757RavensFan

2016-2017 Coaching Carousel

359 posts in this topic

Here's a telling stat from that game

Roman's sacking comes one day after Buffalo lost its home opener to the Jets, in which the offense mustered 16 first downs and went 3-for-10 on third downs. Tyrod Taylor threw for 297 yards and three touchdowns, but 155 of those yards and two of those scores came on two plays.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

Here's a telling stat from that game

Roman's sacking comes one day after Buffalo lost its home opener to the Jets, in which the offense mustered 16 first downs and went 3-for-10 on third downs. Tyrod Taylor threw for 297 yards and three touchdowns, but 155 of those yards and two of those scores came on two plays.

Big plays happen in games, that's why you draw them up.  Does it matter if it was two long sustained drives or 2 quick scores (besides time management) it still was 14 pts.  Here's something more telling to me, the Bills put up 31 pts.  I'm willing to bet, 9 times out of 10 if you put up 31 pts and you have an avg defense, you're going to win.  Their defense gave up 37 pts and 500 yards but yeah lets fire the OC.  

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 757RavensFan said:

Big plays happen in games, that's why you draw them up.  Does it matter if it was two long sustained drives or 2 quick scores (besides time management) it still was 14 pts.  Here's something more telling to me, the Bills put up 31 pts.  I'm willing to bet, 9 times out of 10 if you put up 31 pts and you have an avg defense, you're going to win.  Their defense gave up 37 pts and 500 yards but yeah lets fire the OC.  

One of them was a completely blown play from Tyrod scrambling around for seven seconds (I think literally seven) and then one was a defensive touchdown, so realistically the Bills put up 17 points on drawn up plays, but produced most of their yardage off of just two plays.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, 757RavensFan said:

So their defense gets torched by Fitzgerald and you fire the OC?  Brilliant. 

Fitzpatrick. Their offense is bad, it seems they can only do something from broken plays.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it Roman who can't sustain drives or the players on the field? Guess we'll see with the 14 other games. Rexy feeling pressure.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, berad said:

Is it Roman who can't sustain drives or the players on the field? Guess we'll see with the 14 other games. Rexy feeling pressure.

As much as I would love for Tyrod to succeed, he had some horrible throws last night.  Many of which I would consider routine for an avg NFL QB.

One negative that I've read about Tyrod is his lack of accuracy/touch with passes in the 10 -20 yard range.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 757RavensFan said:

As much as I would love for Tyrod to succeed, he had some horrible throws last night.  Many of which I would consider routine for an avg NFL QB.

One negative that I've read about Tyrod is his lack of accuracy/touch with passes in the 10 -20 yard range.  

 I agree and that's perspective of you.

There was a bad one right before the half where he threw a checkdown pass 4-5 feet above LeSean McCoys head on 3rd and 1. Everyone on the Bills either cringed or held their head in disbelief. If he would have completed it, they would have had 1-2 more shots at the endzone but they settled for a FG. That was the worst one I saw.

Tyrod is a good player but that was hard to watch.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 757RavensFan said:

Big plays happen in games, that's why you draw them up.  Does it matter if it was two long sustained drives or 2 quick scores (besides time management) it still was 14 pts.  Here's something more telling to me, the Bills put up 31 pts.  I'm willing to bet, 9 times out of 10 if you put up 31 pts and you have an avg defense, you're going to win.  Their defense gave up 37 pts and 500 yards but yeah lets fire the OC.  

 

Gotta be honest... this perspective seems short-sighted. It reminds me of the day after we fired Cam Cameron after we lost to the Redskins, when our defense was the primary problem that game. Everybody said "why are you firing the OC" when the defense was the problem. Answer... you don't fire a coordinator for one bad game.

I'll preface this by saying I don't think he should have been fired, though I'm not sure why he was ever hired either, because he's not a good coordinator. But as reports are saying, somebodies gotta be the fall guy, and its not either of the Ryan's.

1. For starters, we all know how terrible their offense was in week 1, which I think you ignored tremendously. That factors in here.

2. Piggybacking off Bmore, they're almost exclusive a big play team, which isn't really sustainable. They really only scored 24 points (not a bad night) last night, because 7 came on a fumble-six.

3. Last season, they were the definition of a mediocre offense. They ran the ball very effectively, however were near the bottom in passing yardage and were pretty average on a PPG basis. Sound like Cam Cameron much?

Additionally, in the first two weeks this season, they're averaging 15.5 PPG, and only about 75 YPG rushing, which is basically the exact opposite of what Rex Ryan wants to be.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.  I think you're over looking how bad their def was the past 2 weeks.  They're DEF is giving up on avg almost 400+ yds after 2 weeks. 

2. I never said their offense scored 31. I said the Bills put up 31 pts. As you know, 31 pts is USUALLY a W.

The Jets scored on 7 of 10 drives. They had TWO WRs that had 100+ yards last night and a RB that had almost 100 rushing yards.  If they stop one of those TDs drives, they win. You can't tell me their OC is fired today if they're 1-1.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 757RavensFan said:

1.  I think you're over looking how bad their def was the past 2 weeks.  They're DEF is giving up on avg almost 400+ yds after 2 weeks. 

2. I never said their offense scored 31. I said the Bills put up 31 pts. As you know, 31 pts is USUALLY a W.

The Jets scored on 7 of 10 drives. They had TWO WRs that had 100+ yards last night and a RB that had almost 100 rushing yards.  If they stop one of those TDs drives, they win. You can't tell me their OC is fired today if they're 1-1.  

Some things you aren't considering are the Bills were 3-13 on third down last week and 3-10 yesterday. 

The TOP last night was 2:1 in favor of the Jets. 

Of course that defense got run over. The offense couldn't keep on the field.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, berad said:

Is it Roman who can't sustain drives or the players on the field? Guess we'll see with the 14 other games. Rexy feeling pressure.

Yeah something tells me you should go ahead and make this the "Coaching Carousel 2016 Thread" as Rex's firing isn't that far behind. Possibly after they start off 0-4 and lose to the Patriots and Cardinals.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JO_75 said:

Yeah something tells me you should go ahead and make this the "Coaching Carousel 2016 Thread" as Rex's firing isn't that far behind. Possibly after they start off 0-4 and lose to the Patriots and Cardinals.

Agreed.  Done.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's only week two but anyone want to take a guess on who could be next based on how you think that team's season will go moving forward? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JO_75 said:

It's only week two but anyone want to take a guess on who could be next based on how you think that team's season will go moving forward? 

Jeff Fisher and Les Snead in a combo package.

Funny how this thread has started and we haven't even fininshed week 2 yet.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Willbacker said:

Jeff Fisher and Les Snead in a combo package.

Funny how this thread has started and we haven't even fininshed week 2 yet.

I think they just got extensions, so that's not likely.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Willbacker said:

Jeff Fisher and Les Snead in a combo package.

Funny how this thread has started and we haven't even fininshed week 2 yet.

 

6 hours ago, BmoreBird22 said:

I think they just got extensions, so that's not likely.

Was reading that a deal is in place for Jeff Fisher and Les Snead and that it was only delayed after the 49ers loss. So it sounded like they would have announced the extensions after the game if they had won.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh Poor Gus Bradley, the schedule makers and the way things have gone with an 0-3 start, he may want to find a way to not go to London next week if they haven't fired him on Monday. In 2014, after losing in London, the Raiders fired Dennis Allen. In 2015, we saw the Dolphins(who conveniently beat the Raiders in 2014 causing Dennis Allen to be fired) fire Joe Philbin after losing to the Jets. This Sunday the Jaguars head to.... London to play the Colts who just beat the Chargers who demolished the Jaguars. Looks like Gus Bradley is next on the London Head Coaching Curse.

Edited by JO_75
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2016 at 3:03 AM, JO_75 said:

Oh Poor Gus Bradley, the schedule makers and the way things have gone with an 0-3 start, he may want to find a way to not go to London next week if they haven't fired him on Monday. In 2014, after losing in London, the Raiders fired Dennis Allen. In 2015, we saw the Dolphins(who conveniently beat the Raiders in 2014 causing Dennis Allen to be fired) fire Joe Philbin after losing to the Jets. This Sunday the Jaguars head to.... London to play the Colts who just beat the Chargers who demolished the Jaguars. Looks like Gus Bradley is next on the London Head Coaching Curse.

If I was Gus, I'll be hitting that phone for any jobs available......

 

The way the Jags were playing against us; there is no way that they will win against the Colts, especially Gus ain't harbaugh....

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BmoreBird22 said:

I'd bring in Gus Bradley to the Ravens if he were fired. Does he have any connection to any Ravens staff member?

I like Bradley, I like his energy and his players really vow for him and appreciate him as well. Sucks that he's going to get sacked but hey, 4 years of failed seasons is what it is. I think someone will take him as a DC but he would be an amazing add to this coaching staff. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2016 at 11:23 PM, PurpleCity5 said:

I like Bradley, I like his energy and his players really vow for him and appreciate him as well. Sucks that he's going to get sacked but hey, 4 years of failed seasons is what it is. I think someone will take him as a DC but he would be an amazing add to this coaching staff. 

I think Bradley is another example of a very good coordinator that just isn't the right fit for being a HC.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RaineV1 said:

I think Bradley is another example of a very good coordinator that just isn't the right fit for being a HC.

I don't know if he's there yet, but I don't think it's impossible to think that he could get an opportunity again if he does well. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Rex Ryan and Im assuming Pagano is on the hotseat after a slow start, if both were to be fired and are able and willing to join our staff as DC or lower, who would you take?

I would have to say Ryan because we already have a great DB coach in Frazier.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, lgcs27288 said:

With Rex Ryan and Im assuming Pagano is on the hotseat after a slow start, if both were to be fired and are able and willing to join our staff as DC or lower, who would you take?

I would have to say Ryan because we already have a great DB coach in Frazier.

I'd take Pagano, absolutely.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

I'd take Pagano, absolutely.

I'd 2nd that. Pags was well liked here by the players and being good friends with Harbs makes him an easier fit.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now