• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
kennethyamini1989

Is Harbaugh on the Hot Seat Yet

1,243 posts in this topic

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 9:04 PM, usmccharles said:

Or was it.....Ray Rice, Torrey Smith, Jacoby Jones, Boldin, Joe Flacco, Pitta, Ed Reed, Ray lewis, Ngata, Suggs, Jimmy Smith......

Yea, im guessing it has something to do with the amazing roster we fielded....but thats none of my business.

yah and you left some solids out. when someon e looks at that roster and then our current roster is it any wonder

1 hour ago, RayRayRaven said:

yah and you left some solids out. when someon e looks at that roster and then our current roster is it any wonder

Exactly.   No one will deny we had a stacked team.   And Joe played great.   Any wonder?

Will, and Should Harbaugh be on the Hot Seat next season? I realize that some people might have two different answers to that question. I'm just curious to see what the majority of the Ravens fans think. Should next year determine Harbaugh's fate?

On 1/24/2017 at 9:04 PM, usmccharles said:

Or was it.....Ray Rice, Torrey Smith, Jacoby Jones, Boldin, Joe Flacco, Pitta, Ed Reed, Ray lewis, Ngata, Suggs, Jimmy Smith......

Yea, im guessing it has something to do with the amazing roster we fielded....but thats none of my business.

I'd say it was a combo of both.  We had some amazing rosters from 2001-2007, minus the QB, and we didn't see the type or results we did from 2008-2014.  In just 2008, with a division 3 rookie QB, the Ravens won more playoff games than they did in the 7 seasons prior.

John deserves credit just like those players do, just like Ozzie does

5 minutes ago, Purple_City39 said:

I'd say it was a combo of both.  We had some amazing rosters from 2001-2007, minus the QB, and we didn't see the type or results we did from 2008-2014.  In just 2008, with a division 3 rookie QB, the Ravens won more playoff games than they did in the 7 seasons prior.

John deserves credit just like those players do, just like Ozzie does

Yea that was kind of my point, im a Harbs fan.  I was basically just saying its more than one person. 

1 hour ago, usmccharles said:

Yea that was kind of my point, im a Harbs fan.  I was basically just saying its more than one person. 

My mistake.  Definitely misread

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 10:58 AM, RavenManiac#7 said:

Will, and Should Harbaugh be on the Hot Seat next season? I realize that some people might have two different answers to that question. I'm just curious to see what the majority of the Ravens fans think. Should next year determine Harbaugh's fate?

ya kno a good HC career in the nfl is about 10 yrs.  he had some world class players in that time and few of them now. I hav outcoached harball my self for three yrs. but even if he is a mediogre coach, sometimes life tells ya its time for a change.  jus like that

Edited by RayRayRaven

1 hour ago, RayRayRaven said:

ya kno a good HC career in the nfl is about 10 yrs.  he had some world class players in that time and few of them now. I hav outcoached harball my self for three yrs. but even if he is a mediogre coach, sometimes life tells ya its time for a change.  jus like that

Ya know, when this was first brought up during mid season, i thought it was just just insane.  But im willing to admit ive come around a bit on this next season being a real test and if its just a bad implosion of a season, it might just be time for a change.  Andy Reid and Marvin Lewis have been good coaches in their career, but being there for so long....its time to mix things up

2 hours ago, usmccharles said:

Ya know, when this was first brought up during mid season, i thought it was just just insane.  But im willing to admit ive come around a bit on this next season being a real test and if its just a bad implosion of a season, it might just be time for a change.  Andy Reid and Marvin Lewis have been good coaches in their career, but being there for so long....its time to mix things up

Congratulations on your epiphany! With all the dead money we have, it will be hard to get this team turned around next year. There are just too many holes to fill and not enough good coaching to make it happen. A career change would be good for John and the Ravens.

37 minutes ago, frozen joe flacco fan said:

Congratulations on your epiphany! With all the dead money we have, it will be hard to get this team turned around next year. There are just too many holes to fill and not enough good coaching to make it happen. A career change would be good for John and the Ravens.

I know man......that 5.4mill in dead money is atrocious :huh:

Also, i still think it was insane when the thread was made.  When we won the SB the last weeks of that year was not looking good.  But some fans tend to over-react, its ok, it happens.  When this thread was made we were 3-3...i mean come on. 

Edited by usmccharles

The way free agency seems to be shaking out we will be saying by to Harbaugh after this season. 

Our team is terrible!!  It seems to keep getting worse.

I remember why I never come to the Raven Talk thread in the offseason.... Everyone acts like the world is crumbling down after DAY ONE of free agency. The draft hasn't happened, there are still many moves teams will make, and this team will be in position to compete.