Moderator 3

Baltimore Orioles Off-season 2016-2017 (and April 2017)

388 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, OriolesMagicPlease said:

It is really difficult to know who will come out on top in our division. The "experts" normally predict that we will be in 4th or 5th place every year, lol.

Is your farm system any good right now?

It's about 11th best in the league, we traded away too many good prospects and players for nothing already sadly. I think if the O's had a stronger rotation and had say 2 players with consistently high OBP they would be a damn hard team to beat. I never bother trying to pick a AL EAST winner lol it's too hard. Though i'll give it to bostont his year because chris sale is a beast and he can account for probably another 16 victories this season alone.

6 hours ago, OriolesMagicPlease said:

Zach is getting on my nerves!

Mine as well. I hope he doesn't fall down the Jim Johnson path of decline

5 hours ago, Cville-Raven said:

Didn't deserve to win that in all honesty. Wilson probably needs to be replaced on the roster, that was an awful pitch. Asher pitched really well which is encouraging coming off of Miley's start. Getting those type of starts from the bottom of the rotation guys is going to be huge for us going forward. 

It is indeed. I miss Camden yards. Have Rockies tickets for next week.

this should be fun

28 minutes ago, SepticeyePoe said:

maybe this is why he has struggled 

It puts us down an arm but this is for the better. Hopefully he can get his arm and pitching right. Brach is a more effective pitcher at the moment.

2 hours ago, SepticeyePoe said:

How is Mancini doing at first?

He's ok as its his natural position. He's not as good as Davis obviously but he's solid.  

1 hour ago, Moderator 3 said:
I8pB_ubs_normal.jpg Steve Melewski (@masnSteve)
Amazing note....after Mancini's 2nd HR both Manny and Gentry used an xtra Mancini bat (same model) and they HRd.

Wow, that's cool.

1 hour ago, Cville-Raven said:

He's ok as its his natural position. He's not as good as Davis obviously but he's solid.  

That's good, he should be able to earn more playing time.

The yanks have won 7 straight now, see I had a feeling they would become really good soon, but was hoping it wasn't til next season. They might be able to make playoffs this year. Too many good rookies, if they add to the rotation they will be hard to stop.

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 7:46 PM, Pats said:

It's about 11th best in the league, we traded away too many good prospects and players for nothing already sadly. I think if the O's had a stronger rotation and had say 2 players with consistently high OBP they would be a damn hard team to beat. I never bother trying to pick a AL EAST winner lol it's too hard. Though i'll give it to bostont his year because chris sale is a beast and he can account for probably another 16 victories this season alone.

You are a closet Red Sox fan, aren't you? :P Boston does look pretty good and you are right, a stronger rotation is the key for us. We just can't count on Ubaldo and Miley in my opinion. Are there any players you wish you had back on your team?

Nice way to finish the series after dropping that tough one on Saturday. Pounding Toronto is always fun.

6 minutes ago, OriolesMagicPlease said:

You are a closet Red Sox fan, aren't you? :P Boston does look pretty good and you are right, a stronger rotation is the key for us. We just can't count on Ubaldo and Miley in my opinion. Are there any players you wish you had back on your team?

Nice way to finish the series after dropping that tough one on Saturday. Pounding Toronto is always fun.

Lol no way haha, the red sox are probably the only boston sports team I feel completely indifferent towards. For my team we have traded everyone good. Donaldson from the blue jays we traded them, addison russell from the subs, cespedes from the mets just to name a few sigh.

3 minutes ago, Pats said:

Lol no way haha, the red sox are probably the only boston sports team I feel completely indifferent towards. For my team we have traded everyone good. Donaldson from the blue jays we traded them, addison russell from the subs, cespedes from the mets just to name a few sigh.

Well if you don't hate Boston, I am counting you as a fan. ;) I'd rather the O's didn't have to face Donaldson as much as we do now, so yeah, why did you trade him? :P So what happened with the players you got in return?

16 minutes ago, OriolesMagicPlease said:

Well if you don't hate Boston, I am counting you as a fan. ;) I'd rather the O's didn't have to face Donaldson as much as we do now, so yeah, why did you trade him? :P So what happened with the players you got in return?

Well for donaldson we got kendall graveman, brett lawrie (who was the biggest part of the deal and plays for no one now) and a decent minor league prospect. For cespedes we got jon lester for 2 months, for russell we got jeff samirdjza. All terrible deals sigh.

3 hours ago, Pats said:

Well for donaldson we got kendall graveman, brett lawrie (who was the biggest part of the deal and plays for no one now) and a decent minor league prospect. For cespedes we got jon lester for 2 months, for russell we got jeff samirdjza. All terrible deals sigh.

I really hate giving up a good player for a rental. Yeah, those deals weren't very good.

4 hours ago, OriolesMagicPlease said:

I really hate giving up a good player for a rental. Yeah, those deals weren't very good.

Not only that, but lester isn't even an everyday player like cespedes. Bleh repressed trade memories.

16 hours ago, Pats said:

Not only that, but lester isn't even an everyday player like cespedes. Bleh repressed trade memories.

Sorry for the bad memories. :P

Tillman made a start in AA last night, so that is good.

23 hours ago, SepticeyePoe said:

Maybe Ubaldo will surprise and go 7 innings.

:) Wow, I'm surprised Ubaldo actually went 7.2 shutout innings.

Edited by SepticeyePoe

1 hour ago, 52520Andrew said:

Good Ubaldo :D

lol yeah we seriously needed that because weren't going to score many runs. Garrett is probably NL rookie of the year, that dude is ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, Moderator 3 said:

That was definitely pie worthy.

Agreed! If they were going to start up the pie thing again, last night was the night to do it. I'm so happy Ubaldo gave the bullpen a rest.

11 hours ago, Cville-Raven said:

lol yeah we seriously needed that because weren't going to score many runs. Garrett is probably NL rookie of the year, that dude is ridiculous. 

He was pretty awesome. Glad we got that win, especially with the Yankees on a roll.