RavensPunkXVX

Start Em, Sit Em 2k16

336 posts in this topic

With the pre-season officially over, we can finally prepare for week 1 of the regular season, which means the start of fantasy football!

I'll start this thing off with a player who have in a couple of leagues who I'm hesitant on starting, but could come up big. Will Fuller for Houston. 

In one of my leagues, I have him flexed over Yeldon, Ebron, Treadwell, Coates, Agholor, and Forte.
In another, over Johnathan Stewart, Duke Johnson, Sterling Shephard, Bilal Powell, Willie Snead, Travis Benjamin. 

11 hours ago, RavensPunkXVX said:

With the pre-season officially over, we can finally prepare for week 1 of the regular season, which means the start of fantasy football!

I'll start this thing off with a player who have in a couple of leagues who I'm hesitant on starting, but could come up big. Will Fuller for Houston. 

In one of my leagues, I have him flexed over Yeldon, Ebron, Treadwell, Coates, Agholor, and Forte.
In another, over Johnathan Stewart, Duke Johnson, Sterling Shephard, Bilal Powell, Willie Snead, Travis Benjamin. 

I love fuller week 1. There's no question he's starting opposite Nuke and the Bears are having CB issues. 

22 hours ago, 58RAVENS55 said:

Demaryius Thomas of Jeremy Maclin for my WR2? 

I like maclin. 

My draft is tomorrow, I was planning on trying to draft Terrence west after we release forsett,  but with him resigning... Who do y'all think will be our RB1 and get the most touches? 

9 minutes ago, Davesta said:

My draft is tomorrow, I was planning on trying to draft Terrence west after we release forsett,  but with him resigning... Who do y'all think will be our RB1 and get the most touches? 

Trying to pick a running back from the Ravens is a tough task. Are you with some other Ravens fans in the league? I've been able to pick up West after the draft in FA, because nobody else was aware of how well he was doing. Long story short, I don't know. I'd like to think West has more upside as the season progresses. 

4 minutes ago, Davesta said:

Man - your guess is as good as anybody's. It feels like it will be Forsett, but I doubt the split between him and West/Allen will be any better than 50% Forsett, 30% West and Allen getting about 20% on select 3rd downs. That will be subject to change, depending on who looks good and then - oh yeah, Dixon will return and who knows what that will do to the mix. 

Honestly, I think the Ravens backfield is best to be avoided - certainly no need to go there in the front 9 rounds. Forsett was selected in round 10 of my 12-team draft and that was before his release. I think people were already reluctant to make the selection then and they'll likely be even more reluctant now. 

Basically, I think you either take a flier on the one you think will be most effective. If I had to bet, I think Forsett will be marginally the most valuable in the first half of the season and Dixon will ultimately become the best fantasy option down the stretch. 

3 minutes ago, RavensPunkXVX said:

Trying to pick a running back from the Ravens is a tough task. Are you with some other Ravens fans in the league? I've been able to pick up West after the draft in FA, because nobody else was aware of how well he was doing. Long story short, I don't know. I'd like to think West has more upside as the season progresses. 

West is still an FA in both 12 team leagues I'm involved in. I'm not sure it matters whether people know what he did in the preseason or not - the Ravens backfield is a tough one to call ... I don't even know if it is a coin toss because I can see either of Forsett, West or Dixon being the most valuable fantasy back. 

2 minutes ago, balfan23 said:

West is still an FA in both 12 team leagues I'm involved in. I'm not sure it matters whether people know what he did in the preseason or not - the Ravens backfield is a tough one to call ... I don't even know if it is a coin toss because I can see either of Forsett, West or Dixon being the most valuable fantasy back. 

I'd say it's a little of both. I'd say most people pick Forsett because of previous success. They pick up Dixon because he has upside as a rookie. I doubt they think of Terrance West being a number one running back. I mean, last time you heard the name Terrance West, he wasn't doing the greatest. 

I Have Terrance West, Justin Forsett was just released. Can pick him up off waivers. If i were to do that, I d have to drop Will Fuller (my 5th WR). Is this a sound move or am I better off letting Forsett go to someone else and see if West is our go to guy?

Full Team: 12 Man League

QB: Palmer, Stafford

RB: Melvin Gordon, Chris Ivory, Christine Michael, Terrance West, Derrick Henry

WR: Allen Robinson, Keenan Allen, Brandin Cooks, Donte Moncrief, WIll Fuller

TE: Greg Olson, Dwayne Allen

Edited by Alexir

Just now, RavensPunkXVX said:

I'd say it's a little of both. I'd say most people pick Forsett because of previous success. They pick up Dixon because he has upside as a rookie. I doubt they think of Terrance West being a number one running back. I mean, last time you heard the name Terrance West, he wasn't doing the greatest. 

... yes, he has a brown stain on him ;)

No one wants to hear this but Allen is the most valuable. He had the pass catching role. That's more valuable than the early down back weather that's Forsett and or wests role. Allen has a late adp to go along with it. 

During the second half of the season I think Dixon will become the top fantasy back for the Ravens, since he's good at running and a decent check down option. He'll be the one most likely to make big plays.

What do y'all think I got offered a trade 

I get: Jeremy Langford 

he gets: Demarco Murray 

Idk what to do Jeremy Langford didn't have the best rookie season last year nd Chicago's o-line is bad

and Murray has looked good throughout preseason but so has Henry so idk who will be getting the majority of the carries 

1 hour ago, 58RAVENS55 said:

What do y'all think I got offered a trade 

I get: Jeremy Langford 

he gets: Demarco Murray 

Idk what to do Jeremy Langford didn't have the best rookie season last year nd Chicago's o-line is bad

and Murray has looked good throughout preseason but so has Henry so idk who will be getting the majority of the carries 

I would keep Murray. His style was made for that offense. Also he's trying to lowball you see what else he will give with Langford. 

57 minutes ago, RavensPunkXVX said:

Willie Snead or Jordy Nelson? Nelson is working his way back in and Brees might be in a shoot out with Carr this week.

Have to go Jordy. His floor and ceiling is way higher than Snead unless you have a way to start both. 

Need to start 2 of 4 in standard scoring league:

Ryan Matthews vs Cleveland

Spencer Ware vs SD

Jeremy Maclin vs SD

Randall Cobb at Jacksonville.

14 minutes ago, rmcjacket23 said:

Need to start 2 of 4 in standard scoring league:

Ryan Matthews vs Cleveland

Spencer Ware vs SD

Jeremy Maclin vs SD

Randall Cobb at Jacksonville.

I'd go with Matthews and Ware. With Wentz (if healthy) starting the Eagles will definitely run a lot. Ware will likely start for the Chiefs and also get a ton of carries.

6 minutes ago, RaineV1 said:

I'd go with Matthews and Ware. With Wentz (if healthy) starting the Eagles will definitely run a lot. Ware will likely start for the Chiefs and also get a ton of carries.

I think I'm fine with sitting Cobb, more from the unknown coming off a less than stellar season and he doesn't score often.

I was leaning Matthews and Maclin at first, because I'm not sure if Ware is going to be the bellcow or if Charcandrick West is going to cut into snaps there. 

I suppose San Diego's pass defense may actually be pretty good this season.

Edit:

Upon further review, I actually can't start both RBs. I'm already starting Lamar Miller.

It breaks down into four spots like this:

RB

RB/WR

WR

WR/TE

So I can start at most 2 RBs, but as many as 3 WRs. I'm already starting Lamar Miller and Brandon Marshall, so basically I can start either one additional RB and one additional WR, or two WRs.

So I think we all like Matthews more than Ware, so I have to start somebody between Maclin and Cobb. Maclin's probably the play right?

Edited by rmcjacket23

5 minutes ago, rmcjacket23 said:

I think I'm fine with sitting Cobb, more from the unknown coming off a less than stellar season and he doesn't score often.

I was leaning Matthews and Maclin at first, because I'm not sure if Ware is going to be the bellcow or if Charcandrick West is going to cut into snaps there. 

I suppose San Diego's pass defense may actually be pretty good this season.

San Diego's run defense does look worse than their pass defense right now. Plus the Chiefs in general prefer running a lot. I like Maclin, but they don't throw as much as other teams, and Kelce along with an improve Conley could take up a number a big number of targets.

Edit: In that case, yeah. I'd take Maclin over Cobb.

Edited by RaineV1

Just now, RaineV1 said:

San Diego's run defense does look worse than their pass defense right now. Plus the Chiefs in general prefer running a lot. I like Maclin, but they don't throw as much as other teams, and Kelce along with an improve Conley could take up a number a big number of targets.

So its basically two choices:

Matthews or Ware? 

Cobb or Maclin?

Just now, rmcjacket23 said:

So its basically two choices:

Matthews or Ware? 

Cobb or Maclin?

Yeah, I edited my post after I saw your edit. I'd take Maclin over Cobb simply because Maclin gives a slightly better chance of scoring a touchdown.

CJ Anderson, Johnathan Stewart, or Duke Johnson. PPR

The Denver/Carolina front line got me nervous lol

anybody running with Carlos Hyde this week? Saw he cleared concussion protocol. Got me a little worried too

Edited by RavensPunkXVX

So, I'm thinking of starting Dak Prescott over Philip Rivers for the opening week. I'm not fully buying into the hype of Dak but Rivers has just been awful against KC the last few years. So, it's unknown vs probably bad.

What does everyone think of Julian Edelman against Arizona? I'm a little dubious of him in the first four weeks with Garoppolo throwing to him and with his foot injuries, but with Gronk presumably out you'd think he's the next in line. Atm I'm starting Cooks v Oakland in the flex (non-PPR), with Jordy Nelson v Jville and Dez at WR.

2 hours ago, Inqui said:

What does everyone think of Julian Edelman against Arizona? I'm a little dubious of him in the first four weeks with Garoppolo throwing to him and with his foot injuries, but with Gronk presumably out you'd think he's the next in line. Atm I'm starting Cooks v Oakland in the flex (non-PPR), with Jordy Nelson v Jville and Dez at WR.

The offensive line seems a bit banged up too, as Shaq Mason, Cooper, and Solder are questionable. I don't fully trust Garoppolo to be quick and confident behind a banged up line. There's going to be a ton of check downs, and White will probably be the only good fantasy option on the Pats.

Edited by RaineV1

7 hours ago, Inqui said:

Not sure how Edelman will do in a non PPR format. I mean, he should get plenty of targets, but the Pats don't look all too well at the moment, offensively. 

9 hours ago, Inqui said:

I wouldn't trust anyone in that banged up Pat's offense