Moderator 3

Baltimore Orioles Off-season 2016-2017 (and April 2017)

391 posts in this topic

This is what the O's need in Free Agency 

SP Tim Lincecum = Angels

SP Ivan Nova = Pirates 

SP Ross Detwiler =A's 

RF Travis Snider = Royals

If O's sign these players i promise i wont complain or gripe about them the whole season. The fact is the current starting pitching sucks! They not consistent is exactly why O's lost at Toronto.  

Edited by Steve0x

3 minutes ago, 52520Andrew said:

Didn't we sign Snider at one point and he did terribly here? Why would we bring him back?

Are you trying to talk sense?

1 hour ago, Steve0x said:

This is what the O's need in Free Agency 

SP Tim Lincecum = Angels

SP Ivan Nova = Pirates 

SP Ross Detwiler =A's 

RF Travis Snider = Royals

If O's sign these players i promise i wont complain or gripe about them the whole season. The fact is the current starting pitching sucks! They not consistent is exactly why O's lost at Toronto.  

Can you list explanations for each as to why you want these guys. What are they gonna provides besides more mediocrity. You defintly have to explain Snider at least.

30 minutes ago, Willbacker said:

Can you list explanations for each as to why you want these guys. What are they gonna provides besides more mediocrity. You defintly have to explain Snider at least.

Snyder is a regular right fielder. He might not hit but he can play that position better than Trumbo. Trumbo wants to play first base. We already have a first basemen that Chris Davs. And these pitchers are way better than our regular starters  Bundy and Miley both belong on the bullpen and Jimenez needs to be released. He just sucks. So my list would improve the starting pitching.   

1 hour ago, Steve0x said:

Snyder is a regular right fielder. He might not hit but he can play that position better than Trumbo. Trumbo wants to play first base. We already have a first basemen that Chris Davs. And these pitchers are way better than our regular starters  Bundy and Miley both belong on the bullpen and Jimenez needs to be released. He just sucks. So my list would improve the starting pitching.   

So you want the same Tim Lincecum that had an ERA over 9 last year?  And that's supposed to improve the starting pitching how?

13 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

So you want the same Tim Lincecum that had an ERA over 9 last year?  And that's supposed to improve the starting pitching how?

How do you know he wont get it back? Nobody knows.. You wanna know how all the sudden the Chicago Cubs became world champs? Ill tell you why,,They took risks. Just like they signed Jake Arretta off the O's. So how do you know Tim Lincecum wont do the same thing?

13 minutes ago, Steve0x said:

How do you know he wont get it back? Nobody knows.. You wanna know how all the sudden the Chicago Cubs became world champs? Ill tell you why,,They took risks. Just like they signed Jake Arretta off the O's. So how do you know Tim Lincecum wont do the same thing?

Because his career has been spiraling for a number of years and he's shown absolutely no indication that he's any semblance of a good pitcher anymore.

4 hours ago, Steve0x said:

Jeez I just went and looked up Snider and he played all last year in the minors but I guess you didn't say he was regular in the majors lol. Remember we had him and he was terrible.  I agree with you we need starting pitchers but just bringing in mediocre guys isn't going to do it. Maybe Detwiler over Miley but with these other moves we'd be just like gerbils running in the same ol wheel thinking we getting somewhere. If you want to do something ballsy maybe we should trade an Adam Jones or JJ Hardy and get some high profile minor leagers in here like some starting pitching. Or even Manny. Whoa! 

3 hours ago, Willbacker said:

Jeez I just went and looked up Snider and he played all last year in the minors but I guess you didn't say he was regular in the majors lol. Remember we had him and he was terrible.  I agree with you we need starting pitchers but just bringing in mediocre guys isn't going to do it. Maybe Detwiler over Miley but with these other moves we'd be just like gerbils running in the same ol wheel thinking we getting somewhere. If you want to do something ballsy maybe we should trade an Adam Jones or JJ Hardy and get some high profile minor leagers in here like some starting pitching. Or even Manny. Whoa! 

Well O's need a defensive right fielder and pitching forget the bats! 

8 hours ago, Steve0x said:

Well O's need a defensive right fielder and pitching forget the bats! 

The thing we need most is a leadoff hitter. We need better OBP.

10 hours ago, Willbacker said:

The thing we need most is a leadoff hitter. We need better OBP.

Start looking for a leadoff hitter from Norfolk

On December 4, 2016 at 8:18 PM, Willbacker said:

Joey Rickard

Why not give him a chance? Look what happened in 1989 when they bought up Brady Anderson?  

9 hours ago, Steve0x said:

Why not give him a chance? Look what happened in 1989 when they bought up Brady Anderson?  

What?  He IS expected to lead off if he's finally healed.

The Orioles aren't going to sign a top of the rotation starter. 

Rotation is going to be .

1.Tillman

2.Gausman

3.Bundy 

4.Gallardo 

5.Non descript middle of the road journryman who had 1 good season 3 years ago/wright

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 11:33 PM, Steve0x said:

I do want to give him a chance. I'd like to see a basestealing threat at the top of the lineup for a change.

8 hours ago, Willbacker said:

I do want to give him a chance. I'd like to see a basestealing threat at the top of the lineup for a change.

Or you know just a basestealing threat anywhere in the clubhouse would be nice 

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 11:33 PM, Steve0x said:

The same Joey Rickard you said didn't deserve to play because he was a rookie???:huh:

8 hours ago, OriolesMagicPlease said:

I love that Dan Duquette told Jose Bautista's agent that we weren't interested because our fans don't like him! Awesome!

O's fans don't like Mark Teixeira nether

21 hours ago, OriolesMagicPlease said:

I love that Dan Duquette told Jose Bautista's agent that we weren't interested because our fans don't like him! Awesome!

That's sooooo funny but the real reason is probally we have no place to play him and I doubt we sign any headliners when we got our own to try and lock up (Manny and Britton).

18 hours ago, 52520Andrew said:

I think its a good move to raid the RedSox minors. I'm going to predict right now Tavarez makes the team cuz we don't want him going back to the Sox. I'm going to have to assume nobody wanted our minorleagers haha.

1 hour ago, Willbacker said:

That's sooooo funny but the real reason is probally we have no place to play him and I doubt we sign any headliners when we got our own to try and lock up (Manny and Britton).

I think its a good move to raid the RedSox minors. I'm going to predict right now Tavarez makes the team cuz we don't want him going back to the Sox. I'm going to have to assume nobody wanted our minorleagers haha.

Yeah I doubt our guys got much interest lol

31 minutes ago, Willbacker said:

Great news. Really not much of a difference between him and Matt.

Better contact hitter, better OPS, and about the same behind the plate. I view this as an upgrade.

1 hour ago, codizzle said:

O's signed a 40 year old pitcher 

Tomo Ohka?  Might as well take a flyer.  Seems we've been trying these knuckle baller projects for years now.

Edited by rmw10