kennethyamini1989

Is Harbaugh on the Hot Seat Yet

1,243 posts in this topic

What else is there to say? 3 weeks in a row where ultimately bad coaching decisions have cost the Ravens games. 

Edited by kennethyamini1989

2 weeks in a row? Come on man more like 2 years in a row. Get that guy outta here and take his whole crew with him.

Edited by wizard1

2 minutes ago, Mad Puppy said:

He Should be

Yes he should be. If Trestman isn't gone after this, the owner should make Harbaugh pack his bags along with Trestman and kick both out the door.

2014 we got cheated in the playoffs by the pats. they didn't give us time to make subs and had deflated footballs. We would have beaten the colts in the next round! 

2013 we had to retool. 2014 we had a superbowl caliber squad. 2015 we had injuries. Thus far his job is safe. 

Losing Ricky Wagner by calling a timeout and trying a pasd play with one second left in the half had a hugeeee bearing on the pass protection in the second.

The fake FG? What's to discuss.....

Harbaugh's not going anywhere any time soon. It'd probably literally take a couple more underachieving seasons for that to happen. This is coming from someone who's never been a big fan of his, but despite his boneheaded decisions throughout the years and in particular this season, I think he's the least of this team's problems.

3 minutes ago, Raving_Heathen said:

Harbaugh's not going anywhere any time soon. It'd probably literally take a couple more underachieving seasons for that to happen. This is coming from someone who's never been a big fan of his, but despite his boneheaded decisions throughout the years and in particular this season, I think he's the least of this team's problems.

Overpaying average players and bad drafting isnt a good combo is it? ..is it ed...is it oz?

Trestman's seat is on fire right now, but Harbaugh's is getting warm. If we have another bad season, the front office has to start evaluating him. The SB win gives him the benefit of the doubt, but that was burned last year. If we have a bad season this year, I think next year is his last chance.

At this point though, no reason to fire him mid season. He's 3-2 and people have said a good OC makes us 5-0. Firing him and Trestman would cause more issues than it would solve. 

John Harbaugh isn't on the hot seat, as much as some wish he was, he isn't. Harbs suffered his first losing season last year in the 8 years he has been here. So far in his ninth season, things are mixed but we are again competitive under him. We still were very competitive last year despite the injuries, Harbs isn't going anywhere. If anything, if this season goes south(meaning we keep Trestman) then 2017 he will be on the hot seat after back to back losing seasons.

1 hour ago, waybeyond said:

Yes he should be. If Trestman isn't gone after this, the owner should make Harbaugh pack his bags along with Trestman and kick both out the door.

Yes!!! Trestman nneeds kicking to the curb.... The Bears wasn't anything with him. Now he's bringing down the Ravens

4 minutes ago, PurpleCity5 said:

No thanks, I would like him here as an OC though.

Harbs is a great head coach... It's the offensive coordinator that needs an early retirement

harbs gung ho appraoch works if the offence  has shown its a top one.

He could have helped this team but he actually makes us worse..because he insists that we are better than 3 points when we can hardly move the ball for prolonged periods! Also, as we havent won a game by more than 6 points since i was 30 ( im 32 now) how on earth can anyone justify not taking the points?

I'm not usually the spelling police, but if you can't even spell a name right in the title of the thread, I think the thread is defeated before it gets started.

I mean with the wide range of resources available to actually get spelling right these days, its kind of like publishing a book and having a word misspelled on the book's cover.

18 minutes ago, rmcjacket23 said:

I'm not usually the spelling police, but if you can't even spell a name right in the title of the thread, I think the thread is defeated before it gets started.

I mean with the wide range of resources available to actually get spelling right these days, its kind of like publishing a book and having a word misspelled on the book's cover.

Fixed.

4 minutes ago, rmcjacket23 said:

Why fix it? It perfectly summarized the entire topic and the OP of the topic.

Because misspelled subject lines are embarrassing.

Just now, Moderator 3 said:

Because misspelled subject lines are embarrassing.

My point exactly. Sometimes people need to feel embarrassment.

Maryland should have hired John as head coach, just think having a Harbowl against Michigan every year would a hot ticket in either College Park or Ann Arbor.