Moderator 3

Baltimore Orioles Off-season 2016-2017 (and April 2017)

388 posts in this topic

Mancini dayummmm. And yeah wright had his good form last year and then it fell off near end of the season. Now he's certified trash always now.

Good inning to regain some of the cushion that ubaldo threw away. Btw Blue jays are an AL worst 1-7. Stroman pitched a complete game and they still lost lol.

Oh yeah should thread title be changed to Orioles Season 2017 now? Holy hell do we own the royals lately

3 hours ago, Moderator 3 said:

How big a lead is big enough for Ubaldo?

I am definitely glad he got some run support tonight :) I am always glad to get a win when he pitches because he seriously worries me.

1 hour ago, cobrajet said:

I am definitely glad he got some run support tonight :) I am always glad to get a win when he pitches because he seriously worries me.

Pretty embarrassing that you get a 9-0 lead and you can't go far enough in the game for it to register as a win.

12 hours ago, Cville-Raven said:

Pretty embarrassing that you get a 9-0 lead and you can't go far enough in the game for it to register as a win.

Happy with the win of course, but this is really bad. We need more out of Ubaldo or it is going to kill us. Less than five innings? By the end of the season our bullpen will be toast. So frustrating!

13 hours ago, Pats said:

Oh yeah should thread title be changed to Orioles Season 2017 now? Holy hell do we own the royals lately

Your A's are 5-4. Not too shabby.

7 hours ago, OriolesMagicPlease said:

Your A's are 5-4. Not too shabby.

I'll enjoy the 500 and/or above marks for now but it will come crashing down. O's are doing well but they are such a tricky team to trust. On some days its homerun derby and other days they can't buy a run off of CC sabiatha. The rotation is really inconsistent too. The O's seem good at starting seasons fast. They were 7-0 last year.

With the way Britton has struggled a bit I think he's bound blow one sooner than later. Hopefully the save streak can go on.  

18 hours ago, Pats said:

I'll enjoy the 500 and/or above marks for now but it will come crashing down. O's are doing well but they are such a tricky team to trust. On some days its homerun derby and other days they can't buy a run off of CC sabiatha. The rotation is really inconsistent too. The O's seem good at starting seasons fast. They were 7-0 last year.

The O's usually have a pretty strong first half. So what is going to do your team in, pitching, hitting, defense?

Britton is really scaring me. I hope he gets the dramatics out of his system early in the season. I am loving the Blue Jays start, but it obviously isn't going to last. I would really love to leave Toronto with a 1-11 record though.

2 hours ago, OriolesMagicPlease said:

The O's usually have a pretty strong first half. So what is going to do your team in, pitching, hitting, defense?

Britton is really scaring me. I hope he gets the dramatics out of his system early in the season. I am loving the Blue Jays start, but it obviously isn't going to last. I would really love to leave Toronto with a 1-11 record though.

Everything is gonna do us in as per usual, including injuries. Yeah I think toronto will turn it around like they did last year too but your div is always the hardest one to pick on who makes the postseason.

Zach is seriously scaring me and my post earlier seams pretty accurate. Miley pitched really well tonight and has been pretty decent this season despite the ridiculous amount of walks in his first game. 

14 minutes ago, Cville-Raven said:

Zach is seriously scaring me and my post earlier seams pretty accurate. Miley pitched really well tonight and has been pretty decent this season despite the ridiculous amount of walks in his first game. 

I'm hoping Zach will get better as the season goes on.

Edited by SepticeyePoe

21 hours ago, Pats said:

Everything is gonna do us in as per usual, including injuries. Yeah I think toronto will turn it around like they did last year too but your div is always the hardest one to pick on who makes the postseason.

It is really difficult to know who will come out on top in our division. The "experts" normally predict that we will be in 4th or 5th place every year, lol.

Is your farm system any good right now?

16 hours ago, Cville-Raven said:

Zach is getting on my nerves!

Didn't deserve to win that in all honesty. Wilson probably needs to be replaced on the roster, that was an awful pitch. Asher pitched really well which is encouraging coming off of Miley's start. Getting those type of starts from the bottom of the rotation guys is going to be huge for us going forward.