• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
Moderator 3

Baltimore Orioles Off-season 2016-2017

226 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, OriolesMagicPlease said:

Every single fan of every single team wants to see their team make it to the World Series. Buck is our best chance.

He's gotta leave first before that can happen. Look at the history what happens to a ball club after Buck got fired 

1995 Yankees= 1996 Yankees World Champs 

2000 D-Backs = 2001 D-Backs World Champs 

2008 Rangers = 2010 & 2011 Lost in World Series  

1 hour ago, Steve0x said:

He's gotta leave first before that can happen. Look at the history what happens to a ball club after Buck got fired 

1995 Yankees= 1996 Yankees World Champs 

2000 D-Backs = 2001 D-Backs World Champs 

2008 Rangers = 2010 & 2011 Lost in World Series  

I know all about that history. I even knew about it before you repeated 30 times. And it doesn't prove your theory. Firing Buck is not the reason those teams made it to the World Series. Buck built those teams up to be good enough to get there.

The Orioles apparently want to sign Trumbo long term and are going to pursue Ian Desmond to play RF/LF. He'd represent a good power hitter and be a major improvement in the outfield. Having an outfield of Desmond-Jones-Bourn wouldn't be superb because Jones is a defensive liability now, but it'd be much better than what it was to start the year.

Also, many are wondering if the Orioles will trade Britton due to his increasing salary. He's hitting the same salary Jim Johnson was at when he was traded. Difference is that Johnson was blowing saves the prior season and clearly not even close to the level that Britton is at. I wonder if they'll consider moving him back to the rotation as a starter due to the increased salary and recent success as a relief pitcher, showing increased command and a low hit-ability.

4 hours ago, Moderator 3 said:
H-c07lOI_normal.jpg Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch)
#orioles make it official. Roger McDowell is pitching coach and Alan Mills bullpen coach

q_ZRKvp2_normal.jpg The Oriole Bird (@OrioleBird)
DYK: McDowell & Mills were teammates on the 1996 Orioles club that earned an AL Wild Card berth in the postseason & advanced to the ALCS!

OH MY GOD!  Roger McDowell? He's the worst pitching coach. If fans would listen to me stop going to O's games just like Baltimore Colts fans were smart enough not spend a red cent watching them we might get a new owner or a better team. Just like Colts left Baltimore and now we got a better team. OUR RAVENS!  

47 minutes ago, Steve0x said:

OH MY GOD!  Roger McDowell? He's the worst pitching coach. If fans would listen to me stop going to O's games just like Baltimore Colts fans were smart enough not spend a red cent watching them we might get a new owner or a better team. Just like Colts left Baltimore and now we got a better team. OUR RAVENS!  

Yeah we aren't' getting a new team if the Orioles win, they will just tell us to become Nats fans. And if fans don't spend money on the Orioles they will use that as the justification for not bringing another team in. Follow your advice and Baltimore baseball enters some really dark years. How about no. If you don't like the current team, go become a fan of someone else. 

2 hours ago, 52520Andrew said:

Yeah we aren't' getting a new team if the Orioles win, they will just tell us to become Nats fans. And if fans don't spend money on the Orioles they will use that as the justification for not bringing another team in. Follow your advice and Baltimore baseball enters some really dark years. How about no. If you don't like the current team, go become a fan of someone else. 

We didn't do that when the Colts left. Look at NYC when the Dodgers left. THEY GOT THE METS!

27 minutes ago, Steve0x said:

We didn't do that when the Colts left. Look at NYC when the Dodgers left. THEY GOT THE METS!

Because NYC is a big market. We aren't. If the Orioles leave after years of bad ticket sales, it is pretty hard to convince a new team that ticket sales would be there. They would look at the sales and go somewhere where they could make money like any smart business owner would.

Well Look at the Rams when they moved to St Louis years after the Cardinals left St Louis. St Louis is a very low market for the NFL. They managed to get another team back for a short while.

20 minutes ago, Steve0x said:

Well Look at the Rams when they moved to St Louis years after the Cardinals left St Louis. St Louis is a very low market for the NFL. They managed to get another team back for a short while.

St. Louis also isn't right next to the capitol. 

But the same thing will happen when or if the O's move. 5 to 10 years there will be another team in Baltimore who knows maybe the Rays or Angels might come to Camden Yards.

3 hours ago, Steve0x said:

But the same thing will happen when or if the O's move. 5 to 10 years there will be another team in Baltimore who knows maybe the Rays or Angels might come to Camden Yards.

1. Angels make too much in LA to move here, that would be stupid

2. You think just because we got LUCKY with the Ravens means that if we push the Orioles out another team is just going to come here and start winning the world series. What if the Orioles are the ones to start winning somewhere else and we get stuck with a team that doesn't do anything? The grass is always greener on the other side but you seem to think there actually is grass on the other side of a cliff. 

If you don't like the current team to the point that you won't buy tickets or support them then by all means go support someone else. Rooting for a team to move is sick. 

3 hours ago, Steve0x said:

I LIKE our team and I don't want to wait years for another one.  Just give this whole idea of yours a rest.  You've practically spammed us with this by posting it over and over.

4 hours ago, 52520Andrew said:

1. Angels make too much in LA to move here, that would be stupid

2. You think just because we got LUCKY with the Ravens means that if we push the Orioles out another team is just going to come here and start winning the world series. What if the Orioles are the ones to start winning somewhere else and we get stuck with a team that doesn't do anything? The grass is always greener on the other side but you seem to think there actually is grass on the other side of a cliff. 

If you don't like the current team to the point that you won't buy tickets or support them then by all means go support someone else. Rooting for a team to move is sick. 

Well Baltimore Colts fans wanted Irsay and The Colts outta here. So,,Why not boot Mr Angelos outta here and take the O's with him just like Irsay did?

5 hours ago, Moderator 3 said:

I LIKE our team and I don't want to wait years for another one.  Just give this whole idea of yours a rest.  You've practically spammed us with this by posting it over and over.

Mod 3,,You weren't around those dark days of the Baltimore Colts. I lived though the 80s. I saw what went on at Memorial Stadium when games were blacked out on WMAR CH 2. Why couldn't the state of Maryland take the team away from Peter Angelos? Just like Harry Hughes tried to take the Colts away from Irsay but it was too late.  

Edited by Steve0x

29 minutes ago, Steve0x said:

Well Baltimore Colts fans wanted Irsay and The Colts outta here. So,,Why not boot Mr Angelos outta here and take the O's with him just like Irsay did?

Yeah and those people are sick as well. Anyone who was happy when the Colts snuck out of town that night is not a true fan. End of story

21 hours ago, Steve0x said:

OH MY GOD!  Roger McDowell? He's the worst pitching coach. 

Atlanta ranked no lower than fourth in the NL in ERA during seven of McDowell's seasons, and led the league in 2013. But after deciding to rebuild, the Braves ranked 13th in 2015 and 11th this past season with a 4.51 ERA.

1 hour ago, 52520Andrew said:

Yeah and those people are sick as well. Anyone who was happy when the Colts snuck out of town that night is not a true fan. End of story

Well we got the last laugh.. Winning seasons,, 4 AFC Championship games and two super bowl titles. What have the Colts done  in their first 20 years in indy? 

Edited by Steve0x

57 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

Atlanta ranked no lower than fourth in the NL in ERA during seven of McDowell's seasons, and led the league in 2013. But after deciding to rebuild, the Braves ranked 13th in 2015 and 11th this past season with a 4.51 ERA.

Well Why didn't O's just simply fire Buck and Hire Rick Dempsey as new manager and Steve McCatty pitching coach 

57 minutes ago, Steve0x said:

Well we got the last laugh.. Winning seasons,, 4 AFC Championship games and two super bowl titles. What have the Colts done  in their first 20 years in indy? 

You got lucky, that is what you got. You got lucky we had such a great team move here and had one of the best drafts ever their first year here. You guys came up aces. It doesn't happen to most cities. Some never recover.

1 hour ago, 52520Andrew said:

You got lucky, that is what you got. You got lucky we had such a great team move here and had one of the best drafts ever their first year here. You guys came up aces. It doesn't happen to most cities. Some never recover.

Has nothing to do with luck. It was the Maryland Stadium authority who worked with Mr Modell to lure his Browns to Baltimore. We can do the same thing to Rays & Angels just like the D,C Stadium authority stole the Expos from Montreal. 

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 0:25 PM, Moderator 3 said:
H-c07lOI_normal.jpg Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch)
#orioles make it official. Roger McDowell is pitching coach and Alan Mills bullpen coach

q_ZRKvp2_normal.jpg The Oriole Bird (@OrioleBird)
DYK: McDowell & Mills were teammates on the 1996 Orioles club that earned an AL Wild Card berth in the postseason & advanced to the ALCS!

Millsy. I remember in one game there was a brawl and he took like 5 guys out all by himself. Great relief pitcher and him and McDowell will be great for our staff.

13 hours ago, Steve0x said:

Sounds like a great idea. Lets roll the dice. Seriously you may just want to start rooting for the Florida teams or something.

4 hours ago, 52520Andrew said:

Agreed. People were not happy when the Colts left. Well except Steve.

1 hour ago, Steve0x said:

Has nothing to do with luck. It was the Maryland Stadium authority who worked with Mr Modell to lure his Browns to Baltimore. We can do the same thing to Rays & Angels just like the D,C Stadium authority stole the Expos from Montreal. 

The Ravens winning is all luck. I mean of the 4 most recent team moves or expansions, we have the Texans, Jaguars, Panthers, and Ravens. 1 team has a Super Bowl win. 

8 hours ago, Willbacker said:

Millsy. I remember in one game there was a brawl and he took like 5 guys out all by himself. Great relief pitcher and him and McDowell will be great for our staff.

Sounds like a great idea. Lets roll the dice. Seriously you may just want to start rooting for the Florida teams or something.

Agreed. People were not happy when the Colts left. Well except Steve.

Well Most of my friends and family said they want Colts here without Irsay. I feel same way about the O's now.. I want the O's here without Peter Angelos. 

8 hours ago, Steve0x said:

Well Most of my friends and family said they want Colts here without Irsay. I feel same way about the O's now.. I want the O's here without Peter Angelos. 

I think most fans want the O's here without Angelos, but I don't see how shipping the team out of the state is an answer for this...

Am I the only one who sees how much Angelos' management of the team has changed the last few years?  He's spending money on re-signing and bringing in players.  He seems to be letting the baseball people make decisions.  I no longer have an issue with him.

47 minutes ago, Moderator 3 said:

Am I the only one who sees how much Angelos' management of the team has changed the last few years?  He's spending money on re-signing and bringing in players.  He seems to be letting the baseball people make decisions.  I no longer have an issue with him.

If the Orioles make a big splash signing outside of the organization or re-sign Machado this season, I'll back off of him, but really the only big signing he made was Davis recently.

1 hour ago, Moderator 3 said:

I think his involvement is becoming less every year. That said I'll never forgive him for letting Moose walk.   lol

Edited by Tank 92

14 hours ago, Moderator 3 said:

Why isn't he spending money on free agent pitchers?