• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
Mt. Crushmore

2016 Draft a Franchise: Discussion Thread

6,017 posts in this topic

Sorry guys. I'm rarely late. Last minute work got in the way!  I know it was a shocking first pick too!

2 hours ago, ludy51 said:

So.......Anybody just want to post A-Rod and move on?

See, you gave him the idea to draft A-Rod.  If you hadn't said anything he probably would have gone with...

Edited by RavensFanMania

2 minutes ago, RavensFanMania said:

See, you gave him the idea to draft A-Rod.  If you hadn't said anything he probably would have gone with...

Right almost forgot about that Rodgers guy. So while I don't the the down year last year should be blamed strictly on Jordy Rodgers clearly has the best skill set of any QB in the league. 

What Rodgers did with his poor receiving corps last year was pretty good. That Arizona playoff game was amazing.

That was unexpected.  I was fully expecting a QB.  I had three guys in mind and was going to pick the one who dropped.  Now I have to make an actual decision.  

1 minute ago, PuRock said:

That was unexpected.  I was fully expecting a QB.  I had three guys in mind and was going to pick the one who dropped.  Now I have to make an actual decision.  

Lol. Same here though. I love JJ Watt, but position value.

Wow. Watt is definitely among the top 5 in the league talent wise, but I still would have taken a QB over him. Can't really criticize the pick if you're going for a legendary level defense, ala 2000 Ravens championship team. Also don't want to criticize since it increases the chances of the guys I want to be available at 15...

Edited by RaineV1

Hmm not completely sold Cam Newton is the second best QB in the league, even considering the upside factor...

Always wanted to build defense with Watt on my team. He is the best player in the league, his value goes beyond conventional position value and if draft goes anything close to what I expect, there should be serviceable QB available for me later on.

2 minutes ago, regz1997 said:

Hmm not completely sold Cam Newton is the second best QB in the league, even considering the upside factor...

I'm not really sold on anyone as the #2 QB that isn't 30+.  They all have their issues.  But Cam keeps improving every year and last year his receiving squad was a joke and he still found a way to turn in a great year.    

6 minutes ago, allblackraven said:

Always wanted to build defense with Watt on my team. He is the best player in the league, his value goes beyond conventional position value and if draft goes anything close to what I expect, there should be serviceable QB available for me later on.

His heart, soul, and leadership are definitely through the roof. Yet, by playing a little bit of devils advocate, one could make the argument that having an elite QB is way more impactful than any defensive lineman, period. But to each, his/her own (I got you @RaineV1). It's what makes this game so special. 

Edited by regz1997

6 minutes ago, allblackraven said:

I would agree. There are only a small handful (very small maybe 2 or 3) of QBs who you can say can near singlehandedly get you to and win a Super Bowl. The rest of the great ones basically can get you to the playoffs and give you a fighting chance. If you look at what Watt has done for the Texans he at the minimal gets you to the playoffs or atleast wins you several games on his play alone and gives you a fighting chance. That is likely just as good or better than most of the QBs who go in the top 10 of this draft

3 hours ago, PuRock said:

I'm not really sold on anyone as the #2 QB that isn't 30+.  They all have their issues.  But Cam keeps improving every year and last year his receiving squad was a joke and he still found a way to turn in a great year.    

You definitely have to give him credit for a good year, and I agree he has been quite productive with a nobody for his leading receiver. I'm interested to see the supporting cast you give him!

Edited by regz1997

If there was ever a year to take Watt this might be it. There's a weird mix of Qbs right now. After Arod there are either age, consistency injury or just plain unproven guys. Or some combo of these. However after I'd say 15 or so guys it's a bad situation. 

29 minutes ago, PuRock said:

Cam certainly is a guy who you can build a unique offense around. He also has durability whicj to me is so important for your QB. 

7 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

I think everyone knows the guy I want (the other one), but just in case, who wants my top 2?

Send them over, I'm not picking any time soon and will be around.

9 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

I think everyone knows the guy I want (the other one), but just in case, who wants my top 2?

I can take it 

2 hours ago, Mt. Crushmore said:

Lol. Great minds...

And the ability to follow simple, long-standing rules #ShotsReturned

20 minutes ago, -Truth- said:

And the ability to follow simple, long-standing rules #ShotsReturned

louder than you think, I might add

23 minutes ago, -Truth- said:

Great get in Cam Newton. Still puzzled how he fell all the way to No.10 last year.

And Khalil Mack went 54. Almost fell to me in the 2nd round :(

Two defenders in the top 4 this year!

Wow. I wasn't expecting some of these Players to go top 5. Watt and Mack are great, but positional value man...