Mt. Crushmore

2016 Draft a Franchise: Discussion Thread

6,017 posts in this topic

People building defense this year. I guess they're trying to make their own version of the Broncos.

I am a bit surprised that Mack was taken before some other front 7 guys. But I can't criticize the pick. He had a hell of a year.

Edited by RaineV1

3 minutes ago, ludy51 said:

Heck, even if you want to go defense, I'd go Watt, or somebody in the secondary

Nothing wrong with building the defense around Mack imo.

I'm happy to build my team around Mack. In my opinion no other QB was worth #4. Basically my top 3 were taken top 3 and I scanned for the guy I'd most want to build my team around and I came away with an all around OLB whom I would argue is as good as anyone left. Looking around I'd say its far harder to find a top flight pass rusher who can also stop the run as well as anyone as opposed to a good serviceable CB.

Edited by VeiledPsychosis

7 minutes ago, VeiledPsychosis said:

I'm happy to build my team around Mack. In my opinion no other QB was worth #4, I wouldn't take Brady if my life depended on it and Brees at 4 just doesn't seem right to me. Basically my top 3 were taken top 3 and I scanned for the guy I'd most want to build my team around and I came away with an all around OLB whom I would argue is as good as anyone left. Looking around I'd say its far harder to find a top flight pass rusher who can also stop the run as well as anyone as opposed to a good serviceable CB.

You should refrain from mentioning available players.

I had a hard time deciding between Luck and Newton.  I had buyers remorse the minute I hit post with Newton and wish I went Luck.  I'm sure I would have felt the same way had I picked Luck though.   

Luck scared me a little last year with his durability and decision making.  Grant it, the team could have been much better around him.  But both Luck & Newton have a lot of quality football ahead of them.  

I didn't think there was anyway he would have made it to #5.

Edited by PuRock

Just now, PuRock said:

I had a hard time deciding between Luck and Newton.  I had buyers remorse the minute I hit post with Newton and wish I went Luck.  I'm sure I would have felt the same way had I picked Luck though.   

Luck scared me a little last year with his durability and decision making.  Grant it, the team could have been much better around him.  But both Luck & Newton have a lot of quality football ahead of them.  

My top 3 QBs were easily Rodgers, Luck and Newton (in no particular order). I would've had a hard choice if I had to choose between them.

3 minutes ago, Mt. Crushmore said:

My top 3 QBs were easily Rodgers, Luck and Newton (in no particular order). I would've had a hard choice if I had to choose between them.

I would have thought Rodgers is out of that discussion, being hands down the top guy.

5 minutes ago, Mt. Crushmore said:

Those were my top three as well.  I was hoping that the decision would be made for me.  The prior two years I would have went Luck hands down between the two.   

Edited by PuRock

4 minutes ago, allblackraven said:

I would have thought Rodgers is out of that discussion, being hands down the top guy.

Depends how much you factor in age

1 hour ago, -Truth- said:

Great get in Cam Newton. Still puzzled how he fell all the way to No.10 last year.

I could see Cam anywhere from 2-10. QB not so clear cut in my eyes. Also Cam never really won Abig game before last year where he really took a step forward in my eyes. 

Edited by ravensdan

52 minutes ago, VeiledPsychosis said:

I'm happy to build my team around Mack. In my opinion no other QB was worth #4. Basically my top 3 were taken top 3 and I scanned for the guy I'd most want to build my team around and I came away with an all around OLB whom I would argue is as good as anyone left. Looking around I'd say its far harder to find a top flight pass rusher who can also stop the run as well as anyone as opposed to a good serviceable CB.

I have to agree with the pick if going Defense and the logic. Plus he's still yet to reach his max potential and I take age into consideration as well. 

1 hour ago, allblackraven said:

I know but he hasn't sent me the board.

Just a quick question when Its my turn how do I send the next guy the board? Just curious

3 minutes ago, Mt. Crushmore said:

Depends how much you factor in age

Yeah, I guess. He should have 4-5 solid years left in him, though - just enough to produce and teach the successor (as I'm sure will happen - they know how to do it).

17 minutes ago, Mt. Crushmore said:

Honestly I'm glad I had one and not two because I'm not sure who I'd take. I don't think I'd put Luck there. His consistency was scary bad last year. Hard to blame that on everyone else's shortcomings 

1 minute ago, ALSKAN RAVEN FAN said:

Just a quick question when Its my turn how do I send the next guy the board? Just curious

If there are 2 picks ahead of you, send your top 3 players via PM

Everyone should know I love Luck about as much as any player in the league, so that was a very easy pick for me. Had him as number two.

I'd probably take Rodgers #1, I'm just not giving a concrete statement because I didn't really look into it as I didn't have to. May as well prep for people who'll actually be at #13 

26 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

With three defensive players gone, I'm surprised to see a certain player from defense still there.

I know right? Fully expected John Cena to be gone by this point...

58 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

Everyone should know I love Luck about as much as any player in the league, so that was a very easy pick for me. Had him as number two.

Right with you there

1 hour ago, ravensdan said:

I could see Cam anywhere from 2-10. QB not so clear cut in my eyes. Also Cam never really won Abig game before last year where he really took a step forward in my eyes. 

I thought he took a step forward I'm terms of going through his progressions the year before. I would've likely had Rodgers and Newton at No.1 and No.2 among my QB targets.