Moderator 3

Welcome to Baltimore, Bronson Kaufusi Round 3 Pick 70

119 posts in this topic

BYU's Bronson Kaufusi was 2nd in run stop rate and 1st in pass rush productivity among all 3-4 DEs in the FBS last season.

Hell, I'll take it!

Weird, hard to pronounce names usually bust. Now we got 2 of them. 

(Joking.... Kind of)

Like it more than Correa in the 2nd, but wow uninspiring stuff this year. Hope I'm wrong.

Edited by sflegend89

42 minutes ago, Cillmatic said:

BYU's Bronson Kaufusi was 2nd in run stop rate and 1st in pass rush productivity among all 3-4 DEs in the FBS last season.

Hell, I'll take it!

Wait a minute, you mean to tell me the defense needs help up front stopping the run and getting after the passer from the 5tech and the Ravens actually picked someone who could help?

Ozzie is finished. Run him out of town.

Liked the first 2 picks. Hated this one. You can't pass on billings Bullard and fuller for this guy. 6'7" and stands straight up when he plays. He will get BLASTED off the line and wiped out of plays.

He wasn't my first choice and it's a bit early for him, but I do love his potential. Not a horrible pick imo

56 minutes ago, Gordo52 said:

Weird, hard to pronounce names usually bust. Now we got 2 of them. 

(Joking.... Kind of)

Like Keleche Osemele? 

1 minute ago, ravefan52 said:

He wasn't my first choice and it's a bit early for him, but I do love his potential. Not a horrible pick imo

I'm not attacking you or your opinion, just the idea of a guy getting drafted too early. Can you or anyone else please explain how anyone of us can say what a guy's value is to the "Ravens"? Nobody knows where these players are rated on their draft board or what they saw in these players to fall in love with them. 

Analyst and other media outlets do "mock drafts" for a reason, because they don't know what teams are thinking. Now I know there's a rating system that's widely used around the NFL, but again who can really speak to the value of a player go a team. The Ravens could have legitimately had him rated as the top 3-4 DE in the class while others drooled over Buckner.

32 minutes ago, sflegend89 said:

Like it more than Correa in the 2nd, but wow uninspiring stuff this year. Hope I'm wrong.

Sorry sorry draft sir!

I'm already waiting for 2017 at this point. 2015 all over again.

Fellas and lady fellas have a good weekend!!

33 minutes ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

Liked the first 2 picks. Hated this one. You can't pass on billings Bullard and fuller for this guy. 6'7" and stands straight up when he plays. He will get BLASTED off the line and wiped out of plays.

When ravens defense sucks and draft picks make no impact and ravens miss playoffs again management is finally going to get blasted for terrible decisions and draft picks. Fans are going to be calling for Harbaugh to be fired although is management

Edited by Winchester

Is this guy taken too early? No one knows yet; he could be since he's a developmental guy. However, if he had multiple years like his final season, he'd be right up there with Buckner! He didn't concentrate because he played basketball, meaning he's super athletic. (Just like Stanley). 

But anyways, Ozzie believes teams success starts up front. We got a complete stud o-lineman that will bolster our o-line (zone blocking, yes please) for years. Then we get a potential monster pass rusher -who we felt was better than Spence apparently- and a dude who can turn out to be the best 3-4 DE in the draft. 

Bronson, Brandon Williams, and Timmy. Suggs, Doom, Correa, and Z. Smith at OLB. Then we got dudes like Davis, Urban, and Lewis-Moore to backup our dline. 

In the 4th, Ozzie is going to go wild and get us some CB help. So y'all calm the hell down. 

34 minutes ago, rmw10 said:

He's obviously not him, but Kaufusi said he models his game after Julius Peppers.

And Watt. Don't forget.

Edited by ellicottraven

1 hour ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

He is BYU D-line coach's son. He's got some really saavy moves. He is pretty athletic and bends reasonably well. What concerns me however, being a D-line coach's kid, his technique could be maxed out and what you see is what you get. In other words potentially low ceiling. That's my only concern with him. However, I've heard that he has a high ceiling too. So, who knows? I hope he does have a high ceiling though.

1 hour ago, JoeyFlex5 said:

Look up Ted Hendricks. It can work. 

This is a pick that I am actually happy with after looking at a couple game play footage of him. He uses his hands nicely and has nice speed for his size. He could be a steal. Also hearing he was the top graded 3-4 DE against the run and second graded as a pass rusher makes me even happier. About time we drafted someone this year that I agree with.