bioLarzen

Remember Ryan and Garrett's camptime live chat Q&A sessions from several seasons ago? You can help maybe getting those back!

19 posts in this topic

I think most of you know what I'm talking about. For those of you who don't: two and three seasons ago Ryan and Garrett had a weekly 1-hour live chat session here at br.com, where we, fans, could ask questions and they answered as many of them as they could. Sometimes they brought in guests like NFL analyst John Clayton. IMHO these sessions were great, informative and entertaining the same time, and there were always a lot of questions - and just as many answers, of course.

I asked the moderators about this a few weeks back. Ryan was kind enough to chime in, and said that the live chat Q&A sessions didn't draw a "big enough" audience. He didn't say this was the only - or even the main - reason, but certainly made me think that if somehow we could show them that enough of us would love to have those camptime weekly chat sessions back, maybe we can make a difference...

So, please, my fellow Ravens fans, if you want that live chat session back, and you think you would follow those weekly sessions, let us know about it here.

Please note: it's purely my own initiative, I have no promise from the guys that anything will happen as a result of what happens here - I just thought that it's a great way to show them that it would really be a popular thing.

Your turn.

I'm not sure Garrett and Mink have either enough information or insight to make sessions worthwhile.  I read their columns for snickers and smiles because that is what is posted here.

The preseason starts in one week. Observant fans will get more out of watching than asking questions.

33 minutes ago, Danny D said:

I'm not sure Garrett and Mink have either enough information or insight to make sessions worthwhile.  I read their columns for snickers and smiles because that is what is posted here.

The preseason starts in one week. Observant fans will get more out of watching than asking questions.

It's obviously too late for THIS camp. But there are gonna be camps every year.

Also, as an "observant fan" I see you joined br.com in December 2014, so I guess it's safe to assume you didn't attend those chat sessions as they happened much earlier, so you don't really know what I'm talking about - or am I wrong?

Edited by bioLarzen

I think I would enjoy it. I don't remember these but it sounds like mailbag but live. I don't think I joined these forums until a couple years ago. Maybe they should do them every two weeks or month instead of a week though to try to attract a bigger crowd.

Lol I was thinking about this as well. I used to love these even before I was a member of the forums board. I agree with someone above who posted that they should just do them every two weeks or even just one big session one time during the summer. I would definitely enjoy having them back. 

7 hours ago, trevorsteadman said:

I don't remember these but it sounds like mailbag but live.

Yep, a dead correct description.

6 hours ago, K-Dog said:

How would this be done?

On the message board or something else?

Back then it was done in an article that appeared on the landing page. It had a set weekly time slot (some time late morning every Thursdays, was it?), so people would know when to come and open it.

4 hours ago, juanman7 said:

Lol I was thinking about this as well. I used to love these even before I was a member of the forums board. I agree with someone above who posted that they should just do them every two weeks or even just one big session one time during the summer. I would definitely enjoy having them back. 

Yep, any frequency would be better than never :) If not weekly than bi-weekly or monthly... as often as their work schedule would allow or the demand would make it reasonable...

22 minutes ago, bioLarzen said:

Back then it was done in an article that appeared on the landing page. It had a set weekly time slot (some time late morning every Thursdays, was it?), so people would know when to come and open it.

I would say late morning on a Thursday would be one of the worst possible times for most people. 

10 hours ago, bioLarzen said:

It's obviously too late for THIS camp. But there are gonna be camps every year.

Also, as an "observant fan" I see you joined br.com in December 2014, so I guess it's safe to assume you didn't attend those chat sessions as they happened much earlier, so you don't really know what I'm talking about - or am I wrong?

I know you don't come down here much, but he fully accepts he's the biggest troll on the board.

44 minutes ago, ravensdan said:

I would say late morning on a Thursday would be one of the worst possible times for most people. 

I agree it would be best probably after worktime

1 minute ago, trevorsteadman said:

I agree it would be best probably after worktime

But you have to remember they have an after work time as well.

Just now, BmoreBird22 said:

But you have to remember they have an after work time as well.

That is true I forget people inside the castle have lives outside of football lmao. Lunch break anyone?

1 minute ago, trevorsteadman said:

That is true I forget people inside the castle have lives outside of football lmao. Lunch break anyone?

I actually think a lunch break hour would be an awesome time.

Guys, I guess the exact time slot is technicality - first we should demonstrate that enough of us would follow such live sessions. I'm glad you liked them, too.

Thanks for all the feedback.