• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
Mt. Crushmore

2016 Draft a Franchise: Discussion Thread

6,017 posts in this topic

This is the official discussion thread for the 2016 Draft a Franchise game. Please move all discussion here now and out of the announcement thread. Thank you.

PLEASE READ:

A couple things to remember before we begin:

1. Head coaches are available to be drafted as well (basically any coach is available for that). However, no drafting someone to be a coordinator (optional continuation only for this)

2. It is 12 hours per pick, but this will be reduced if you are skipped. The first skip does nothing, just a warning really. Every time after this, your draft time is cut in half. So skip number two puts you at 6 hours to pick, then 3 hours and so on.

3. If you know you won't be around (or are worried you might not be) and you are close to being up, please forward your draft board (a few picks) to someone to select on your behalf (and notify everyone by saying that in the discussion thread). Usually if you have time, ask in the thread if anyone is willing to take it. Also, boards are usually sent to people who won't be up for a while, just as a precaution if you are worried about people seeing your draft board. Example: If you are off to bed and up in a pick or so, send off your board to someone. This allows us to keep the draft going at a good pace. Trust me, long waits are annoying. Especially if you get a couple in a row. 

4. No trading of draft picks.

5. Please turn on notifications for being tagged in posts (the tags are these things @Mt. Crushmore). This can be done in your settings. This allows us an easy way to notify a member if they are on the clock or almost on the clock. It is easy than a PM and everyone can see once someone has been notified. Everyone can contribute to notifying people so don't worry, you'll be notified. 

6. Make sure to post a roster in the directory thread and continue to update it after every draft pick.

7. After you pick make sure to put it in the big board.

8. Please do not discuss players that haven't already been taken. Once a player is selected you can talk about how he is such a steal, etc.

9. Draft starts in a few minutes with @ravensdan

10. Have fun!

Also, please take note of this, which I put in the draft thread:

If a team has been skipped, still use your original draft pick number. That keeps it simple. Also, if you have been skipped, please mention that your selection was skipped when you pick.

Edited by Mt. Crushmore

2 minutes ago, ludy51 said:

two minutes too early

Posted this a few minutes early so I could get the draft up exactly on time.

I'm ready.  I think I am set on my top 3 guys after much consideration.  Now I just need to see which one of them falls.  

Edited by PuRock

Please take note of this (added into 1st post here and in the draft thread):

If a team has been skipped, still use your original draft pick number. That keeps it simple. Also, if you have been skipped, please mention that your selection was skipped when you pick.

Just now, Mt. Crushmore said:

As always, I'm interested to see how we value Ravens players compared to the rest of the league 

We all will find out in round 2

7 minutes ago, BmoreBird22 said:

We all will find out in round 2

What  are you talking about.  32 of them will be taken in the 1st round

20 minutes ago, RavensFanMania said:

What  are you talking about.  32 of them will be taken in the 1st round

I'm trying to have faith that I'll get my guy 

25 minutes ago, ludy51 said:

So.......Anybody just want to post A-Rod and move on?

No mentioning players that haven't been selected please 

Just now, Mt. Crushmore said:

He was obviously talking about Alex Rodriguez.

29 minutes ago, Mt. Crushmore said:

This exactly. I've spoken with more than one member who have a different No.1 target, so it's not a full-blown guarantee. Let's keep our guesses private in the meantime.

1 minute ago, allblackraven said:

I thought you all will be pissed waiting on my pick, since the clock started 4 AM Pacific/Auckland...

Did you wake up early just for this? 

5 minutes ago, PuRock said:

Did you wake up early just for this? 

Lol, I am crazy but not that much - work related.

37 minutes ago, -Truth- said:

This exactly. I've spoken with more than one member who have a different No.1 target, so it's not a full-blown guarantee. Let's keep our guesses private in the meantime.

I'd actually have a tough decision between 3 different players. Haven't really thought about it though as I don't have to.

On 5/8/2016 at 7:44 PM, -Truth- said:

Also wanted to mention the gentlemen's rule of not discussing players who have yet to be selected.

On 5/8/2016 at 7:59 PM, Mt. Crushmore said:

Yep. I'll add that in.

On 5/8/2016 at 8:22 PM, -Truth- said:

Thank you.

On 5/8/2016 at 8:36 PM, Mt. Crushmore said:

Thanks for pointing it out. Definitely an important thing  

On 5/8/2016 at 9:16 PM, -Truth- said:

Most welcome and I agree there.

On 5/9/2016 at 1:05 PM, Mt. Crushmore said:

On 5/9/2016 at 1:39 PM, -Truth- said:

On 5/9/2016 at 2:17 PM, Mt. Crushmore said:

I'd actually have a tough decision between 3 different players. Haven't really thought about it though as I don't have to.

You two got something going on that the rest of us should know about....?

Edited by ludy51

23 minutes ago, ludy51 said:

You two got something going on that the rest of us should know about....?

Seem to be agreeing with one another an awful lot.

Lol. Great minds...