• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
RavensPunkXVX

RavensPunk ESPN League

178 posts in this topic

Sent an invite to those wanting in a new league. If everyone joins, I'll have three spots to fill. Draft would be Monday at 530 PM EST

Edited by RavensPunkXVX

24 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

Uh oh.  Someone is about to get smacked this year, and it ain't me.

Alright, we're all set to go. Draft is Monday at 5:30 pm est. I like that if you can't draft, you can set your roster limits and take BPA. 

Not too shabby.  Got most of everyone I wanted.  Think the guy I wanted most was stolen twice, and that was in the later rounds.

QB: Carson Palmer
RB: David Johnson, Latavius Murray, Theo Riddick, Charles Sims
WR: Amari Cooper, Keenan Allen, Jarvis Landry, Stefon Diggs, Tyler Lockett, Michael Thomas, Corey Coleman, Tajae Sharpe
TE: Rob Gronkowski, Eric Ebron
D/ST: Vikings
DP: Robert Quinn
K: Dan Bailey

10 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

Not too shabby.  Got most of everyone I wanted.  Think the guy I wanted most was stolen twice, and that was in the later rounds.

QB: Carson Palmer
RB: David Johnson, Latavius Murray, Theo Riddick, Charles Sims
WR: Amari Cooper, Keenan Allen, Jarvis Landry, Stefon Diggs, Tyler Lockett, Michael Thomas, Corey Coleman, Tajae Sharpe
TE: Rob Gronkowski, Eric Ebron
D/ST: Vikings
DP: Robert Quinn
K: Dan Bailey

You stole Sharpe right under my nose but none of the other stuff matters - I got DH!!!!

I'm OK with this

QB    Cam Newton, Matthew Stafford
RB    Derrick Henry, Chris Ivory, Thomas Rawls, Christine Michael
WR    Allen Robinson, Jeremy Maclin, Kelvin Benjamin, Mike Wallace, T.Y. Hilton, Donte Moncrief
TE    Zach Ertz, Julius Thomas    
DP    Telvin Smith, Tyrann Mathieu
D/ST    Jets    
K    Justin Tucker

3 minutes ago, allblackraven said:

You stole Sharpe right under my nose but none of the other stuff matters - I got DH!!!!

I'm OK with this

QB    Cam Newton, Matthew Stafford
RB    Derrick Henry, Chris Ivory, Thomas Rawls, Christine Michael
WR    Allen Robinson, Jeremy Maclin, Kelvin Benjamin, Mike Wallace, T.Y. Hilton, Donte Moncrief
TE    Zach Ertz, Julius Thomas    
DP    Telvin Smith, Tyrann Mathieu
D/ST    Jets    
K    Justin Tucker

I didn't even need Sharpe but I couldn't pass up the opportunity.  Hoping the hype is real.

You all got some solid lineups! Just so everyone is clear, I didn't have enough Ravens to cover teams so I went with a rivalry edition. I live in Cincinnati, so I got two dudes who are Bengals fans, one who is a  Redskins fan, and the other who is a Giants fan. One of my guys went full Bengal. I should have showed him the ropes. He picked up the whole damn roster. So we gotta make sure a Ravens come out as the winner. Though, I'll be sure to win it for the Flock. 

Wasn't too thrilled with my lineup, but I'll take it.

QB Tyrod Taylor
HB CJ Anderson, Carlos Hyde, Johnathan Stewart, Duke Johnson, Bilal Powell
WR Antonio Brown, Alshon Jeffery, Jordy Nelson, John Brown, Sterling Shepherd, Willie Snead, Travis Benjamin, Will Fuller
TE Delanie Walker
DP Jamie Collins 
D Raiders
K Catanzaro

QB- Blake Bortles, RG3

HB- Eddie Lacy, DeMarco Murray, Melvin Gordon

WR- Julio Jones, Mike Evans, Doug Baldwin, Larry Fitzgerald, Allen Hurns, LaQuon Treadwell, Sammie Coates

TE- Antonio Gates

DP- Khalil Mack, CJ Mosley

D- Cardinals, Jags

K- Cairo Santos

3 hours ago, RavensPunkXVX said:

You all got some solid lineups! Just so everyone is clear, I didn't have enough Ravens to cover teams so I went with a rivalry edition. I live in Cincinnati, so I got two dudes who are Bengals fans, one who is a  Redskins fan, and the other who is a Giants fan. One of my guys went full Bengal. I should have showed him the ropes. He picked up the whole damn roster. So we gotta make sure a Ravens come out as the winner. Though, I'll be sure to win it for the Flock. 

Wasn't too thrilled with my lineup, but I'll take it.

QB Tyrod Taylor
HB CJ Anderson, Carlos Hyde, Johnathan Stewart, Duke Johnson, Bilal Powell
WR Antonio Brown, Alshon Jeffery, Jordy Nelson, John Brown, Sterling Shepherd, Willie Snead, Travis Benjamin, Will Fuller
TE Delanie Walker
DP Jamie Collins 
D Raiders
K Catanzaro

You took the Raiders! I wanted them. I had them and the Jags as my second choice in my que. You made my choice for me.....jerk, lol

So, I didn't realize the draft was today (for some reason, I thought today was Sunday and I went to the dog park during the draft), but honestly, I'm not really disappointed with the team I got, other than the draft only giving me one quarterback. I have...

QB: Tony Romo

RB: Jamal Charles, Le'Veon Bell, Adrian Peterson, Matt Jones, Arian Foster, DeAngelo Williams, TJ Yeldon

WR: Dez Bryant, Sammy Watkins, DeVante Parker, Josh Gordon, Erick Decker, Vincent Jackson

TE: Dwayne Allen

DP: JJ Watt

DEF: Carolina

K: Steven Hauschka

Obviously, there's gonna be a few moves that I need to make (grab a different defense, get a backup tight end and QB), but overall, auto-draft did a solid job.

Edited by BmoreBird22

8 hours ago, BmoreBird22 said:

So, I didn't realize the draft was today (for some reason, I thought today was Sunday and I went to the dog park during the draft), but honestly, I'm not really disappointed with the team I got, other than the draft only giving me one quarterback. I have...

QB: Tony Romo

RB: Jamal Charles, Le'Veon Bell, Adrian Peterson, Matt Jones, Arian Foster, DeAngelo Williams, TJ Yeldon

WR: Dez Bryant, Sammy Watkins, DeVante Parker, Josh Gordon, Erick Decker, Vincent Jackson

TE: Dwayne Allen

DP: JJ Watt

DEF: Carolina

K: Steven Hauschka

Obviously, there's gonna be a few moves that I need to make (grab a different defense, get a backup tight end and QB), but overall, auto-draft did a solid job.

Yeah your top 3 RBs, when Bell gets back from suspension, will be dominant.  Probably need some work at WR but not a bad group by any means for autodraft.

Edited by rmw10

35 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

Yeah your top 3 RBs, when Bell gets back from suspension, will be dominant.  Probably need some work at WR but not a bad group by any means for autodraft.

If Romo stays healthy, I think I have at least a productive number one in Bryant, who's a near lock for 12+ touchdowns. 

Sammy Watkins would probably be better in just a standard league, but there's at least upside and I don't need him to be the number one receiver.

Past that, I expect regression from Fitz, so Decker will likely regress as well.

However, the RB's should be the ones carrying the team, so we'll see. I think I have a good chance to compete once Bell comes back thanks to that group.

Really think I had a solid draft 1 player got stolen from me late in draft by guy right before me but besides that I'm happy.

QB    Tom Brady, Jameis Winston
RB    Lamar Miller, Doug Martin, Matt Forte, Ryan Matthews, Ameer Abdullah
WR    Odell Beckham Jr, Brandin Cooks, Golden Tate, Kevin White, Steve Smith Sr, Chris Hogan
TE    Jordan Reed, Jimmy Graham
DP    Carlos Dunlap
D/ST    Texans   
K    Mason Crosby

24 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

If Romo stays healthy, I think I have at least a productive number one in Bryant, who's a near lock for 12+ touchdowns. 

Sammy Watkins would probably be better in just a standard league, but there's at least upside and I don't need him to be the number one receiver.

Past that, I expect regression from Fitz, so Decker will likely regress as well.

However, the RB's should be the ones carrying the team, so we'll see. I think I have a good chance to compete once Bell comes back thanks to that group.

Nice trio of backs in Charles, Bell, and AP. You're right about the Romo thing. Gotta keep him healthy. But they're still a few nice QBs on the wire and probably will be throughout the season.

Just now, RavensPunkXVX said:

Nice trio of backs in Charles, Bell, and AP. You're right about the Romo thing. Gotta keep him healthy. But they're still a few nice QBs on the wire and probably will be throughout the season.

I already dropped a running back and wide receiver to get a backup quarterback and tight end, so I'm pleasantly happy. I felt the two I dropped were moving in the wrong direction age wise and a backup for those positions is probably more value to me.

4 minutes ago, Ravensfanspls said:

Really think I had a solid draft 1 player got stolen from me late in draft by guy right before me but besides that I'm happy.

QB    Tom Brady, Jameis Winston
RB    Lamar Miller, Doug Martin, Matt Forte, Ryan Matthews, Ameer Abdullah
WR    Odell Beckham Jr, Brandin Cooks, Golden Tate, Kevin White, Steve Smith Sr, Chris Hogan
TE    Jordan Reed, Jimmy Graham
DP    Carlos Dunlap
D/ST    Texans   
K    Mason Crosby

You nabbed who I think is the best TE in the league not named Gronk, Jordan Reed. Great potential at the WR position of Brees has a decent season, been struggling lately. But Kevin White has nice upside, Tate should put up solid numbers and then of course OBJ. Winston might be a surprise.

How are those backs looking? I haven't really kept up with them. 

1 minute ago, BmoreBird22 said:

I already dropped a running back and wide receiver to get a backup quarterback and tight end, so I'm pleasantly happy. I felt the two I dropped were moving in the wrong direction age wise and a backup for those positions is probably more value to me.

Yeah, I was gonna widen the bench, but it might involve more strategy with a shallow bench. Who should I drop, who's gonna boom, who's gonna bust..

im having trouble choosing who im gonna drop for a back up QB. Might just wait until the bye week. Lol 

Yeah, I was gonna widen the bench, but it might involve more strategy with a shallow bench. Who should I drop, who's gonna boom, who's gonna bust..

im having trouble choosing who im gonna drop for a back up QB. Might just wait until the bye week. Lol 

My decision was made easy because I do not expect Arian Foster to be the feature back, I do not expect him to have a great season with all the injuries he's had, and he's on the wrong side of 30, I believe, so he was an easy drop.

It took a lot of debating to figure out if I wanted to drop Gordon or not (I didn't) because he's clearly the most talented WR there, but he's on such a thin leash.

1 minute ago, BmoreBird22 said:

My decision was made easy because I do not expect Arian Foster to be the feature back, I do not expect him to have a great season with all the injuries he's had, and he's on the wrong side of 30, I believe, so he was an easy drop.

It took a lot of debating to figure out if I wanted to drop Gordon or not (I didn't) because he's clearly the most talented WR there, but he's on such a thin leash.

Yup, that's where the thought process comes in with a short bench. Have an idea as to who I might drop, just gonna wait a little bit longer. Lol good choice with Foster though. 

2 minutes ago, RavensPunkXVX said:

You nabbed who I think is the best TE in the league not named Gronk, Jordan Reed. Great potential at the WR position of Brees has a decent season, been struggling lately. But Kevin White has nice upside, Tate should put up solid numbers and then of course OBJ. Winston might be a surprise.

How are those backs looking? I haven't really kept up with them. 

Lamar Miller is with Houston now. He only averaged 13 carries a game with Miami they never gave this guy the ball and still put up very decent numbers I expect him to be top 5 this year. Always been a fan of Doug Martin Very solid Top 15 RB Imo. And if Jameis is gotten as good as the hype I expect the running game to be strong. Ryan Matthews should be main RB in Philly now if he can stay healthy should be a good year for him.

Yup, that's where the thought process comes in with a short bench. Have an idea as to who I might drop, just gonna wait a little bit longer. Lol good choice with Foster though. 

I'm happy enough with what I have at RB right now. I mean, damn, autodraft really hooked me up and I'm not sure I could have done much better there if I was drafting. I'm gonna look at how the draft panned out, but that probably means it went RB-RB-RB, which is fine with me since I got a number one in Dez.

I ended up making VJax the other drop because he is 33 and saw his targets drop significantly last year, even though Winston had a pretty good year for a rookie. I don't expect VJax to do a ton down there in Tampa given Evans role as the one and his age, so we'll see. I'm willing to bank on the upside of DeVante Parker in Gase's offense. Not a huge fan of Parker, but I love some Gase offenses.