Mt. Crushmore

2016 Draft a Franchise: Discussion Thread

6,017 posts in this topic

One game + one drive might be a short sample but I'm liking my starting QB. Seems this dude doesn't really need as much work as we all thought.

On September 11, 2016 at 5:25 PM, BmoreBird22 said:

Well, so far with the first game, Miller was huge in a feature role and Jay was a healthy scratch that didn't even travel.

Well in hindsight looks like I was right on both players. Miller should be a 1B and Ajayi is a workhorse feature back. Although I thought he would do more as a receiver. 

1 hour ago, ravensdan said:

Well in hindsight looks like I was right on both players. Miller should be a 1B and Ajayi is a workhorse feature back. Although I thought he would do more as a receiver. 

I've still got some concerns for both of them. Miller with those injuries coming on later in the season. He just seemed to be nicked up a pretty good bit later on in the season and maybe that's why the Dolphins just limited his carries.

With Ajayi, he had three 200 yard games (where he looked unstoppable) and that 100 yard game, but other than those four games, he was pretty marginal. I want to see more consistency. Such a violent runner when he gets a full head of steam.

I think both can be top backs in the league. I think Ajayi was a victim of similar circumstances to Miller- Dolphins just aren't always committed to the run, and Miller just getting nicked up. 

Even with missing my first pick on Darrelle Revis, My defense looks pretty beastly

I'll at least take solace in the fact that I didn't make the first 10 or so picks. 

OK, positives for me - defensive front was still OK, with Watt back it should be unstoppable. Looks like Wentz is capable of becoming solid QB in the NFL.

After an interesting Season I have to say I am pretty happy with my team. I wouldnt have won a lot of games this year, but I think I have a lot of things to look forward to.
Offense:
Garoppolo showed a lot of promise in limited action. My RBs did fairly well, except Matt Jones who cant hold on to a ball if his life depends on it. WR might be the biggest question mark on my offense. After Mike Evans are a lot of uncertainties (Yes I am looking at you Treadwell!). I am happy with my TE.
OL is one of my strengths with Jack Conklin beeing even better then I thought.
Defense:
Roberty Quinn injuries hurt a lot but I am happy with the rest. Sheard may be in BB Doghouse, but Flowers steped up in a big way. Malcolm Brown and Odrick need to get more consistent, but they have some upside.
My LB group is young an hungry. McKinney played exceptional and Telvin Smith makes plays all over the field. The rest are nice complimentary pieces to my Defense.
My DB group is a big questionmark but with McCourty, Rhodes and Joyner I have some pieces in place and Justin Simmons played really well down the stretch from what I saw.

I am not going to talk about Blair Walsh, thats just sad.

I actually think my team would be pretty decent. My offense would be able to put up a ton of points with a really balanced running game and with some pretty good pass catching options. I also think while the defense would suffer some pains, I think it'd be a similar type team to the Falcons. Defense does just enough to keep points off the board for the offense.

My offense was on par with what I hoped to assemble. Ramon Foster, Cody Whitehair, T.J Lang all had very good seasons, especially the interior trio. D.J. Humphries had a decent season, albeit surprisingly being a liability in pass protection. DeAndre Hopkins would likely be better off with Ben Roethlisberger. Hopkins, Terrell Pryor, Delanie Walker and Le'Veon Bell would make for a stout group of skill players. The defense is solid but unspectacular. Joey Bosa could help make up for DeMarcus Lawrence's struggles this season. A capable group of LBs with Vontaze Burfict leading the way. CB is a bit of a question mark. Harlan Miller was impressive in limited action, and Jonathan Joseph improved drastically on a poor start; but while Vontae Davis finished the season on a very strong note, he had a down season while dealing with the groin injury. A trio of good safeties with Tony Jefferson leading the way. Not a bad team altogether.

My team turned out to be solid. O line was good, my only true weakness was strong safety.