• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

American Football Conference Championship - Baltimore Ravens (13-5) At Pittsburgh Steelers (13-4)

2,232 posts in this topic

[quote name='JO_75' post='139214' date='Jan 18 2009, 10:33 PM']P.S. There you go Media, you have one of your teams in the SB[/quote]

****** the national media, I am so tired of them getting on their knees and sucking the ****** of teams like the Squealers or the Cowgirls. The Ravens have done an amazing job, and yet they will show no love for it, except in a quick passing.

Let us not forget the Joe Flacco is now the first QB to win two playoff games, not even Roethlisberger could do that in his rookie year! Flacco, McGahee, McClain, Rice, Heap, Harbaugh, and Cameron did an amazing job of creating an actual offensive line for the Ravens. We completely turned around from our bad performance in 2007, and the fact that we made it all the way to the championship is way more than I could have ever asked for.

I still love our Ravens, no matter what.

[quote name='Ravens52' post='139195' date='Jan 18 2009, 10:31 PM']Great. 8 months without Ravens football.[/quote]
Yeah... But is it just me or has this season for the Ravens has gone by so quick?
Well, we have gone far in the playoffs and I'm proud of our Ravens. Especially with a rookie head coach and a rookie quarterback, who would've thought we made it this far in the playoffs or even have at least 7 games won?
But now, let's think about next season... Our schedule looks easy, and hopefully it will be easy for us to get into the playoffs... Just not as a 1st seed or 2nd seed after what happened to the other teams.
Joe Cool [b]WILL[/b] play much better than he already is, I'm sure of it. :D

Well... I guess for now, go Cardinals.

[quote name='scoluvsravens' post='139252' date='Jan 18 2009, 09:37 PM']Are you refering to the penalty ? That was a HUGE mistake> I thought he would have learned what happens when you do those things . It cost us a few games this season[/quote]

Sure am. It was completley selfish.

[quote name='FlaccoFlicker' post='139099' date='Jan 18 2009, 10:22 PM']So no one is going to want the trophey brought home to the afc?[/quote]

I do. Pittsburgh deserves it.

[quote name='flynismo' post='139318' date='Jan 18 2009, 09:46 PM']I do. Pittsburgh deserves it.[/quote]

If the trophy is for being the dirtiest team in the NFL, sure.

[quote name='gourmandizer' post='139324' date='Jan 18 2009, 10:47 PM']If the trophy is for being the dirtiest team in the NFL, sure.[/quote]

Perhaps, but they're also the best team in the AFC. At least this year they were. Next year is ours.

[quote name='gourmandizer' post='139324' date='Jan 18 2009, 10:47 PM']If the trophy is for being the dirtiest team in the NFL, sure.[/quote]

Agreed. It's not as much as I want the SB to be won by a AFC team, just that the AFC Team happens to be Pittsburgh. Plus you know Arizona seems down the path as the Giants were one year ago. I mean sure the Giants didn't win their division, but nobody gave the Giants a chance to make it that far. Fast forward to this season, Arizona was never suppose to make it this far. Nobody picked them against Carolina, even their own state thought they would lose to Carolina yet they won. You know its like people say, it would be something different, Pittsburgh is always a contender so thats going to be the constant, the difference, Arizona was never suppose to make it this far. Let's see a different team win the Super Bowl for once over these "major" teams. Plus it makes for a great story:

SUPER SHOCKED! ARIZONA WINS SUPER BOWL!

Yeah, I tell you, I was fortunate enough to go to every home game of the 2000 season, and the first home playoff game of the Ravens. My Grandfather was at the 58 and 59 championship games of the B-More Colts. He would have been proud as hell of a rookie coach AND QB! to get this far. There is a lot of talent on our team right now, and surprisingly I am not shattered by this loss. We as Baltimore Ravens fans have a lot to look forward to right now. Cheers to a surprisingly good season.

[quote name='Steelernation58' post='139652' date='Jan 18 2009, 11:47 PM']First of all, great season Ravens. Nobody expected you guys to make it this far and it took heart with the changes so I have a lot of respect for you.

Second, the Clark hit was fine. It's nobody's fault, but I've watched it a couple times and McGahee ducked to avoid the tackle. If he didn't it would have been a hit to the chest. Clark didn't lead with the helmet. It's just unlucky. Good luck to McGahee though.

Third, some people thought the steelers fans were making fun of McGahee's injury by clapping. That was respectful clapping. Not mocking.

We have class. This isn't philly. Anybody remember when Michael Irvin had a serious spinal injury in Philly and the eagles fans mockingly clapped while he laid motionless on the ground? Thank god we don't have to deal with those bufoons anymore this year.

Fourth, Go Steelers! Time for Six![/quote]

Very well put, I just got home from the game and I can tell you I was so scared to see him down for as long as he was, as was everybody else in that stadium... NOBODY was disrespecting McGahee. Our prayers go out to him in hopes of a quick recovery.

Good luck with next season, you definitely have a ring coming to you guys in the near future

I can't say I'm rooting for the Steelers... I wish I could. There are some pretty nice fans for them but I'm extremely unimpressed with certain things from this franchise. The 'bird flapping' incident on the first touchdown... the booing of the WR who dropped the ball... the "hey, hey, hey goodbye" chant only a minute or two after McGahee left the field on a cart (I know it wasn't for him)...

The Ravens fought valiantly. They were injured, without rest and holding their own - many a Steelers fan was thinking, "Oh no! 17-16!" And yet the Steelers and their fans found a way to be jerks. Not all of them - many great Steelers fans out there. But enough of them to make me ill.

The Steelers should have nothing but praise for the Ravens - a team that took them to the limit three times and was 13-3 against the rest of the league. They were lucky the Ravens were without rest, and battered. Honor has lost its place in modern society, except for certain small pockets, like in coach Harbaugh's locker room. I'll take this Ravens team 100 times out of 100 over the Steelers, no matter how many Super Bowls they win.

Hardcore Steeler fan here. just wanted to let you all know what a great game i thought this was. Your team always plays with heart and fire i have tons of respect for them. Wow flaco is going to be great even if he had a bad game he played with great poise. this rivalry is going to be great for years to come. hated to see all the injurys in this game on both sides. and those of you who were happy that ward was hurt are not true fans of the game. If your team was the better team today it would have won with are best players on the field and vice versa. These men work there butts off to play at such a high level and its only a few plays that make a difference. You should show both sides respect. your disrepecting your own team by rooting for a injured player. Good luck next year Ravens fans stay loyal and give your team some love they played hard today!