• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
RavensPunkXVX

RavensPunk ESPN League

178 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, BmoreBird22 said:

I'm happy enough with what I have at RB right now. I mean, damn, autodraft really hooked me up and I'm not sure I could have done much better there if I was drafting. I'm gonna look at how the draft panned out, but that probably means it went RB-RB-RB, which is fine with me since I got a number one in Dez.

I ended up making VJax the other drop because he is 33 and saw his targets drop significantly last year, even though Winston had a pretty good year for a rookie. I don't expect VJax to do a ton down there in Tampa given Evans role as the one and his age, so we'll see. I'm willing to bank on the upside of DeVante Parker in Gase's offense. Not a huge fan of Parker, but I love some Gase offenses.

Think it went RB-WR-RB-RB for you, Charles being 4th.  Getting him there was criminal.  I was hoping to nab him on the turn but with him being the top player and you on autodraft, it automatically took him for you.

Yeah I have Parker in another league. I may have dropped him. I'm not the biggest fan of him either. He may prove us wrong.

2 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

Think it went RB-WR-RB-RB for you, Charles being 4th.  Getting him there was criminal.  I was hoping to nab him on the turn but with him being the top player and you on autodraft, it automatically took him for you.

I would have easily taken him in the second round, honestly, because if he gets healthy, like Bell, he's an elite pass catching back, so that'll be a huge boost to his PPR value.

I think the only real complaint I have with this being PPR is that it took Peterson over Gurley. I think Gurley has Marshal Faulk like potential as a receiving back.

2 minutes ago, RavensPunkXVX said:

Yeah I have Parker in another league. I may have dropped him. I'm not the biggest fan of him either. He may prove us wrong.

For now he's the WR4/5 for me that'll get spot starter duty on the bye weeks, and that's okay to me. We'll see how he does.

4 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

I would have easily taken him in the second round, honestly, because if he gets healthy, like Bell, he's an elite pass catching back, so that'll be a huge boost to his PPR value.

I think the only real complaint I have with this being PPR is that it took Peterson over Gurley. I think Gurley has Marshal Faulk like potential as a receiving back.

The only reason I didn't go Charles in round 3 was because I really wanted to add a WR since we're playing 3 plus a flex.  I liked some of the other RBs later but thought there was quick drop off of sure fire #1 WRs.  I like consistency in my WRs and a lot of what was left had the potential for huge weeks and some not so huge weeks.

Picking RBs is the worst lol. I'm always worried about committees, how well they catch considering it's a PPR. With WR, they have one job. Haha 

17 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

I really like your roster rmw. I was wanting Charles Sims.

Serious potential at WR. Coleman, Diggs, Thomas, Lockett, Sharpe. Good luck choosing that lineup. 

Just now, RavensPunkXVX said:

Serious potential at WR. Coleman, Diggs, Thomas, Lockett, Sharpe. Good luck choosing that lineup. 

I always try to look at things a bit differently at RB in PPR leagues.  I try to go the safe route. Guys like Theo Riddick and Charles Sims, while not big rushers, are always going to get their touches in the receiving game.  They may not have many huge days but they should put up consistent points.

And not to mention, that's after PPR machines in Keenan Allen and Jarvis Landry, and Amari Cooper who I expect to move into that realm as well.  I'm taking some chances on some young guys, but I really think they all could be volume catchers on their respective teams.

1 hour ago, rmw10 said:

The only reason I didn't go Charles in round 3 was because I really wanted to add a WR since we're playing 3 plus a flex.  I liked some of the other RBs later but thought there was quick drop off of sure fire #1 WRs.  I like consistency in my WRs and a lot of what was left had the potential for huge weeks and some not so huge weeks.

That's why I usually go running backs first, even in PPR, past the top wide receivers. 

Who did you end up with? Gronk?

1 hour ago, RavensPunkXVX said:

I'm not a fan of Coleman and I think once Gordon comes back, he may have some serious competition, but Diggs and Lockett are two serious sleepers for me.

3 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

That's why I usually go running backs first, even in PPR, past the top wide receivers. 

Who did you end up with? Gronk?

Yep.  Went with Gronk in round 2.

9 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

Yep.  Went with Gronk in round 2.

Probably about where he should go. If Dez stays health, I imagine he and Gronk will be just under the elite PPR receivers 

Gronk was nice in the second. I know a few mocks had him going in the first. Albeit, late. 

I think I'll be doing some customized awards, just for fun as I like to have fun with my leagues. Any weekly awards you guys would like me to create? I'll probably also do some weekly predictions, matchup previews. I love football, fantasy, writing, and reading so I can do it all in one, if I find the time. Currently working full time and going to school full time. But in my downtime, I'm gonna try and keep this interesting throughout the season. Any suggestions to make it more fun, let me know!

19 minutes ago, RavensPunkXVX said:

Gronk was nice in the second. I know a few mocks had him going in the first. Albeit, late. 

I think I'll be doing some customized awards, just for fun as I like to have fun with my leagues. Any weekly awards you guys would like me to create? I'll probably also do some weekly predictions, matchup previews. I love football, fantasy, writing, and reading so I can do it all in one, if I find the time. Currently working full time and going to school full time. But in my downtime, I'm gonna try and keep this interesting throughout the season. Any suggestions to make it more fun, let me know!

I'm just gonna throw this out there, but if my team does well like I expect, I'm going to be trash talking hardcore.

9 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

I'm just gonna throw this out there, but if my team does well like I expect, I'm going to be trash talking hardcore.

That's good! We need some good ole fashioned trash talk. Lol 

1 hour ago, BmoreBird22 said:

I will be too.  It never works out in my favor, but you've got to have a little fun with it.

Here we go! My first write up for week one! Previews and predictions! These just reflect current starters. No bench players.

Week One

Team Grimes @ RavensPunkXVX
The first thing I look at in this one is QB play. Grimes' Tennehill is going up against a very good Seahawks defense while RavenPunk's Tyrod Taylor is going up against a question mark of a defense in Baltimore. The Ravens defense could come out and play really well or struggle, but we'll assume Tyrod will still out play Tannehill. At the QB position, Grimes may have the best tandem...when Bell returns. In this game, as stands, Punk has the advantage with Hyde and Anderson. Grimes will surely place Bell on the bench until he returns. I think Punk has the advantage at WR too. I'd put Brown and Dez on equal grounds, but advantage to Brown for having a starting QB. Jefferey should do his job and Nelson should go right back to catching passes from Rodgers at a high volume. Sammy Watkins could have a big day, depending on how well, the corners of Baltimore hold up. At the flex position is Jamal Charles who may also miss the first game. If so, Fuller owns the flex spot for Punk. If Charles plays, advantage Grimes. Defensive player, defense, and kicker advantage goes to Grimes. Ansah could wreak havoc for Detroit against a weak Indy offensive line, but Watt is Watt. 

Based on the current starters, RavensPunkXVX should come out the victor here.

RavensFanPls @ Team Myrick

A quick run down of the Myrick team and I have one word, Bengals. Team Myrick will not win this unless some Bengals are substituted out. Hill and Bernard can only score so many fantasy points when he has them starting at both RB positions. Eifert will be out for game one. I think RavensFan has the advantage at every position. Winston should get some nice points against Atlanta and has a very solid HB corps with Lamar and Doug Martin. Not to mention, he may have the best TE in the league, not named Gronk, in Jordan Reed.

RavensFan Pls wins this one.

Team2Sik @ Allblackraven

I think Allblackraven has the best QB, if he can stay upright. Luck might have a rough day in his own right. I can't see Newton getting manhandled as he did in the Super Bowl. At HB, I likr 2Sik. Freeman and Ingram are established and will surely pick up some points at PPR. Henry is a rookie, so we're not sure of his output just yet and Arian Foster, while having a strong preseason, is a bit of a question mark heading into the regular season. I like the matchups at WR for both squads. They all could very well produce at the same level. I'd go even at the WR spot. Ertz and Barnidge is a nice a battle too consider they'll be going against one another in week one, Browns and Eagles. I like Barndidge in this one. But Ertz could surprise everyone, if Wentz can get him involved. Long term, I like Ertz. I like Wallace at the flex for Allblackraven. I believe he could have a break out game in week one, while Frank Gore, may struggle a bit against the Detroit front line. Justin Tucker should score more at the Kicker position, but I like both teams' defenses and defensive players. 

As it currently stands, I like Team2Sik to win this one. 

RMW10 @ Team Hartzell
This is one the nicer evened match ups. Russel and Palmer could score similar, although I like Hartzell's Russell a bit better. David Johnson should get the bulk of the points here, mostly out of the PPR region. I like Murray over McCoy. At the receiver positions, I like the matchups. Allen is going up against a nice KC backfield, Landry is going against the legion of boom, while on the other side, Marshall is going up against all always steady Bengals D, and Cobb going up against an overrated? Jaguars secondary. The Olsen and Gronkowski match is nice as well. It's hard for me to ever pick against Gronk, so I'll take Gronk. The Flex, Defense, DP, and K positions could go either way,. 

I like RMW10 to take this one. 

Team Smith @ Team Gill

Top three positions, I'll give the edge to Team Gill. Gill's Big Ben will certainly put up some numbers, unfortunately. (Gill) Elliot is going to carry the load for the RB's and Woodhead should get some nice PPR points. Although, I could see (Smith) Murray outperforming him. Advantage to Smith for his WR's. Evans, Julio and Doug Baldwin are a nice trio to have, plus the opposing defenses don't offer too much of a problem. I like (Gill) Witten at the TE position, could be a nice safety blanket for DAk who has already connected with him in preseason. (Smith) Fitzy at the flex position will win this battle over Darren Sproles, but could be closer if Sproles gets some targets out of the backfield. Sean Lee is a tackling machine, bu Mack could win if he's able to penetrate the backfield of New Orleans which if the preseason taught us anything, he will. I like the Cardinals defense and Santos for Smith over Team GIll's Patriots D and Gostowski. 

This one is gonna be close, but I like Team Smith based on WR's. 

Just a little reminder, make sure to set your lineups and make changes based on who's ruled out and such!

I know Gronk was a surprise absence this week. Will not be playing.

Edited by RavensPunkXVX

I want to thank you all for your great service this week. There are six of us Ravens fans in the league and the other four are my relatives and friends. Two are Bengals fans. One a Redskins fan and the other a Giants fan. They all lost this past week in fantasy. 6-0 for Baltimore! Lol

Had a pretty good day yesterday, and that's with my 4th pick (Allen) lost for the season and my 2nd pick (Gronk) still not recovered.  Diggs was a monster.

4 hours ago, rmw10 said:

Had a pretty good day yesterday, and that's with my 4th pick (Allen) lost for the season and my 2nd pick (Gronk) still not recovered.  Diggs was a monster.

Diggs absolutely went off. Have him in another league. Benched him early Sunday for Shepard. Still won though.

3-0.  Thank you, Saints, for pushing all of the coverage to Julio Jones and letting Matt Ryan throw to everyone else.

31 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

3-0.  Thank you, Saints, for pushing all of the coverage to Julio Jones and letting Matt Ryan throw to everyone else.

I got ya this week! I'm 2-1. Need this one!

10 minutes ago, RavensPunkXVX said:

@rmw10 looks like you're gonna remain undefeated. Marry Ice killed it and then I benched Will Fuller at the last minute. :/

Need Diggs to get at least a few catches tonight and for the Vikings D to hold strong yet another week.  I should be good, but you never really know.

1 hour ago, rmw10 said:

Need Diggs to get at least a few catches tonight and for the Vikings D to hold strong yet another week.  I should be good, but you never really know.

Yeah I need the Vikes to completely implode. Don't see it happening. Especially against an inconsistent Eli.

Edited by RavensPunkXVX