• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

American Football Conference Championship - Baltimore Ravens (13-5) At Pittsburgh Steelers (13-4)

2,232 posts in this topic

AFC Championship: Baltimore Ravens (13-5) at Pittsburgh Steelers (13-4)
Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 6:30 PM ET
Follow the Game Live on [url="http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Gameday/Games/Season_2008/Post_Season/Conference.aspx"]Ravens Gameday[/url]

TV Broadcast Crew: Jim Nantz (Play-by-Play), Phil Simms (Analysis)
Local Radio: WBAL Radio (1090AM), 98 Rock (97.9FM)
Radio Broadcast Crew: Gerry Sandusky (Play-by-Play), Stan White (Offensive Analyst), Rob Burnett (Defensive Analyst)

Steelers lead all-time regular season series, 16-10.
Mike Tomlin is 3-1 vs. the Ravens.
John Harbaugh is 0-2 vs. the Steelers.
First Matchup in 2008: 9/29/08, Steelers, 23-20 in Pittsburgh (OT)
Second Matchup in 2008: 12/14/08, Steelers, 13-9 in Baltimore

Steelers lead postseason series, 1-0
First Matchup: 1/20/02, Steelers, 27-10 in Pittsburgh

[i][b]Please use this forum to post comments on Sunday's Ravens at Steelers game. [/b][/i]

[quote name='Ravnet' post='132591' date='Jan 15 2009, 04:22 PM']If only I could hit fast forward on my life remote...[/quote]

How great that would be. Im so nervous about this game, I can't eat. It's only Thursday!!!! To top it off its a late game on Sunday. I don't think im going to be able to sit still and watch the NFC game!!

[quote name='ravensgirlx88' post='132594' date='Jan 15 2009, 04:24 PM']How great that would be. Im so nervous about this game, I can't eat. It's only Thursday!!!! To top it off its a late game on Sunday. I don't think im going to be able to sit still and watch the NFC game!![/quote]

Don't be nervous I think the team is going to be fine. I can't wait for it though. I haven't been able to focus at work all week. It's pretty exciting considering the last Superbowl run I didn't realize how special it was until it was over. My father kept saying enjoy it because you'll never know if you'll see another one.

[quote name='bpmurr' post='132631' date='Jan 15 2009, 05:10 PM']Don't be nervous I think the team is going to be fine. I can't wait for it though. I haven't been able to focus at work all week. It's pretty exciting considering the last Superbowl run I didn't realize how special it was until it was over. My father kept saying enjoy it because you'll never know if you'll see another one.[/quote]

true...but the way this team his headed, you never know...
like your confidence there man, i respect it. there's no point in watching a game if we think we're gonna lose...but either way i also expect a ravens' win. ;)

I'm going to go insane if we win this game. Most important Ravens game since the Super Bowl and it's against our sworn enemies. I'm so freaking pumped right now! Every time I think about the fact that we are one game away from the Super Bowl I get even more pumped. I never really allowed myself to dream that we'd get this far this year. I figured a 10 win season and a playoff berth were optimistic, and being screwed out of our bye lowered my expectations even more. Now we're 4 quarters away from Tampa! Even if we lose, this season will be a huge success in my eyes.

[quote name='Ravnet' post='132591' date='Jan 15 2009, 04:22 PM']If only I could hit fast forward on my life remote...[/quote]

Don't do that. Then you'd abuse it like Adam Sandler did!

I wish we had more time to heal! I'm a bit nervous. I have my doubts. But the Ravens seem to disprove them and find a way.

Let's Go Flacco!

[img]http://homepage.mac.com/jeffade/img/ravens_steelers_2.png[/img]

What's our Name?

RAVENS!

Im watching this game with about 8 of my friends.
2 of us are rooting for the Ravens.
3 of the others are hardcore Steelers fans
the rest are just rooting for them...
It was nice knowing you all if we end up losing!
I plan on winning though.

steeler fans think they are all awesome that we have no chance (not true)

my freind says they have no chance he dosent watch football!

No way I fast forward! I'm loving the build up and the excitement in the city, Baltimore looks great in Purple! I'll be at the game and will check in during the game if my fingers aren't frozen. I'm going in Purple so if you don't hear from me again tell my mom I love her and someone please feed my dog...

Trust me, I know how that feels. I plowed into a runningback, and knocked the **** out of him this year. It hurt a lot more than I expected it to, but I think he crapped himself. He didn't get up for 30 seconds. (If it was longer, he would've been injured, but I think it's just that I laid him out :D)

breaking news out of NFL network: T-Sizzle is set to start in the AFC championship game today!!! I started jumping up and down when i saw this!!

[quote name='PurpleClawsOfFURY' post='136085' date='Jan 18 2009, 11:16 AM']There sure are a lot of new members lately... will you guys still be here if we lose though? I know win or lose i'm driving to owings mills tonight[/quote]
i joined after the tennessee game i read these forums all years and decided to join win or lose i'll be here because win or lose i'm a ravens fan B)

[quote name='Bmore' post='136149' date='Jan 18 2009, 12:35 PM']T Sizzle gonna have a huge game. LETS GO[/quote]
agree with you and i'm gaining confidence every hour our bench is going to step up for our injured or banged up guys. 6 hours folks!

[quote name='FlaccoFlicker' post='136165' date='Jan 18 2009, 12:43 PM']lol berman said our valueable p[layer today could be ray rice will he get any playing time?[/quote]

I really hope so. He is a huge weapon. The type of player that could give the Steelers fits.

[quote name='CP`C-Pain`CP' post='136204' date='Jan 18 2009, 01:05 PM']My birthday is tommorow!
Give me an early present please![/quote]
they gave me a present beating the fins and we have another who's is on the superbowl cmon ravens be givers of gifts and hits!

c-palin can you send me a link for the sizzle dance in your sig my son did that when he did on t.v. and i'd like to have it for fun or if anyone knows where i can get it