Sami84

2017 O line

250 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, ALPHA said:

Forrest Lamp with our first?

I wouldn't hate it but I'd prefer a big pusher like Dan Feeney who can really open running lanes. I'd also like a trade back if we're going for either of those.

3 minutes ago, Jacquouille said:

I wouldn't hate it but I'd prefer a big pusher like Dan Feeney who can really open running lanes. I'd also like a trade back if we're going for either of those.

id love lamp in the 2nd but i dont think he gets that far and i dont think he's at the same level as dan feeney either who would be a good trade back option

i like the trade down option but the more i think about it the more i think we hold court and pick because we might get a top 10 guy there and i just dont think there are any linemen worth the 16th pick

49 minutes ago, rossihunter2 said:

id love lamp in the 2nd but i dont think he gets that far and i dont think he's at the same level as dan feeney either who would be a good trade back option

i like the trade down option but the more i think about it the more i think we hold court and pick because we might get a top 10 guy there and i just dont think there are any linemen worth the 16th pick

Yeah, let's be clear, we're not taking an OL with the 16th pick. Period. Either we trade back and consider it a possibility, either we take some later believing we can groom them even without Castillo.

If we're picking an OL in the second, Elflein is my absolute favourite. He's refined, versatile and has it between the ears. Day 1 starter, whatever happens with the other OLinemen.

Trading back is still an option because you can get a top12 player while gaining a 3rd or 4th (picks that Ozzie usually nails), and this class is one of the best in recent memory, so there's really a ton of plausible strategies.

8 hours ago, Jacquouille said:

I think Lamp is an All Pro type guard, somewhere between Justin Pugh and Zach Martin. Feeney has potential but there are real maulers in the draft with pro style experience like Dion Dawkins, I'm not sold on him either he but he has some KO in him. 

I am a Dan Feeney fan, but I would never take him at 16. He will be a very good guard, potentially transforming the whole line. I would easily look to trade back into the early 20s and hoping for a 3rd to do so. The 4th is not worth it. 

I have hated the idea of cam Robinson but at 16, he might be BPA. Moving inside to guard could be a massive boost in value. Watch how he manhandled individuals at the point of attack. His knock is he has a clunky back pedal, move inside to guard and he won't be hindered by those pesky speed rushers. He will match power with power and he is savvy enough to deal with good inside rushers. Could be a home run. 

3 hours ago, RavensDieHard21 said:

I am a Dan Feeney fan, but I would never take him at 16. He will be a very good guard, potentially transforming the whole line. I would easily look to trade back into the early 20s and hoping for a 3rd to do so. The 4th is not worth it. 

I have hated the idea of cam Robinson but at 16, he might be BPA. Moving inside to guard could be a massive boost in value. Watch how he manhandled individuals at the point of attack. His knock is he has a clunky back pedal, move inside to guard and he won't be hindered by those pesky speed rushers. He will match power with power and he is savvy enough to deal with good inside rushers. Could be a home run. 

Yeah he has a tendency to take really shallow first steps and it just happens at random. Such a weird problem

12 hours ago, RavensDieHard21 said:

Can Robinson is actually a pretty safe pick. If he can't play left tackle or needs time to clean up his techniques; He could be a fine RT or even a  fine guard.

Edited by PurpleHorseman

Yeah, I don't know about Robinson, even at G. Doesn't remind you guys too much about Greg Robinson?

I'd rather have Lamp or Feeney, those are much safer picks that bring instant value.

19 minutes ago, Jacquouille said:

Yeah, I don't know about Robinson, even at G. Doesn't remind you guys too much about Greg Robinson?

I'd rather have Lamp or Feeney, those are much safer picks that bring instant value.

I think playing Robinson at guard masks his pass pro deficiencies (namely waist-bending) to an extent, but his general lack of athleticism and inconsistent ability to get to the second level as a blocker would be frustrating. It'll be interesting to see how he moves at the combine. 

Guard or Tackle, I'd still hate to see him go in the First, especially if any of Lamp, Feeney, Ramczyk and Bolles are on the board. I've even see players like Dawkins, Davenport, Moton and Garcia getting more love (albeit by the media) than Robinson. 

3 hours ago, jboy19 said:

I think playing Robinson at guard masks his pass pro deficiencies (namely waist-bending) to an extent, but his general lack of athleticism and inconsistent ability to get to the second level as a blocker would be frustrating. It'll be interesting to see how he moves at the combine. 

Guard or Tackle, I'd still hate to see him go in the First, especially if any of Lamp, Feeney, Ramczyk and Bolles are on the board. I've even see players like Dawkins, Davenport, Moton and Garcia getting more love (albeit by the media) than Robinson. 

Guys like lamp and feeney are the reason I almost want to trade back a load of spots unless a premier guy is there and see if we can grab an extra 2nd because the first two rounds are absolutely loaded and 2 picks in the 2nd could be huge