757RavensFan

If you HAD to replace....

92 posts in this topic

If you had to replace Coach Harbaugh with one of the existing 31 head coaches currently in the league, who would it be?

Note: This is not a "fire Harbs" or "I don't want anyone but Harbs" post.  Just pick a coach that you think would be a great HC for the Ravens if Harbs wasn't here.  

For me, I think Ron Rivera would fit with the Ravens culture. 

16 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

Bruce Arians would be an awesome choice

1 minute ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

I'll go with Bruce too. He's my favorite coach in the league.

Definitely like him after watching the Amazon Prime TV show.  

Mike Tomlin or Sean Payton

*edit after neg (probably for not explaining)*

Tomlin has built the Steelers (or is it the other way around) to how the Ravens have been built. That's why most of our match ups are so close.

As for Sean Payton, I think he could do wonders for our offense. 

Edited by Deflated Football

Just now, Deflated Football said:

I don't want his reputation in Baltimore 

I do. His biggest reputation comes in his ability to get the max out of his players. 

O, and he wins a lot. 

3 minutes ago, Deflated Football said:

I wonder why 

Literally dozens of reasons. Hard work, maximizing talent (I said this already), drafting and developing great talent, lengthy study of your opponents, etc.

I get what the reference was for, and it was cute, but its naive.

4 minutes ago, rmcjacket23 said:

Literally dozens of reasons. Hard work, maximizing talent (I said this already), drafting and developing great talent, lengthy study of your opponents, etc.

I get what the reference was for, and it was cute, but its naive.

You seem to stick up for Brady and the Pats a lot I've noticed. 

14 minutes ago, rmcjacket23 said:

Belichick and its not close...

He was the coach, until we left Cleveland.

3 minutes ago, Deflated Football said:

You seem to stick up for Brady and the Pats a lot I've noticed. 

I watch them play. Their track record of success speaks for itself.

If you notice what board we are on, me "sticking up for them" is really just being objective and recognizing talent and hard work when I see it. It appears I'm "sticking up for them", mostly because the standard narrative on this website is "cheaters, all of them. They never won a game legitimately and they should all be banned from football forever", which reminds me of the logic my 3 year old uses when something doesn't go his way.

And yes, I'm aware that they deflated some footballs and spied on practices. I see the same things everybody else sees, but I try to take the emotion out of it and not let personal feelings cloud what my eyes see.

Edited by rmcjacket23

Just now, rmcjacket23 said:

I watch them play. Their track record of success speaks for itself.

If you notice what board we are on, me "sticking up for them" is really just being objective and recognizing talent and hard work when I see it. It appears I'm "sticking up for them", mostly because the standard narrative on this website is "cheaters, all of them. They never won a game legitimately and they should all be banned from football forever". 

And yes, I'm aware that they deflated some footballs and spied on practices. I see the same things everybody else sees, but I try to take the emotion out of it and not let personal feelings cloud what my eyes see.

I hear you. Just not a fan of him or that franchise, at all. 

40 minutes ago, Deflated Football said:

I hear you. Just not a fan of him or that franchise, at all. 

I would have never known that based off your screen name and profile pic.  LOL

Bill Belichick what he's done is successful and he's a mastermind. He does everything it takes to win, but it leaves a sour taste. He wouldn't be the right coach for Baltimore. I think Todd Bowles might be my choice.

Belichick. He and Ozzie are quite fond of one another, have a prior working relationship, and share a very similar philosophy on team building and personnel decisions.

The two would work famously together in supplying the team with incoming talent, and BB would improve the development of that young talent, all will getting one of the greatest strategists the game has ever seen. The guy just puts together the best schemes for the personnel he has and plays to their strengths. The guy has adapted seamlessly to change after change after change all while remaining the gold standard in the AFC.

Hate the guy, but would love to have him on my team.

3 hours ago, rmcjacket23 said:

I saw the premise and wondered why Bill wouldn't be excluded.

Outside of the Hooded One, it would be between Carroll, Arians or maybe Zimmer.

Ron is a good choice too, OP.

32 minutes ago, redrum52 said:

I saw the premise and wondered why Bill wouldn't be excluded.

Outside of the Hooded One, it would be between Carroll, Arians or maybe Zimmer.

Ron is a good choice too, OP.

Yea excluding Belichick which - in terms of opinions there normally isn't a right answer - but for the exercise I think BB is the only right answer... But outside of him I go Arians. 

Gets the most out of QBs, gets his team fired up and bought in 100% and let's his guys play with a swagger. 

His chance at a HC gig was long overdue and unfortunately the NFL may have missed out on a decade or more of having another top notch HC in the league. He's getting up there so his time will be shorter than most. 

It is scary to think what might have been if belichick had been in Baltimore from the beginning. Considering the number of drafts the patriots just completely tune out of when they don't like the draft class - you have Ozzie tuned in and giving him consistently good classes and you might have had golddust.

4 hours ago, rmcjacket23 said:

Make room for me on that bandwagon. 

4 hours ago, rmcjacket23 said:

Agreed. Just imagine Ozzie at GM and Belichick at head coach. Not taking anything away from Harbaugh, but that would be a dream.

5 hours ago, 757RavensFan said:

Coach Harbaugh with one of the existing 31 head coaches currently in the league, who would it be?

Note: This is not a "fire Harbs" or "I don't want anyone but Harbs" post.  Just pick a coach that you think would be a great HC for the Ravens if Harbs wasn't here.  

For me, I think Ron Rivera would fit with the Ravens culture. 

Kubiak without question.

Having read the endorsement of Belichick here, it's sickening.  We can beat them with better decision making, there is no need to join them. 

Those believing he'd be the best choice, pull his Superbowl Week defense to cheating video regarding temperature and gas pressures.  This guy knew what was going on very early in the cheating.

1 hour ago, Danny D said:

Kubiak without question.

Having read the endorsement of Belichick here, it's sickening.  We can beat them with better decision making, there is no need to join them. 

Those believing he'd be the best choice, pull his Superbowl Week defense to cheating video regarding temperature and gas pressures.  This guy knew what was going on very early in the cheating.

Lol Kubiac.  That's pretty funny.  Far too conservative. I'd be close to 20 guys before picking him. 

I am sure I can speak for ALL those who said Belichick, and that would be without all the cheating.

( and super lame post game pressers. )

Edited by K-Dog

30 minutes ago, ravensdan said:

Lol Kubiac.  That's pretty funny.  Far too conservative. I'd be close to 20 guys before picking him. 

Kubiak is set. He's not going anywhere. But I have this hunch you just may value him a bit more when this season has finished.

Billick cause his team has only missed the playoffs once and that was with cassell and they still won 10 games. 

Arians because he's aggressive and creative. 

Tomlin because, rivalry aside, he seems like a cool down to earth guy that players would enjoy playing for. 

Sean Payton and mike McCarthy would be intriguing but I think ultimately a payton team ends up being undisciplined and I think gb borders on underachieving with the qb they have