Moderator 3

Baltimore Orioles Off-season 2016-2017 (and April 2017)

450 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, cobrajet said:

We got the win and the shutout..........nice!!!!!!

Its good to see the pitching starting well and the Tigers had their big thumpers in there.

Glad to see Ubaldo pitched well yesterday, but is anyone else a little concerned about the lack or runs we are scoring? I see some of the insane runs some of the other teams are having. I think one team scored 19 and another 15 runs this week. I know there is all kinds of reasons for this (that I do understand), but we are not putting up very much lately, although we are not giving up those high number of runs either, so I guess that is a good sign - although I think we are a minus 4 right now in RS v RA.

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:01 AM, cobrajet said:

Glad to see Ubaldo pitched well yesterday, but is anyone else a little concerned about the lack or runs we are scoring? I see some of the insane runs some of the other teams are having. I think one team scored 19 and another 15 runs this week. I know there is all kinds of reasons for this (that I do understand), but we are not putting up very much lately, although we are not giving up those high number of runs either, so I guess that is a good sign - although I think we are a minus 4 right now in RS v RA.

I'm not too concerned about the lack of runs...yet.

I admit I don't pay a lot of attention to pre-season, but Robert Andino is on the team?

56 minutes ago, OriolesMagicPlease said:

I'm not too concerned about the lack of runs...yet.

I admit I don't pay a lot of attention to pre-season, but Robert Andino is on the team?

Yep.  Non-roster invitee likely battling it out with Flaherty and Giovatella for the utility infielder slot.

1 hour ago, rmw10 said:

Yep.  Non-roster invitee likely battling it out with Flaherty and Giovatella for the utility infielder slot.

Oh, okay, thanks. I don't know who Giovatella is. So, out of three who do you think is the best option?

55 minutes ago, OriolesMagicPlease said:

Oh, okay, thanks. I don't know who Giovatella is. So, out of three who do you think is the best option?

I think they're all about the same.  Flaherty probably has more versatility but has a decently high salary.  Think they're hoping one of the other 2 play well enough to take a small step back in versatility.

22 hours ago, rmw10 said:

I think they're all about the same.  Flaherty probably has more versatility but has a decently high salary.  Think they're hoping one of the other 2 play well enough to take a small step back in versatility.

So do you think if they choose one of the other two Flaherty will be cut or stay at triple A?

2 minutes ago, OriolesMagicPlease said:

Bad Ubaldo showed up yesterday. Sigh.

Just one inning. :rolleyes:

Can't wait for the WBC Finals tonight.  Can Jonesie do it one more time?  From now on, he'll always be "Captain America" to me.

7 minutes ago, Moderator 3 said:

Just one inning. :rolleyes:

Can't wait for the WBC Finals tonight.  Can Jonesie do it one more time?  From now on, he'll always be "Captain America" to me.

One inning is usually always his downfall though. If you pitch 5 great innings and one horrible one, you are still horrible. I am mean like that. :P

Jones has been impressive!

U.S.A!  U.S.A!  I can't believe how much I enjoyed this year's WBC.  Our Orioles really put on a show, too.  Maybe next time other team's stars will be more willing to participate.  It'll be nice to have all of our guys back in camp, though. 

As the off-season wraps up, I'm pretty excited.  I think we have a good mix of young and veteran talent.  Still worried about pitching, but I guess I'll just have to hope for the best.

I guess there's no reason to make a regular season thread and post predictions, etc. :(

22 hours ago, Moderator 3 said:

As the off-season wraps up, I'm pretty excited.  I think we have a good mix of young and veteran talent.  Still worried about pitching, but I guess I'll just have to hope for the best.

I guess there's no reason to make a regular season thread and post predictions, etc. :(

It was fun going back and reading what everyone predicted after the season was over last year.

I feel like we failed by not adding a number one starter. That is what we need to push us over the top. Same old story, but I'm still hopeful!

8 hours ago, OriolesMagicPlease said:

It was fun going back and reading what everyone predicted after the season was over last year.

I feel like we failed by not adding a number one starter. That is what we need to push us over the top. Same old story, but I'm still hopeful!

I don't think there was a number one starter that we could add. Gausman and Bundy have shown promise and Tillman is good when he is healthy. I think a top pitcher would have to be found in the draft.

13 hours ago, OriolesMagicPlease said:

4 hours ago, SepticeyePoe said:

I don't think there was a number one starter that we could add. Gausman and Bundy have shown promise and Tillman is good when he is healthy. I think a top pitcher would have to be found in the draft.

It is the year of The Bundy!

I truly enjoyed talking Orioles baseball with everyone that ventured down to the Off-Topic Forum. From the bottom of my heart I want to say, I am really going to miss everyone's company when these boards close. For a few more weeks at least, I hope to see some familiar posts when Crush Davis hits them out of the park ;) God bless everyone! Go O's!!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, cobrajet said:

I truly enjoyed talking Orioles baseball with everyone that ventured down to the Off-Topic Forum. From the bottom of my heart I want to say, I am really going to miss everyone's company when these boards close. For a few more weeks at least, I hope to see some familiar posts when Crush Davis hits them out of the park ;) God bless everyone! Go O's!!!!!!!!!

I'll be here for the duration.  In the meanwhile, I think we're going to love Trey.

leau4v4P_normal.jpg Orioles on MASN (@masnOrioles)
"I'd dance with the Oriole on top of the dugout to 'Thank God I'm a Country Boy' if it meant being on the team."-@TreyMancini #IBackTheBirds pic.twitter.com/5KJMBx9Ss0

On 3/30/2017 at 4:05 PM, Moderator 3 said:

Are we going to talk about the O's regular season here?

12 hours ago, SepticeyePoe said:

Are we going to talk about the O's regular season here?

Yes.

I had to leave in the middle of the 10th and missed Trumbo's homerun. I am so bummed.