sflegend89

Passing on Myles Jack....

99 posts in this topic

On 5/2/2016 at 7:37 AM, flynismo said:

I wonder...say we took Jack, and he goes on to play one or two seasons for us and retires. Would all these people bashing Oz for not taking a chance on Jack be the same people who bash Oz for being so stupid to spend such an early pick on a guy with such obvious red flags?

Thats probably the easiest thing to answer based on this season and some of these "fans" constantly bashing Perriman.   Those are the same people that would be screaming about Myles Jack from mountain tops had he been picked and suffered any type of setback.

* every time I would ask those "fans" what were their realistic expectations statistically of Perriman in what was basically his rookie year and he still hasn't had a training camp practice! Then the crickets start chirping lol. 

On 5/2/2016 at 9:58 AM, JoDaClub said:

I just don't get it. Going to the playoffs six out of the last eight years, the Ravens have been forced to draft developmental or specif role players.  There is no doubt that this strategy has worked, but over that time our play makers have either retired for left in free agency. You look at any other winning franchise and there are at least 3 to 4 guys on that team that their fans worship. The Ravens have Flacco, but he has the personality of a door knob. Plus he is overpaid based on his stats. Suggs?  Past his prime and the bleach incident doesn't help. 

Finally a play maker, Jack, fall in our lap and we take a developmental player.  I just don't get it.  

He had serious health concerns and the other guy Noah Spence had character concerns. So that is perhaps why the Ravens passed on them. But, if both those players end up being studs and Correa becomes a dud, then it is just destiny. With the information the Ravens scouts had at the time of the draft, that was the decision made and it'll end up wherever it does. But, can't really blame Ozzie for that.

10 hours ago, ellicottraven said:

He had serious health concerns and the other guy Noah Spence had character concerns. So that is perhaps why the Ravens passed on them. But, if both those players end up being studs and Correa becomes a dud, then it is just destiny. With the information the Ravens scouts had at the time of the draft, that was the decision made and it'll end up wherever it does. But, can't really blame Ozzie for that.

I get what your saying.... Kind of.  I loved the potential of Jack and I'm OK with passing on him, but for a guy like KC that didn't show anything in his first year (not that Jack did) is just disappointing.  I can't remember what Spence's character concerns were, but at least we have Judon 

1 hour ago, usmccharles said:

I get what your saying.... Kind of.  I loved the potential of Jack and I'm OK with passing on him, but for a guy like KC that didn't show anything in his first year (not that Jack did) is just disappointing.  I can't remember what Spence's character concerns were, but at least we have Judon 

Spence got kicked out of Ohio State for failing drug test for ecstasy and weed.

Edited by ravensnick

2 hours ago, usmccharles said:

I want Correa to have a picture of Judon in his back pocket so everytime he opens his wallet he'll see and realize that Judon is taking money away from Correa's pocket every day that he doesn't improve! I'm so glad we got Judon when we did.

1 hour ago, ellicottraven said:

I want Correa to have a picture of Judon in his back pocket so everytime he opens his wallet he'll see and realize that Judon is taking money away from Correa's pocket every day that he doesn't improve! I'm so glad we got Judon when we did.

Couldn't Judon and KC be the replacements for Suggs and Doom technically... 

18 hours ago, usmccharles said:

Couldn't Judon and KC be the replacements for Suggs and Doom technically... 

sounds like a good idea if you plan on having the #1 pick somewhere in the future lol

We will see this year what he and the Cowboys 2nd rounder will do.

Bc we got Stanley, Young, and Judon I can't really be upset lol...