 3 said:

Guessing his shoulder treatment wore off and the o-line deteriorated.

Not to absolve Flacco as he's had a lot of faults, but I can't blame him for how jittery he is in the pocket right now.  I'd be a little nervous if I was being hit on almost every drop back, too.

Edited by rmw10

UGLY!!!

Flacco's 2 pics are all on him...

The O-line looks horrible anyone who watched the game saw Flacco constantly under pressure and getting tripped by his own lineman 2 times causing him to fall when trying to hand off the ball.

Still too many penalties and dumb mistakes shooting themselves in the foot.

3-4 enough said I guess the work being put in is just not enough we have had this bad tase in our mouths for 4-weeks now DAMB that's a month.

The good Wallace.